PDA

View Full Version : Wild Soul Cheese

LordOfCain
2015-12-30, 09:28 AM
At 2nd level, you gain immunity to magic and nonmagical sleep effects
That is an effect of the Wild Soul PrC. It seems like it just grants immunity to sleep effects. Now look at it.

At 2nd level, you gain immunity to magic
Do wild souls gain total immunity to magic?:smalleek:

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-30, 09:30 AM
No-- they gain immunity to magical sleep effects and nonmagical sleep effects.

LordOfCain
2015-12-30, 09:31 AM
No-- they gain immunity to magical sleep effects and nonmagical sleep effects.

Wouldn't it say magical and non-magical sleep effects then?

JBPuffin
2015-12-30, 09:39 AM
It's a typo, surely, but...by RAW, I think that'd mean you can't receive healing from a cleric, as they use divine magic. Methinks it's not worth it in the long run to push for such a ruling, especially since your DM might give everything 2 levels of Wild Soul for that very reason...

Uncle Pine
2015-12-30, 09:44 AM
Wouldn't it say magical and non-magical sleep effects then?
No it wouldn't.

Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.

Telonius
2015-12-30, 09:47 AM
Only if Barbarians automatically gain the ability to write all languages they can speak without spending two skill points (and before they actually know how to read).

"A barbarian may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak"

A barbarian may:
- spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read
- write all languages he is able to speak

LordOfCain
2015-12-30, 03:00 PM
Only if Barbarians automatically gain the ability to write all languages they can speak without spending two skill points (and before they actually know how to read).

"A barbarian may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak"

A barbarian may:
- spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read
- write all languages he is able to speak
Hmm? I was just pointing out that it says that level two Wild Souls gain immunity yo magic and nonmagical sleep effects. You do not have to split it up in order yo see that.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-30, 03:14 PM
Hmm? I was just pointing out that it says that level two Wild Souls gain immunity yo magic and nonmagical sleep effects. You do not have to split it up in order yo see that.
We know. We're saying that that's a deliberately obtuse and incorrect reading that
a) clearly violates RAI
b) yields absurd results
c) is unlikely to be accepted by any sane group

LordOfCain
2015-12-30, 03:22 PM
We know. We're saying that that's a deliberately obtuse and incorrect reading that
a) clearly violates RAI
b) yields absurd results
c) is unlikely to be accepted by any sane group
But it still can be read as such by RAW correct?

Uncle Pine
2015-12-30, 03:42 PM
But it still can be read as such by RAW correct?
No, because as I pointed out the wording is consistent with other (sane) RAW wordings.

LordOfCain
2015-12-30, 08:41 PM
I got the idea from http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12641.10;wap2