PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sworn to the Good guys! When a Warlock is dealing with the good guys.

Socratov
2015-12-30, 07:57 AM
The Fey, Fiends and Old ones can make for great and flavourful pacts. then ther eis the warlock that has a fear of the dark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epYKVcHrVr0), and one for those walking bones... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpvuqj5nv6U)

bu tso far I have yet to see Warlcok that made a deal with the good side. Now, please know that Good is not nice (look up the planetar and Solar entries in the MM) and sometimes you just need something done that isn't exactly kosher, by someone whom you hope has your best interests at heart[,/URL] or maybe [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Dresden"]someone who has just that much more agency in the world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constantine). Becuase even the good guys need a dark horse sometimes.

Whatever it is, sometimes you just want to play a Warlock and be good for a change!

So, to counteract the Fiend pact, let me present you: The Radiant Pact!

The Divine Pact can be chosen instead of any other patron and will bring its own features and choices:

When you choose the Radiant Pact at lvl 1 you can make a pact with a good Deity you worship, but whose aligment you don't have to match.

Expanded Spellist: Your divine patron allows you to choose from additional spells when you select a warlock spell: choose a domain of your patron and add those to th ewarlock spell list.

At lvl 3 when you get your pactboon your chosen boon will reflect your chosen Deity:

Pact weapon: your weapon shines with a radiant aura and looks as the unblemished and unsullied version of the weapon you chose you pact weapon to be. As if it was newly craftedn and polished the moment you summoned it. The weapon will bear the crest of your god to show your alegiance.

Pact tome: Your book is richly decorated in golden and silver ornamentation around the crest of your god. It details spells and secrets form one of your god's domains.

pact of the Chain: your familiar will take on the form of a celestial version of the familiar you summon through the find fmailiar spell.

Blessings form Above: At 1st level, once per short/long rest you get the ability to cast the bless spell.

Divine Judgement: At 6th level, you get the power to strike with the radiant power of your patron. Once per long or short rest you can use Divine Smite as if you had used your warlock spellslot to power it. this does not consume a warlock spellslot and deals radiant damage.

Shield of Faith:At 10th level, as your body becomes suffused by your patron's radiant energy, your features become blurred as you gain a radiant aura. You can, as a bonus action, activate/dismiss your radiant aura. While in effect you suffer disadvantage on stealth checks and impose a 20% miss chance to incoming ranged attacks.

Celestial Champion: At 14th level once per long rest you can single out a single enemy and challenge it to a trial in the halls of your god. When you do, a planar bubble opens up, bringing the court of your patron all around. all other combat is halted as everywhere but a 50' square is affected by a Sanctuary effect. In the square you duel the targeted enemy until death. While duelling you get advantage to attacks and the enemy gets disadvantage to saves cind eyou are so close to the source of your power. After the duel ends, expended recources are returned to the state as they were before the duel, except for the dead.

So, any takers? Any tweaks I could do? I tried to emulate both in spirit and in effects what the other pacts would give.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 08:02 AM
Homebrew forum brah.

Also it would be called Clerics and Paladins.

Socratov
2015-12-30, 08:19 AM
Homebrew forum brah.
Oops, now that you mentioned it I have asked a mod to move the thread.

Also it would be called Clerics and Paladins.

Why? The Radiant Warlock won't cast from the same list as the cleric an pally, and while I did move over the smite and bless I think it's an entirely different class compared to Clerics and Paladins.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 08:25 AM
Oops, now that you mentioned it I have asked a mod to move the thread.

Why? The Radiant Warlock won't cast from the same list as the cleric an pally, and while I did move over the smite and bless I think it's an entirely different class compared to Clerics and Paladins.

Conceptually a person who made a deal with a deity in exchange for power is exactly what a Cleric or Paladin (Paladins in older editions at least) is. Powerful good creatures tend to be connected somehow to deities and you don't want to step on their toes.

Socratov
2015-12-30, 08:29 AM
Conceptually a person who made a deal with a deity in exchange for power is exactly what a Cleric or Paladin (Paladins in older editions at least) is. Powerful good creatures tend to be connected somehow to deities and you don't want to step on their toes.

