PDA

View Full Version : New Deadpool Trailer

Olinser
2016-01-04, 04:49 PM
So I didn't see another thread and the old Deadpool thread has dropped off, so made another one.

So new trailer was posted on Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

Not a lot of new info, mostly comedy that wasn't in the previous trailer. A bit of showcase of a couple people's powers.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this movie. This trailer just confirms that I think they're doing Deadpool right, and that this movie is going to be good.

EDIT - also, Colossus looks absolutely ****ing amazing. He wasn't that impressive when he appeared in X-Men 2 or Days of Future Past. This guy just LOOKS like he could rip you in half.

themaque
2016-01-04, 04:58 PM
What I like is that they have the exact same scenes as in earlier trailers, but with different jokes. This makes me hopeful that we will have all/mostly NEW jokes when we see it in theaters.

Also... the Bloopers/alternate scene reel for this will be worth a watch.

Pronounceable
2016-01-04, 05:10 PM
I've mostly stopped caring about superhero movies thanks to the deluge but this seems like something I'd want to watch. It looks good. Shame we won't get to see him meet Thor, that'd have been great.

Some Android
2016-01-05, 03:34 AM
Also... the Bloopers/alternate scene reel for this will be worth a watch.

Could not agree more.

Ravens_cry
2016-01-05, 03:58 AM
My quibble from the one trailer I've seen so far? Implied romantic subplot.
I've not read too much of the Merc with a Mouth, but, correct me if I am mistaken, if you're adding a love story (with a human!) to Deadpool, you're <wow, this swear word is a doozy, you should be glad you don't have to read it! it would pin back the ears of the crustiest sailor!/> doing it wrong.

Chives
2016-01-05, 06:36 AM
I've not read too much of the Merc with a Mouth, but, correct me if I am mistaken, if you're adding a love story (with a human!) to Deadpool, you're <wow, this swear word is a doozy, you should be glad you don't have to read it! it would pin back the ears of the crustiest sailor!/> doing it wrong.

One could say that it looks suspiciously similar to the Wolverine movie!
(I fully expect Wade to be stopped at the last second by an amped-up Hugh Jackman) :smallbiggrin:

themaque
2016-01-05, 09:12 AM

Half the Deadpool stories that stand out in my mind often had a romantic element to it. Not Scenes or quips or random nonsense, but actual STORIES involving the Merc with a Mouth.

Aotrs Commander
2016-01-05, 09:15 AM
Oh frag, this looks like it's gonna be hilarious.

Velaryon
2016-01-05, 01:19 PM
If this is even half as good as it looks, it will easily be far and away the best Marvel superhero film not made by Marvel.

lord_khaine
2016-01-05, 02:03 PM
It does look like they got a really good grip on the general tone of Deadpool, the quirps alone are worth going in to watch the movie for.

I did love "he was like that when i got here" and "thats why i brought him"

Manga Shoggoth
2016-01-05, 04:10 PM

I think from what little I have seen of the character that she's his girlfriend from before he becomes Deadpool, and they split up after he gets cancer and before he becomes Deadpool (his choice, incidentally).

Admittedly, the bulk of my knowledge comes from Death Battle...

Olinser
2016-01-05, 04:43 PM
I think from what little I have seen of the character that she's his girlfriend from before he becomes Deadpool, and they split up after he gets cancer and before he becomes Deadpool (his choice, incidentally).

Admittedly, the bulk of my knowledge comes from Death Battle...

Yeah my sense is that they were together pre-Deadpool, and he broke up with her after.

But that doesn't mean he's not going to be pissed when somebody he hates kidnaps her.

Chives
2016-01-05, 11:06 PM
Happily married to an immortal Egyptian archfiend named Shiklah. Nightcrawler preformed the ceremony and Cable was his best man.

Cristo Meyers
2016-01-05, 11:50 PM
So they gave Ryan Reynolds another chance? Not sure how surprised I am, really, considering his love for the source material, but considering the reaction his previous time as Deadpool...

And Gina Carrano as what I'm guessing is one of the major villains (imdb says Angel Dust, as I know nothing about Deadpool-lore that means nothing to me). That'll be something to watch. Liked her a lot in Haywire

Olinser
2016-01-06, 02:01 AM
So they gave Ryan Reynolds another chance? Not sure how surprised I am, really, considering his love for the source material, but considering the reaction his previous time as Deadpool...

