PDA

View Full Version : Tremors in the Dark IC

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-04, 10:57 PM
Tremors in the Dark

Denizens of the galaxy rejoiced at the downfall of Emperor Palpatine and the Dark Lord Vader dying at the Battle of Endor. SOCORRO, an arid planet in the Outer Rim has seen change to its previously lawless government. The IMPERIAL REMNANT and the NEW GALACTIC REPUBLIC fought for rule over the world a few short months ago. Thousands of people died and the major cities ripped asunder from turbolasers and crashed craft

The Government is now being lead by the NEW GALACTIC REPUBLIC, but espionage is rampant with the cities and small towns left standing turning into urban warfare. Hope remains as rumors abound of a safe place, a hidden place for those wishing to escape the carnage. Tales of the old JEDI TEMPLE that was once a bastion of peace and learning on the planet, before it was destroyed, as the safe haven abound.

The destroyed JEDI TEMPLE located near the mountains of KANTHIL perhaps offers some hope. However, none who have ventured that far have returned and its exact location is unknown. Perhaps there an answer can be found to help those on the planet survive the coming times.

Episode 1: The Long Night

The Doaba Badlands obsidian colored sand whipped around the streets of Vakeyya as the wind picked up. The arid climate sucked moisture from the air leaving people gasping for breath. Walking on the planet surface darting between buildings are the denizens left trying to eke out a living in what will soon be a sand filled city. Crashed X-wings and Tie Fighters dart the city some still left in once proud skyscrapers now abandoned and soon to fall into the sand. Nightfall is approaching and people are racing indoors for a warm drink or safe place to spend the night. Or at least as safe as can be found. Some traffic still exists with speeders and taxis carrying goods and people to what little is left.

Near the sand covered streets is a Togruta woman fighting the harsh wind. As she walks by a voice almost a whisper in the knife cut wind calls out...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 12:29 PM
Walking through the sand covered streets Kemna hears a voice call out. A deep bass cuts through the wind calling out Help... I need.... attacked... The voice is cut off from the rest of the wind, but you can tell it sounded like a male who was in a fair amount of pain. Surrounding Kemna are several partially toppled towers where creatures and all sorts of other ilk sometimes hide from the harsh sun. From the tower to the left of her she intuits the voice coming from there. Walking up two stories through the crumbling tower a sight of gore stands before her.

The winds of the planet whip through an open hole in the side of the building bringing in coarse black sand. A male rodian lays trapped underneath a broken speeder bike, its repulsorlift pulsing gently as sparks come from it. The rodian is dressed in the common brown jacket found to protect against the heat of the world and seems an usually pale shade of green. Upon seeing you he hacks, coughing up congealed blood, on his stained clothing and says Help me please. I... I... I think I'm dying... The rodian's face smarts with teardrops as he faces his own mortality.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 03:56 PM
"Oh no!" Kemna gasped. She had seen people hurt badly before...even seen death, as the unforgiving sands of Socorro took many, but it never ceased to affect her.

"Just...just, hold on..." She hadn't seen anyone on the street she could ask for help, and she was no good at medicine, but there was no one else nearby to help, and if she left this poor soul here by himself, he could very likely die alone before she got back.

Kem approached and gently lay her hands on the speederbike, trying not to jostle it as she looked it over, searching for a way to lift it off without causing any additional harm to the poor trapped man. "I need to find a way to get this off you, or else we're never getting you out of here. Just hang on, we're gonna figure this out and get you to a doctor..."

Studying the machine, she realized that there was no way she could lift it by herself, not at the angle it was at, and without hurting the man underneath. "I can't lift it, not without hurting you worse. I'm gonna see if I can't take the damaged section apart and get you out that way..." She flashed him what she hoped was a reassuring smile, but she felt sweat beginning to bead on her forehead. She was never any good with machines...

The first thing she did was find the power switch and turn the bike off; no need to have the repulsorlift running as she fiddled with the electronics. With a melancholy hum, the machine died down, and most of the sparking subsided. Observing the damaged portion, Kem breathed a small sign of relief - the middle section had been broken neatly, and only pieces of the outer plating and a few circuits were holding it together. Taking a small cutter from her utility belt, Kem severed the wires, then worked to unhook the plating as quickly and gently as she could.

The work went must faster than she could have hoped, and soon she was sliding the two pieces of the severed speederbike away from the Rodian.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 05:40 PM
The Rodian watches you eyes nervous darting to and fro as you work on dissembling the speeder bike. With a mighty groan as it is lifted off of him you can see the full extent of his injuries. His right leg is twisted at a 80 degree angle and his pants are now a muddy brown-red from the blood. Various lacerations many of which are deep enough to cut to the bone are visible, and the Rodian appears to still be bleeding from his stomach slowly.