Well, strictly speaking it's not a deal, but devotion. A cleric devotes himself to a deity and gets th spells etc. for it inreturn. A paladin makes a vow of X (and aren't even beholden to a divine being anymore) and derives power form that vow.

or would you consider the warlock a Fey/Oldone/fiend version of the paladin or cleric?

eastmabl
2015-12-30, 09:17 AM
Wizards (largely) beat you to it with the Undying Light pact in Unearthed Arcana. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf. Even if it's not perfect, consider using it as a template.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 09:22 AM
Well, strictly speaking it's not a deal, but devotion. A cleric devotes himself to a deity and gets th spells etc. for it inreturn. A paladin makes a vow of X (and aren't even beholden to a divine being anymore) and derives power form that vow.

or would you consider the warlock a Fey/Oldone/fiend version of the paladin or cleric?

It isn't a deal?

When everyone knows that each god/goddess is real and could devote themselves to any of them and be rewarded... Your devotion is a deal. I'll devote my life to XYZ and I'll be rewarded MNO. Worshiping a deity is strictly a deal.

Which is why when people don't get what they want they feel slighted. They had a deal with the deity. I worship you and you give me X.

Clerics and Paladins are the extreme as, for their service, they get a lot more toys to play with. If the cleric or paladin wasn't up to par with what the deity wanted then they wouldn't get all the extra toys.

Warlocks are the arcane version of Clerics and Paladins, they just work slightly differ mechanically.

Conceptually they are the same thing.

ryan92084
2015-12-30, 09:26 AM
Thematically I have no problem with a good aligned warlock. The reason for the pact would just have to be something like you promised to spend the rest of your life in direct service to the god in exchange for a miracle. A god in need of a more direct servant took you up on that offer and also empowered you to better serve them. Something like that.

Balance wise I'm not a good judge of homebrew especially of a class where the patrons have such varying levels of usefulness. I will say the shield of faith's 20% mechanic would seem odd in 5e.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 09:47 AM
Note

I'm not saying you can't play a good warlock, hell, I played a good fiend Warlock. Any pact can be put on a good character with the right background and ideas (folk hero was mine).

However, conceptually, a divine being such as a deity already have their versions of Warlocks called Clerics and Paladins.

I actually really wish the Druid had Warlock casting to distiguish itself from the cleric. The druid worships nature/world spirits/primal spirits and not a deity exactly (much like a Paladin).

×××edit

Even really strong celestials of the gods (even chaotic and evil ones) woypdnt want to take up a Warlock as that screws up the chain of command and stops the deity from getting what they want. Why share power with a creature that isn't going to further your goals when there are tons of people that will further your goals that want your power?

I'm a pretty flexible DM/player but cleric is the answer to this.

Douche
2015-12-30, 09:53 AM
You could give a warlock a few divine domain spells, but he's still going to largely be a warlock with spells like Hunger of Hadar, Hellish Rebuke, Feeblemind, etc. I just don't see it, bro.

Thematically, clerics and paladins make more sense as "divine warlocks" as they're drawing their power from a divine entity in a similar manner. Although I guess I could see a warlock making a pact with a sun god. Not something with a life domain or equally holy, but the sun in the sense that it burns eternally and staring at it too long will make you go blind (similar to, ya know, forbidden knowledge making you go mad)... Is that what you were talking about in the OP?

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 10:09 AM
You could give a warlock a few divine domain spells, but he's still going to largely be a warlock with spells like Hunger of Hadar, Hellish Rebuke, Feeblemind, etc. I just don't see it, bro.

Thematically, clerics and paladins make more sense as "divine warlocks" as they're drawing their power from a divine entity in a similar manner. Although I guess I could see a warlock making a pact with a sun god. Not something with a life domain or equally holy, but the sun in the sense that it burns eternally and staring at it too long will make you go blind (similar to, ya know, forbidden knowledge making you go mad)... Is that what you were talking about in the OP?

Refluffed fiend Warlock who gets their power from an elemental that *is* the sun.

For its crimes against Pelor, Ultima the fire elemental was out into the sky to be used as a sun. Of it was just that Ultima would have went quietly until it could break free. However Pelor had the nerve to make Ultima his symbol! Now the Sun elemental makes deals with mortals. Burn with the passion of a 1,000 blazing subs so that the church of Pelor will be extinguish. Fight fire with fire after all.

Pinjata
2015-12-30, 10:09 AM
Do not take a dump on finally solidly written canon. Also you are thinking of clerics.

Gastronomie
2015-12-30, 10:12 AM
Thematically I have no problem with a good aligned warlock. The reason for the pact would just have to be something like you promised to spend the rest of your life in direct service to the god in exchange for a miracle. A god in need of a more direct servant took you up on that offer and also empowered you to better serve them. Something like that.

