PDA

View Full Version : [5e] Zman's Heroes for Hire Ia

Zman
2016-01-04, 08:42 PM
West of Gordondale

Luna, having transformed into a horse in the flash of an eye with Phynn riding takes off towards the west, towards the carriage... Darkness is falling and it'll be nigh dark before they arrive...

Temp IC thread till reunited!

[roll0][roll1]

ncpunkin
2016-01-05, 12:04 PM
Luna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=637943)

Luna would steer off towards the moor and trot towards cover. She signals to Phynn her limit and waits for him to dismount, before shifting out back into a wood elf. She looks to Phynn and then around in the darkness,[Elvish] "This may not be easy." She waits for a moment, [Elvish]"What is the plan? I can conjure a light, but it'll give away our position."

Fishybugs
2016-01-05, 01:16 PM
Phynn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=611214)

Phynn looks around the area briefly before answering. (Elvish)"I think they wanted to get as far from here as quickly as possible. If they left a guard, then hopefully seeing our large armed party earlier scared them off. Let's see how far we can get with our eyes before creating a light."

Tracking: [roll0] +Guidance [roll1] Roll for advantage from Luna assisting: [roll2]

We'll follow the trail as well as we can using our Darkvision, and cast light if we need it.

Zman
2016-01-05, 09:39 PM
Following the Trail

Phynn is able to find the trail once again, but the going is awefully slow in the dark. Even Elven eyes have difficulty with detail in the dark...

The day has been long and they begin to grow weary...

DC5 Con Check or suffer one level of exhaustion, either way this covers tracking and staying up all night.

Also a stealth check if you are being stealthy.

Fishybugs
2016-01-05, 09:52 PM

Phynn follows the trail as far as he can then sits on a fallen log and looks around. He pulls a ration from his pack and chews slowly on it while looking further up the trail, thinking. He offers some rations to Luna and the two rest, obviously comfortable in the silence before Phynn finally speaks.

[roll0]

EDIT: *whew*

"(Elven) I'm good to keep going, but I think we'll need some light from here on out...of course we'll be a better target, so we'll have to move cautiously from here on out. How are you feeling?"

ncpunkin
2016-01-06, 12:12 AM

Luna follows just off side of Phynn scanning for signs he may have missed. The moment of respite couldn't have come a moment later. Luna sits down gracefully next to Phynn and takes the ration with a smile, [Elvish]"Thank you, Brother."

Despite the long run from Gordondale, Luna felt ready to go. [Elvish]"I'm ready to continue on." She chimes as she finishes her ration. Luna would stand up and cause a puff of flame to ignite from her totem, [Elvish]"I think this'll be a little easier to hide if the need arises." Luna looks away from Phynn into the woods around them.

[roll0]

ncpunkin
2016-01-06, 12:19 AM
Throwing the perception check I rped here.

[roll0]

Double Digit Perception check!

Fishybugs
2016-01-06, 12:57 AM
Phynn

After the quick break, Phynn continues tracking with the help of Luna's light.

tracking: [roll0] + [roll1] guidance Advantage for assistance from Luna: [roll2]

EDIT: Nailed it! Those guys are ours!!!

Zman
2016-01-06, 12:56 PM
With the aid of the light Phynn finds himself able to easily track the attacks, he even found some spots of blood, it looks like at least one of the attacks was injured in the assault on the Noblewoman's carriage.

Stealth Checks, to see how quiet you are as the conjured light makes hiding very difficult.

Fishybugs
2016-01-06, 01:01 PM
Sneaky sneaky check: [roll0] Not sure what terrain we're in right now, but advantage if we're in grasslands for favored terrain: [roll1]

Who needs advantage when you roll a crit? I'm basically an Invisible Stalker at this point, I think...I'm scared of what Luna is about to roll though.....

ncpunkin
2016-01-06, 01:44 PM
Trying to be as sneaky sneaky [roll0]

Nope :S

Fishybugs
2016-01-06, 02:19 PM
Trying to be as sneaky sneaky [roll0]

Nope :S

I'll have to remember to cast Guidance on you from now on. Not sure why I haven't been, to be honest. Hopefully my crit will offset your roll a bit. For the remainder of this tracking, assume Phynn will cast guidance on Luna for any skill checks.

Continue following the trail, after reminding Luna that maybe singing isn't the quietest way to proceed along.

ncpunkin
2016-01-06, 08:08 PM

Luna blushes and quiets her nervous humming. It was getting clear by the blood they were getting closer.

Zman
2016-01-06, 09:29 PM
Tracking the Attackers

As Luna and Phynn are following the blood trail.... They hear a shout of warning from ahead, then catch flickering light outside of what must be a cave mouth... A passing shadow... There is a pause, a second of silence, and then a scream. A woman's scream echoes out of the cave opening...

