PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Interesting Planetouched Compilation

inuyasha
2015-12-30, 04:31 PM
I myself have never been satisfied with how generic the existing planetouched have been, not all tieflings should be slinging darkness, nor should all of them have charisma penalties. Not every aasimar should be capable of creating daylight either. So because of this I picked up a book on the creation of custom planetouched, using these rules as guidelines I will be making a lot and posting them here, and I invite all of you to post your own planetouched here as well, regardless of the base race or their planar origins. I want to see what interesting things we can come up with as a group, as well as some critiquing for the ones that get posted here.

Racial stat blocks, adventure hooks, NPCs, and anything else relating to planetouched should be posted here. The preferred editions are 3.X and Pathfinder, but if you feel like posting for another edition feel free to do so!

My first one is the Meretrix, a planetouched descended from succubi and humans:
Meretrix
A beautiful woman approaches you, her eyes are a bright crimson and her skin without any flaws. She glares at you, and all resistance to her charm seems to melt away.
A descendant of human and succubus, the meretrix is a manipulative and foul being using only words to get what it wants. Those born of this planetouched bloodline usually have the following signs; red eyes, flawless skin, straight white teeth (a very rare sight in a medieval universe), fangs, and a scent like strange perfume.

Most Meretrix become sorcerers, channeling their innate magic and fiendish blood to even greater effect using their sheer force of personality and cunning.

Meretrix Racial Features:

+2 Intelligence, +4 Charisma, -2 Strength. Meretrix are beautiful and have strong personalities, but they also possess a slender frame not suited to the brutality of melee combat or physical labor
Medium Outsider (native)
Charm Person 1/day. This is cast as a sorcerer of the Meretrix’s level, and the DC is 11+ the Meretrix’s charisma modifier
Darkvision 60ft.
Resistance to fire and cold 5
+2 on bluff and diplomacy checks, Meretrix are suave and manipulative in their speech, able to get almost anything they want if they try hard enough
Level Adjustment: +1
Languages: Abyssal, Common; Bonus Languages: Infernal, Elven, Gnomish, Halfling, Orcish, Dwarven, Celestial, Draconic
Favored Class: Sorcerer

Table of Contents
Inuyasha

Meretrix
Chalvorix, an orcish tiefling descended from denizens of acheron (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20245062&postcount=5)
Crone-Wretch, a strong and brutal descendant of night hags and humans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20251248&postcount=8)
Gorlest, a descendant of goblins and barghest, these creatures are terrifyingly stealthy and possess the ability to rip the soul from a dying person's body (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20251248&postcount=8)

Edge

Edge's Race Revision Thread, which contains in depth reinterpretations of existing races, including all of the existing planetouched (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19030890&postcount=1)

Edge
2015-12-30, 04:42 PM
My racial revisions thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?406517-Edge-s-Excessive-Race-Revisions-Compendium) has revisions for the aasimar, chaond, fey'ri, genasi, tiefling and zenythri (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19030899&postcount=5), but they do make use of incarnum, and thus may not be for everyone.

inuyasha
2015-12-30, 04:48 PM
My racial revisions thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?406517-Edge-s-Excessive-Race-Revisions-Compendium) has revisions for the aasimar, chaond, fey'ri, genasi, tiefling and zenythri (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19030899&postcount=5), but they do make use of incarnum, and thus may not be for everyone.

Would you mind if I put that link into a table of contents for this thread?

Edge
2015-12-30, 05:23 PM
Go right ahead. :smallsmile: I'd suggest linking to the initial post of thread so that people get the disclaimer/design notes about power level, and then listing which planetouched races I've updated in parentheses.

inuyasha
2015-12-30, 05:27 PM
Go right ahead. :smallsmile: I'd suggest linking to the initial post of thread so that people get the disclaimer/design notes about power level, and then listing which planetouched races I've updated in parentheses.

Awesome! I'll make sure to do that.

Also, another race, the Chalvorix, a brutal yet cunning race descended from orcs and creatures from acheron

Chalvorix
A frightening figure leads an army over the hill, standing six feet tall and dressed from head to toe in wickedly spiked plate armor, he removed his helmet and shouts in a gutteral dialect of orcish, his face filled with fury noticeable even through the metallic and nigh emotionless glare of his face.
Chalvorix are a race of orcs descended from the creatures constantly waging their eternal war on acheron. Their skin is metallic and their voices seem hollow but harsh in the extreme. Anyone who encounters a chalvorix should consider themselves lucky to survive. One of the most terrifying aspects of the chalvorix is that they possess more intelligence than the common orc, and are capable of much more terrifying battle plans because of this.

