PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cost of things that aren't in the handbooks

Gamey Geemer
2016-01-02, 11:29 AM
Due to an amazing turn in one of the games I play, my character is about to get married. I used some weird things to figure up the pricing (like using the perform section to price out bards). But I want to know the other things.

Some of the concerns are of decorating the castle courtyard for the event, Hiring a cleric to actually perform the ceremony, and the other odds and ends that I haven't thought of.

What I have priced out so far for 200 people

Food: Good meals 100 gold

Drink 200 gallons of ale 40 gold

Outfits: 150 gold

4 bards: 20 gold for a memorable performance

Flowers: ???

Cleric/Priest: ???

Other:???

Elxir_Breauer
2016-01-02, 04:38 PM
Pretty much all of this is up to the GM, as with anything else not covered in the books. For the most part, I would say it depends on the style of wedding involved though. High Society types would likely spend at least 500-1,000 gold on a wedding, where a small village ceremony would likely only cost a grand total of maybe 50 gold, with most of that being in the form of people volunteering to help out by bringing what they can. Definitely ask your GM for some basic guidelines.

Yanisa
2016-01-02, 05:47 PM
Flowers: ???

Closest thing I can find to flowers in the actual rules is Wolfbane (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Wolfsbane).

The root of this tall plant with blue flowers is toxic, but herbalists use it in low doses to reduce pain and regulate the heart. Folklore says it can help a victim of lycanthropy throw off the curse.
And then the flowers are like the useless part.

But seriously I wouldn't expect a good bouquet of flowers to be more then 5 sp. And cheaper ones up to a copper.

The amount of flowers needed is a whole different story, a random curious search lead me to this site (http://www.bachmans.com/Wedding-Flowers/Prices-Budget-Estimates/divHomePage.html?cnb=PricesBudgets&categoryCode=46). Which values the entire thing, including a flowergirl at 428-955 dollars. And while comparing real life dollars to dnd gold is almost impossible, most discussions I remember dance around 50 dollar to 1 gp on average. Makes about 20 gp (1000 dollars) for a very expensive bunch of flowers, yet uber cheap for an adventurer. It also seems in line with your other prices.

Cleric/Priest: ???

A quick look on the hireling list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/hirelings-servants-services#TOC-Hirelings) I spot:

Lawyer (5 sp–10 gp/day)
Sage (15 gp/day)
Scribe (1 gp/10 gp/day)

I would suspect a priest falls in that same line. Makes 5 sp for your local small town village and 15gp to get the most important priest around. (Just don't tell him you spend more on flowers then the donation to his god.)

Ravens_cry
2016-01-02, 06:00 PM
Flowers, it would really depend. Someone selling wild flowers they picked and bound with string? Coppers. Flowers from someone's outdoor garden? Silver's. Some rare, exotic bloom cultivated in a greenhouse out of season? Now we're talking gold, and tens, if not hundreds at that.
Priests, again, depends.
The easiest is if you want a cleric or other divine spellcaster attached to a temple hierarchy. as there *is* rules for that. For a non-spellcaster priest, a trained hireling sounds right, maybe more if the work is highly specialized, like illuminating manuscripts or translating ancient texts, or even less than the going if it's considered a form of charity to the community.

Gamey Geemer
2016-01-02, 06:24 PM
This has been a crazy amount of help already, and it would seem that I have almost exactly enough to pay for everything out of pocket. Especially since it doesn't seem like there is too much missing (since we already have access to a Castle Courtyard to host it in)

Thank you all so much, and Au Revoir.