PDA

View Full Version : Index ****=The_Screaming_Spirits_{IC}=****

Zhentarim
2016-01-02, 12:46 AM
Urgathoa's Cradle,
near Oxminaedes's Bread and Ale
Temperature 34*F(1.1*C)12:15 AM

ALL PLAYERS

The rain pelts against you as you walk, the wet coldness seeping deep into the fiber of your being. You have been traveling a while, and are relieved when you come across the nearly deserted, but still inhabited, town in the middle of the dark forest. Luck would have it that you see a few other travelers on the road at this point, as well as a welcoming building with a wooden sign hanging above its door which read "Oxminaedes's Bread and Ale". The world around you had been acting very strange lately, and the unassuming bar brought back memories of a simpler time. Eager to get out of the cold rain drenching you, you rush into the building to find a homely bar maid and a few locals. A crackling fire burning in a small furnace in a corner and several lanterns hanging from the ceiling dimly lit the room with an orange tint, contrasting the darkness outside. You see some other travelers have come in, and they look nearly as relieved as you are. Behind the ugly barmaid, a sign reads:

Ale.....10 sp per cup
Bread.....5 sp per loaf
Hot Soup.....7 sp per cup

Cleavon
2016-01-02, 04:46 AM
Rem Shoro

Could hear the rain pattering down on top of his straw hat, and his robe had already soaked quite thoroughly. His sandals sunk into the mud but his balance never swayed, the wet braid of hair falling down his back still swaying lightly as he tilted his head up and regarded the sign.

Inside the tavern he removed his hat and set it aside by the door, moving to a table near the fireplace to warm himself. He would flag the waitress down and produce a small sack of tea leaves from inside the folds of his robe, and set them in front of him.

"Hot water, and a cup please."

The glow of the fire comforting to the soggy monk, and some tea would do him quite well, after a journey in such weather.

UrsusArctos
2016-01-02, 02:44 PM
Larkina had already been sitting down, when Rem entered, and looked up at him as he did, before looking back at a holy book of Sarenrae. There were several others in the tavern, but not much was going on otherwise.

She had been wandering the land rather aimlessly ever since her half-siblings had murdered her and threw her corpse into the gutter. The worst part of the assassination was that they were too stupid to hide the body correctly. It had been found within the hour.

It was a quiet day here, though. Not much happening, just a few weary travelers.

Athaleon
2016-01-02, 07:22 PM
Arvus sat near the fire with a hot cup of soup, grateful to be in out of the cold. He waited for his cup to cool off a bit, and took a closer look at the others in the tavern. He spotted a woman reading a book he instantly recognized, and he got up to approach her.

"Light and Truth, I'd recognize it anywhere. Lay or clergy?" he asked with a sincere smile.

UrsusArctos
2016-01-03, 02:19 PM
Larkina looked up at the man who had begun to talk to her. He seemed to be an aasimar, as did one of the others in the bar. It was strange to see three in one place at the same time.

"Well, it's a bit complicated. I am descended from an angel of Sarenrae and our family is extremely devout. I personally draw power from my heritage without having been ordained like a cleric. It would not be hard to become ordained, and I might as well be, but I am the heir to House Skyport."

Cleavon
2016-01-03, 07:59 PM
Rem Shoro

Sat back in contemplation as he heard a light murmur through the place. He listened to some of the words spoken by Larkina and Arvus. It would seem even in a place like this one could find goodness. With the pall hanging about the surrounding lands of late it warmed him to know the powers of light were not far from hand.

When his water arrived he thanked the homely bar maid and used the sleeve of his robe to wipe out the cup a bit before crushing the crumbly tea leaves in his fingers. He watched them tumble into the bottom of the cup and pondered the problems facing this land. He doubted he could combat such evils alone. He had yet to know why this place was the way it was but knew his journey would not end until it had been dealt with.

Water steamed as he filed the cup and gave it a small time to steep. Lifting the cup and taking a slow sip moments later he let out a content breath and set the cup down, his attention turning back to the two discussing the religious tome. Not eavesdropping, but interested in what brought them here. Perhaps he'd ask after his tea.

Athaleon
2016-01-05, 02:10 AM
"Small world—I happen to share the same heritage." He motioned to the third aasimar in the bar. "I wonder if we three were drawn here for some higher purpose. What do you think?" he asked the one he had motioned to.

Zhentarim
2016-01-17, 09:28 PM
The thunder outside intensified as the 3 explorers spoke amongst themselves. The ugly bar maid spoke to Rem as he listened to Larkina and Arvus speak.

"What brings you to our sleepy town?"

Their is a faint wailing coming from outside, eerie and slowly growing louder.

Cleavon
2016-01-20, 05:11 PM
Rem Shoro

Looked up from his tea and gave the homely woman a small nod of acknowledgement. He set his cup down and thought about his answer for a moment. Why had he come here, was indeed a puzzling question even for him. He had been traveling the Darkmoon Vale after hearing of the increased activities of the undead and other unsavory types. He knew there were smaller towns hidden in the dark forests, but couldn't honestly say why his footsteps had lead him to find this very one.

Of course in the short term the sight of the town and the driving of the rain had bid him to seek shelter, but that could he did not think that to be mere coincidence. He cleared his throat and finally answered the woman.

"I heard tell that Darkmoon Vale had become more dangerous of late. Fearing for it's people I sought to travel here and see this for my own. Perhaps to help if I can. My travels lead me here by pure whim, though I feel as if this may be my intended destination after all."

[roll0]

Ouch. I suppose that ends that post then.

Zhentarim
2016-01-20, 06:16 PM
It was at that moment that the torches in the inn snuffed out, and the tavern was cloaked in darkness. With a sound like nails on a chalkboard, a great psychopomp burst into being in the middle of the inn. Its voice was no better.

"I am the messenger of the Lady of Graves. The End of the World is here! All souls shall be judged before the next full moon."