Giving a faint attempt at a smile the Rodian begins to talk occasionally pausing to cough up more blood saying, Thank you. I have had a very, very long day... I.. I don't think I'm going to make it much longer. I've been here for the better part of the day now... Got shot down in my speeder. When I came to I was trapped.... They probably thought me dead and for good reason. I certainly wish I was now.

Look I don't fancy my chances of living through this. I've been fading for a while now... but you. You look the capable sort and certainly of good heart to help me out anyway. Can... Can I count on you? My job isn't finished... too many people are counting on me... hoping... The Rodian looks at you furtively focused on your answer trying to ignore the pain that is trying to overtake him.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 05:57 PM
Kem's heart trembled in her chest as it always did when she saw someone in pain. It was something she could barely stand. "I...I'll do whatever I can to help..." She said, hoping that whatever it was wasn't illegal. Her parents were in a tough enough straight as it was.

"Who is 'They'?"

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 06:08 PM
A faint smile passes over the Rodian's lips as you say yes. He relaxes and it seems like a great weight has been lifted off of him, speeder bike aside. Taking a breath he says You know the war that has touched this world... however great destruction has come before. After the scutta Palpatine came to power he bombarded a jedi temple here on the planet. It used to be a safe haven for many until he destroyed it.

The Empire took great care to destroy the records of its location, but I believe I found it. So many people have gone missing... I wanted to use the ruins as a place of safety. Those that remember it remember its self-sustaining nature. The war between the New Galactic Republic and Imperial Remnant has caused so many other deaths... I've heard rumors of others wanting to use it as a safe house. My brother went missing a few years back. They say he died, but I never believed it. He could... touch the Force... he knew where to not be, which on this planet is so important. I was scrounging around an old Imperial prison center when I found it active, or at least more active than I would have thought it. I got out with a location here in the city... something about a staging base.

Look I know it doesn't mean much to you, but my brother means a lot to my family. If he could be found alive... well that'd bring them a lot of joy. That and it could also be a safe place for the many other beings looking for a safe place on this planet.

Taking a long pause the Rodian hacks up more blood, and the coughing rips open his stomach more, he doesn't have much time left. Continuing where he was he goes on saying The Imps chased me and shot me down, doubtless they thought I died. However, once they realize the information I took... well they're going to go looking for it. They'll come back here and take the last information for my brother that exists. Would you go out and search for him, this datapad has the information I've gathered? Even if not for him what about a safe place... a true safe place for the people of this world? The Rodian looks at you eyes simultaneously full of hope and dread for what your response will be.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 06:27 PM
It took Kem a moment to take in everything the dying man had said. The Jedi, the Force, a secret temple here on Socorro...She had heard the stories about the Jedi and the Force. She had never put much stock in them; her life had been so difficult, it was hard to believe in some power that watches over everyone.

But this Rodian obviously believed. Whether or not she did, she couldn't disparage him in what were likely his last moments. Even she could see that there was no way a doctor could get to him in time. And even so, if what he was saying was true, the Empire would be looking for him.

After a pause, Kem nodded, first hesitantly and then with more force. "Um...yes. Yes, yes, I'll try my best. I mean, I have a family I have to look after, but if there's any way I can help I will. And if I can't, I'll find someone who can." Kem tactfully left out that she wasn't sure where she might find such a person, but he didn't need to know that.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 06:39 PM
The Rodian purses his mouth together and nods his eyes beginning to glaze over and says Thank you that's all I ask for... for someone to try... Look I have a friend, a female Human, by the name of Azral Stas. She frequents the cantina the Angry Mynock and she's been helping me with this. She has her own reasons, not mine to give. If you meet up with her she should be able to help.

Able to tell he is fading fast the Rodian pulls out the datapad and a blaster pistol and leaves them open is his hand Here, take it you'll need them both. My name is Rask by the way... Fading fast the Rodian struggles to keep the items in his hands.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 06:45 PM
Kem quickly took the items, handling the blaster gingerly, its grip pinched between two fingers, so as not to stress Rask any further. She set them aside and looked the fading Rodian in the eyes. "My name is Kemna Phel. I'm glad to have met you, Rask, and I'm sorry it had to be like this."

She swallowed. She knew he was going, it was almost like she could feel him slipping away, his quiet heartbeat echoing distressingly faintly through her montrails. "I'll try and find Azral for you, make sure she gets this," she gestured with the datapad.

She slipped her free hand into his, feeling the faint pulse in his pebbly skin. She squeezed gently, letting him know he wasn't alone.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 06:52 PM
Rask nods and smiles and moments later lets out his last breath. As he passes you feel something, greater than yourself you feel like you can sense his presence passing more than just seeing it. His hand goes limp as night falls on the city.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 07:08 PM
Kem gasped out a sob, and felt tears running down her face. She hadn't know him for more than a few desperate minutes, but the passing of any creature, especially a sentient, had always been hard on her.

