PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me optimize endless teeth!

Inevitability
2015-12-31, 10:53 AM
The vestige Acererak has the following sign:

A gem replaces one of your teeth. If removed, the gem reverts to a normal tooth, and a new gem appears in its place.

In other words, by rapid removal of gems, you can create an endless supply of teeth. Very nice, but is there anything you can do with that?

Note that you need to be a binder of at least 10th level (8th level with improved binding) for this, which limits your options somewhat.

Uncle Pine
2015-12-31, 11:42 AM
Note that many spells have a tooth listed as a material component, so you only need a spell component pouch to start the chain. This saves you 8 or 10 Binder levels.

You can use an endless supply of teeth to do all those crazy things tooth fairies do in books, films and fairytales, and then more. These vary from cute to grotesque. Necklaces? Check. Wondrous architectures? Check. Decorations for your weapons and armors? Check.
You can make your clothes out of teeth. Make a throne of teeth. Use teeth as sling ammunitions. Use bigger teeth as catapult ammunitions. Build life size models of your friends and allies with teeth. Build yourself a teeth cat to stroke while you sit on your throne of teeth.

Snowbluff
2015-12-31, 11:50 AM
Simulacrum can use your teeth as a sample.

Crake
2015-12-31, 11:54 AM
Could use fabricate on a high enough mass of teeth to meld them all together and make various bone-like objects, not sure what, that'd be up to your imagination.

Telonius
2015-12-31, 12:00 PM
Resurrection insurance. Stash a bunch of teeth around - maybe leave them with your party Cleric - in case of Disintegration.

Jump-start the denture industry.

the_david
2015-12-31, 12:14 PM
Resurrection insurance. Stash a bunch of teeth around - maybe leave them with your party Cleric - in case of Disintegration.

Doesn't work: "the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death."

yellowrocket
2015-12-31, 12:26 PM
Rule lawyer time!!!!!

A tooth is a part of a body.
My tooth is part of my body.
A removed tooth is still a tooth that belongs to me.

Therefore by presidence the tooth still counts.

not that it really works that way.

Side note, saw how to change color, but it all typed black, do I need to type between the closed open square perenthacies to change color?

Âmesang
2015-12-31, 02:57 PM
Cast animate objects on your teeth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGJHlhL9DE

DrMotives
2015-12-31, 05:42 PM
Everyone seems awfully certain that these teeth are your teeth. I don't see anything stating that in the vestige description, they are quite possibly just some teeth.

Der_DWSage
2015-12-31, 06:22 PM
Cast animate objects on your teeth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGJHlhL9DE

...Welp, gonna have nightmares tonight. Thanks so much.

Heliomance
2015-12-31, 06:57 PM
"This is my tooth. I took it in single combat from a man who was trying to kill me. It lives in a pouch. I will remove it from its pouch as it alerts to have turned into a gem."

Pretty sure that meets the requirements and would let you get the infinite teeth without surgery.