PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Magic of Incarnum 5e (alpha 2)

Goober4473
2016-01-01, 09:31 PM
I started updating Magic of Incarnum to 5e right around the end of the playtest and the release of the PHB, but abandoned it for a while. Recently, I picked it up again and revamped the whole thing.

The current version is an alpha, with a full class writeup, but only a few soulmelds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwir5V4Ifx5dVGJPZF8zMS1QblE

Here are some design notes, so everyone can be on the same page:

I've merged all of the classes into one, inspired by the Mystic playtest that was released in Unearthed Arcana. The original classes, in 3.5, had very few class features besides the soulmelds, so I felt this was a much cleaner way to handle it. Like mystics, you select your subclass (Incarnation) at level 1, and it determines the list of soulmelds you can choose from.
The breakdown of soulmelds for each subclass was chosen to give each of them around 20 options; enough to have a wide variety, but not so many that it's overwhelming or overpowered.
Following the 5e design standard of large choices, rather than small fiddley numbers, I've turned essentia into a binary choice: a soulmeld has essentia invested in it or it doesn't.
I initially wanted to let essentia be moved around freely as a bonus action, but it was too restrictive to the design of soulmelds, since they could only then have passive effects based on essentia and never per short rest abilities. My solution was to allow incarnates to invest essentia as a bonus action, so they can choose which soulmeld to invest in as they need them, but the essentia can't then be moved until they take a short rest.
I agonized over how to handle chakras for a long time. I found that it was too hard to create enough abilities to keep soulmelds relevant at all levels if you had to bind individual soulmelds to chakras, but limiting them to one or two chakras each meant that some soulmelds would become obsolete, or be much less useful until high level. That, and it felt odd to have some soulmelds providing only their basic, level 1 effect, while others provided powerful high level effects. Ultimately I opted instead to make chakras passive, allowing for a more uniform increase in the power of soulmelds that is tied to class level rather than character level. This also allowed for an easy scaling of the effects of essentia.

I'll likely add races, multiclassing, and a feat that lets you gain some bit of meldshaping later as well.

Goober4473
2016-01-12, 02:22 PM
I've updated the document, now version alpha 2. The main changes are additional soulmelds (6 per subclass now), and a modification to totemists. They can now manifest totem weapons, rather than selecting a soulmeld as a totem.

At this point, I'm pretty solid on the core design, but I'd love some feedback on the smaller details. Individual soulmeld effects, balance concerns, etc.

Amnoriath
2016-01-12, 09:01 PM
1. In general I think you made a good and balanced system that keeps scaling no matter what you choose to have which is very nice. I have played Incarnum a few times though I can't say it is that system though. While yours is definitely easier to understand and contemplating items isn't an issue the basics of that system is you being able to modulate your character in battle in addition to other choices each day. Yours doesn't have that, but ultimately I think that is fine and not necessary in making a good system, especially for 5e.
2. Your class though leaves a lot to be desired you have to remember that there were multiple facets in the mechanics giving the two good meldshapers distinct advantages over one another but yours only has the chakra boosts and the essentia which is more like binding. I understand you wanted to let the soulmelds be the center but your class needs to be somewhat rounded out and your sub-classes have very few levels that even the specific list doesn't quite cover it. Plus 18 soulmelds pale in comparison to the number of spells even the half-casters can have and they always have something extra outside of spells.
3. Between the sub-classes your Totemist and Soulborn got the short ends granting standard proficiencies. The Soulborn gets it worse since it only gets an immunity to charmed. The Necrocarnate gets expertise on steroids for some reason and the Incandescent gets to cast additional die to checks of its choice as well as allies, though for some all except green is only out to 10 feet while green is 120.
4. I didn't thoroughly look through them and compile what they could have but one of the things that really stand out is the 2d8 extra damage on attacks with many of them. Clerics could only add this once per round you should take that into consideration.

Goober4473
2016-01-13, 11:11 AM
1. In general I think you made a good and balanced system that keeps scaling no matter what you choose to have which is very nice. I have played Incarnum a few times though I can't say it is that system though. While yours is definitely easier to understand and contemplating items isn't an issue the basics of that system is you being able to modulate your character in battle in addition to other choices each day. Yours doesn't have that, but ultimately I think that is fine and not necessary in making a good system, especially for 5e.