This could be one idea of how this "Warlock" differs from Clerics and Paladins.

I'm pretty sure most Clerics and Paladins generally "serve" and "do their best to work for" their respective gods. They gods aren't their "recruiters" or "job boss", they're their absolute masters. The Clerics and Paladins are blindly loyal, and while they need to do goods for their gods, the gods don't necesarrily need to do goods for them (yes, they give the Cleric/Paladin some neat abilities, but that's just the god enhancing his own weapon. Most Clerics and Paladins didn't really enter the church or start training because the god specifically told them he/she/it'd give them something they want for "personal gain").

On the contrary, most Warlocks form pacts for this "personal gain". They want the sweet stuff. Perhaps granting a wish in the form of a miracle, in the case with gods or similar high entities.

When a god gives a Paladin sacred powers, the Paladin would generally use it for "good purposes", not to amass his own wealth or be popular with the town's girls. But when a Demon Lord/Archdevil/Ultroloth/Whatever gives a Warlock wicked powers, the Warlock would use it for both the "jobs" given to him by his patron, AND his personal motivations and plans. Meaning, the "Patron" does not just give orders, he also gives an effective "reward" for what the Warlock does for it. This is very similar to the relationship between the "employer" and the "employee". Both sides need to give the other side something, for the relationship to work.

In most worlds, any god in his right mind would rather go hire the blindly loyal Cleric or Paladin over the occasionally unpredictable Warlock. But when:
-The god's got some really eccentric personality (for instance, a Chaotic Neutral/Evil Trickster God who would rather have his own minions be selfish and anti-authority over being "blindly loyal" like the Cleric/Paladin)
-Not many people pray to the god (perhaps because the god is starting to become forgotten, or perhaps because the people of that world don't pray to gods from the start)
Then, it's very much possible that a god would ask some people with both ambition and capability to sign some contracts, in exchange for having the god grant a wish (because after all, he is a friggin' "god").
Sorta like the anime Madoka Magica...though, generally, the god's contract is the better option.

I don't know whether this is balanced or not, tho', so not rating it.

Millstone85
2015-12-30, 10:14 AM
I think that, conceptually at least, the difference between a warlock's pact and a cleric/paladin's oath is that the former does not imply shared ideals while the latter does. A cleric is expected to have genuine respect for their god and the tenets of the faith. Yes brother, She is our true guide above and we should trust in Her great wisdom. Not so with a warlock.

In practice, I am sure a lot of clerics are played like warlocks and vice versa. My own character at this point is basically a Far Realm cultist.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 10:17 AM
Do not take a dump on finally solidly written canon. Also you are thinking of clerics.

Sarcasm?

And if not...

People should eat chipotle+tacobell+laxitives and dump all over Canon. The Canon is so fricken lame.

Millstone85
2015-12-30, 11:32 AM
Also, it seems to me that a simple way to make a warlock pact with the good side would be to take this joke...http://s3.postimg.org/pk0tg5jnn/motivator50f9c206d9dc5ccac69e73f63903151dc9679b3.j pg... and avoid it entirely. No, no, have no fear, the Lady of the Lake or whatever offers respectable quests and fair rewards.

eastmabl
2015-12-30, 12:07 PM
Refluffed fiend Warlock who gets their power from an elemental that *is* the sun.

Ahem. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...Characters.pdf - see the Undying Light patron.

Mr.Moron
2015-12-30, 12:09 PM
I think you can play a current warlock as good just fine. You can cut a deal with the mysterious beyond and still be great person who does the right thing, for no other reason than to help people. You're maybe taking some risks in doing so, but nothing stops the concept. A Good Warlock is just fine.

However I don't think "Warlock that gets their powers from angels or good gods" works all that well. That's because a Warlock is fundamentally someone cutting deal. They're getting some power in a narrow way that they've defined in the best interests of their goal. They do this because both ends of the deal have to. Nobody in the right mind wants to get their soul eaten or whatever no matter if they're good or evil so they're not going to give into the agenda of some insane fey being, or gibbering unknown horror. Similarly such beings aren't going to give up their powers without getting something in return.