She thought about her brother, how he had always teased her about being too sensitive, chiding her to "toughen up." He was right; the world she lived on had always been dangerous, and people died all the time, especially now. But she couldn't help it.

She let herself mourn Rask's passing a moment longer, then reached down to close his eyes, before remembering that Rodians didn't have eyelids. Instead, she ripped off a piece of his jacket to place over his face. Then she stood, wondering what to do. Her parents would be waiting for her she knew; she had been running late already, and now that night had already fallen they would be worrying. After all, she was their only child now. But she had made a promise.

She slipped the datapad into her cloak, then paused to consider the blaster. She had never been a fan of weapons, but after a minute she carefully put it in her belt. If she was going to a cantina, she wanted to have a blaster, just for protection. She could get rid of it later. Heck, the credits she could get for selling it would be an enormous boon for her family.

"Asral," she repeated to herself. "Asral Stesh - no, Stas. Asral Stas." She didn't want to forget the name.

Slowly she descended the crumbling building, and emerged into the darkness, heading towards the Angry Mynock. She knew the place well enough - her parent's business was one of its suppliers. Its smallest, but still, she had been there several times before. Never at night, though, when the place would be filled with miscreants and desperate characters. The exact kind of place that her brother had died in.

"I'll find her, tell her what happened, give her the pad, and be on my way. I'll be home in an hour and a half. Two hours tops," she tried to reassure herself. But she wasn't reassured.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 09:40 PM
Night enveloped Kemna as she walked the sand covered streets. The temperature began dropping and as she passed by the ruined skyscrapers they began to light up with homeless people sheltering for warmth. By the time Kemna arrived at the Angry Mynock a large crowd had already formed. The planet of Socorro was not an overly diverse one, but this cantina represented stranded aliens from all over the galaxy. The war had destroyed much of the space transport off the planet leaving many people spending far longer than they thought they would originally. A haze of smoke covered the cantina over the dimly lit sign saying "No Imps, No Republic" that bore some blaster scoring.

A robust game of Sabacc seemed to be going on in the far right corner of the cantina near a closed door with armed guards. A wookie was gesturing furiously and growling at the player who just won the part a dark blue Twi'lek man. Throughout the rest of the cantina people were huddled over their tables drinking and eating the fresh food coming out of the kitchen. The bar was busy with two 3PO droids busy serving with a middle aged Bothan male behind the bar. His bright gold eyes stood in stark contrast to his brown now greying fur covering his body. He moved with fluid motions quickly taking orders and making drinks. Upon walking in he nods at you, recognizing you from your previous encounters as your family has supplied the cantina with some goods.

Absol197
2016-01-05, 11:51 PM
Kemna cautiously wound her way over to the bar, trying but failing to avoid bumping into anyone in the packed cantina.

Once she arrived, she leaned over the counter. "Hi, Mister Kondanu," she called, straining her voice to be heard over the din.

"I was wondering if you could help me find someone. I'm told she's..." she jumped as the Wookie gave a particularly loud snarl. "I'm told she's a regular here?"

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-05, 11:54 PM
Nag ignores the wookie's snarl probably inured to such loud sounds by now. Glancing up from a piece of plaisteel cup he was cleaning he looks at you closely. Speaking in a high pitch tenor he says Well now you know we have quite a few regulars here, your family aside of course. Who are you asking about? Nag looks at you curiously his golden eyes suddenly focused on you. It's occurred to you that you've never asked about anyone to him before causing his sudden rapt attention.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 12:12 AM
"Well, she's a human," Kem started, her eyes scanning nervously around. "Her name is Asral Ste - Asral Stas. Hopefully she's here, I have to get back home soon. My folk's a probably worried sick right now..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 12:57 AM
Nag pauses and stops cleaning the glass entirely. His full attention rivets on Kemna and he says That is not a common name... and how exactly did you hear of it? Nag's face doesn't give much away, but based on previous encounters you can tell he now has a laser sharp focus on you.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 01:09 AM
Kemna blanched at the intensity of the Bothan's stare. "Well, umm...I..." she stammered.

The laser-like focus of the barkeep unsettled her, as did the crowd. The myriad noises reverberated through her montrails in a loud, claustrophobic jumble that she couldn't keep track of, and a feeling similar to when she was near someone in pain was welling up inside of her. As always when she was in a crowd, it was like her mind was filling up with a cacophonous blend of emotions she could never sort through.

Kemna closed her eyes tightly, trying to focus through the mess of perceptions that felt like they were constricting her, choking off her ability to think. "I met...I mean, a friend of hers, uh, got hurt. He couldn't come, but he wanted, umm, he asked me to give something to her. He said it was important."