Yeah, I initially wanted to do a more direct conversion of the essentia system and chakra binds, but a number of things made that impractical. The main problem with moving essentia around however you want every turn is that you will always have the best bonus in whatever you're currently doing. Need to sneak? Max out your stealth bonus soulmeld. Making an attack? Max out your attack boosting soulmeld. The only real choices you're making are if you have soulmelds that provide similar bonuses (say, damage versus attack bonus), or you have a defensive soulmeld and are in combat. So instead my philosophy has been to just go ahead and give the cool bonus all the time without having to invest anything, which ends up being more compatible with 5e's advantage/disadvantage instead of fiddley bonuses. That, and I want to keep things running smoothly. If a character has to decide how they want to allocate a bunch of points every turn, it can bog things down. And if characters aren't moving essentia around every turn, it sort of defeats the purpose of being able to do that.

2. Your class though leaves a lot to be desired you have to remember that there were multiple facets in the mechanics giving the two good meldshapers distinct advantages over one another but yours only has the chakra boosts and the essentia which is more like binding. I understand you wanted to let the soulmelds be the center but your class needs to be somewhat rounded out and your sub-classes have very few levels that even the specific list doesn't quite cover it.

Incarnate and Totemist had very very few class features that weren't chakra binds or higher essentia capacity. Incarnates had a detect opposition ability and an alignment aura, and I wanted to move away from the weird alignment focus. They had rapid meldshaping, which I've wrapped into the overarching class, and the radiance, which is now an incandescent ability.

Totemists had their totem selection, which I had in my alpha 1 version, but it ended up being too restricting in design; too many things in one soulmeld. I'm already expanding what soulmelds do quite a bit, and I can include the totem powers in the base effect and/or essentia effect easily. So instead I gave them the Totem Weapons feature, which covers the simple, "have claws/teeth" effects. Besides the totem, totemists had Wild Empathy and Illiteracy, which emulated druid and barbarian features that don't exist anymore, and Totem's Protection, which was just a bonus to saves against the special powers of magical beasts and I've pretty much replaced with Con save proficiency.

Soulborn had almost nothing unique. They had smites like a paladin, bonus feats like a fighter, and one immunity. If I hadn't wrapped the classes into one, I would have made this a fighter or paladin subclass rather than a class of its own.

So I wouldn't say there were many facets that made these classes unique besides the soulmelds themselves, so my design is to use soulmelds as the primary focus of differentiation, with no overlap between class lists.

Plus 18 soulmelds pale in comparison to the number of spells even the half-casters can have and they always have something extra outside of spells.

18 soulmelds would be pretty low in the original system, where soulmelds are very simple, usually providing a skill bonus or other small ability, plus some benefit with a chakra bind, but I'm designing these soulmelds to provide a lot more power and variety.

The class should ultimately be more comparable to warlocks, with their very limited, but short rest recharging, spellcasting, and their invocations. Each soulmeld can have multiple abilities and options on its own. For instance, a number of soulmelds, once you put essentia in them, grant you the ability to cast one spell, ultimately (by 9th level) with the option of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th level spell, cast in a 5th level slot. With 4 soulmelds shaped, and 2 essentia investments, that gives you the option of upwards of 16 spells, compared to the warlocks' 10 spells known. There are other limits of course, and not all soulmelds provide that kind of flexibility, but I think you're discounting the sheer number of options this class has at any given time, especially with the rapid meldshaping ability.

3. Between the sub-classes your Totemist and Soulborn got the short ends granting standard proficiencies. The Soulborn gets it worse since it only gets an immunity to charmed. The Necrocarnate gets expertise on steroids for some reason and the Incandescent gets to cast additional die to checks of its choice as well as allies, though for some all except green is only out to 10 feet while green is 120.

The level 1 abilities are comparable to the cleric domains, some of which gain proficiencies, while other gain other benefits. The expertise ability is based on the knowledge cleric feature, though I think I'll make it only one skill, given its flexibility.

Green is out to 120 feet because it's a movement speed bonus, which is only really useful if you can actually get some mobility out of it.

4. I didn't thoroughly look through them and compile what they could have but one of the things that really stand out is the 2d8 extra damage on attacks with many of them. Clerics could only add this once per round you should take that into consideration.

Incarnum wepaons and necrocarnum weapon are phrased exactly the same way as the cleric bonus damage abilities: once per turn.

