PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Fey Skirmisher (Name Pending) Balancing

angeldemon667
2016-01-03, 06:11 PM
Alright so I was trying to find a fighter like class that also has a nice stealth capability for Satyrs. I could not find one, so I made this. This is my first homebrew as well, so any tips for the future are equally as helpful (As well as tell me if I left out any important info).
I built this class keeping a modified Satyr race keeping just the Dex and Charisma boost removing all the Fey hit dice and damage reduction and reducing the natural armor to +2, the pipes to a 1/day, and the level adjustment down to +1

Fey Skirmisher Hit Die: d8
Column 1: Level, Column 2: BAB, Columns 3-5: Saves (Fort, Reflex, Will), Column 6: Special Abilities by level

1 +0 +2 +2 +0 Speak with Plants
2 +1 +3 +3 +0 Evasion, Woodland Stride
3 +2 +3 +3 +1 Fast Movement
4 +3 +4 +4 +1 Uncanny Dodge
5 +3 +4 +4 +1 Command Plants 1/day
6 +4 +5 +5 +2
7 +5 +5 +5 +2
8 +6 +6 +6 +2 Fey Defenses
9 +6 +6 +6 +3 Improved Evasion
10 +7 +7 +7 +3 Command Plants 2/day,
11 +8 +7 +7 +3 Fast Movement
12 +9 +8 +8 +4 Fey Defenses
13 +9 +8 +8 +4 Camouflage
14 +10 +9 +9 +4
15 +11 +9 +9 +5 Command Plants 3/day
16 +12 +10 +10 +5 Fey Defenses
17 +12 +10 +10 +5 Hide in Plain sight
18 +13 +11 +11 +6
19 +14 +11 +11 +6 Force of Nature
20 +15 +12 +12 +6 Command Plants 4/day, Fey Defenses

Class Skills
Balance
Climb
Diplomacy
Gather Information
Handle Animal
Hide
Intimidate
Jump
Knowledge (Geography)
Knowledge (Local)
Knowledge (Nature)
Knowledge (Religion)
Listen
Move Silently
Perform
Sleight of Hand
Spot
Survival
Swim

A Fey Skirmisher has proficiency with all simple and martial weapons and light armor, but not shields

• Speak with Plants: At 1st level, a fey skirmisher is considered to always be under the effect of Speak with Plants.
• Evasion: Starting at 2nd level a fey skirmisher can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save (such as a red dragon's fiery breath or a fireball), she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the fey skirmisher is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless fey skirmisher (such as one who is unconscious or paralyzed) does not gain the benefit of evasion.
• Woodland Stride: Starting at 2nd level, a fey skirmisher may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment.
• Fast Movement: Starting at 3rd level, a fey skirmisher gains a +10 foot enhancement bonus to her base land speed. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +20 feet. See the monk class feature, page 41 of the Player's Handbook.
• Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 4th level, a fey skirmisher can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
• Command Plants: At 5th level a fey skirmisher can cast Command Plants as a standard action with a caster level equal to her fey skirmisher levels. At 10th level and every 5 levels thereafter a fey skirmisher gains another use of Command Plants.
Charisma is your spellcating attribute for this ability.
• Fey Defenses: At 8th level a fey skirmisher gains the defenses of the fey. She gains a +1 enhancement bonus to her natural armor and gains Damage Reduction 2/ Cold Iron. This bonus increases at level 12 (+2 to AC, DR 4/Cold Iron), level 16 (+3 to AC, DR 6/Cold Iron), and level 20 (+4 to AC, DR 8/Cold Iron).
• Improved Evasion: At 9th level a fey skirmisher’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks like a dragon’s breath weapon or a fireball, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless fey skirmisher (such as one who is unconscious or paralyzed) does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.
• Camouflage: A fey skirmisher of 13th level or higher can use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain doesn't grant cover or concealment.
• Hide in Plain Sight: While in any sort of natural terrain, a fey skirmisher of 17th level or higher can use the Hide skill even while being observed.
• Force of Nature: A fey skirmisher of 19th level or higher can enter a state that exemplifies the true power of nature. Once a day a fey skirmisher can enter this state for up to 5 rounds, while in this state a fey skirmisher may make two more attacks per round at his highest base attack bonus as part of a full attack action.