PDA

View Full Version : lets safe the world

Myta
2016-01-04, 03:51 PM
so what are the options now to stop the fhpoh from executing his plan?
I dont expect anything of this to happen, since it would not really make a great story. I would assume it will be shown later that some of these have been impossible for reasons not known to us yet.

Since Hel bends the rules close to the breaking point ("The church of Hel cannot be held liable if the balcony just so happens to collapse under where you've foolishly chosen to stand"), at little rule bending should be ok, at least from the priests that are not lawful stupid.

Im not really good with d&d rules, so some of this might be impossible, and I would assume some of this was already mentioned somewhere, by someone else

-someone destroys the orb with a ranged weapon or a spell.
-fhpoh and exarch is destroyed by the high lvl priests (I would assume destroying the orb is easier)
-one of the yes-voter resigns.
-one of the yes-voter leaves through the windows, the walls, with teleport etc.
-one of the yes-voters is made to move out through some means that can be interpreted as not being an attack (if smashing the balcony right where someone stands is not an attack, there should be some ways that qualify). For example simply carrying.
-one of the bodyguard kills his priest who voted yes.
-someone warns the dwarfs via sending, teleport etc.
-the gods give the dwarfs a honorable way to die while everyone waits for the last vote.
-tell dvalin that he would violate his oath if he accepts a decision under domination.
-roy kills the new hpoh (his official function is still bodyguard of the hpoh, one could argue that he looses this function when there is a new hpoh, but unless this is explictitly stated in the rules, there is no reason to use this interpretation. even for the most lawful good person there should be no reason to interpret every rule in hels way when her intentions are clearly evil).
-the gods simply interpret the moot as being over since there was a short time in which there was no hpoh, since the fhoph obviously decided who the sucessor is AFTER resigning. Also he said he is resigning first, and THEN talked about the church protocols. So there was no successor inbetween.
-someone brings in a few more demigods that vote no (we can assume Hel already gathered everyone who agrees with her)
-the priests distract the lawful good ones and quickly kill the new hpoh before they react.
-they let in some fresh air and sunlight, which of course is not attacking anyone.

anymore creative ideas for saving the world? which of these would be actually impossible or at least very improbable from the d&d rules?

Killer Angel
2016-01-04, 04:06 PM
-roy kills the new hpoh (his official function is still bodyguard of the hpoh, one could argue that he looses this function when there is a new hpoh, but unless this is explictitly stated in the rules, there is no reason to use this interpretation. even for the most lawful good person there should be no reason to interpret every rule in hels way when her intentions are clearly evil).

-the priests distract the lawful good ones and quickly kill the new hpoh before they react.
-they let in some fresh air and sunlight, which of course is not attacking anyone.

I will address only these ones.

Roy attacking the new hpoh could be a workable loophole (but it seems strange that Durkula wasn't aware of it).

Regarding the other 2 hypotesys: well, leaving aside the new hpoh, the priests shouldn't have legal problems in killing the other (10?) vampires. After all, they're only vampires, they're not high priests of anyone and the current high priest of Hel can have just one bodyguard...