PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific Dance on SYTYCD, need help!

Starwulf
2015-12-31, 01:05 AM
Trying to find this one specific dance from one of the earlier seasons of So You Think You Can Dance. Pretty sure it was from either seasons 2, 3, or 4. I THOUGHT It had Dominic from Season 3 in it, but I looked up all his dances and none of them were what I was looking for.

It was a puppetter or marionette type thing, the guy had the girl on strings(I don't think literally, but maybe?). The girl was wearing this over-the-top fluffy and frilly blue/white dress. Was talking to my wife about how I wished I had gotten to see the whole thing(I had fallen asleep and she didn't realize it until it was over and it was before we had DVR). If anyone knows what dance I'm talking about, please post and let me know! Thanks :)

Zoey
2016-01-02, 09:13 PM
I think it may have been Dmitry instead of Dominic... If I'm right, you'll find it as his contemporary routine to Dance Dance with Ashlee, correographed by Brian Friedman in season 2 episode 12. :)

Starwulf
2016-01-03, 11:48 PM
I appreciate the response! I'm not sure if that's it though, me and my wife really think that there were actual strings connected to the female that the male partner could use to lead her. I also remember the dress having more blue on it, as well as being more poofier? Sorry I know nothing about dresses, if I could describe the dress better I could probably find the dance. It was blue and white, fairly poofy(but not absurdly so), didn't go all the way down, stopped about mid-thigh?

Their costumes and vibe kinda gave off a Victorian Era...goth feel kind of? Less Goth and more Victorian Era. I hope whoever ends up reading this doesn't get to confused by my shoddy descriptions.