PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spell writeup

Max Caysey
2016-01-04, 01:23 PM
Hey boys and girls...

I am looking for the writeup of a spell called Eagle Eyes from Dragon Anual #5. I have read about it, but have been unable to find it. Does anyone have the power to supply it? Either by posting a link of citing it here?

Thanks in advance

Flickerdart
2016-01-04, 02:32 PM
Dragon Annual #5 is not OGL content, so posting any content from it verbatim violates WotC's licensing. Linking to another source that reproduces that content (and thus also violates the license) is not kosher for obvious reasons.

Max Caysey
2016-01-04, 02:47 PM
Dragon Annual #5 is not OGL content, so posting any content from it verbatim violates WotC's licensing. Linking to another source that reproduces that content (and thus also violates the license) is not kosher for obvious reasons.

Indeed... Thought as much. What then if correct reference is used? And thus correct credited? If one can qoute stuff in academic writing surely one could write it up here and reference it correctly... yes?

Flickerdart
2016-01-04, 02:54 PM
It's not an issue of reference. It's an issue of taking a product that Wizards of the Coast charges money for, and making it publicly available for anyone to use without paying. As long as a random passer-by can look at a post and have everything he needs to use that spell in his game without paying for Dragon Annual #5, it's a violation of the license.

Max Caysey
2016-01-04, 03:21 PM
It's not an issue of reference. It's an issue of taking a product that Wizards of the Coast charges money for, and making it publicly available for anyone to use without paying. As long as a random passer-by can look at a post and have everything he needs to use that spell in his game without paying for Dragon Annual #5, it's a violation of the license.

Ok... I have to loan it at the library then.