PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - What to Do After the Iron Gods AP?

unseenmage
2016-01-04, 04:07 AM
We and our DM are excited to do some outer space adventuring Star Trek style once the adventure path comes to a close.

I was curious though; What would the Playground throw at a party of level 15+ space faring adventurers?

If it matters we have a Ghoul Bard, an Android Alchemist, a Goblin Rogue, a Strix Monk, and an Orc Barbarian.

My concern is that a) we've done really well with the structured AP and I don't know if there are many higher level APs to choose from. Also b) other than refluffing is there anything preprepped that would be appropriate for a Technology Guide enhanced space adventure in PF?

Mr.Sandman
2016-01-04, 07:43 AM
Nothing more Star Trek than the Prime Directive. Choose a module where some scary thing is attacking a city/country. You are sitting in orbit, scanning a planet, when you are suddenly attacked. You shoot them down, and their ship crashes on the planet. The survivors begin scouring the countryside, looking for materials to repair their ship, maybe forming alliances with some local monstrous tribes. It's your fault they are attacking this unsuspecting nation, now you have to fix it without giving away the capabilities of either side. A plotline I have always wanted to do, but never have had the time.

unseenmage
2016-01-05, 01:15 PM
Hmm. That is a very Trek suggestion. Thank you.

Am more looking to discern if there are any other APs that lend themselves either to higher level adventures or to adventures in space/on other worlds.

Florian
2016-01-05, 01:21 PM
We and our DM are excited to do some outer space adventuring Star Trek style once the adventure path comes to a close.

I was curious though; What would the Playground throw at a party of level 15+ space faring adventurers?

If it matters we have a Ghoul Bard, an Android Alchemist, a Goblin Rogue, a Strix Monk, and an Orc Barbarian.

My concern is that a) we've done really well with the structured AP and I don't know if there are many higher level APs to choose from. Also b) other than refluffing is there anything preprepped that would be appropriate for a Technology Guide enhanced space adventure in PF?

The Iron Gods AP hits some themes and leaves them open to explore. Other "galactic" themes are hit in other modules/APs an still open.

- Kasathas and their home world.
- Eox and their undead
- The Dominion of the Black

Based on a whim, IŽd do a runner-up camping to Iron Gods based on taming the Terrasque and throwing it again the Dominion...

unseenmage
2016-01-05, 01:27 PM
The Iron Gods AP hits some themes and leaves them open to explore. Other "galactic" themes are hit in other modules/APs an still open.

- Kasathas and their home world.
- Eox and their undead
- The Dominion of the Black

Based on a whim, IŽd do a runner-up camping to Iron Gods based on taming the Terrasque and throwing it again the Dominion...

We do have a ghoul bard who can already command the PF godzilla Mogaru via song. And my alchemist can almost build a clockwork Kaiju too.

Florian
2016-01-05, 02:51 PM
We do have a ghoul bard who can already command the PF godzilla Mogaru via song. And my alchemist can almost build a clockwork Kaiju too.

Then base your follow-up campaign on "We do what the gods canŽt do"/"Rovagug 4TW!"
ThereŽre no PF or D&D equivalent campaigns to adapt here. But you could use the CoC campaigns/modules At the Mountain of Madness and Innsmouth Horror as a basis for a runner up campaign and it would grog very nicely.

jesterjeff
2016-01-05, 03:50 PM
Leng pirates raid an asteroid mining colony.the asteroid belt was once a planet, the miners found an ancient technomancer's tomb. They stole a massive planar gate generator that is powered by stellar radiation. plan to open a permanent gate and invade the prime for slaves and colonization.
They also took a few eons old relics that can be used to summon various primordial entities that once birthed gods.-the Enterprise vs Cthulhu mythos or various void spawn kaiju.

icefractal
2016-01-05, 03:54 PM
There's a short sourcebook called Distant Worlds, about the other planets in the solar system with Golarion. It doesn't fully stat out everything, but it has a lot of locations that would be interesting to visit.

Thealtruistorc
2016-01-05, 06:21 PM
There is a lot of great pathfinder content geared towards the Dark Tapestry and the Lovecraft mythos. When heading into space at a high level, they should be the main villains. Have them subvert entire nations or even planets, and have the operate through powerful monster societies (Witchwyrds and Elder Things are swell) to try and bring their influence to Golarion.

Maybe add an intergalactic plague that kills off entire planets and reanimates them as void zombies or something along those lines. Perhaps have demented elementals based on aspects of nature never seen on Golarion.

Finally, Bestiary 5 has a lot of great options for this. Try out some of the monsters in that book, because the Anunnaki seem right up your ally.

unseenmage
2016-01-08, 11:11 PM
Took advice and posted over at the Paizo boards (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t8g5?Sequel-to-Iron-Gods).

Good advice was good.