However "Cutting Deal" doesn't work with angels and good gods because they don't have to cut deals. If you want their powers to do good and you're willing/able to do so they'll gladly give them, they have no reason to withhold them. Similarly you're not afraid of angel's agenda because they don't want to eat your soul, or imprison you in their hedonism garden. They want to save kittens or whatever. The fundamental lack of trust and conflicting interests just aren't there to give rise to the need to cut a deal with them. It's always going to be a agreement based on mutual goals and beliefs.

That said could warlock mechanics work to represent some kind of more castery-focused version of a paladin or something, where you're the champion of some concept or deity that gives you short rest spells instead of smiting power, healing hands and dope armor? Yeah probably. However whatever that it's a decidedly not-warlock reskin of the whole thing.

EDIT: Or maybe some kind of redemption thing. Where the warlock version is the good going: Ok. You used to be bad dude but now I see you're genuinely doing good acts. Here are some powers, but I'm keeping you on a short leash just in case.

Corran
2015-12-30, 12:25 PM
Shield of Faith: Change the 20% miss chance to simply disadvantage for incoming ranged attacks, more straightforward and in line with the mechanics of this edition.

Celestial Champion: Really dont like this one. It might be cool to have if you play a solo campaign, but it does not play well with others. So now, other people get to watch you fight the BBEG while their characters are under a time stop spell and doing nothing. Not only they are bored, but this ability goes against any and every form of teamwork.

Other than that, I like it.

ps: I agree with the opinion that this warlock steps on the toes of clerics and paladins though.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 01:32 PM
Ahem. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...Characters.pdf - see the Undying Light patron.

File not found.

Does it give you "thrown through Hell"? Cause if not I'll stick with the refluffed fiend warlock of Ultima (the grand fire elemental in the sky).

ryan92084
2015-12-30, 01:36 PM
Sometimes a good gods just gotta get stuff done that those uppity bread burners might scoff at, am I right?
And don't even get them started on those darn atheist paladins. Who do they think they are with their "oath" powers?

ryan92084
2015-12-30, 01:38 PM
File not found.

Does it give you "thrown through Hell"? Cause if not I'll stick with the refluffed fiend warlock of Ultima (the grand fire elemental in the sky).

https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf nope it gives you afraid of the dark and healing candy for all. They get their power from the good plane and not the sun though.

AbyssStalker
2015-12-30, 01:51 PM
I think that, conceptually at least, the difference between a warlock's pact and a cleric/paladin's oath is that the former does not imply shared ideals while the latter does. A cleric is expected to have genuine respect for their god and the tenets of the faith. Yes brother, She is our true guide above and we should trust in Her great wisdom. Not so with a warlock.

Yeah, I kinda always pictured warlocks as almost mercenary like (but paid with in power). Devotion or shared idealism with the employer is a bonus, not the basis of the business arrangement.

SwordChuck
2015-12-30, 02:18 PM

https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf nope it gives you afraid of the dark and healing candy for all. They get their power from the good plane and not the sun though.

Yeah, no, the undying light Warlock wouldn't be worth it.

Fiend pact warlock, refluffed, works better.

The sun doesn't heal, it may allow things to grow, but it sure as hell doesn't healq. The sun is a good source of death, damage, cancer, thirst, and torture. The sun is unforgiving.

Pelor of the Burning Hate type stuff.

"Hurl through the Sun" would be a better ability for a high level Sun Warlock.

Socratov
2015-12-30, 03:36 PM
Wizards (largely) beat you to it with the Undying Light pact in Unearthed Arcana. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf. Even if it's not perfect, consider using it as a template.
Well, that was my Iron maiden refenrece, but apparently you rolled lo won your insight roll :smallamused::smalltongue:

And wile I like the idea I'm, like Swordchuck, not entirely sold on its mechanics.

As fine as canon seems to be, I;d like that homebrewing is the solid act of undermining canon to enrich, maybe for only a couple of people, but in the end enrich the game as wel play it. And no I don't consider clerics and warlocks the same.

Shield of Faith: Change the 20% miss chance to simply disadvantage for incoming ranged attacks, more straightforward and in line with the mechanics of this edition.
I was Thining of the Blur spell, but disadvantage sounds good.

Celestial Champion: Really dont like this one. It might be cool to have if you play a solo campaign, but it does not play well with others. So now, other people get to watch you fight the BBEG while their characters are under a time stop spell and doing nothing. Not only they are bored, but this ability goes against any and every form of teamwork.
yeah, I wanted to mimic the Fiend's lvl 14 ability here (because sending someone to hell for 1 round is fun?). Also, if you want to challenge an encounter solo that was designed for 4 people, then I wish you good luck since it's till death. So, that wouldn't exactly be a good move.

