PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get good or at least decent at art

Some Android
2016-01-03, 12:52 AM
Hello. Some Android here. I'm making this thread to showcase my..."art?"... in an attempt to get better through feedback and possibly (optimistically) have a career/job in the art industry years down the road.

Here's a link (http://adremlifestudies.blogspot.com/) to my blog. At the moment there's only anatomical studies as that's what I'm trying to get good at.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Domochevsky
2016-01-03, 08:00 AM
Hm, not much I can contribute here at the moment, but this does seem like a pretty solid start/progression. :smallsmile:

Some Android
2016-01-04, 01:51 AM
Hm, not much I can contribute here at the moment, but this does seem like a pretty solid start/progression. :smallsmile:

Do you have a favorite piece? A least favorite piece? What do you like/dislike about them? What do you think of my line work? Strengths? Weaknesses? Any advice or suggestions?

These are just question I'm posing to anyone at all - not necessarily you Domochevsky - but just things people could consider to provide feedback to me with.

Artman77
2016-01-04, 02:39 AM
My favorite ones are the forearm and bicep front/forearm tricep back view, the musculature of the back and the three-quarter-view of the head ribcage and left arm. You're doing good so far. I think you could benefit from using a hard pencil with light strokes and then moving to a softer pencil with a little more pressure to get a more three dimensional look. Since these are just studies you might not want to spend that kind of time on them, but I think it would help you define the bulk/shape of the limb and help put each muscle group "in context", I guess. I don't know the art phrasing for that.

Also, if you put a link to your blog in your signature, then you wouldn't have to copy-paste a link every time. :smallsmile: