PDA

View Full Version : Pirates III sign up!!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-12, 09:35 PM
Hello, and welcome to the 3rd installment of the original Werewolf rip-off known as Pirates! This time the theme will be Silly Message Board Games and the roles will be based on some of the famous posters of the past and present.

We can't post roles yet because we need permission from people to use them as roles, but its just a matter of time. We also promise new twists...or well...mostly new twists. Some twists may not be new, but they'll still be twists and we also promise an interesting death for anyone who may meet a cruel fate in this game.

Come one, come all, if ye be brave enough to venture back into the treacherous waters of Pirates!

Sign-up list

akaziel
almighty salmon
Artemis 97
B-man
bassetking
Bookboy
Calamity
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
DolieMaster
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Faerwain
fleeing coward
Funky Odor
helgraf
hyramgraff
Ink (for a prize)
Inky 13112
janusnori
Jontom Xire
Khaldan
Kyrian
Lord Magtok
Lord Fullbladder
Malmagor
Pingcode
shadow
Serlahc
Smellie Hippie
Raldor
Supagoof
The Almighty One
Timberwolf
vonriel
vicarin
whitehelm
Zar Peter
Zeb the troll

Madmal
2007-06-12, 10:01 PM
Well i'm in.

I sure El J and Blackfox were contacted to be the feud...:smallwink:

edit: woot! first again!, damm there's no prize this time...

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-12, 10:02 PM
Count me in

Indurain
2007-06-12, 10:22 PM
Sign me u....oh wait. Man, this game sounds like so much fun! If only I weren't a narrator. Oh well, I guess everyone will have to sign up so I can live vicariously through them.

evnafets
2007-06-12, 10:39 PM
Ship ahoy! Run up the jolly roger! All aboard for Pirates!

Yeah, I'll be in again.

Bassetking
2007-06-12, 11:49 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in this to win this.

*Clears throat*

YARR, Me Hearties! The Bloody Basset once again be takin' 'ta the waters, and makin' doubly certain e'ry last buckle is swashed!

Helgraf
2007-06-13, 12:52 AM
Arrr! Sign me up matey!

janusnori
2007-06-13, 01:14 AM
Sure, I'm in!

Vonriel
2007-06-13, 01:24 AM
Sweet, it's about time this came up again. :smallwink: I'm in.

pingcode20
2007-06-13, 03:37 AM
I, Brave Sir Pingcode, will come forth to be bravely killed in various nasty ways!

Shadow
2007-06-13, 04:20 AM
*invites Pingcode over to Stabbity Death to personally grant his wish*

Oh, yeah.
Count me in!

*crosses fingers hoping for a boring role because I'm just too damned busy to pay all that much attention*

Almighty Salmon
2007-06-13, 04:33 AM
Huzzah! Sign me up!

Akaziel
2007-06-13, 04:34 AM
I'm in again. I'll try not to miss the first day this time...

Ink
2007-06-13, 04:53 AM
I'll sign up if there is a prize.

Zar Peter
2007-06-13, 05:12 AM
Night sky on sea is great!

I'm in please!

The Valiant Turtle
2007-06-13, 05:49 AM
Here's hoping that this will be the most twisted WW variant yet!

I'm in!

B-Man
2007-06-13, 06:05 AM
Yar! I won't be ducking out of this round! I swear!

Consider me signed up!

Supagoof
2007-06-13, 09:24 AM
As certain as I be looking almost, but definitely not, as sexy as Indy on his birthday, I be signing up for this game.

Castaras
2007-06-13, 09:41 AM
Announcement! Castaras has signed up for Pirates!

This announcement was courtesy of Too Much Spare Time and Co.

HyramGraff
2007-06-13, 10:02 AM
Arr! HyramGraff be here to sign up fer this game.

Calamity
2007-06-13, 10:35 AM
It's a sign-up from me.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-13, 10:36 AM
Im in. I dont know what for but pirates were mentioned so Im in.

Kyrian
2007-06-13, 10:06 PM
I guess I'm in.

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-13, 10:09 PM
Yo Ho, Haul together, Hoist the colours high, Heave Ho, thieves and Beggers, Never shall we Die!

IN!

doliemaster
2007-06-13, 10:18 PM
I AM SO IN, ya scurvy dogs.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-14, 01:01 AM
I'm in.

Funkyodor
2007-06-14, 01:52 AM
I'd like in as well. Time to brush up on my plank walking banter. "Uh, is this plank taken?", "What's a fine, gap toothed, hairy chested babe like yourself doing in this neck of the woods?", "Ouch, that really hurt! Who sticks people with their sword now-a-days! Really!"... Yeah gotta write that one down.