[roll0]

Fishybugs
2016-01-08, 11:37 AM

Phynn thinks momentarily, understanding the odds here. He looks to Luna, who has trusted him for months to lead her in the right direction and a lump rises in his throat. He utters a small prayer to his god, then places his hand on her shoulder and speaks softly to her.

(Elven)"The other's should be right behind us. They could be here any time. Head back to the road and bring them back here as quickly as possible, Little Sister. Do not come back until you find them. We will need them to rescue her. I will keep them distracted until you are back.

Deception+guidance: [roll0] + [roll1]

DAMN! I was hoping to save one of us. She still has to roll a contested roll though, right? With Luna's rolls, I still have a pretty good shot.

ncpunkin
2016-01-08, 12:22 PM

Luna was motionless as she listened, [Elven]"No brother...they are at least three hours away and I am not leaving you." She looks over to the cave and readies her nerves, [E]"We are the only ones who can save the hand maiden." Luna tried to see if she could spot the intruder's torch again, [Sylvan]"Silvanus, help us."

[roll0] + [roll1]

Fishybugs
2016-01-08, 12:48 PM

Phynn sighs in resignation and looks at Luna. "Then let us get this young woman back home."

Phynn readies his bow and nocks an arrow, ready to fire at the first glimpse of any raider. One more deep breath, a quick prayer to Rillifane Rallathil, and he sets out slowly toward the cave.

Stealth: [roll0] + [roll1]
Perception: [roll2] + [roll3]

Guidance on Luna as well.

ncpunkin
2016-01-08, 01:30 PM
Deleted

[roll0] + [roll1]

Zman
2016-01-08, 02:34 PM
Another scream and gagging sound can be heard coming from the mouth of the cave, and some shouting can be heard from the occupants. Suddenly a torch is thrown out of the mouth maybe twenty feet, shedding light around the whole cave opening....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GQxKItzj_pHbPeeti0Klmv1DvFqz6gSKG35D1l6L7-U/edit?usp=sharing

You can rehide, but none have sight to you currently and they are aware of your presence when you tipped off their watch before he went inside the cave mouth. You are currently about 80' from the entrance to the cave and Luna is still shedding light which makes Phynn hiding kind of moot.

Currently on out of Combat time, but they won't be surprised now.

ncpunkin
2016-01-08, 10:37 PM

Luna looks at Phynn and nods,[Elven] "I'll draw their attention outwards" She is off in a flash as he is. She would give herself fifteen feet and then dismiss the flame. The shortbow lifts up in her hand and she fires towards the mouth of the cave, hoping to catch the man who tossed the torch.

Target, the first person I see as I move to O19

Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Fishybugs
2016-01-09, 01:15 AM
Phynn

Phynn sighs as Luna charges off, then rushes toward the cave, ready to fire an arrow should anyone show themselves. When he closes to 30 feet of the torch, Phynn molds the earth over the torch, snuffing the flame.

run to Y17, with an action readied to fire my arrow if I see a target who isn't Luna or the maiden.

[roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] for crit

When he's close enough to the torch, he'll shape earth to swallow the torch

Zman
2016-01-09, 05:09 PM
Luna misses th cave entrance as she extinguishes the flame... Phynn is able to extinguish he torch his a quick spell...

As they both approach the cave entrance they can see that it is almost a tunnel, maybe twenty or twenty five foot of jagged stone before opening into a wider cavern, light can be seen coming from what must be a fire in he center of the room. A man's quick glance is the only indication that they are there and ready before disappearing again.

Another muffled dream followed by a harsh, "Shut it!"

We were out of combat, as no enemy was visible to the attacks automatically miss. As soon as any enemy is visible we gotta roll initiative!

Initiative!
Luna[roll0]
Phynn[roll1]

?[roll2]
??[roll3]
???[roll4]

Edit: Phynn will be up first, I'll have to get the map updated your you guys,may not happen till tomorrow.

Fishybugs
2016-01-10, 07:41 PM

Phynn studies the area, not liking what he sees. What are we going to do here, he thinks to himself. We have to stretch this out until the others can arrive. A few more moments pass while he thinks. Oh! It's worth a try.

Phynn signals Luna to meet him closer to the cave entrance, and moves closer to the entrance, ducking behind cover. As Luna joins him, he says to her, (Elvish)"Little Sister, does this situation not remind you of that time outside Essembra? Could we try that again?"

He looks hopefully to Luna, running out of ideas which don't involve storming the cave entrance.

Move to S13, if that is indeed cover.

ncpunkin
2016-01-10, 08:41 PM

Luna was watching Phynn as he stops in the rush, What are you doing? but the signal is all she needs to rush to him. She kneels behind the boulder and tries to peer around; to the mouth of the cave. Phynn's suggestion causes her to lighten up, [Elven]"It may work and if anything it'll buy us time." Luna would chant in Sylvan for a moment, and with her totem in hand she reaches touches Phynn, [Sylvan]"Awe like the Eagle, Brother."