What would you have done in it's place? Summoned the hallway for the complete battle giving its (dis)advantages to everyone?That might be a bit strong

Other than that, I like it.

ps: I agree with the opinion that this warlock steps on the toes of clerics and paladins though. It's meant to, but then again, it's also the more expendable of the three, speaking form the god's perspective. Warlocks also step on the toes of sorcerers a bit as the blastey focused class. Fighter and Barbarians step on each other's toes as swordslingers. I think ti would make for great banter in a party. consider a paladin, a cleric and radiant warlock traveling together. The pally and cleric might feel themselves as the true doers of their faith and consider the warlock an impostor. The warlock on his turn thinks 'the ladies doth protest too much'.

Sometimes a good gods just gotta get stuff done that those uppity bread burners might scoff at, am I right?
And don't even get them started on those darn atheist paladins. Who do they think they are with their "oath" powers?

This. So much this. Man I need me some new dice, clearly mine are terrible when rolling persuasion... But seriously I would like a black ops agent for good with tools from his god, and not need to keep a scroll of atonement at the ready.

TripleD
2015-12-31, 04:29 AM
I like the idea behind this (warlock pact with unambiguously Good power). However, I've got to agree with others that cutting a deal with a good diety seems to step on a lot of Cleric and Paladin toes, not to mention seems at odds with the modus operandi of most good dieties. So the question is: what would work as a "good" patron?

Couatl: aside from a low challenge rating, these guys seem custom built for the part. Celestials who communicate through dreams and visions, have lifelong missions, and worship a god whose very name has been forgotten (thus cutting him off from any clerics or Paladins).
Atoning Angel: cast out of paradise, but not willing to commit to evil, the Atoning Angel seeks to redeem themselves. As per the monster manual, these Angels often live in disguise as simple peasants. But, for the purposes of this subclass, we can imagine that they also recruit a bit of mortal help for their plan.
Storm Giant: like Couatls, the fluff almost seems too perfect. Distant oracle kings who watch over the world from far above, rarely choosing to become directly involved? The pact practically writes itself.

I considered putting Gold Dragons on this list, but they feel a bit too "attached" to the material plane to really feel like patrons.

khadgar567
2015-12-31, 04:31 AM
socratov I have a intresting question about both this pact and good old theurge prcs since you give warlock( arcane caster smite( divine spell ) can they qualify the respective theurge class

eastmabl
2015-12-31, 11:02 AM
File not found.

Thank you to the people who posted the link again. My original link in the thread was fine, but for some reason, this link was clipped.

Goober4473
2015-12-31, 11:17 AM
I put together an archon pact a little bit ago (you can find it here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_TsPNNq-HdiUWHxVREIcSaIEC5KHq7bYhqcmJH0g3_g)), and the basic idea is, a cleric worships a god, and the god rewards that devotion. A paladin swears an oath to uphold an ideal, and gains power from that ideal. In some campaign settings, that is also a god. A warlock is looking for loopholes and easy ways to gain magical power. They aren't necessarily devoted, certainly not to the point where the strength of their zeal grants them power. Instead, they might ask a celestial being for power in exchange for service.

The important distinctions are a) the warlock doesn't need to believe in or care about the celestial's agenda any more than a warlock that sells their soul for dark secrets cares about the agenda of a fiend patron, and b) the power is likely not coming directly from the god (and I'd even recommend making the pact be with a being like a solar or a tome archon rather than a god itself), but rather ancient secrets hidden in the libraries of the upper planes, celestial artifacts, or other boons granted by their patron. i.e. the warlock still uses arcane magic.

Here are some mechanical thoughts:

The pact of the chain option here is pretty weak, since you can't select one of the better options. Consider either adding an extra ability and/or attack, or select/create some minor celestials (like lantern archons) to choose from.

Blessing from above is pretty boring. It's just an extra spell. I'd replace this one. perhaps some kind of reroll on a saving throw or other single-use defensive option that can recharge on a short rest?

Divine judgement sort of pigeonholes the pact into melee combat.

Shield of faith is already the name of a spell, which might be confusing, and miss chances don't exist in this edition. Take a look at the blur spell. You also don't really need a penalty to stealth. You can just have it radiate light like a torch, since that will make it hard to hide as is.

Celestial Champion looks a lot more powerful than the other patron options, and feels way too complicated. I'd just have it conjure essentially an illusion that changes how the terrain looks, and doesn't pause anything. Requiring a saving throw to exit the area might work. Also, with all the other available "duel" effects available, it's not very unique. Perhaps just have some buff to you and your allies while in the area. That plus the difficulty for enemies to leave should be enough.

Socratov
2016-01-02, 06:02 AM
I like the idea behind this (warlock pact with unambiguously Good power). However, I've got to agree with others that cutting a deal with a good diety seems to step on a lot of Cleric and Paladin toes, not to mention seems at odds with the modus operandi of most good dieties. So the question is: what would work as a "good" patron?

Couatl: aside from a low challenge rating, these guys seem custom built for the part. Celestials who communicate through dreams and visions, have lifelong missions, and worship a god whose very name has been forgotten (thus cutting him off from any clerics or Paladins).
Atoning Angel: cast out of paradise, but not willing to commit to evil, the Atoning Angel seeks to redeem themselves. As per the monster manual, these Angels often live in disguise as simple peasants. But, for the purposes of this subclass, we can imagine that they also recruit a bit of mortal help for their plan.
Storm Giant: like Couatls, the fluff almost seems too perfect. Distant oracle kings who watch over the world from far above, rarely choosing to become directly involved? The pact practically writes itself.

I considered putting Gold Dragons on this list, but they feel a bit too "attached" to the material plane to really feel like patrons.
Great stuff! I have yet to take a good look at this, but it certainly looks promising...

socratov I have a intresting question about both this pact and good old theurge prcs since you give warlock( arcane caster smite( divine spell ) can they qualify the respective theurge class
Well, if you look closely, I did not give them the smite spell, but the divine smite classfeature 1/long rest. A classfeautre does not make divine casting...

I put together an archon pact a little bit ago (you can find it here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_TsPNNq-HdiUWHxVREIcSaIEC5KHq7bYhqcmJH0g3_g)), and the basic idea is, a cleric worships a god, and the god rewards that devotion. A paladin swears an oath to uphold an ideal, and gains power from that ideal. In some campaign settings, that is also a god. A warlock is looking for loopholes and easy ways to gain magical power. They aren't necessarily devoted, certainly not to the point where the strength of their zeal grants them power. Instead, they might ask a celestial being for power in exchange for service.

The important distinctions are a) the warlock doesn't need to believe in or care about the celestial's agenda any more than a warlock that sells their soul for dark secrets cares about the agenda of a fiend patron, and b) the power is likely not coming directly from the god (and I'd even recommend making the pact be with a being like a solar or a tome archon rather than a god itself), but rather ancient secrets hidden in the libraries of the upper planes, celestial artifacts, or other boons granted by their patron. i.e. the warlock still uses arcane magic.
also excellent suggestions. Basically I inted this pact to mirror the 3.5 Archivist, but form a more shady standpoint.

Here are some mechanical thoughts:

The pact of the chain option here is pretty weak, since you can't select one of the better options. Consider either adding an extra ability and/or attack, or select/create some minor celestials (like lantern archons) to choose from.
Good idea. Though I'd not like to make this too strong. I'm questioning wether allowing to fire cantrips through the familiar would be worth it or too strong...

Blessing from above is pretty boring. It's just an extra spell. I'd replace this one. perhaps some kind of reroll on a saving throw or other single-use defensive option that can recharge on a short rest?
I think it's fine as is, I've mirrored the other pacts with hits for a bit, and a reroll is too much lik elucky as the feat, or the ability of the halfling... Plus, a warlock can never have enough spells to choose from

Divine judgement sort of pigeonholes the pact into melee combat.
Good catch, I might add an effect for ranged eldritch blasts as well...

Shield of faith is already the name of a spell, which might be confusing, and miss chances don't exist in this edition. Take a look at the blur spell. You also don't really need a penalty to stealth. You can just have it radiate light like a torch, since that will make it hard to hide as is.
I feel it should do more then a torch as it is a lvl 6 spell. And yes I'm going to turn the miss chance into disadvantage

Celestial Champion looks a lot more powerful than the other patron options, and feels way too complicated. I'd just have it conjure essentially an illusion that changes how the terrain looks, and doesn't pause anything. Requiring a saving throw to exit the area might work. Also, with all the other available "duel" effects available, it's not very unique. Perhaps just have some buff to you and your allies while in the area. That plus the difficulty for enemies to leave should be enough.
Good point I will ponder this...