PDA

View Full Version : levels of membership

de-trick
2007-06-12, 08:32 PM
i know about the membership but i see on the FAQ that there are only like 5 difffernt levels of membership but i see other levels of membership on forums too.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-12, 08:34 PM
All your answers and more are here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

de-trick
2007-06-12, 08:40 PM
thanks alot wanted to see differnt levels of membership

EmeraldRose
2007-06-12, 08:40 PM
No problem. :smallbiggrin:

Rawhide
2007-06-12, 09:25 PM
There are no levels of membership. Not only is everyone is equal, but there is actually only one usergroup that everyone is a member of.

Just as there are no levels of membership, there are no ranks either. The title below your name is just a title for fun, not a rank or level of membership.

Charity
2007-06-14, 08:39 AM
Psst Slip me a fiver and I'll make you a god in the playground... thats what ^ did.

Oeryn
2007-06-14, 09:03 AM
...The title below your name is just a title for fun, not a rank or level of membership...

Maybe it's just me, but if we're not supposed to comment on the titles, or even explain them enough to where people don't feel like they have to make a new thread every few days asking "What does this mean?", that doesn't seem like it's worth it to have 'em. If they're not supposed to mean anything (and we're not supposed to talk about them, or read anything into them), why have 'em increase with post count? Why not just have a default "{blank} in the Playground", and let people fill it in with whatever they want?

Ego Slayer
2007-06-14, 10:09 AM
Because, I do believe, that would require a Mod of high power to manually change each accounts title.:smallconfused:

We need large, red text at the top of the page that has a link to the thread Roland made... which I still haven't figured out why it's not sticky'd.

PhoeKun
2007-06-14, 10:16 AM
Because, I do believe, that would require a Mod of high power to manually change each accounts title.:smallconfused:

Actually, custom user titles are a standard feature in vBulletin. Although, I'm not sure if this could be made compatible with the standard issue -in the playground suffix, so custom titles would probably have to give up that bit, which to me is reason enough to forgo them. I like our little sense of community (even though I seem to not be a part of it... :smalltongue: )

Thes Hunter
2007-06-14, 10:26 AM
There are no levels of membership. Not only is everyone is equal, but there is actually only one usergroup that everyone is a member of.

Just as there are no levels of membership, there are no ranks either. The title below your name is just a title for fun, not a rank or level of membership.

Don't believe him.

I am one of Trog's Fangirls, which is the highest level of membership one can get. :smallwink:

Don Beegles
2007-06-14, 10:36 AM
Ooh, ooh, can I be one of Trog's Fangirls too? I want to increase my membership level to OVER 9000!!!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-14, 11:23 AM
Ooh, ooh, can I be one of Trog's Fangirls too? I want to increase my membership level to OVER 9000!!!

Ooh, we're doing memes now?
Mother*$#&^ing Snakes!
Spartaaaaaa!
Numa numa!