She would wait until he moves of to the cave, so he can't stop her. Luna would move off towards the other side, but stops shy of going around the boulder fully.

Goes to Phynn. (S14)->(T15)

Casts Enhance Ability - Target Phynn

Eagle’s Splendor. The target has advantage on Charisma checks.

Fishybugs
2016-01-10, 09:04 PM

(Elven)"Just like before. Be ready to cover my retreat should it be necessary." A quic k prayer to his god, and Phynn ducked around the corner and heads toward the cave, hands raised and open, palms forward.

(Common) "There, in the cave. Parley!! My friends and I just missed you at the carriage. How much are you selling the girl for? We could use extra hands on our trek and I'll triple my money taking her out west, but I want her no more injured than she is now. It's hard to sell a bruised, scarred face."

Okay. Cast guidance on myself, and I have advantage on charisma checks:

Persuasion: [roll0] or [roll1] plus [roll2]

EDIT: Are you effing kidding me? Time for plan B, Luna....

Zman
2016-01-10, 09:58 PM
Gruff Voice

Phynn recieved a gruff response, "A lot of trouble for a girl... But I'm not without a brain or love of coin. If you've got gold, we can parlay."

A woman's whimpers can be heard before he continues, "Come inside and we'll deal."

Fishybugs
2016-01-10, 10:14 PM
Phynn

"Send one person and the girl out, and we'll talk! Otherwise I seal off the cave entrance and leave you all in there!

Zman
2016-01-10, 10:29 PM
Gruff Voice

The man yells back almost laughing, "No, you won't. I'll spill hear guts on the floor and let you listen to the screams.". The threat is followed by the sound of a fist hitting flesh and a moan of pain from the handmaiden...

Fishybugs
2016-01-10, 10:47 PM
Phynn

Phynn reaches up and grabs his holy symbol and mutters a quick prayer.

Mold earth, shape some of the floor and pack it against the wall to make it look like the tunnel is narrowing.

Zman
2016-01-10, 10:59 PM
As the dirt begins to move the only answer is a woman's screams, true bloody murder screams of pain.

ncpunkin
2016-01-10, 11:36 PM

Luna cringes at the scream, but hardens herself. She moves around to the cave and tries to hide around the edge. Not good, not good.

[roll0]

Moved to Y13 from T14

Zman
2016-01-10, 11:53 PM
Gruff Voice

Luna had no doubt hey caught her approach, "I though you wanted to deal?! Now threats and magics?! Is ot worth her life?!"

Fishybugs
2016-01-11, 12:31 AM
Phynn

"Her life means nothing to me aside from some convenient gold! Is it worth YOUR life?"

Deception roll: (come on!) [roll0] or [roll1] + [roll2] guidance

Phynn was starting to worry. Of course, he knew he couldn't shut the girl in there. Why were the bandits so persistent? He looked to Luna and nodded. Be ready, Little Kitten. It's time to go.

Zman
2016-01-11, 08:32 AM
Gruff Voice

After a moments pause, "Fair enough, but I'm not stupid enough to send her out with just one man, I don't trust you. He'll be full of bolts and the girl gone before we can blink."

Moments later a man can be glimpsed holding a woman in front of him if you peer through the cave opening, "You and your men come in and we'll deal, after all you stalked us and tried to sneak up on us... dishonest dealings so far. Trust is earned! And it goes both ways! A fair deal is a fair deal."

Fishybugs
2016-01-11, 04:01 PM
Staying behind cover, Phynn signals for Luna to join him again. "We may be able to buy some time. They must be at least mildly nervous about us. It is dark, let's rest a little and see how much of the night we can pass without conflict. They won't want to fight in the dark. I'll watch first. Eat and rest, Little Sister."

Phynn watches the cave mouth for signs of action, but makes no advances towards it.

Zman
2016-01-11, 04:06 PM
Gruff Voice

As Phynn and Luna become momentarily silent, "Hey! Why so quiet?"

How far away are Phynn and Luna going to be?

ncpunkin
2016-01-11, 09:01 PM

Luna finds a small crevice, that is hidden, near where they had fallen back to. She quickly ate some food and drank some water from her waterskin. . She looks up to Phynn, [Elven]"Wake me at any sign of danger.". She clears her mind, closes her eyes and in moments she is in a trance.

Zman
2016-01-11, 09:34 PM
Before Luna and Phynn have time to rest five men come pouring out of the cave mouth, most have torches in hand and blades in their other hands... The first three out of the cave mouth are wearing leathers and have short blades and torches, the forth studded leather and a long blade and torch, the last carries a wicked flail, a scarred shield, and is wearing worn and marked scalemail...