Amnoriath
2016-01-13, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I initially wanted to do a more direct conversion of the essentia system and chakra binds, but a number of things made that impractical. The main problem with moving essentia around however you want every turn is that you will always have the best bonus in whatever you're currently doing. Need to sneak? Max out your stealth bonus soulmeld. Making an attack? Max out your attack boosting soulmeld. The only real choices you're making are if you have soulmelds that provide similar bonuses (say, damage versus attack bonus), or you have a defensive soulmeld and are in combat. So instead my philosophy has been to just go ahead and give the cool bonus all the time without having to invest anything, which ends up being more compatible with 5e's advantage/disadvantage instead of fiddley bonuses. That, and I want to keep things running smoothly. If a character has to decide how they want to allocate a bunch of points every turn, it can bog things down. And if characters aren't moving essentia around every turn, it sort of defeats the purpose of being able to do that.

Incarnate and Totemist had very very few class features that weren't chakra binds or higher essentia capacity. Incarnates had a detect opposition ability and an alignment aura, and I wanted to move away from the weird alignment focus. They had rapid meldshaping, which I've wrapped into the overarching class, and the radiance, which is now an incandescent ability.

Totemists had their totem selection, which I had in my alpha 1 version, but it ended up being too restricting in design; too many things in one soulmeld. I'm already expanding what soulmelds do quite a bit, and I can include the totem powers in the base effect and/or essentia effect easily. So instead I gave them the Totem Weapons feature, which covers the simple, "have claws/teeth" effects. Besides the totem, totemists had Wild Empathy and Illiteracy, which emulated druid and barbarian features that don't exist anymore, and Totem's Protection, which was just a bonus to saves against the special powers of magical beasts and I've pretty much replaced with Con save proficiency.

Soulborn had almost nothing unique. They had smites like a paladin, bonus feats like a fighter, and one immunity. If I hadn't wrapped the classes into one, I would have made this a fighter or paladin subclass rather than a class of its own.

So I wouldn't say there were many facets that made these classes unique besides the soulmelds themselves, so my design is to use soulmelds as the primary focus of differentiation, with no overlap between class lists.

18 soulmelds would be pretty low in the original system, where soulmelds are very simple, usually providing a skill bonus or other small ability, plus some benefit with a chakra bind, but I'm designing these soulmelds to provide a lot more power and variety.

The class should ultimately be more comparable to warlocks, with their very limited, but short rest recharging, spellcasting, and their invocations. Each soulmeld can have multiple abilities and options on its own. For instance, a number of soulmelds, once you put essentia in them, grant you the ability to cast one spell, ultimately (by 9th level) with the option of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th level spell, cast in a 5th level slot. With 4 soulmelds shaped, and 2 essentia investments, that gives you the option of upwards of 16 spells, compared to the warlocks' 10 spells known. There are other limits of course, and not all soulmelds provide that kind of flexibility, but I think you're discounting the sheer number of options this class has at any given time, especially with the rapid meldshaping ability.

The level 1 abilities are comparable to the cleric domains, some of which gain proficiencies, while other gain other benefits. The expertise ability is based on the knowledge cleric feature, though I think I'll make it only one skill, given its flexibility.

Green is out to 120 feet because it's a movement speed bonus, which is only really useful if you can actually get some mobility out of it.

Incarnum wepaons and necrocarnum weapon are phrased exactly the same way as the cleric bonus damage abilities: once per turn.
1. Which is understandable I just thought I should say it.
2. But it was those mechanics that made them distinct and function in different ways. I am not saying completely replicate them but currently saying you have "natural weapons" isn't what makes a Totemist a Totemist both in mechanics and flavor. It also makes them identical to the Soulborn. It simply doesn't do either one justice. The levels of essentia, the different focuses, and different chakras gave each a different strategy and set of strengths. Incarnates could funnel more essentia and could change their melds while Totemists could concentrate binds and essentia on the Totem leaving more room for items. While the flavor didn't quite link up the mechanics of both provided capable and nuanced classes.
3. Warlocks still have far more spells to choose from and is expanded through invocations and sub-classes. I understand you don't have all of them done and is quite the endeavor but unless you give more sub-class levels or something else to properly round out the flavor you won't even have the options of a half-caster which is less than the Warlock.
4. You mean their Channel Divinity power and their Blessings of Knowledge? You are combining the best of both features and calling it a level 1 feature. Why does a Necrocarnate need or should have this?
5. In which is a huge discrepancy of distance and you are pretty much always mobile.
6. It wasn't specified before.

