PDA

View Full Version : How to make a good Fiend/Celestial build without homebrew?

Belac93
2015-12-30, 10:28 PM
Pretty much I am wondering how to make a Libran (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?430062-The-Libran) without homebrew. (Slashes are either/or).
My thoughts are either a Tiefling paladin/life cleric/life favored soul sorcerer, or a Aasimar light cleric/light favored soul sorcerer/fiendlock (Light focused on fire).
What would work the best? I'm leaning toward either the Tiefling favored soul or Aasimar warlock.

Kevingway
2015-12-30, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't do favored soul simply because it isn't heavily playtested and pretty much constitutes "official homebrew." That being said, tiefling paladin is amazing.

Imagine a "devil tiefling" if you will. Devils are lawful by nature. Most of your oaths are lawful. In your character's pursuit of goodly nature or whatever, you'd be dealing with crossings in his dual being where the lawful side overrides the choice and makes him seem more like the thing he was spawned from than what he's trying to emulate (the good of a paladin blah).

In other words, your Libran example of caring more for "right and wrong" is about as accurate to a tiefling paladin as can possibly be, assuming you take the right oath. I'd recommend the one in Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, as that deals with law more heavily than your cookie-cutter core oaths.