And Gina Carrano as what I'm guessing is one of the major villains (imdb says Angel Dust, as I know nothing about Deadpool-lore that means nothing to me). That'll be something to watch. Liked her a lot in Haywire

Reynold's portrayal actually received very high marks from everybody that I've seen. It was just the idiotic ending with him having LOL ALL POWERS combined with not having a mouth that killed it in Wolverine. And it was hardly Reynolds fault that the director/writers screwed up the final fight so badly.

Hytheter
2016-01-06, 03:18 AM
Regarding Deadpool's romance:

The woman in the movie is Vanessa Carlysle AKA Copycat, and in the comics she has been one of Deadpool's notable on-again-off-again partners both pre- and post- cancer and Weapon X.

until she died

DigoDragon
2016-01-06, 08:03 AM
This kinda has that vibe of watching a MST3K'd movie, with the silly narrated quips throughout. I could go for that as I really want to just laugh at a super hero movie. This one could be decently funny.

EDIT - also, Colossus looks absolutely ****ing amazing. He wasn't that impressive when he appeared in X-Men 2 or Days of Future Past. This guy just LOOKS like he could rip you in half.

Yeah, I do like the presence of this Colossus.

the best Marvel superhero film not made by Marvel.

This should be the movie poster tagline. :smallbiggrin:

ben-zayb
2016-01-06, 09:42 AM
Reynold's portrayal actually received very high marks from everybody that I've seen. It was just the idiotic ending with him having LOL ALL POWERS combined with not having a mouth that killed it in Wolverine. And it was hardly Reynolds fault that the director/writers screwed up the final fight so badly.
Yeah, Reynolds didn't have a lot to work with given the script, but even nuances such as this (https://youtu.be/AiibN8EmIxE?t=100) makes me think that he actually cared for the role

Cristo Meyers
2016-01-06, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Reynolds didn't have a lot to work with given the script, but even nuances such as this (https://youtu.be/AiibN8EmIxE?t=100) makes me think that he actually cared for the role

He did. I remember he saying as much in interviews. It's the same reason he did Green Lantern.

My surprise came more from it wouldn't be the first time the studio laid a script at the actor's feet and then blamed them for not saving it.

MLai
2016-01-07, 11:53 PM
My surprise came more from it wouldn't be the first time the studio laid a script at the actor's feet and then blamed them for not saving it.
That increases my confidence that this movie will be good. Because the suits seem to have a clue.

Cristo Meyers
2016-01-08, 09:24 AM
That increases my confidence that this movie will be good. Because the suits seem to have a clue.

Someone in production does, at any rate. Probably the difference between making a Deadpool movie and making a Wolverine movie with 'Deadpool' and Gambit in it for 15 seconds.

I'm pretty confident that it'll be entertaining at least, though I know next to nothing about Deadpool aside from the very baseline stuff. Hell, I learned things about the lore from the trailer.

Zmeoaice
2016-01-08, 11:25 AM
This should be the movie poster tagline. :smallbiggrin:

With Spider Man 1&2, X2, FC, and DOFP, it's still a pretty high bar. More like "The Best Marvel movie made by FOX without X-Men in the title"

Olinser
2016-01-08, 05:54 PM
Someone in production does, at any rate. Probably the difference between making a Deadpool movie and making a Wolverine movie with 'Deadpool' and Gambit in it for 15 seconds.

I'm pretty confident that it'll be entertaining at least, though I know next to nothing about Deadpool aside from the very baseline stuff. Hell, I learned things about the lore from the trailer.

Eh, Deadpool can be summarized pretty well one sentence:

He's a crazy bastard with super regeneration whose comic books sell on the basis of extreme violence, ridiculous comedy, and the fact that he has medium awareness that he is a superhero in a comic book.

ben-zayb
2016-01-08, 06:28 PM
He's a crazy bastard with super regeneration whose comic books sell on the basis of extreme violence, ridiculous comedy, and the fact that he has medium awareness that he is a superhero in a comic book.Yup, that described Lobo pretty well.