PDA

View Full Version : As much as I didn't like Miko (Spoilers)

AngryRussian16
2007-06-12, 10:00 PM
I still must say that Im saddened by the new comic. I mean, it just seems like she became more human as she lied there dying. Of course thats the way most things work in that style.

Oh well, I mourn Miko, even though I hated her.

Oddly enough I was more depressed by her death than Roy's, but that is probably because Roy's death was more sudden and I expect to see him raised (which I don't see for Miko [as a non-undead anyway])

RIP Miko

Zakama
2007-06-12, 10:06 PM
Seems like you feel like I do. Her death seemed more harsh. Roy, you could sorta see it coming, Miko, Bu-bu-BAM. And there was something else I can't put my finger on. As my sig says, she was very human.

Nathander
2007-06-12, 10:14 PM
I agree that her death was more harsh and, while I mourn for her, Roy's death just hit me a bit harder. While Miko did die in an attempt to do something noble, she was also attempting to do it in the sole hope that she would become a paladin again. Roy, on the other hand, died attempting to simply make the world a better place by defeating Xykon, putting his on grudge against him to the back.

They both died nobly, in my mind; I just feel Roy's was more so.

Roderick_BR
2007-06-12, 10:25 PM
I guess the sadder part was how she tried to redeem herself by fulfilling her duty with the portal, and failed :smallfrown:

Ras Sha'Akhamen
2007-06-12, 10:25 PM
I didn't much care for her, but if you gotta go, go in two pieces with half of a throne in-between them.
Shojo started it in Lo5R, now Miko continues the proud, thone-destruction-and-personal-bisection tradition.

Jefepato
2007-06-12, 10:51 PM
I found it sad because it sounded like Windstriker was her only real friend.

I mean, yeesh, no wonder she was nuts. I don't blame all the other paladins for not wanting to deal with her, but it probably would've done some good.

SamDerringer
2007-06-12, 10:59 PM
Indeed, sad. This comic shows us that although she was a crazy and egocentrical bitch, Miko was (in a weird way) a good person, who valued her honor above all. Was a beatutiful scene, made me feel sorry for her; her death was a shock, but a different one from Roy´s death.

Bitchy or not, Rest in Peace (and pieces), Miko Myiasaki

Nathander
2007-06-12, 11:02 PM
I found it sad because it sounded like Windstriker was her only real friend.

I mean, yeesh, no wonder she was nuts. I don't blame all the other paladins for not wanting to deal with her, but it probably would've done some good.

It's sad, on both accounts. Yet at the same time, Miko had no one to blame other than Miko for the fact that she lacked friends. I felt that, from what Hinjo had said on the matter, that the other paladins in the order HAD tried to befriend her, but she pushed them away. Poor girl probably didn't know what she really wanted, and/or simply had the social skills of a twig.

Jefepato
2007-06-12, 11:34 PM
I felt that, from what Hinjo had said on the matter, that the other paladins in the order HAD tried to befriend her, but she pushed them away.

Really? Looking at what he said, I can't find anything to imply one way or another on the matter.

It's possible you're right, but given the high-Charisma nature of paladins, I have trouble imagining that none of them would ever get through to her if they really tried.

Nathander
2007-06-12, 11:44 PM
Really? Looking at what he said, I can't find anything to imply one way or another on the matter.

It's possible you're right, but given the high-Charisma nature of paladins, I have trouble imagining that none of them would ever get through to her if they really tried.

You could be quite right, honestly, and that's a good point. However, there's also a very good chance, from what we know about Miko, that she may have openly denied them the chance to befriend her. We know she's an orphan, so that could come into play; after losing her parents, she may have decided that human contact was pointless, as they would eventually leave you no matter what. If that's the case, why bother even attempting to befriend them?

Either way, I feel bad for her situation.

David Argall
2007-06-13, 12:34 AM
While Miko did die in an attempt to do something noble, she was also attempting to do it in the sole hope that she would become a paladin again.

While she of course wanted that, she rather clearly deemed that a secondary goal. It would likely happen as a matter of course from her doing her Duty. But she knew well enough that the normal path of regaining paladinhood is confessing of sins, which she refused to do. Given a less violent continuation, she might have simply deemed that her Duty required she no longer be a paladin, and of course that was why she was no longer one [since it clearly wasn't her fault].
Doing her Duty was a duty to her, no matter what the effect on her.

Catch
2007-06-13, 12:37 AM
She had it coming. Sadly, the more annoying a villain is, the greater the chance of a comeback.