She stole a glance at the Bothan with one eye. "Please."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 04:13 PM
Nag looks at you for a long moment and a small smile creeps on his snout. Turning back to his cleaning he casually says Well it sounds like quite a predicament that her friend has been caught within. You're a good person Kemna I've always liked you, despite the fact that you've never bought a drink here. With that he flashes a smile at you.

Taking a more serious look he says Azral is currently staying here as a guest downstairs in the storeroom, our owner owed her a favor. She used to be a commando for the Rebel Alliance, but has since left. However,-- With this Nag takes a look around and lowers his voice and whispers Rumor is that she works for Luke Skywalker. You the new Jedi Knight or whatever he is. I hear she's looking for the old temple to collect some relics for him. I'm guessing her friend is Rask, she teamed up with him as he had information about the temple.

Pausing and looking around he says I think she's in the storeroom downstairs, tell her I sent you and you'll not get shot meeting her. She's a bit rough round the edges that one. With that Nag jerks his finger towards the storeroom door. Unless, you have any other questions?

Absol197
2016-01-06, 04:30 PM
Kem's eyes widened as Nag described the woman she was meaning to meet with. She didn't sound like someone Kem wanted to get mixed up with at all.

The timid Togruta started towards the door, but stopped. "Mister Kondanu?" She asked hesitantly. "You don't really believe in all of that stuff, do you? The Jedi? The...The Force? It can't be true, right?"

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 06:45 PM
Nag puts the glass away where it is quickly filled with alcohol and pushed to another patron. It seems for a moment that he has almost ignored you, forgotten the question that was asked. Nag looks at you and says I haven't seen it kid been stuck on this world a long time. Too long but... the stories of the Jedi my parents used to tell me and Luke... have you seen the holovids? The ones of him waving that big green lightsaber around? No I think its real. What good has it done the Jedi though? They all died and are now just coming back. I'd rather trust in my own snout and eyes to sort out problems rather than the Force. It's less trouble that way too. With that Nag presses a button and the storeroom door unlocks and you feel a calling to go inside.

Walking down the stairs to the storeroom you feel the temperature change to climate control coolness. The door shuts behind you and you see an obscured room with large containers of alcohol, food, and other goods, near the back wall near another exit is a cot with some light bedding that is disheveled. As you walk through the room you look around for the woman. She was supposed to be near the cot. As you look around you hear sudden movement. Your face is inches away from a heavy blaster rifle. Eyes gazing up at the rifle you see a woman in dark padded armor with blonde hair and shockingly blue eyes who towers above you. A scar mars one side of her face curling up from her upper right cheek to lip forming a half smile. Looking at you she says You don't work here. What are you looking for? Give me a reason. The woman looks at you sure to have not seen you before, it seems Nag was right that she is very, very rough around the edges.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 07:01 PM
Kemna froze as still as she could, and thoughts of her parents, how they had cried when her brother had been lost, rose unbidden to fill her mind. They were about to go through that all over again, she was sure.

"Wa - wait!" She gasped, her voice coming out in a nervous whisper. "I'm, you see, ah, M-M-Mister Kondanu said you'd be down here. Someone named Rask asked me to give you something..." She could feel the datapad's weight in her cloak pocket, but she didn't dare twitch to try and retrieve it. It would look too much like she might be going for a blaster. Which would be ridiculous, but this woman...oh, right, she recalled. I do have a blaster on me...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 07:10 PM
At the mention of Rask's name Azral tenses her eyes riveting on the girl. Slightly lowering the weapon and backing away Azral says The bartender sent you? He's only supposed to let... well you don't need to know who in. Anyway, what are you doing here that Rask couldn't give to me himself? Where is he by the way? Azral looks up towards the staircase almost expecting him to come down.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 07:15 PM
"Umm, he..." Kemna's voice caught in her throat. Thinking about the Rodian was painful, even though she had barely known him. "He..." She looked away from the woman's powerful gaze, unable to meet her eyes. "He died. His speederbike got shot down." Kem closed her eyes tight and flinched away, expecting the killing shot to come at any time.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 07:39 PM
Rask's death seems to momentarily shake Azral. He gun wavers for a second and she looks off at the staircase that he was never to come down. Looking back at you she gives you a hard look saying, His speederbike got shot down? By who? Where did you find him, and how did you meet him? I've taken great lengths not to be found here and looking back at her blaster back at you she says by anyone who isn't supposed to find me. She's looking at Kemna with suspicion in her eyes, but she still seems to be deep in thought about what you said.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 07:45 PM
Her hands covering her face defensively, Kemna struggled to find her words. This one woman was making her feel like she was in a densely packed room, her mind was such a jumble.

