PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Im New this class looks amazing

killingfish
2016-01-02, 10:37 AM
i dont have much experience with D&D i mean my first character is dead at lv 11, i have found this class beast heart adept and i was wondering if anyone here could help me build it. (my GM dosnt allow Druids)
The GM allows almost every book, and the classes we can use are of LA 0/+1
I know this is a lot to ask but i really dont have a clue, thanks
(it could possibly be a reroll at lv 10)

MisterKaws
2016-01-02, 11:02 AM
Just a tip: a Halfling Paladin could arguably fuse both with Devoted Tracker feat, as it is mentioned to be similar to an animal companion, then advance both at the same time with Halfling Outrider.

Jack_Simth
2016-01-02, 11:45 AM
Checking....

I wouldn't use amazing. The secondary companions are low enough HD that they're not going to be able to do much in combat. If you take, say, a Druid, and pick up one of Exalted Companion (Book of Exalted Deeds), Totem Companion (Eberron Campaign Setting), or one of the similar feats, you can have a very similar effect. There's also useful Druid ACF's in this vein, such as the Elemental Companion from Complete Mage. Plus you then have Wildshape and spellcasting, and the various animal companion boosting feats are available for you (such as Companion Spellbond from the PHB II).

Depending on the optimization level of the group, it'll be a fine PrC, but measuring optimization is tricky, and rough at best. Are you familiar with PFO/PFD numbers?

Inevitability
2016-01-02, 11:49 AM
Might I suggest removing the link? It leads to a source that is technically illegal to use, seeing that it contains copyrighted material. Though I'm pretty sure at least 70% of this subforum uses it...

killingfish
2016-01-02, 12:28 PM
Checking....

I wouldn't use amazing. The secondary companions are low enough HD that they're not going to be able to do much in combat. If you take, say, a Druid, and pick up one of Exalted Companion (Book of Exalted Deeds), Totem Companion (Eberron Campaign Setting), or one of the similar feats, you can have a very similar effect. There's also useful Druid ACF's in this vein, such as the Elemental Companion from Complete Mage. Plus you then have Wildshape and spellcasting, and the various animal companion boosting feats are available for you (such as Companion Spellbond from the PHB II).

Depending on the optimization level of the group, it'll be a fine PrC, but measuring optimization is tricky, and rough at best. Are you familiar with PFO/PFD numbers?

sorry i forgot to mention when i made it that the gm dosnt allow druids

ZamielVanWeber
2016-01-02, 01:12 PM
IIRC Beast Heart Adept is a good time for bloodline levels to boost the HD of your critters.