Many Chalvorix are fighters but a startling amount become antipaladins. They don’t usually become barbarians because of their innate intelligence and superiority over normal orcs
Chalvorix Racial Features:

+6 Str +2 Dex -2 Wis -4 Cha
Medium Outsider (native)
Darkvision 60ft.
Shatter 1/day as per a sorcerer of the Chalvorix’s level, the DC is 12+ the Chalvorix’s charisma modifier
Resistance to fire and acid 5
+2 natural armor
Languages: Infernal and Orcish; Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Common, Undercommon, Elven, Dwarven, Draconic, Goblin, Giant
Level Adjustment: +3

redking
2015-12-30, 07:40 PM
Thanks, just what I have been looking for. There is also an article for half fiends in Dragon Magazine but I don't remember the issue number.

inuyasha
2015-12-30, 07:43 PM
I know of an article on the wizards website called "The Half Fiendish Variety", but I'm not sure about one in Dragon Magazine.
Is this (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) what you're thinking of?

inuyasha
2016-01-01, 09:40 PM
Happy new year everyone! To celebrate I have a few more planetouched for you guys, the crone-wretch, a brutish planetouched descended from humans and night hags, and the Gorlest, a goblin with barghest blood flowing in his veins

Crone-Wretch
Shockingly strong and cackling madly, the person who once seemed to be an old woman has now revealed herself as a terrible creature with dark skin and burning yellow eyes
Descended from humans and night hags, the crone-wretch is a terrible creature that is strong and resilient, it's flesh seeming old yet very tough like old leather. Most crone-wretches are female, though the ones that are male are often mistaken for especially ugly half orcs, and take offense at that.

The majority of crone-wretches become clerics to foul gods, though a lot of males take up the practice of the fighter, or some even the barbarian.
Racial Traits:

+2 Str +2 Con. Crone-wretches are tough and wiry in the extreme.
Medium Outsider (Native)
+3 natural armor. Crone-wretches have extremely thick skin.
Sleep 1/day as per a sorcerer of the crone-wretch's level, DC=11+the crone wretch's charisma modifier
Darkvision 60ft.
Crone-wretches can bite for 1d6+1/2 strength modifier. Their mouths are filled with row after row of black, needle-like teeth
+2 on diplomacy and intimidate checks. Crone-wretches are shrewd negotiators, and are extremely frightening when angered.
Resistance to fire 5
Languages: Common and Abyssal; Bonus Languages: Infernal, Undercommon, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Orcish, Sylvan, Gnoll
Level Adjustment: +3
Favored Class: Cleric (Fighter if male)

Gorlest
From the shadows comes an extremely thin goblin, one with long and angular features but with a strange amount of hair covering his body. He crouches over your fallen ally and begins to loudly exhale over the corpse's mouth, thin wisps of smoke exuding from his open lips
Cruel and evil, the gorlest is a product that results of the union between a goblin and a barghest a few generations later. They're faster and even more foul tempered than their cousins, almost all of them becoming rogues, and those who have the skill for it even become shadow dancers or assassins.
Racial Traits:
+4 Dex, -2 Str -4 Cha. Gorlests are even faster and more temperamental than their mundane cousins.
Small Outsider (Native)
+1 natural armor. While it isn't much, the shaggy fur that covers a gorlest can offer a limited degree of protection
Death Knell 1/day as per a sorcerer of the gorlest's level, the DC is 12+ the gorlest's charisma modifier
Darkvision 60ft.
Bite 1d4. Gorlest's have a wide toothy maw that can snap at foes for minor damage
Sharp nose. While they do not actually have the scent ability, a gorlest is allowed to take Scent as a feat with no prerequisites other than a feat slot.
Sneaky: +4 racial bonus on move silently checks. The gorlest does not inherit the goblin's bonus on ride checks.
Level Adjustment: +1
Languages: Goblin and Infernal; Bonus Languages: Orcish, Giant, Abyssal, Celestial, Elven, Dwarven, Worg, Halfling, Draconic