Initiative
Luna[roll0]
Phynn[roll1]

B1[roll2]Leather
B2[roll3]Leather
B3[roll4]Leather
BS[roll5] Studded Leather
BV[roll6]Scalemail

Initiative
Phynn
B1, BV
BS
Luna
B2, B3

Fishybugs
2016-01-12, 10:53 AM

Before Luna can even get fully in to a trance, Phynn is rousing her. Phynn stays hidden behind the boulder, and waits to see what the bandits do.

EDIT: Ready an action: Guiding Bolt to any bandit who behaves aggressively toward us. I want to see their intentions before I act.

Since this is an edit, I'll roll the to hit and damage in the OOC in case it's needed.

Zman
2016-01-12, 10:06 PM
If you two are hiding I'll need stealth checks. Then I'll do some corresponding perceptions at disadvantage due to light.

Fishybugs
2016-01-12, 11:07 PM
Stealth roll: [roll0] Guidance [roll1]

ncpunkin
2016-01-12, 11:34 PM

Luna looks up at Phynn as she is shaken instantly. She would remain motionless as he crouches beside her.

Stealth [roll0] + Guidance [roll1]

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:57 AM
Bandits

As all five men come rushing out of the cave their eyes peering with the torchlight into the dark... None seem to find where Luna and Phynn are hiding... One, a younger man with a slight lisp pleads with their leader, "Iz dontz likes it Bozz, don't likes it at all." another middle aged man asks, "Should we hunt them down?"

Boss

You recognize the gruff voice as the man with the shield responds, "Na, best stay close. Get in there and pack up, we aren't sticking around." he directs two of the men inside.

Middleaged Bandit

One of the men responds back, "What of the girl?"

Boss

Their leader thinks for a second, "Slit her throat. She was fun while it lasted, but we were paid to kill em all, and I'm not ruining a perfectly good contract on account of a bit of fun."

Two of the men begin heading back into the cave...

Perception at Disadvantage
B1[roll0]
B2[roll1]
B3[roll2]
BS[roll3]
BV[roll4]

Fishybugs
2016-01-13, 03:10 PM

Phynn looks to Luna and gives a curt nod, (Elven) Little Sister, my life has been enriched by the time spent traveling with you. Strike hard, and strike fast. The leader first. If we can take him out quickly, it may dishearten the others."

Phynn spins around, breaking cover and sneaks closer to the bandits. When he spies the bandit leader, he grabs his holy symbol hanging at his chest and pauses momentarily in silent prayer to Rillifane Rallathil, Help us through this tough situation, Rillifane. I've done my best to honor you. Aloud he mutters, "Help me to smite this servant of disorder and evil."

If moving to T16 provides less cover for the boss, then Phynn will move there prior to casting Guiding Bolt. If it will be the same cover either way, then he'll just cast from where he is.

Stealth check: [roll0] plus [roll1] guidance

Attack roll with advantage for Guiding Bolt: [roll2] or [roll3]

for [roll4] damage.

ncpunkin
2016-01-13, 03:42 PM
Deleted

Heat Metal -> Scale Mail Guy
[roll0]
If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn’t drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
[roll1] Constitution Check for Scale Mail Guy.

Stealth
[roll2] + Guidance [roll3]

Bonus Action - Brown Bear

Move to S15 and pray to Silvanus we don't die.

Zman
2016-01-13, 05:56 PM
As Phynn moves up he utters an incantation and sends a burst of searing light at his opponent, his spell connecting and momentarily illuminating his foe...

Hit, had to move Phynn to T15, the furthest he can move. Remember the second and every other diagnol costs 10' not 5' to avoid skewed maps.

Edit: Luna is not up yet according to initiative order, her action will be delayed if applicable.

Zman
2016-01-13, 06:02 PM
Gruff Voice-Boss

Caught unaware, the Bandit boss moves towards Phynn swinging that nasty flail at him... the first blow knocking him back, the second almost caving in his skull...

You cast a spell with visible light, are now standing in dim light, and had verbal and somatic components. You cannot stealth in this situation, also you wouldn't have had a chance to cast Guidance.

Flail vs Phynn
Attack[roll0]Damage[roll1]Critical[roll2]
Multiattack[roll3]Damage[roll4]Critical[roll5]

Ouch, 15 Damage.

Lispy Bandit

The youth charges forward torch in one hand, short blade in the other.... and as Phyn is distracted he is able to make a slash against his hamstring, not lethal or debilitating, but it was close...

Attack[roll6]Damage[roll7]Critical[roll8]

Damn, 6 Damage.

Luna is up, obviously you can delete your last post if this would have changed your actions at all.j

Edit: Also, stealthing while casting spells with either visual effects or verbal components makes stealth a no go, casting spells with somatic components makes stealth very difficult as well.

ncpunkin
2016-01-13, 07:47 PM

Luna swallows her nerves and nods, [Elven]"Yes Brother. We can't let up." Luna would go around the other side trying to be as equally stealthy. She begins to chant as she sees the bolt fling through the air. The moment it misses or hits, Luna would finish her incantation and her flow of magical energy into the armor. In a few moments it would begin to glow red. Once Luna had broke cover she rushed toward the melee and suddenly shifts into a bear. Giving out a deep growl she rushes towards the lispy bandit.

