PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bheur Hag

M Placeholder
2015-12-30, 07:12 AM
Bheur Hag (http://dungeonsanddrawings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/bheur-hag.html)

Medium/Large Fey, Chaotic Evil

Hit Points (normal form) – 11d8 + 22 (66)
Hit Points (enlarged form) – 12d10 + 48 (108)
Speed – 30ft, fly 60ft (30ft enlarged form)
AC normal form – 17
AC enlarged form – 18

Normal Form

Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
13 16 14 12 13 13
+1 +3 +2 +1 +2 +2

Enlarged Form

Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
21 14 18 12 13 13
+5 +2 +4 +1 +2 +2

Saves – Wisdom +5, Constitution + 5 normal form (+ 7 enlarged form)
Skills – Stealth +5 (+3 in enlarged form), Perception +5, Survival +5 (+6 above ground), Nature + 5
Immunities – Cold
Resistances – Fire
Languages – Sylvan, Giant, Auran, Rashemi
Vulnerabilities - Acid, Lighting
Senses - Passive Perception 15, Darkvision 60ft
Challenge Rating – 8

Magic Resistance – The bheur hag has advantage on saving throws against magic and other spell like effects.

Attack (normal form)
Slam – Melee weapon attack: +4 to hit, reach 5ft,
Hit - one target (2d6+4) bludgeoning damage and 6(2d6) cold damage.

(Enlarged form)
Slam – Melee weapon attack: +8 to hit, reach 10ft,
Hit - one target (3d8+8) bludgeoning damage and 6(2d6) cold damage.

Innate Spellcasting
The hag’s innate spellcasting ability is charisma (Spell save DC 13). She can cast the following spells with no spell components and using her graystaff as a focus –

At will – Hold Person, Solid Fog
3/Day – Cone of cold, Ice Storm, Wall of Ice

Maddening Feast – A bheur dines on the bodies of the creatures it slays, and as a full round action, it can devour the flesh of a slain or helpless victim, leaving only the bones and the equipment. Any creature that is within 60ft that witnesses this sight has to make a Wisdom save (DC13). Those that fail are either blinded (75% chance) for 2d6 rounds or become confused (25% chance) for 2d6 rounds.

Shift Size – The hag can change between its large and its normal sized forms as an action. When changing form from medium to large, the hag gains 3d10 of hit points. The hag can only stay in large form for 10 minutes per day.

Rashemen is a land in which there are no shortage of hags, and the most feared are the bheur – ones that can bring the icy touch of winter to any place in the land, and enamoured with the taste of human flesh. Every year, the hathrans battle one of these monsters as the spring approaches, driving it off to herald the return of the warmth.

With blue skin, white hair and hands generally caked with blood, a bheur hag is a not a pretty sight, and it lives to bring misery and the cold.

Wall of Ice
3rd level Evocation
Casting Time – 1 action
Range – 60ft
Components – V, S, M (Small piece of rock crystal)
Duration – Concentration, up to 10 minutes

You conjure up a wall of ice on the ground at a point that you can see within range. You can make the wall up to 30 feet long, 10 feet high and 1 foot thick, or you can make a ringed wall up to 20 feet in diameter that is 20ft high, and 1 foot thick. The wall melts when the spell ends. If the wall is melted by fire, it produces a fog cloud over the space where the wall was for 1 minute.

Each 5ft square section has AC5 and 15 hit points, and when it is reduced to 0 hit points, it is destroyed. The wall is smooth, and there is nowhere to gain a foothold. The wall is cold to touch and deals 1d6 of cold damage to those that touch the wall or pass though a destroyed section.

Solid Fog
3rd level conjuration
Casting Time – 1 action
Range – 120 feet
Components – V, S, M (Powdered peas and powdered animal hoof)
Concentration – Up to 1 hour

This spell functions as fog cloud, but in addition to obscuring sight, the area effected counts as difficult terrain, and ranged weapon attacks are ineffective. A creature cannot take the dash action in solid fog
At higher levels – When you cast this spell using a slot of 4th level or higher, the radius of the fog increases by 20ft for each slot level above 3rd

M Placeholder
2015-12-30, 07:21 AM
Conversion of the Bheur Hag to 5e from the sourcebook Unapproachable East, this is a straight conversion, with two exceptions -

1 - the Maddening Feast - In the 3.5 version, you could go permanently blind if you saw it feast. I changed it to just confusion.

2 - hitpoints when enlarged - there were no guidelines on the hitpoints for the two forms, and if the hag either kept its hitpoints or when it enlarged, regained its hitpoints, or it gained/lost the percentile amount when it changed. I went with the solution presented, though Im not totally happy and if anyone has got an idea of how to implement this, please let me know.

Thanks.

thoroughlyS
2016-01-03, 02:54 PM
Maddening Feast - In the 3.5 version, you could go permanently blind if you saw it feast. I changed it to just confusion.
I would just leave it as the standard ability from the book. At 8th level, the party should have access to spells that remove conditions. Whether it's the party's own casters, or just paying for spellcasting services. Also, at the new DC of 13 it should be easy to avoid.

M Placeholder
2016-01-03, 03:51 PM
I would just leave it as the standard ability from the book. At 8th level, the party should have access to spells that remove conditions. Whether it's the party's own casters, or just paying for spellcasting services. Also, at the new DC of 13 it should be easy to avoid.

Actually, that should be "I changed it to 2d6 rounds". I'm not sure if it should be permanent

Also converted two of the spells used by the hag.