"He - he said that the Imperials shot him down. He was...trapped. He was trapped under his speeder, and hurt really bad. I found him j-j-just about a half-hour ago. He gave me a datapad to give to you. He said he'd found some information about the temple's location. He found it in an old prison he was at. They must have chased him from there."

Even though her eyes were closed, Kemna winced and flinched again. "Please don't kill me. My brother died in a place like this, and I don't want my parents to have to go through that again..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 08:08 PM
As your hand pulls out the datapad Azral snatches it from your hand. Azral looks at you and says Uhuh, and the Imperials would just love to get the information that I have and me as well. Sending an non-human would be right up their sleeves to throw me off. Sit down. As you sit on the cot with the blaster pointing at you a sense of fear overcomes you. This is not the situation you want to be in. However, a voice comes out of the datapad your and Rask's voice as Azral has her fingers fly over the pad. The datapad begins a recording of him recounting being shot down and how he called upon an alien woman to help he saw in the distance. Your previous conversation with Rask is replayed.

Silence envelops the room for a few seconds then the woman places her blaster rifle down on a crate next to her and sits down. Maintaining eye contact she says I owe you one kid. I know I'm barely more than a kid myself, but... war changes you. Been through too much betrayed too often. You have no idea what it took for me to get to this world. To meet up with Rask and potentially help him find his sibling. You've done a lot to help and I-Suddenly her voice cuts off and you can hear blasters and screams from upstairs. Azral's face pales and she looks at the datapad.

Swearing she says Sith scutta they put a virus on the data and tracked us here. Quickly fingers flashing she runs it over the datapad It's not transmitting anymore, flat luck that will do us. Alright, kid here's the plan we go upstairs and bust our way outta here. The door here leads to a dead end and I'd prefer not to be boxed in. Maybe we can slip out front. Are you ready?

Absol197
2016-01-06, 09:08 PM
Tears came to Kemna's eyes as she heard Rask's voice again. As Asral listened to the recording, Kem's sense of claustrophobia faded, leaving behind a calmness, tinged with regret.

But when the dull echoes of blaster-fire rang out through the cantina above, it came back with a force she had never felt before. There were dozens of people up there, afraid, dying, and it felt like they were all standing crowded around her, and she was drowning in the screams and the fear. Her head swam as the human woman swore at the device in her hands.

When Asral set down her plan, Kemna gave her a blank stare. "Wha...what?" The panic that had already gripped her threatened to overwhelm her as she thought of going up there. "No! Nono, I can't!" She pleaded, shrinking down onto the cot.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-06, 10:27 PM
Taking a moment from the chaos erupting upstairs Azral looks at you and says Listen kid, earlier I remember what you said about your parents and brother. You did good by bringing this to me, but now... With that she gestures her huge blaster rifle towards the ceiling as the blasterfire stops those people are hunting for us and we need to protect ourselves. This datapad provides the location to the Temple. The Imps had just received the data and Rask swept it out from under them. If people are hiding there... we need to protect them by keeping this datapad safe. So kid can you do this? You've got moxy and I've got your back. Azral flashes a smile at you and you get a glimpse of someone who behind all the pain and anger is still fundamentally a good person.

Absol197
2016-01-06, 10:33 PM
Kem looked up at the ceiling, listening to the screams. But Asral was right, if she stayed she would be killed.

She looked at the woman with her giant gun. Shivering with fear, Kemna nodded, not trusting herself to speak. She crossed over to Asral's side and huddled, trying to make herself small, the blaster Rask had given her completely forgotten.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-07, 12:46 AM
Racing upstairs Kemna and Azral find themselves in a warzone. The bar is littered with spilled ranks, and flipped tables. Azral drags your hand behind the large now overturned saabac table for cover and she moves over to another table nearby for cover. Nag is at the bar with a small blaster pistol at the ready at the intruders and looks like he has managed to avoid the worst of the assault.

The same cannot be said for some of the patrons. Moans of anguish and pain call out from around the room and some bodies lay very still, evidently the attack came as a surprise with many not being able to escape in time. Standing near the entrance of the Angry Mynock are six Imperial Army Troopers their black uniforms contrasting against the red blood of the cantina. They are in two groups of three one group near the bar entrance and the other about 5 meters away parallel hugging the wall. Kneeling behind an overturned table appears to be their officer. A Human male in his mid 30s with a wiry mustache and dark brown eyes. Upon seeing you he shouts I knew you had the datapad, you scum. We're going to the jedi temple and we're going to remove you and your ilk from this planet. The Empire hasn't lost, not yet. With that he gives a shout and his men level their blasters at you all. Kemna feels a surge in the force guiding her actions, and has a sudden moment of clarity where she can act first.

Absol197
2016-01-07, 01:29 PM
As she was pulled behind the Saabac table, Kemna found Rask's blaster in her hand. She stared at it, but couldn't remember making the decision to draw it. She was holding it firmly and confidently, despite the complete lack of confidence she felt.