Heat Metal -> Scale Mail Guy
[roll0] = 9
If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn’t drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
[roll1] = 7 Constitution Check for Scale Mail Guy.

Stealth
[roll2] + Guidance [roll3]

Bonus Action - Brown Bear

Move to T14 and pray to Silvanus we don't die.

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:15 PM
As Luna's spell coalesces the bandit leader's mails begins to glow bright red, searing his skin as he begins to bake....

Bandit Lieutenant

The man shouts out a curse as Luna shifts into bear form, he yells back towards the cave, "Git your asses out here!"

With a torch in one hand and long blade in the other he slashes at Luna's flanks...

Luna is flanked, will need Con checks if wounded. I forgot about his turn before Luna's, I'm just shifting him down to a in with B2 and B3.

Attack[roll0]Damage[roll1][roll2]
Multi attack[roll3]Damage[roll4][roll5]

Two hits for 17 Damage, yikes! Two DC10 Con saves to maintain concentration on heat metal.

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:17 PM
Bandits

Moments later the two men come bustling out of the cave... Their eyes growing wide at the sight of the ferocious bear...

Move/Dash

Phynn
BV, B1
Luna
BS, B2, B3

Fishybugs
2016-01-13, 09:34 PM
Phynn repeats his incantation and hurls another bolt at the leader.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:46 PM
Phynn lands a devastatingly precise attack with his scimitar.... But the bandit leader is able to avoid the strike...just barely.

[roll0][roll1]

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:49 PM
Boss

The bandit leader attempts to land telling strikes on Phynn as his armor still Sears his skin... Despite the debilitation he manages to land a solid blow to the side of Phynn's head, it was followed by a flash of light and a floating feeling that seemed to last forever as Phynn's body feel to the ground. Then blackness.

Attack[roll]d20+5[/roll[roll0]]Damage[roll1][roll2]
Multi Attack[roll3][roll4]Damage[roll5][roll6]

Damn, that knocks Phynn down.

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:50 PM
Whoops, missed one.
[roll0]

Zman
2016-01-13, 09:55 PM
Lisps

The young bandit strikes out with his story blade, trying to hamstring the massive bear...

[roll0][roll1][roll2] with +3 for Flanking it hits.

4 Damage and another Con check.

Luna is up.

Fishybugs
2016-01-14, 12:14 AM
are you sure I was hit? AC 16. First roll was 18 and 10, next was like 20 and 15 or something?

ncpunkin
2016-01-14, 01:42 PM

Luna stares in disbelief, Phynn... Her entire vision fills with murderous red. She raises her claw and attempts to dismember the Bandit Leader, [Bear]"I will Kill you ALL" *ROAR* She would come down with her entire strength, before aiming a bite at his midsection.

Claw [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
MA Bite: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:05 PM
Luna's blow rocks Boss, his armor still smoldering from the broken spell her claws bite into the scales ripping a dozen from his armor, had he not turned just in time it would have been his entrails on the ground...

Bandit Lieutenant

The groups leader's body language acts as a que for the rest of his men to quickly join the battle, each taking position to surround the rampaging bear, using pack tactics striking when safe fearful of those devastating claws and nasty bite...

The lieutenant strikes first with his long blade seeing an opening... his blade slicing across her hind quarters, the second across her front... arm... as her bear form melts away Luna is once again a small Elven girl... dwarfed in size by the men surrounding her...

Phynn dropped him below half HP bloodying him.

Lieutenant
MultiAttack[roll3]Damage[roll4][roll5]

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:11 PM
Boss

The leader seeing her form melt away shouts at his men, "Take her alive!", his tone and dark smile unerving...

Bandits

The two men who most recently joined the fray close the circle around her striking out with their blades in an attempt to take her down...

Attack[roll3]Damage[roll4][roll5]

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:15 PM
Boss

The big man wastes not time before unceremoniously lashing out at Luna with his flail... but unlike the attacks aimed at Phynn these aren't meant to be lethal... but his care with his attacks allowed Luna to dodge them..."The more you resist the harder this is going to be!"

Attack[roll0][roll1][roll2]
MultiAttack[roll3][roll4][roll5]

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:18 PM
Lispy Bandit

The youth is shaky but follows orders... and he hesitates, passing up his opportunity to club Luna on the back of the head...

Need a Death save from Phynn and Luna is up!

Initiative
Phynn
BV, B1
Luna
BS, B2, B3

Fishybugs
2016-01-14, 02:18 PM
first death saving throw:
[roll0]

Are you freaking KIDDING ME?????

ncpunkin
2016-01-14, 02:20 PM

Luna feels the blades rip her apart until her magic can no longer sustain. She drops her second form and then to her knees. She looks at the bandits and turns to Phynn, "Let me heal him." She says and does so regardless of their words. Luna touches Phynn where his head is indented. Tears flow down her cheeks as she just kept healing until she was spent.