Timberwolf
2007-06-14, 05:59 PM
AVAST !!!!

Sign me up !!

Vhaidara
2007-06-14, 06:12 PM
I'll sign up if there is a prize.

What he said.

Alarra
2007-06-14, 06:26 PM
I knew we shouldn't have given bobbleheads last time....now they're getting demanding.

Selrahc
2007-06-14, 06:28 PM
*Signs up*

So I haven't been around as much recently, but exams are wrapping up so I'll be able to play in this game.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-06-14, 07:50 PM
I knew we shouldn't have given bobbleheads last time....now they're getting demanding.

Having another turtle on the board (even if it's only temporary) is enough for me. :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-06-14, 11:10 PM
So are we going to get to see the new rules yet or what? I might just have to start a lynch mob so I can get a new llama-fur coat, if you get what I'm sayin. :smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-14, 11:34 PM

Its okay. I've got it covered. LLama hugs for all members of the winning team.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-15, 02:21 AM
Hey....guess what? Pm's have been sent while the Narrators attempt to gather permission for roles, but the BBC has broken the story that 2 roles have been confirmed.. CNN has seconded the news and here is what they are reporting.

(The Seer)=Alarra- Alarra's puppy dog eyes and overall kindness can convince just about anyone to give up their role and the rumors of her networks can further help her sniff out the truth.
Each night Alarra may investigate someone and discern their role.

(The Baner)= Indurain-This naked emperor has fought in the halls of Valhalla and has spoken at the beginning of many an arena battle. His fighting skills are unmatched.
Each night he vows to protect someone from harm and watches over them. If anyone attacks that person, Indurain will protect them and send the villian home aching.

EDIT: Fox News has just intercepted an email from puddinggoddess@******.com sent to maskedfuzzbucket@******.com and 26chaking@*****.edu that claims that

(The Fool)=Atreyu the Masked llama- Atreyu often tries to use logic to find the wolves and often the theories he comes up with are dead wrong despite their feasibilty. His history of bad guesses and inaccurate logic is quite long, but still he tries
Each night, Atreyu will piece together the clues and come up with an explanation that he is sure is correct. Sadly, Atreyu often yearns of being a Moderator and having a neat custom title and all the other perks of Modhood and sometimes imagines that he is Alarra. (There was no way to write that sentence and not make it sound ......awkward.)

Supagoof
2007-06-15, 08:47 AM
*snip*
Each night, Atreyu will piece together the clues and come up with an explanation that he is sure is correct. Sadly, Atreyu often yearns of being *snip* and sometimes imagines that he is Alarra. *snip*

I edited it for ya. Sounds much better this way. :smallamused:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-15, 09:18 AM
Thanks, Goof. That was ....nice of you.

For the record, we are still taking sign-ups. The PM's I mentioned earlier are for the permission to use posters as roles. Please keep signing up. We have lots of neat SMBG death scenes as stuff and we can't use them all unless we have lots of people.

Supagoof
2007-06-15, 11:25 AM
You're welcome. :smallbiggrin:

I'm interested in seeing the about how the fool is confused with the seer, I mean how is that PM going to go.

You wake up and look in the mirror, you're either a fashionable quadraped or a beautiful lady, but you can't really tell. Going to your closet, you find lots and lots (and lots) of clothes. So you put on your classiest outfit and head out into town....

smellie_hippie
2007-06-15, 01:53 PM
I bowed out of the last Pirates game, and heard way to many fun stories about it. Put me down for this one please. :smallamused:

inky13112
2007-06-16, 12:59 PM
Bleh, I'm sick of pirates after a week of being at a "Pirate theme week" camp, but there's no way I could not sign up for this one. IN!!

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 01:11 PM
I'm in. Extra text.

faerwain
2007-06-16, 05:22 PM
Curse you, Llama! I wanted to wrap up all my forum stuff now and head out a little, with maybe occasionally peaking into Ye Olde West 2...but this sounds absolutely too amusing.

So, signing in..there goes my resolution of reducing online time...

Vicarin
2007-06-17, 02:27 AM
I would like to sign up.

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 02:43 AM
My best prize is getting to play another round of Pirates. I need no reward.

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-17, 06:38 AM
Tempting...

...But I'll play it safe and stay out of this one.

Good luck to those that are participating!

whitehelm
2007-06-17, 10:16 AM
I'd like to play.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 12:33 PM
You're welcome. :smallbiggrin:

I'm interested in seeing the about how the fool is confused with the seer, I mean how is that PM going to go.

