PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Custom Warforged Components

Chilxius
2015-12-30, 10:38 PM
I have a warforged fighter in my party. I want to include material specifically for warforged, but the component section in the Eberron book was pretty short. I've been working on coming up with fun components, and have put a group of war forged in my campaign that trade components around so that he can try different ones.
Deep Pockets(belt): A couple of small bags of holding with H'sHHaversack item-on-top power.
Personal Hologram Generator(torso): Hat of disguise.
Shield Generator(back): False Life 5/day.
Handy Storage Compartment(torso): Big bag of holding in the chest, maybe with a few Robe of Useful Items kind of items.
Emergency Wheels(feet): Swift Expeditious Retreat(SC 85) 5/day, only usable on smooth ground.
Hooves(feet): +10' movement speed, can use slam attack with feet.
Piscine Belt(belt): Turns lower body into merfolk tail, 30' swim, +8 swim checks even when threatened.
Jetpack(back): As Winged Boots, but cooler looking.
Flamethrower(bracers): Burning Hands 3/day, CL5.
Rocketfist(hands): As Blood Wind(SC 33) 5/day, own hands only. (Pretty sure this spell applies to Warforged slam attacks, and I think it would still apply if they wear a Battlefist)
Electrodes(bracers): As Lesser Orb of Electricity 5/day, CL3. Can also be used for Arc Welding (Mending on metal objects.)
Laser Cannon Type I(torso): As Orb of Force 1/day, CL10. 1 round casting time. (I might add another bonus because of the long casting time. I just love the idea of charging power in the chest before firing the megalaser.)
Dragon Mask(face): As Dragon Breath (SC 73) 1/day, CL8. Comes in different varieties.
Wolf Mask(face): As Bite of the Wolf (EPH 80), continuous.
Dire Wolf Mask(face): As Wolf Mask, but CL5.
I know a lot of these don't follow the Body Slot Affinities chart (DMG 288), but they make sense where they go on the body.
These are just items in the 20000g and under range. Any suggestions?

CrazyNoob
2015-12-30, 11:45 PM
Mechanical spider leg attachment to the back, as cloak of arachnida.
Eldrich blast cannon, takes up hand and bracer slot for one arm or necklace of fireball(I to VII) possible recharge mechanism..
-Rust barrel attachment, as gauntlets of rust.
Leg Spring Module - As boots of striding and springing
Range/Target Finding eye - Bracer of Archery Greater+Eagle Eye/Goggle of minute seeing.
Smoking pouldron- as eversmoking bottle.. interesting way to get cover/obscure vision in-fight or as an escape plan.

Chilxius
2015-12-31, 07:08 PM
Oh, I like that spider leg idea. Kind of like Invader Zim.
http://t04.deviantart.net/IfXhSv5TvGcBmKpBSKP1mhaRv0Q=/300x200/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre05/bc91/th/pre/i/2011/156/5/3/zim__s_spider_legs_by_kittyangel54-d3i3del.png

Cerefel
2016-01-01, 02:12 AM
There's actually a pretty similar item in Drow of the Underdark. Apparatus of the Spider IIRC.

MisterKaws
2016-01-01, 05:24 AM
Throw Anything can already be used to throw weapons by RAW, it can even be used to throw monks by RAW...

All of your other stuff can be replicated by wand sheaths, just refluff them, and the wands themselves too, as per CArc's alternate magic items. In case you want uses/day, just look at DMG's table for changing costs.