They'll have to stop me from casting cure wounds every round until Phynn is 100%

[roll0]

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:23 PM
Luna's desperate plea for her companion coalses into radient energy, Phynn's feels life returning to his body, though weak, his eyes open.

Phynn is conscious with 6HP and one level of Exhaustion, currently your enemies may not realize you are conscious.

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:26 PM
Liutenant

Unaware Luna's plea for her companion was accompanied by divine magics, the Bandit Liutenant snarls, "Surrender and live!"

If refused he brinds the butt of his blade down towards her head... but she is not as defenseless as she appears and Luna dodges his overconfident strikes...

MultiAttack[roll3][roll4][roll5]

Umm.... wow, for how terribly the rolls were working out before, they've turned the opposite!

The two mooks are up now.

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:29 PM
Bandits

As Luna is proving extremely difficult to pin down, the men attempt to tag team her and bring her down... one of the men leaps on top of her almost crushing her with his body weight, the other takes the opportunity to smack the butt of his blade into the back of Luna's skull.... the blackness takes her almost immediately, the next few moments lasting an eternity time slows to a standstill...

Attack[roll3][roll4][roll5]

And Luna is unconscious. No need for Death Saves.

Phynn is up.

Fishybugs
2016-01-15, 04:42 PM

Phynn feels Luna's healing spell infuse him with a little bit of life. He starts to get up, but sees Luna go down out of the corner of his eye, so lies back down and closes his eyes, feigning unconsciousness. Buy some time, Phynn, he thinks to himself. You'll figure this out.

Deception: [roll0] and in case I have advantage due to their distraction and the fact that I was previous actually knocked out, [roll1]

Zman
2016-01-15, 05:00 PM
Boss

As Luna and Phynn apparently go down for the count, the big man with the gruff voice holds his side and utters a curse at Luna not meant for civilized society, "Damnit, at least it looks like they were alone, must of tracked us." He pauses staring at Luna and Phynn's unmoving bodies, "Make sure he doesn't die, bind them both.... maybe they'll fetch enough coin for their trouble in Thentia."

Lispy

The young man steps forward as if hesitant, "Bu...bu...but she turned into a bear??"

He continues acting like he is checking Phynn's health, in reality this boy is inexperienced and has no idea how to check if someone is dying or not. He appears to be too busy faking checking Phynn that he doesn't notice he isn't unconscious.

Lieutenant

The obvious second in command interjects with a gravely voice, "Spellcasters.... gotta wave their arms around and chant a bit to get their magics workin. Bind her hands and gag her, if she tries anything we'll cut out her tongue just to be safe." The second in command looks at the boss, "What of the girl? If people are looking we best fulfill our end of the contract."

Boss

The leader thinks for a second nodding when his second mentions binding and gagging luna before speaking, "Bind and gag both. She's pretty, the Elven girl will be worth more unspoiled, you boys can have some more fun tonight with the servant girl, we'll slit her throat in the morning and leave at first light. Contract is a contract." His last words are said coldly, coolly. His proclamations are met with grumbles, it appears two of the men were eyeing Luna.

Lispy Med check and Insight [roll0][roll1]

ncpunkin
2016-01-15, 11:06 PM

Luna rests in her black slumber unaware of what was happening.

Fishybugs
2016-01-16, 04:00 PM
Phynn continues lying still, buying time for Luna to come around. He listens carefully, and pays attention to what is going on around him.

[roll0] perception

Zman
2016-01-16, 06:52 PM
Prisoners

Phynn keeps his eyes closed and his body limp as the young bandit binds his arms and legs with rope, then a sour tasting piece of cloth is tied around his face to gag his mouth. Phynn can hear the same being done to Luna, a soft unconscious whimper as she is rolled over. The young man roughly drags them one at a time into the cave, a rock catches his elbow and Phynn has to catch himself from wincing in pain. He is thrown up against a cold and uncomfortable a few moments later Luna's unconscious body it tossed up against him, her breathing is heavy but even.

Some of the bandits were discussing the contract, wondering who could have hired them. Apparently only Boss knew the contact. They were hired to kill everyone in that carriage, and to do it before they reached land belonging to Glister. Boss met the contact in Thentia.

Phynn is careful, only opening his eyes a crack but he is able to catch a glimpse of the handmaiden. She is gaged, bound, and has been abused and the men coninue to abuse her. The sounds of her sobs will never leave Phynn. After an hour most of the bandits went to bed, Phynn could hear each of their breathing when he couldn't see them. Luna's breathing was light and steady, and the handmaiden sobbed herself to sleep through her gag. Only one bandit was awake on watch, and he was near the cave entrance.