Goober4473
2016-01-13, 06:22 PM
But it was those mechanics that made them distinct and function in different ways. I am not saying completely replicate them but currently saying you have "natural weapons" isn't what makes a Totemist a Totemist both in mechanics and flavor. It also makes them identical to the Soulborn. It simply doesn't do either one justice. The levels of essentia, the different focuses, and different chakras gave each a different strategy and set of strengths. Incarnates could funnel more essentia and could change their melds while Totemists could concentrate binds and essentia on the Totem leaving more room for items. While the flavor didn't quite link up the mechanics of both provided capable and nuanced classes.

The problem is, almost all of that doesn't work given my changes to essentia and chakra binds. When I had them as three classes originally, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to fill dead levels, because the source material had so little besides meldshaping (which is to say, soulmelds, essentia, and chakras). And the soulmelds should be distinct enough to give each subclass a unique play style already.

It's sort of like complaning that the cleric and wizard are too similar because they have the same number of spells prepared and the same number of spell slots each day. They have some different proficiencies and class features, but the biggest difference is in which spells they have on their lists.

Warlocks still have far more spells to choose from and is expanded through invocations and sub-classes. I understand you don't have all of them done and is quite the endeavor but unless you give more sub-class levels or something else to properly round out the flavor you won't even have the options of a half-caster which is less than the Warlock.

I'd love to hear other opinions on this, but basically, warlocks can pick more individual spells, but then they're stuck with them until they level up. Like a cleric, druid, or paladin, an incarnate can ready an entirely new set of abilities each day, essentia abilities can be saved until you know which one you need, and the rapid meldshaping feature lets them access any one of a wide array of powers as required. If I design the soulmelds right, the range of effects you can get from them should be wide enough that the flexibility will be very worth it.

4. You mean their Channel Divinity power and their Blessings of Knowledge? You are combining the best of both features and calling it a level 1 feature. Why does a Necrocarnate need or should have this?

Sort of. It was based on a mroe flexible version of the "get two skills with expertise." I think I will limit it to 1 though. And they get it because I've re-flavored necrocarnate from "the most evil thing imaginable" to "channels the souls of the dead." Check the description for more on that.

5. In which is a huge discrepancy of distance and you are pretty much always mobile.

"Quick, everyone stand really close to me all in one big group and not where you need to be so you can be extra mobile." Kind of a contradiction.

6. It wasn't specified before.

It's how it was always written. I haven't updated the document since alpha 2.

Amnoriath
2016-01-16, 09:00 AM
The problem is, almost all of that doesn't work given my changes to essentia and chakra binds. When I had them as three classes originally, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to fill dead levels, because the source material had so little besides meldshaping (which is to say, soulmelds, essentia, and chakras). And the soulmelds should be distinct enough to give each subclass a unique play style already.

It's sort of like complaning that the cleric and wizard are too similar because they have the same number of spells prepared and the same number of spell slots each day. They have some different proficiencies and class features, but the biggest difference is in which spells they have on their lists.

I'd love to hear other opinions on this, but basically, warlocks can pick more individual spells, but then they're stuck with them until they level up. Like a cleric, druid, or paladin, an incarnate can ready an entirely new set of abilities each day, essentia abilities can be saved until you know which one you need, and the rapid meldshaping feature lets them access any one of a wide array of powers as required. If I design the soulmelds right, the range of effects you can get from them should be wide enough that the flexibility will be very worth it.

Sort of. It was based on a mroe flexible version of the "get two skills with expertise." I think I will limit it to 1 though. And they get it because I've re-flavored necrocarnate from "the most evil thing imaginable" to "channels the souls of the dead." Check the description for more on that.

"Quick, everyone stand really close to me all in one big group and not where you need to be so you can be extra mobile." Kind of a contradiction.

It's how it was always written. I haven't updated the document since alpha 2.