Then the Imperial commander shouted his order to fire. There was no other way out of this...if she wanted to get home, she would have to hurt them. Kem flung her hand over the top of the table and began wildly pulling the trigger. The bark of the blaster was frighteningly loud, and after several shots she felt a stab of grief in her heart so sharp that she knew she must have hit someone.

She almost dropped the blaster in shock, and withdrew her hand and huddled behind the table, tears streaming down her face. How could people do things like this? She wondered desperately. It's awful...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-07, 05:47 PM
Kemna's blind shots flew out from over the overturned sabaac table and land solidly on one of the troopers by the door. The sizzle of flesh could be heard as the blaster bolt founds its mark solidly on the mans sternum. Dropping their knees and firing at once the men turn towards Nag and unleashes a volley of blaster bolts. Nag cries out in pain as a fist sized chunk of flesh is removed from his side and manages to line up a shot one the last one to fire. The man who was barely left standing seconds before collapses to the ground his blaster rifle as he falls. However, terrified by the blaster bolts Nag collapses to the ground clutching side side breathing hard laying prone away from enemy fire.

Azral respond with a roar and a shout saying Oi, Officer stop killing the man who pours me my kriffing drink when I come up to the bar. Watch me take out your buddies Sith scum. With grim determination Azral's skill as a commando can be seen for all, as her heavy blaster rifle tears through the troopers parallel to the ones near the bar. Two troopers take fatal blows and are blown off their feet from the force of the assault. The third trooper receives a glancing blow off his arm, but is still standing strong.

The Officer enraged stands up from cover and shouts You pathetic piece of scum, my men will kill you and light this bar in flames so everyone in the city can see what happens when you oppose the Empire. With that the officer fires at Azral, but the shot goes low and into the table that Azral was using for cover. Suddenly, Azral is exposed and has no other protection than the armor on her. However, his men near the bar seem emboldened and turn their blasters to end Azral's life.

Absol197
2016-01-07, 06:17 PM
Kemna was beginning to feel dizzy, but when she heard the barkeep cry out in pain, she suddenly found her focus. Hoping beyond hope that the soldiers were distracted by Asral, she skittered across the floor on her hands and knees behind the bar.

"Mister Kondanu!" She cried when she was next to the injured Bothan. "Are you alright?" Almost on reflex, she threw her hand up above the bar and squeezed off a few shots, before turning her attentions to her friend. "I'm so sorry! Just hold on, you'll be okay..."

Looking him over, Kemna blanched and trembled as she saw the massive burn that covered his right side. "Oh oh oh, oh no...This is all my fault..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-07, 07:54 PM
Kemna crawled over the broken bottles and finally was able to reach Nag. Wheezing he looks at you and says I'm not dead... not yet kid... we Bothans are made of pretty tough stuff. Looking at the massive burn Kemna sees that it has luckily cauterized from the intense heat. While Nag won't be fully healed for a while he hasn't crossed over the threshold of death, and won't be any time soon. Nag's furry hand matted with bloods pats Kemna on the shoulder saying, I'm alright, just happy I was able to convince some people to leave... not enough I guess. However, the few words Kemna spoke with him were suddenly shattered by continued violence. The last trooper near the door sways looking at his wound and collapses on the ground.

With a roar of victory Azral shouts as blasterfire marks her body. Her armor takes the worst of the blow and although she receives wounds on her right arm she is still able to bring her blaster rifle to bear. Unleashing a mighty blue volley towards the last remaining troopers she takes them out and they fall to the ground twitching as their body becomes riddled with holes. However, her aim was just ever so slightly off and wood chips fly and scratch her face causing rivulets of blood to fall down to the ground. With her attention focused on destroying the troopers she is unable to see the officer scream Die scum. as his blaster bolt flies across the room. However, such a small weapon does barely more than to scorch her armor compared to the troopers unrelenting guns.

Absol197
2016-01-07, 08:53 PM
When the commander cried out, Kemna felt something inside her boil over. The people here got hurt; some of them were dead. They hadn't done anything wrong. They didn't deserve this. THEY. DIDN'T. DESERVE. THIS.

Full to bursting with so much emotion - anger, fear, concern - Kemna stood up and leaned against the bar, the blaster gripped tightly in both hands. "Stop it!" She all but screamed. "Stop it stop it STOP IT!"

For a moment her intensity wavered as she looked around, noticing that all the Troopers were lying dead. But that realization only reinvigorated her - more pointless death. "These people didn't need to die. THEY DIDN'T DESERVE THIS! You're out numbered, so put the blaster down!"