Phynn notices a change in Luna's breathing as she begins to wake.

It is a little after midnight.

Zman
2016-01-16, 10:26 PM
Bound and Waiting

While Luna and Phynn do their best to remain comfortable and regain their strength, the guard changes once. When the guard is switching the Lieutenant comes over and gives both Luna and Phynn a swift kick gauging if they have regained consciousness yet. He throws a bit more wood on the dying embers. Satisfied, he takes up watch just outside the cave and one of the younger guards gets himself comfortable.

Short Rest complete. You may recover HP using your Hit dice. You cannot gain the benefits of a full nights rest while bound as such.

DC17 Dex to free yourself, DC17 Str to burst the bindings.

ncpunkin
2016-01-17, 01:36 PM

Luna took the kick and whimpers through her gag. She fights the urge to mutter insults and stays still through meditation. Luna would wait until her body felt fit to change again. Time to go Phynn, Luna would shift into a small rat. The binds fall from her mouth and hands. Luna flip spins to her feet and crawls to Phynn.

She gets behind him and gnaws at the ropes, Break, Come on, Break

Stealth: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

1 Damage!

Fishybugs
2016-01-17, 05:36 PM

I think I remember you saying I could try to get out once per short rest. I should have had two short rests before Luna had a wildshape available (one while she was unconscious and one while she was taking a short rest after she woke).

Second short rest try: Dex attempt:

If that doesn't work, then I'll wait until she chews the rope, DEX check with advantage

[roll1] or [roll]d20 +3

Phynn continues to lie as still as possible, working at his bonds behind his back. After Luna has chewed through the ropes a bit, he is finally able to slip loose of the ropes. He returns circulation to his hands as Luna works on the maiden's ropes, Whenever you are ready, Little Sister.

As Luna shifts to a horse, I will help the maiden on to her back, then jump on Luna and hold tight.

Zman
2016-01-17, 10:08 PM
As Luna chews through the ropes, Phynn is able to slip his hands free and untie his feet.

Will need a stealth check for Phynn.

If Luna is turning into a Horse(which was the plan I came up with myself), you don't need to untie the handmaiden,must toss her on and storm out.

Longer you take, the more likely you get caught.

Fishybugs
2016-01-17, 10:15 PM

I'll wait until the sentry is at his furthest point from me before acting. [roll0]

Phynn assesses the situation and realizes he won't have time to untie the handmaiden. He sneaks to her and whispers, "Remain silent, we're getting out of here." He then helps her atop Luna and jumps up behind her, and holds on tight.

Zman
2016-01-17, 11:00 PM
As Phynn is getting himself onto his feat his foot slides making more noise than he'd have liked. He can hear the guard call into the cave asking if everything is ok... They have literally seconds before the Bandits wake. Without being able to even stretch the fatigue of being bound it of his limbs, he has to quickly gab the handmaiden and hoist her up.

As Phynn reaches for the handmaiden, she flinches from his touch. He has little time and is forced to use his strength to get her cooperation.

As Phynn struggles with the handmaiden, Luna seamlessly transforms back into an Elven girl, then again her form shifted and expanded, she added bulk and size into the large form of a horse. Seconds from a small weasel that could fit in Phynn's hands into the full form of a horse he could ride.

As Luna grows stealth becomes near impossible in the confines of the cave. A shout of alarm as Boss is woken from a slumber to the sight of freed prisoners and a horse.

Without wasting any time Phynn hoists he handmaiden onto Luna's back, and follows himself. As soon as Luna has her riders she takes off, barreling down the tunnels and bursting throu the opening, knocking the leuitenant out of the way and suffering a deep gash in her side for the trouble, but not enough to slow her or stop her. Into the dark she rides, two passengers clinging tight for their lives, shouts of angered bandits being left behind...

ncpunkin
2016-01-18, 04:27 PM

Luna does her best to triangulate the correct path to Gordondale, via the stars and with any of Phynn's suggestions. She would keep running until this body's bonds became to much to hold. She almost spills everyone overboard, but careens to a stop and signifies her form's end with a tiny buck. Moments after she was unburdened her body shifts to her normal form. She looks to Phynn angrily, seems on verge of slapping him, but suddenly hugs his neck tight, [Elvish]"Never tell me to leave you again!"

She looks to the handmaiden and drops to her knees, "You are safe. I am Luna Shadowstep of the Emerald Enclave." She would take care not to startle the human as she unbound her, "What is your name?"

Trying to B-line for Gordondale instead of tracking back to the carriage and following the road.
[roll0] If Phynn can help [roll1]

If survival can be used +2

Zman
2016-01-18, 04:47 PM
Luna is able to make a line in the dark through rough terrain and managed to cut a good portion of time off their travels as her hooves once again find the road, they are half way back to Gordondale before the magics holding her form together begin to falter. Likely safe from pursuit they finally have a chance to breath as they tackle the remaining two hour walk in the dead of night, their senses open...