1. But from what you given they haven't and there is one big elephant in the room here even if you want to keep the look of your class. Your sub-classes are the smallest in the game, even more so than the Bard because they get bonus proficiencies plus 3. Also your typed 20th level feature is worthless. You have unlimited essentia at that point and having a feature that allows you to shift your essentia whenever you want is of no use. There isn't a reason you wouldn't want essentia in a soulmeld other than scarcity. So there should be your last sub-class level.
2. Except the Cleric and Wizard spells differ far more than your soulmelds and each have different features. Cleric's have Channel Divinity which are then given specific powers in the sub-classes.
3. Yes, but that isn't the point at which I started. The point is not only are they relying off a small list they don't have anything else. Warlock's have invocations, Paladins have Smite, Lay on Hands...etc. If you want to get to the nitty gritty about these things no other class just has the one system.
4. Well first off I think its clear the 10 feet is too small to begin with. The point is you are being arbitrary simply because of small movement bonus when the others are random or still 1 at that point. Either way they are small and it just shows you are favoring one over the other.
5. Well, look through it, some of the things aren't written well. Especially the Lucky Dice. I have no idea were charges come from.

Goober4473
2016-01-19, 03:39 PM
1. But from what you given they haven't and there is one big elephant in the room here even if you want to keep the look of your class. Your sub-classes are the smallest in the game, even more so than the Bard because they get bonus proficiencies plus 3. Also your typed 20th level feature is worthless. You have unlimited essentia at that point and having a feature that allows you to shift your essentia whenever you want is of no use. There isn't a reason you wouldn't want essentia in a soulmeld other than scarcity. So there should be your last sub-class level.
2. Except the Cleric and Wizard spells differ far more than your soulmelds and each have different features. Cleric's have Channel Divinity which are then given specific powers in the sub-classes.
3. Yes, but that isn't the point at which I started. The point is not only are they relying off a small list they don't have anything else. Warlock's have invocations, Paladins have Smite, Lay on Hands...etc. If you want to get to the nitty gritty about these things no other class just has the one system.
4. Well first off I think its clear the 10 feet is too small to begin with. The point is you are being arbitrary simply because of small movement bonus when the others are random or still 1 at that point. Either way they are small and it just shows you are favoring one over the other.
5. Well, look through it, some of the things aren't written well. Especially the Lucky Dice. I have no idea were charges come from.

1a. I might add another feature to each, if there's anything worth giving them, but my point is, there's nothing I can pull from the original 3.5 classes that would work. What features would you give them? Smiting for soulborn?
1b. The 20th level ability is why you have unlimited essentia at 20th level. It's not just part of the regular essentia progression.
2. What abilities did the original soulmelds in 3.5 give that made the classes so much more unique though? I'm already adding way more variation in soulmelds than existed before. Some fiddly numbers about how many points you can invest at a time doesn't change much, the totem abilities are wrapped into the totemist soulmelds, except all the many totem abilities that are just, "you gain a natural weapon," which is now a feature.
3. Soulmelds are complicated. They give a lot of different abilities, and I'm already worried about the level of complexity in tracking all of them. Compared to a monk of similar level, they have more weird abilities, and the Unearthed Arcana about modifying classes suggests that monks shouldn't be given more special abilities due to complexity. So soulmelds are being designed to take the place of both spells and invocations.
4. The movement bonus is far less useful to your party if they have to stand near you in order to use an ability that is only good if they want to not stand near you. The only way to use it then is if they start next to you and want to run somewhere else. The other abilities always remain useful while standing near you.
5. What charges? "On any other result, it gains a +2 bonus, but if the result was not 7, the dice are expended. You cannot use them again until you finish a short or long rest." This is pretty binary. If they are expended, you cannot use them. If they are not expended, you can. If you mean, the essentia ability, it's standard wording: "Once before finishing a short or long rest..."

Amnoriath
2016-01-19, 08:47 PM
1a. I might add another feature to each, if there's anything worth giving them, but my point is, there's nothing I can pull from the original 3.5 classes that would work. What features would you give them? Smiting for soulborn?
1b. The 20th level ability is why you have unlimited essentia at 20th level. It's not just part of the regular essentia progression.
2. What abilities did the original soulmelds in 3.5 give that made the classes so much more unique though? I'm already adding way more variation in soulmelds than existed before. Some fiddly numbers about how many points you can invest at a time doesn't change much, the totem abilities are wrapped into the totemist soulmelds, except all the many totem abilities that are just, "you gain a natural weapon," which is now a feature.
3. Soulmelds are complicated. They give a lot of different abilities, and I'm already worried about the level of complexity in tracking all of them. Compared to a monk of similar level, they have more weird abilities, and the Unearthed Arcana about modifying classes suggests that monks shouldn't be given more special abilities due to complexity. So soulmelds are being designed to take the place of both spells and invocations.
4. The movement bonus is far less useful to your party if they have to stand near you in order to use an ability that is only good if they want to not stand near you. The only way to use it then is if they start next to you and want to run somewhere else. The other abilities always remain useful while standing near you.
5. What charges? "On any other result, it gains a +2 bonus, but if the result was not 7, the dice are expended. You cannot use them again until you finish a short or long rest." This is pretty binary. If they are expended, you cannot use them. If they are not expended, you can. If you mean, the essentia ability, it's standard wording: "Once before finishing a short or long rest..."

