PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spell ideas

Korivan
2016-01-03, 10:07 AM
Looking to get peoples input on thier favorite spell combos/tricks etc.. Mine is Extract Water Elemental. With the right PrC's and feats you can quicken/twin/chain/Max/empower this thing. Potentially hitting 20 targets. With quicken, belt of battle, you can hit up to 60 in 1 round and gain 60 allies for 20 rounds.

What's some of your favorites?

MisterKaws
2016-01-03, 12:14 PM
I like to stick to the classics, and Locate City Bomb is pretty effective for what it does, and is also at the same time effective for getting the entire DM's book repertoire thrown at your face.

Zombulian
2016-01-03, 04:29 PM
While it's not really a trick... Heat Death from Pyrokineticist is super fun. For one thing, it affects any living creature, meaning you can make a Fire elemental die from overheating. Also, it's not a full round action, it's a full attack action to use. Opening it up for Teflammajama cheese or (with Gestalt maybe?) RKV cheese with Time Stands Still.

draxsiss
2016-01-03, 04:35 PM
While simple and boring extended ropetrick makes camping a thing of the past, No more night time encounters or problems. Every (low level) casters best friend.

Quertus
2016-01-03, 06:27 PM
Spells I've had the most fun with? Hmm...

Persistent time stop
Held action for green blockade
Persistent lesser vigor
Slime wave, back when it was per 5' square (and I always wanted to couple it with some way to enlarge my opponents)
Chain harm
Permanent illusion: of myself, on myself.
Shape change + assume supernatural ability
Wall of force + cloud kill
Sense-shifted / spell thematics on continual light
Persistent sadism + troll to beat on
Gentle repose + revivify
Wield skill + <2 other spells that also grant massive skill boosts>
The CoDzilla set, particularly when used with a ring of spell storing, to apply them to someone other than the cleric
Permanent animate objects
Polymorph any object

But my all time favorite is still animate dead.

gorfnab
2016-01-03, 06:56 PM
Regal Procession (SC) - transport your party, create a distraction, clog a city street, block off a chunk of battlefield (wall of horse), sink a ship, make it appear to anyone following your party that your party is larger that previously encountered, create a grand entrance (the horses come with adornments and banners), etc. The Invisible Spell metamagic feat can make this even more fun if your DM allows it.

Bobbybobby99
2016-01-03, 07:48 PM
I'm a constant fan of Gust of Wind. Not too flashy, but useful in every occasion. Particularly extended.

Korivan
2016-01-04, 12:30 PM
Regal Procession (SC) - transport your party, create a distraction, clog a city street, block off a chunk of battlefield (wall of horse), sink a ship, make it appear to anyone following your party that your party is larger that previously encountered, create a grand entrance (the horses come with adornments and banners), etc. The Invisible Spell metamagic feat can make this even more fun if your DM allows it.

Invisible Spell Metamagic is one of my favorites. Be improved invisible+non detection+true seeing+overland flight. With invisible and sometimes silent spell, rain near unstoppable unless they can do similar

ATHATH
2016-01-04, 12:31 PM
Create Lantern Archon (an outsider's body is its soul)+(Maximized) Lemure Horde/Dretch Horde/Call Nightmare. A Chameleon can pillage the Demonologist and Mortal Hunter lists to get these spells as third or fourth level spells.

Dark Way is basically WoF as a second level spell. It's only 5-feet tall, but that can still be effective against small foes (the wall is smooth and hard to climb). It's also an Illusion spell, so a beguiler can pick it up with Advanced Learning. If you shape it into a cone (with Shape Spell), can you trap something inside of it?

Korivan
2016-01-04, 02:37 PM
I don't see why not, a cone would trap something smaller then itself, though ground terrain and weight of cone/strength of opponent would make this tactic vary