You wake up and look in the mirror, you're either a fashionable quadraped or a beautiful lady, but you can't really tell. Going to your closet, you find lots and lots (and lots) of clothes. So you put on your classiest outfit and head out into town....

Simple innit? Polymorph spell. :smallbiggrin:

"You wake up, tired after your hours spent on the Giantitp forums, moderating, and chatting. Another day dawns bright, and the crowds outside await the beautiful Alarra's return to the playground."

Bassetking
2007-06-17, 05:49 PM
Tempting...

...But I'll play it safe and stay out of this one.

Good luck to those that are participating!

*Waggles prizes from Wild West* Sure you're not playing, DLD? Not even for a chance to win back this Portrait of your beloved 4th Degree?:smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-18, 12:05 AM
Count me in, please.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-18, 03:11 AM
Well I died in WWCIV so it looks like I'll have time to play this after all.

:)

Aaarrr, me hearties! Let's splice the mainbrace and hang someone from the yard arm!

Umm if we actually know what all that means (I do) then do we get priority to play a pirate? :)

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-18, 06:29 AM
*Waggles prizes from Wild West* Sure you're not playing, DLD? Not even for a chance to win back this Portrait of your beloved 4th Degree?:smallbiggrin: ...

Normally yes, but I've been extremely busy with homework, and also had mum being a bat about it for not getting it done.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-18, 07:48 PM
CNN Report:

In a shocking twist, the roles of the feuders will not be played by El Jaspero and BlackFox as previously expected, but will be Zombie Rock Star and Korith. The rumors are flying as to why it won't be El J and Black Fox, since their feud was legendary back in the day. Was BlackFox not around to give her permission? No one is quite sure why the trio of narrators picked ZRS and Korith, but they have good reason too. The War is this years The Feud complete with recruitment and one-ups-manship from both sides. The two people assigned to these roles will have to battle hard to from the intensity of the real War to this game.

(The Feuders) = Zombie Rock star and Korith - These two hate each other. They will not be happy unless the other is dead. The goal of each of these characters is to see the other one dead by any means neccessary. They can only win if the other is killed, but once the other feuder is dead, all the living feuder has to do to win is survive until the end of the game, regardless of which team wins.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-19, 10:53 PM
The following roles have been approved and will be used in Pirates III.

The Legion of Fran will represent the Masons. Older membes of the SMBG's may remember the Legion from its prime back in March-July of 2006. Its distinguished members include its current leader Ceika, the amazing Supagoof, the violent Kyrian, the man with the talking toad called Reijas, and many more. The Legion used to battle the forces of Narf, but for this game they will attempt to protect the boat from the evil pirates and the dread AMENites.

The AMENites are vile ruthless evil people who started out as a small blight on SMBG's but grew in power and number. They are representing the role of "The Cult" The cult was first introduced in Mafia II and starts as a single person, but each night the cult recruits a new member.

inky13112
2007-06-19, 11:17 PM
Oh my god the cult!
AWESOME! I'm signing up again. SO now I'm super signed up.

Wow I can't wait! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Artemis97
2007-06-19, 11:18 PM
I'd like to give one of these games a try, sign me up :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 11:36 PM
Good news is tha we are going to start soon. We are just waiting on ALarra's okay to go.

Better news is that El Jaspero will be the name of the Alpha Pirate and Smellie Hippie will be the devil!

Some one will get to play the wicked one eyed Pirate King as he attempts to plunder the poor SMBG'ers. Also, Indy has been working on exciting stuff.

Sign-ups are closing soon.

Madmal
2007-06-21, 11:53 PM
smellie hippie is the devil? hmmm, a somewhat odd casting...

smellie_hippie
2007-06-22, 06:22 AM
smellie hippie is the devil? hmmm, a somewhat odd casting...

QFT. Oh... no wait. Nope, that's pretty accurate. :smallamused:

Supagoof
2007-06-22, 09:10 AM
Yes, y'see unlike El Jaspero's tragic accident with a belay pin (I think it was a belay pin, might have been something else Ceika stabbed him with. anyway...), Smellie Hippie has both eyes. He just keeps the second one under the eyepatch to allow him to see at night.

The legion shall endure forever!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/supagoof/legionbadge.gif

smellie_hippie
2007-06-22, 09:13 AM
I dunno... Ceika came pretty close to taking out my eye with a Belaying Pin at my house last week. :smallamused: Just kidding... it was a Kuub stick. :smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-06-22, 01:37 PM
There should be a Shadow role, who automatically wins if he/she somehow manages to survive the freaking game.... :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-06-22, 01:50 PM
Heh. :smalltongue:

And OOoo! The AMEN cult! :smallbiggrin:

*Checks she has signed up. Realises she has, and sighs with relief.*

This looks to be a fricking awesome game.

Maybe we could have a specific SMBG ww game...Hmm...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-22, 09:38 PM
We have confirmed that the pair of lovers will be named after Trog and Thes Hunter!!! As anyone who's seen them around can tell you.....they are quite the love stricken pair.

Also, Indurain has one last reveal for everyone, but he'll discuss that at a later time.

We will be starting on Monday night, if everything goes according to plan. The three of us need to finalize the storyboard a bit.

Castaras, we may be open to more SMBG based ideas in the future. The more I think about a llamatar game, the more I like it. If every llamatar has a power...then everyone gets some sort of role. Although they wouldn't all be good. Hmmmm....it has potential. Maybe after Empire, we'll see.

Supagoof
2007-06-25, 10:10 AM
A Llama WW game? Awesome. Though everyone can be a llama, the WW side would definitely have to be ducks.

Go here (http://the-llama-song.freeonlinegames.com/) to see what I mean if you don't already know.

Castaras
2007-06-25, 10:18 AM
Castaras, we may be open to more SMBG based ideas in the future. The more I think about a llamatar game, the more I like it. If every llamatar has a power...then everyone gets some sort of role. Although they wouldn't all be good. Hmmmm....it has potential. Maybe after Empire, we'll see.

Llamatar game would be awesome!

And it would definitely be ducks as the wolves. With the rubber ducky ruling over them all! :smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-25, 10:28 AM
Between you two and Ceika, I think the llamatar W.W. game would get a following. Now I just need 100 different role ideas to assign to each llamatar.

Anyone got any good ones?

P.S. Roles will be sent out tonight after 5PM EST, unless Indy or Alarra come to my rescue *whimper*

Castaras
2007-06-25, 10:30 AM
Between you two and Ceika, I think the llamatar W.W. game would get a following. Now I just need 100 different role ideas to assign to each llamatar.

Anyone got any good ones?

Hmm...

Ninja Llama could be a day baner, sweeping in at the last moment to free a llama from the noose...

Other ideas might come.

Supagoof
2007-06-25, 10:47 AM
Patriotic Llama's (Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc...) could be the Masons...

I think Wooly Llama would be a better baner, as he could protect you from the ducks by hiding you with a big furry hug.

Ninja llama would be good for seer though, as he could sneak around and spy really well.

edit: Ah, Ninja for Day Baner - that works well then. Okay, for seer then Angel Llama to fly above the town at night and see whose lurking about.

Alpha Duck - Dread Pirate Llama
Devil Duck - Draco Llama. :smalltongue:
Ducks - Cthulu Llama, Zombie Llama, Death Llama

Just some thoughts....:smallbiggrin:

Madmal
2007-06-25, 10:55 AM
of course, we should keep the avies hidden until the lynching, otherwise, i could be easy to know the role by seeing the avatar...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-25, 11:01 AM
actually, what I think I'll do is keep the roles hidden.

Then people can PM me which llamatar they want to be.

It would lead for a very unique game. Three baners or maybe no baners!

Castaras
2007-06-25, 11:05 AM
actually, what I think I'll do is keep the roles hidden.

Then people can PM me which llamatar they want to be.

It would lead for a very unique game. Three baners or maybe no baners!

Sweet. That would rock. If you do do that, then I'll definitely be in!

Madmal
2007-06-25, 11:16 AM
I could be in, but i'll need a list of all the llamas first...

i can only remember up to 10...

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-25, 11:20 AM
I'd be in for any game that lets 30+ people use a llamatar to really screw with the other forums during the game. :smalltongue:

Well, that and any game with the potential for everyone to have a role intrigues me too.

I mean, yarr, here there be pirates! :smallcool:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-25, 11:32 AM
don't worry, Mal. I'd open up the gates to the stable to let everyone see the llamatar they wanted. One requirement would be that the llamatar you picked by in your sig line or avatar spot while you were still alive in the game.

This would probably exclude the "disturbing" llamatar, but I don't think anyone would pick that one anyway.

and shouldn't we move this to Werewolf Central?

Indurain
2007-06-25, 01:54 PM
This would probably exclude the "disturbing" llamatar, but I don't think anyone would pick that one anyway.

You don't think so do you? *evil grin*

Supagoof
2007-06-25, 02:16 PM
You don't think so do you? *evil grin*

LOL. Long live the king.