1. The Totemist's totem is like a soulmeld that is already invested. I would change the Necarnum Harvest to a temporary soulmeld that way your essentia progression doesn't render it useless in the long run. The Soulborn would have something like a Channel Divinity since I would view them as the most alignment oriented. This would be where I start.
2. Eh, I wouldn't say that you actually are. You are making them more powerful at base and easier to work with but soulmelds between the base ability, essentia boost, and chakras they have the same if not more complexity than yours. Also most of the 3.X versions where premanent though many of yours have abilities with short rest recharges. Ultimately I would rate them as powerful cantrips with a couple nice abilities at most. Keep in mind you have 3 less than the original 2. Besides, the arcane spell casters didn't have anything else other than casting slots in their class in 5e though they do have other abilities.
3. Which is why you should consult with having other class abilities that are pretty straight forward.
4. You aren't getting that the increase is too small to begin with. At best the radiance then is like a half Bless spell with a few other choices. Maybe both should just be 30 since it is temporary and small boosts unlike a Paladin's.
5. It is after "If your Throat Chakra is open" then that entire paragraph is very difficult to understand.

Goober4473
2016-01-20, 11:23 AM
1. The Totemist's totem is like a soulmeld that is already invested. I would change the Necarnum Harvest to a temporary soulmeld that way your essentia progression doesn't render it useless in the long run. The Soulborn would have something like a Channel Divinity since I would view them as the most alignment oriented. This would be where I start.
2. Eh, I wouldn't say that you actually are. You are making them more powerful at base and easier to work with but soulmelds between the base ability, essentia boost, and chakras they have the same if not more complexity than yours. Also most of the 3.X versions where premanent though many of yours have abilities with short rest recharges. Ultimately I would rate them as powerful cantrips with a couple nice abilities at most. Keep in mind you have 3 less than the original 2. Besides, the arcane spell casters didn't have anything else other than casting slots in their class in 5e though they do have other abilities.
3. Which is why you should consult with having other class abilities that are pretty straight forward.
4. You aren't getting that the increase is too small to begin with. At best the radiance then is like a half Bless spell with a few other choices. Maybe both should just be 30 since it is temporary and small boosts unlike a Paladin's.
5. It is after "If your Throat Chakra is open" then that entire paragraph is very difficult to understand.

1. You're definitely right about the harvest ability. It's bonus power, but not once you hit level 20. I'll think on that one. I'll probably try to work in one more feature for each incarnation also.I tried making the totem work like it used to, but converting a soulmeld from 3.5 that had like a skill bonus and one other power into a 5e soulmeld with a base effect, increased or new stuff from high level chakras, an essentia effect that improves with low level chakras, and a totem effect was just too much. Letting it be extra essentia that you can't wait to invest is interesting, but the essentia effects are supposed to mimic 2nd and higher level spells or the equivalent in power, and I want the totem available at 1st level. That would be a pretty decent ability to gain alongside the necrocarnate's reaping though, since both are basically a bonus point of essentia, but it would need to be limited to once per long rest.

3. To add more abilities, I'd need to weaken soulmelds, which I'd rather not do. As above, I'll probably add a little more to each subclass, but any more and I'd need to start replacing chakras, which might be okay, but there are basically no more abilities to pull from the original source.

4. It's a free bonus that stacks with everything and no concentration, usable once per short rest. I'll look into it further though, and make sure it's on par with what the other incarnations get.

5. I'll tweak it a bit. It's just adding more rolls on the 2d6 that don't expend the dice. Originally only a 7 or 2 lets you keep them. At Throat chakra, a 12 keeps them (on top of a new, extra effect), and at Crown, a 6 or 8 keeps them.