A vague part of her mind was shocked at her own bravado, but for the moment the entirety of her focus was on the Imperial officer who had caused so much pain.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-07, 09:02 PM
Azral and the officer both look Kemna dumbfounded at her sudden outburst. The officer looks visibly shaken especially, as Azral walks up just meters in front of him training his blaster rifle on him. However, the officers does enough to toss his blaster towards Azral's feet and throws up his hands in the air. His voice hoarse from his yelling he wipes around the sweat building around his eyes and says Ok, ok... Look just doing what they told me to do. Ask me some questions and then let me leave?The man looks nervously around and is holding his hands together so tightly they look blood red from the blood pumping. Azral looks Kemna with an approving nod and says Well, this is a first never saw anyone who could talk down an officer before. How about you take lead and I'll work on fixing me and Nag up? Azral pulls out a stimpack and jabs it in her arm prompting rapid healing and begins to walk over towards Nag, but keeps an eye on the officer the entire time.

Absol197
2016-01-07, 11:15 PM
Kemna watched apprehensively as Asral approached the commander, and breathed a sigh of relief when he tossed his weapon to her. As soon as the man was disarmed, Kemna dropped the blaster she was holding like it was some kind of poisonous thing about to bite. She was in the middle of turning to check on the bartender when the soldier's comment caused her to jump.

"Wha...what?" She stuttered, dumbfounded. Her fiery outburst was over and she felt drained and exhausted. "No, but...I can't...I'm not..." She stepped quickly around the bar up to Asral. "I wouldn't even know what to ask," she confessed, stealing a quick glance at the man. "I just want to go home, let my parents know I'm okay."

She held out her hand for the stimpack applicator. "You'd be better at talk...interrogating him. Let me do that," she asked pleadingly.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-07, 11:55 PM
Azral nods at the man accordingly and picks up the blaster momentarily admiring its craftsmanship. At Kemna's comment about the stimpack there is a certain admiration in Azral's eyes as she says Sure thing kid, I'll spend some quality time with Mr. Scutta over here. You take care of Nag.Slapping the stimpack down in your hand Azral takes a moment to pick up the blaster you dropped and put it in her back pocket. She goes over to the officer and gently shoves him into the wall where he falls and leans against and begins asking questions to him facing the barrel of her heavy blaster.

Nag looks at Kemna and smiles saying Thanks kid... I owe you big for this, you and Azral saving my life. Hey at least I'll have a cool scar, so I'll have that going for me. Been too long without someone, yah know?Nag looks away from Kemna as he finishes his sentence and you get the feeling he is a lonely man entering his middle years with no major prospects. He moves so the side with the injury is exposed and says Alright, do it quick I know it'll sting like a corellian panther's claws, but it'll heal me up good.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 12:11 AM
"Don't worry, Mister Kondanu, I may not be a doctor, but I know how to use a stimpack. You won't feel a thing!" She gave him a smile, then looked over the applicator to make sure it was working properly. She opened the chamber and counted five full cartridges, then with a practiced motion deftly ejected the empty that Asral had used and loaded the next into position.

"Okay, little pinch..." She warned as she inserted the needle and pulled the trigger. The applicator hissed as the medicinal cocktail was injected. She withdrew the needle and, after a few seconds, watched as the nasty burn on his side began to writhe as the skin healed itself at an astounding rate.

"There we go," she said, giving the old Bothan a gentle hug as she ejected the cartridge and readied the next. "Give that a few seconds to work. Do you think you'll need another? I need to see if anyone else here needs help."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 12:23 AM
Nag smiles at Kemna and whispers Thanks kid, you've given this Bothan one shot that he thought he'd never have.... Save the rest for those that really need it. Looking around the ruined cantina Nag sighs softly and whispers I cannot wait to explain to the boss what happened here. Maybe I'll get worker's comp? However, at the end of the sentence you can tell that Nag is trying to make a joke and raise Kemna's spirits.

Meanwhile a rather thorough interrogation is happening with Azral and the Officer...

Azral looks at the officer and says Alright, sith spawn the police, or whatever they call them around here, will be coming in a bit so you're going to be spending time in a New Republic cell.At this Azral brings the blaster rifle up to the man's nose and says I have a few questions first. I already figured out how you find me, clever use of a virus that. However, what do you know of the jedi temple? We swept the information right out from under you so we know you don't have it, but you've got to have something else. We couldn't recover all the data.

The officer gulps and stammers l-L-Listen... I'm not that important Captain Kor told me to come capture you alive and get the datapad back. I don't know nuffin about that Togruta girl. All I know is that afterwords I was supposed to meet him about 90 klicks from here in the Valley of the Sun, stupid name that is. As Azral rolls her eyes the officer suddenly get's the impression that now is probably not the time to joke.

Azral muses silently for a few seconds and says Uhuh, so supposing that is all that you know about the temple how exactly did you find out about me? The datapad virus didn't transmit sound, so for your orders to capture me you must have known I was here... The man looks at the blaster rifle and mutters almost beneath Kemna's earshot Uhh... something... may have been said... about tracking you anyway... something about Skywalker....

