PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Fire Emblem Style Character

DracoKnight
2015-12-31, 02:11 PM
How would you build a Pegasus Knight from the Fire Emblem series, using RAW? Been puzzling over this the last couple of days, as I play Awakening.

AeonsShadow
2015-12-31, 02:42 PM
I think a paladin and her mount would work best.

Rhaegar14
2015-12-31, 02:46 PM
Yeah, there's no RAW way to really do this. Be a Paladin, take Mounted Combatant, and ask your DM to let you have a Pegasus for your Find Steed mount.

mephnick
2015-12-31, 02:48 PM
Yeah, there's no RAW way to really do this. Be a Paladin, take Mounted Combatant, and ask your DM to let you have a Pegasus for your Find Steed mount.

Pretty much. Of course most DMs will restrict this option to a higher level. So if you're planning on being a pegasus rider at level 4, you'll likely be disappointed.

DracoKnight
2015-12-31, 05:50 PM
I think a paladin and her mount would work best.

Pretty much. Of course most DMs will restrict this option to a higher level. So if you're planning on being a pegasus rider at level 4, you'll likely be disappointed.

Okay. Yeah, I figured I wouldn't get to play a pegasus knight by 4th level, but I was wondering if it was at least possible.

Madbox
2015-12-31, 10:51 PM
It's sort of possible. The Monster Manual entry for Pegasus says

Noble Mounts. Pegasi are highly prized as swift and reliable steeds, being faster and less temperamental than griffons, hippogriffs, and wyverns. However, these wild and shy creatures are as intelligent as humanoids, and so can't be traditionally broken and tamed. A pegasus must be persuaded to serve a good-aligned creature as a mount, but when it does so, it forges a life-long bond with its new companion.
So, the book says it can be done, but you'd have to convince your DM to let you go on an adventure to track one down, and then convince it to serve you. Convincing it will be a challenge as well, since aside from being chaotic good in nature, it has INT 10, WIS 15, and CHA 13, so it has enough brains and force of personality to resist persuasion and see through trickery.

Ragnell-Master
2015-12-31, 11:00 PM
Ironically I was about to post a thread on Fire Emblem inspired class. So rather than make a new thread I'll ask here.

I wanted to make Fe9/10 esque Myrmidon/Swordmaster. I wanted a one that focused on their initiative like vantage while having extra attacks like Astra. I'm looking for something like the one sword, high DPR, low hit points. Focused on avoiding damage rather than taking hits. Any possible builds?

Also sorry if I'm disrupting Thread owner's discussion.

DracoKnight
2015-12-31, 11:17 PM
Ironically I was about to post a thread on Fire Emblem inspired class. So rather than make a new thread I'll ask here.

I wanted to make Fe9/10 esque Myrmidon/Swordmaster. I wanted a one that focused on their initiative like vantage while having extra attacks like Astra. I'm looking for something like the one sword, high DPR, low hit points. Focused on avoiding damage rather than taking hits. Any possible builds?

Hey, no problem! No need to worry about disrupting the thread! :smallbiggrin:

I would honestly take a look at the Swashbuckler from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. I would go Champion 5/Swashbuckler 15. I hope this helps :smallsmile:

georgie_leech
2015-12-31, 11:18 PM

Dex Fighter works well, if Light Armor is fine, and at level 20 you can Action Surge for 8 attacks in a round. If you don't mind adding unarmed to their sword skills, or being unarmored is a must, you can add a splash of Monk for their Wis to AC feature.

Ragnell-Master
2015-12-31, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the advice I'm new both to the forum and 5e. The only other edition of DnD I've played so far was 4e and even then not a lot with my group's scheduling leaving a lot to be desired, but with new members along with some from my old group, we believe we'll become much more regular adventurer's this addition. It helps that this edition has been really friendly to beginner's and the occasional homebrewed content.
I'll look into the suggestions. Not only am I looking into playstyles I might enjoy having a spin with, but ideas others in my group enjoy. Again, Thank you.

Inevitability
2016-01-01, 05:24 AM
Be a valor bard, optimize for melee/fighting with spears. Take Dominate Monster. Find a pegasus, Dominate it, and ride around on it.

Perhaps the most rules-legal of the suggestions, though not too great fluffwise.