PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Biff

Gizzard
2015-12-31, 04:59 AM
Evening Folks!

I am interested in playing an unarmed Unchained monk and was just wanting some tips on builds, such as feats etc.
I know that monks now get 1.5x str with monk weapons but kind of like the idea of going unarmed. I have gone with a Kasatha because of the 4 armed action and the bonus to Dex and Wis. Will have a lot of Str on him too for the hit and damage. I've been made aware that you can't have extra attacks with the 4 arms.. just the Goro visual seem fun!

Have taken Dodge as the bonus and not sure on what I should take for his 1st level feat.
Weapon finesse (unarmed)?
Alert?
Was advised to take power attack even with unarmed.. thoughts??

Any hints and tips would be much appreciated

Thanks for the input

Elxir_Breauer
2015-12-31, 05:51 AM
Depends entirely on Stat allocation, definitely want high Wis and Con, but whether you go Str or Dex for tertiary is up to you, there is a feat (iirc) to use Dex to Damage with certain weapons, which would include Unarmed Strikes, there may also be a Power Attack type feat for dex-based characters that covers the prerequisite aspect.

Gizzard
2015-12-31, 07:40 AM
Depends entirely on Stat allocation, definitely want high Wis and Con, but whether you go Str or Dex for tertiary is up to you, there is a feat (iirc) to use Dex to Damage with certain weapons, which would include Unarmed Strikes, there may also be a Power Attack type feat for dex-based characters that covers the prerequisite aspect.

Thanks Mate,

We have not kicked off yet but I have got stats as follows:
Str: 18
Dex: 16 (inclusive of +2 racial bonus)
Con: 12
Int: 11
Wis: 19 (inclusive of +2 bonus)
Cha:7

What you reckon?

Hiro Quester
2015-12-31, 09:24 AM
You need hit points. A high con is essential (also for fort saves). I'd pick either strength or dex as your main fighting stat, and pump constitution. Monks only get d6 for hit points. You need all the help you can get there.

Drezius
2015-12-31, 09:32 AM
You need hit points. A high con is essential (also for fort saves). I'd pick either strength or dex as your main fighting stat, and pump constitution. Monks only get d6 for hit points. You need all the help you can get there.

Unchained monk get d10 for hit points.

Gizzard
2015-12-31, 04:55 PM
Unchained monk get d10 for hit points.

Yeah d10 is what I thought.

Is Power Attack the business for an Unarmed Unchained monk?
Was thinking of going for Snake Style chain of feats when I can get a hold of them too.

Any feats that would be worthwhile on the way there to have a bit of damage output and also mobility on battle ground?

Abundant step seems good and could do away with the Dimensional Dervish chain of feats from my limited reading. Does this seem right?