PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Good version of Vile damage

Blazerunner08
2016-01-04, 10:06 PM
I was wondering if there is a version of Vile damage for Good aligned characters. If there is what book is it located in?

Thanks for the help.

MisterKaws
2016-01-04, 10:12 PM
Book of Exalted Deeds, as its counterpart, the Book of Vile Darkness, it's also an artifact right there at the DMG.

Âmesang
2016-01-04, 10:16 PM
As in damage that can only be healed in a desecrated/unhallowed area? Or… well… maybe I could see undead hit with an affliction that can only be negatively healed in such areas…

DrMotives
2016-01-04, 10:25 PM
If there was such a thing, it would be in BoED. There is the Ravages & Afflictions, which don't have any counterpart on the evil side though. I'm sure people have homebrewed raveges & afflictions for evil characters, & a vile damage variation for good. Make a post in the homebrew forums.

ben-zayb
2016-01-04, 10:38 PM
Would tha make sense fluffwise? An injury caused by something so malicious and full of intent to harm and cause destruction, that it can't be undone so easily, strikes me as something related to Evil. On the Good side? I could see something equivalent working against Evil creatures only.

If anything, a type of protection (Hallowed Hit Points?) that can't be so easily taken away by damage seems more thematic for the side of Good.

DrMotives
2016-01-04, 10:49 PM
If anything, a type of protection (Hallowed Hit Points?) that can't be so easily taken away by damage seems more thematic for the side of Good.

This gives me an idea... A regeneration ability tied to a Hallow spell, only way to stop defenders from regenerating is to counter the spell first, or else physically remove them from the area the are defending.

MisterKaws
2016-01-04, 11:20 PM
Would tha make sense fluffwise? An injury caused by something so malicious and full of intent to harm and cause destruction, that it can't be undone so easily, strikes me as something related to Evil. On the Good side? I could see something equivalent working against Evil creatures only.

This gives me an idea... A regeneration ability tied to a Hallow spell, only way to stop defenders from regenerating is to counter the spell first, or else physically remove them from the area the are defending.

Don't Start a 3rd Edition Ikea Tarrasques, please don't.

Blazerunner08
2016-01-06, 08:38 PM
As in damage that can only be healed in a desecrated/unhallowed area? Or… well… maybe I could see undead hit with an affliction that can only be negatively healed in such areas…

Yes I am looking for something that can only be healed on desecrated/unhallowed ground that works against evil creatures.

Anthrowhale
2016-01-06, 09:01 PM
Vile damage is awesome against evil creatures, right? Finding or creating a consecrated are to heal in is extra difficult for them.