Khaldan
2007-06-25, 04:03 PM
anyone know if this is still open to get in? if it is, id like to be in it..

Indurain
2007-06-25, 04:52 PM

Stay Tuned!!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-06-25, 05:00 PM
Wait, two more hours? Is that enough time for Fullbladder to sign up? I certaintly hope so.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-25, 07:13 PM
I will not be able to send out roles or write up a plot tonight. Indurain, I called and left a message explaining what happened.

I apologize but something has come up and I am gonna watch a special TV show. We'll get this started tomorrow night.

EDIT: Oh and I'll get you two added.

Indurain
2007-06-25, 07:46 PM
A breaking report from CityTV News...EVERYWHERE!!

A report has just been issued giving further details into the changes and additions to the latest incarnation of the hit game - Pirates.
Pirates III-tentatively titled The Hunt for the AMENites will now feature...shopping.

Each participant in the game will recieve 5 gold pieces at the start of the game which they will have the chance to use at various points throughout the games.

Rumour has it that the participants will be able to shop at one of three different locations each shopping day: Trog's Tavern - speciallizing in Protection and Miscellaneous items. Alarra's Gems - Granting extra insight to the passengers. And City Hall - Where the things you buy could just alter a vote drastically.

Some even say that some lucky shoppers may find old treasure from the Wild West.

Our sources say that at each shop the passengers will be able to spend 1,2, or 3 gp, and the more they spend, the more likely they are to find a useful item.

That is all we have now, but we will keep you up to date on any further developments.

I'm Mark Daly.

((I'm also watching said special TV program, so look for more Pirates info coming soon.))

Shadow
2007-06-26, 01:46 AM
I'd like to buy a vowel.
How much does that cost?

doliemaster
2007-06-26, 02:34 AM
I would like to buy the Enterprise, I win:smallbiggrin: !

smellie_hippie
2007-06-26, 07:19 AM
I'll be buying a mushroom please. That's a 1-up mushroom people... :smallannoyed:

pingcode20
2007-06-26, 07:30 AM
I'd like to buy something witty to buy, please.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-26, 07:35 AM
I'll buy an invisibility potion please, can't kill me if they can't see me.

Supagoof
2007-06-26, 09:23 AM
I'd like to buy the coins to the Wild Wild West game please.

You could, but you can't use them.

Why not?

Cause you're narrating the wild wild west.

I'm narrating Ye Olde West.

Is it wild?

Yeah.
Is it....wild wild?

Well let's just say that Ye Olde West II, the Gold Rush, is certainly going to rely on who has the gold, and who doesn't! :smallwink:

Maybe that's why the reporter called it the Wild Wild West.

Y'know what, I kinda like that name.

Vonriel
2007-06-26, 01:37 PM
Ok, now I'm really curious as to what you two were watching that was addicting enough to take you away from your jobs as narrators to us poor addicts!

Bassetking
2007-06-26, 02:47 PM
Ouran Highschool Host Club

Llama loves himself some crossdressing, highschool, shoujo Romantic Dramedy.

Indurain
2007-06-26, 03:15 PM
Ok, now I'm really curious as to what you two were watching that was addicting enough to take you away from your jobs as narrators to us poor addicts!

Llama and I are both closet wrestling fans. Tragically yesterday, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, Chris Benoit was found dead in his home. Last night's RAW was a 3 hour tribute show to him. That's what we were watching.

RIP Crippler.

On a more related note..."El Jaspero" has been sent their PM. While this isn't a total Alpha game, we allow "El J" to pick their "Smellie Hippie". Once we've received a reply, the rest of the roles will be doled out. Look for the game to start either later tonight, or tomorrow.

faerwain
2007-06-26, 03:52 PM
One requirement would be that the llamatar you picked by in your sig line or avatar spot while you were still alive in the game.

Ah, come on now, how silly:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-26, 05:00 PM
*waits patiently while, coincidentally, posting this from about three miles offshore. How cool is that?*

Indurain
2007-06-26, 10:28 PM
This just in...

PM's and Intro currently underway. Game to begin shortly.

That is all.

Indurain
2007-06-26, 11:11 PM
PM's are now being sent out.

Passenger PM's are not fancy this time around (owing to laziness on Indurain's part). All Passengers will simply recieve a PM stating "You are a passenger. Good luck."

Intro to follow shortly.

Indurain
2007-06-27, 12:27 AM
PM's have been sent out...if you did not recieve one, please PM Indurain, Alarra, and Atreyu the masked llama ASAP.

Have fun...and Good luck!