Handmaiden

The young woman has tears of joy streaming down her face as the moonlight offers her little aid in seeing her rescuers. With almost a whimper, she softly speak beginning to hold her head higher, "Mmm.... my... name is Sara. Sara... Beldoran." She freezes for a second, "Thank you." You notice she can't seem to bring herself to look at Phynn and speaks only at Luna.

You've heard the name Sara Beldoran before, as in the Lady Sara Beldoran the future heir of Glister.

Fishybugs
2016-01-18, 05:20 PM
*blink* Oh myyyy. *blink*

ncpunkin
2016-01-18, 07:38 PM
Luna

Luna was taken aback, "My Lady!" She immediately looks over to Phynn for a moment, "We are headed to Gordondale right now.". She would stand herself and offer a hand, "Maybe we should take a moments rest." Luna says as she tries to shift again and fails, "I'll be able to shift again in a moment." Luna finally does what she had wanted to do for some time. She lays back in the grass and looks up at the stars.

Zman
2016-01-19, 08:36 AM
Lady Sara Beldoran

The young woman does her best to hold her head high, "I've no need to rest or be pampered... I ... I just want to get home." at that she begins to cry. As you look closer past her golden locks, past the dirt and grime, you realize that she is maybe sixteen years old, she has lost her guards, her handmaiden, she has been through hell, and she is still far from home with no recourse but to trust Elven strangers.

ncpunkin
2016-01-19, 09:28 AM

Luna closes her eyes and listens to her desires, "Yes M'Lady, we intend to." Luna's eyes flutter open as she sits up again. Her strength was coming back, but slowly. [Elven]"I'm almost ready Phynn." Luna took a look around and wipes some dirt from her person. Luna looks up to the Sara and stands up, "Okay, I think I can do this again." Once Phynn returns she shifts into her warhorse form. She looks to Phynn, Please don't get used to this.

Fishybugs
2016-01-19, 06:49 PM

Phynn assists Lady Beldoran as much as she will allow him to, then pats Luna on the shoulders. (Common) "One more hour Little Sister, and you'll never have to do this again," He then mounts and holds on as Luna starts toward Gordondale. "(Common) One hour, milady, and we'll be safe in Gordondale," he says to Lady Beldoran.

Zman
2016-01-19, 07:54 PM
Lady Sara Beldoran

The young woman calms herself by asking questions, "How... How did you find me??" after a short pause and practiced exhale, "I... I thought it would never end..." she begins crying again...

Fishybugs
2016-01-19, 08:05 PM

(Common) "We just followed the trail left by the bandits, milady. I follow the teachings of Rillifane Rallathil, and milady Luna, as you must have guessed, is a druid. With Silvanus and Rillifane's help, the trail they left was easy to follow."

Zman
2016-01-19, 08:25 PM
Sara Beldoran

She responds questioningly, as if she doesn't trust his intentions, "But why?? Why would you follow the trail and risk yourselves for me?? Whom you believed to be a mere handmaidens... No servant is worth such risk."

Fishybugs
2016-01-19, 08:41 PM

(Common) "Milady, I understand your confusion.". Phynn pauses to collect his thoughts a moment before continuing. "Rillifane teaches us to live in harmony with the natural world and allow every living being to serve out their natural purpose in life. I would not sit idly by, and I know Lady Luna feels the same, while someone is in trouble. Were we to leave you to that fate, I know neither Luna nor myself would be able to truly face our gods again without shame."

Phynn pauses again, thinking himself done with his answer, smiles a little bit to himself then adds, "(Common) "Though to be honest, we thought we would have more time and our friends would be able to join us. I know what happened is horrible, but try to put it behind you, milady, you are safe with us."

ncpunkin
2016-01-19, 10:15 PM
Luna

Luna presses on traveling briskly towards Gordondale. She listened passively to them talk and continued about her even pace. She was used to running as a horse now and put the miles beneath her hooves.

Dash Dash Dash

Fishybugs
2016-01-20, 10:29 AM

As the small group approaches the gate to Gordondale, Phynn signals Luna to stop just short of the gate, dismounts, and approaches one of the gate guards.

(Common) "Hail, there! We ran into trouble on the road. Can you call for your Captain of the Guard and bring a priest as well to attend to an injured person?" He looks one of the guard straight in the eye and adds, "They'll definitely want to make the trip here. We have news."

Fishybugs
2016-01-22, 05:16 PM
Just poking the thread so I don't lose it. Hopefully we won't need it much longer. :smallsmile:

Zman
2016-01-22, 05:19 PM
There are no "gates" per say, just guard towers, and it'll still be dark or just predawn when you guys arrive.

No need for this thread, I'll have them arrive in the main thread and we'll be back and rolling again!

Should get things nicely updated tonight.