At this Azral's face contorts in sudden fear, something you've not seen before, and a deathly silence envelops them.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 12:48 AM
The girl gave a light chuckle at the Bothan's brave attempt at humor, then stood up. "Okay, you rest there, I'll be back."

Kemna flit around the room, checking the bodies that lay scattered about, and feeling with her montrails for any signs of a heartbeat, anything that might mean someone was alive. She paid little attention to the interrogation going on; she wanted to distance herself from that horrid man as much as she could.

After checking a poor Zabrak woman who had been shot right through one of her hearts, she picked up the tell-tale vibration of someone alive. Rushing over, she found the Wookie who had been playing cards lying on his back; he had been right in the middle of the crossfire, and he was lucky he hadn't been hit again.

He was conscious, if just barely, and he moaned at Kemna as she knelt down next to him. "Sorry," she winced. "I don't speak Shryywook that well. But I'm going to give you some stim, hopefully it'll keep you going until we can get you to a real doctor..."

She felt gingerly across his body, trying to find the wounds most in need of treatment. There was one in his abdomen, and another across his left pectoral. He had probably charged the Imperials when the shooting had started. She injected him with two stimpacks and laid the empty cartridges on the floor near him. He sighed, and then gave a few short grunts. Her Shryywook might be bad, but she knew how to say 'Thank you.'

"You're welcome," she said, giving him a gentle pat. "Rest now, we'll get a doctor for you soon."

She left the Wookie and continued her search. It was dreary work, checking body after body and finding that life had fled then all. She was about to give up when the faint rhythm of another heartbeat reached her montrails. She followed the sound, and found it coming from one of the stormtroopers near the door. He had been riddled with shots from Asral's rifle, but his armor had saved him, if just barely.

She quickly began to remove the plastoid shell in order to reach him and administer the last remaining stimpacks.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 02:19 PM
The trooper moves head head showing blaster burn stirring, but still unconcious. As you begin to remove his armor Azral looks at what your doing. Her voice suddenly harsh and in control says What.Are.You.Doing? Enunciating each word she looks at Kemna with sudden confusion and bewilderment. Even the officer looks rather surprised at your actions and you notice a small head nod of recognition and appreciation for his trooper's life.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 02:26 PM
"He's really hurt, but he's still alive," Kemna responded, not looking up from her task, and not quite catching the dangerous tone that had crept into Asral's words. "I've got two more stimpacks left, if I can get this stupid armor off of him..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 02:42 PM
Azalea rolls her eyes and shouts He killed a lot of people, and tried to kill you and your helping him? Leave him be the cops will make sure he doesn't die, I'm sure they have questions for him.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 02:49 PM
Kemna jumped at the sudden shout, stopping her fiddling with the armor to look at the soldier. "But he might not make it that long," she hesitated, a puzzled look on her face. She couldn't quite understand why Asral had become so angry again so quickly. "He's not trying to hurt anyone now, he doesn't have a weapon..."

She turned back to the trooper and successfully removed his breastplate, then took out her cutter to begin removing the layer of black insulation that he wore underneath.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 05:30 PM
Swearing underneath her breath Azral takes her eyes off the officer to look at Kemna. It's almost like she's seeing you for all who Kemna is, and not just the scared girls he met earlier. Nodding almost to herself Azral murmurs Standard regs is for them two have two stimpacks in their utility belt. There should be some medecine in there that sedates him for pain. May as well administer it if you're so bent on saving him. I can't leave pretty boy here unguarded. Look at Azral you get a glimpse of a woman, about your age really, who's seen too much and just seems tired. Looking back at the officer she says Alright, you owe her a big one if it was me over there he'd be lucky to not be stepped over. Now...mind your manners.She jerks her blaster rifle in the direction of Kemna.

Catching on the Officer says Oh-Oh-Oh... thank you....The man seems very nervous which makes sense considering the very large blaster rifle pointing at his head, but a sense of sincerity can be found in his statement.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 06:28 PM
Kemna gave the soldier a quick smile, then turned back to her work. She searched through the trooper's utility belt and found the aforementioned medicine. She put the two additional stimpacks into Asral's applicator, then took the trooper's applicator and kept it for herself. She had recently purchased two stimpacks for her family, but she didn't have their rusty old applicator with her, or else she would have tried to use them on Rask. Besides, the soldier probably wouldn't need it; he was going to jail, right?

She then finished cutting away the insulation. She couldn't reach the most grievous wounds, which were still covered by armor she didn't dare remove for harming the man more, but the stimpacks should still help a little, even if not applied to the injury itself. She injected the two cartridges quickly, listening to the hiss of the applicator, then took the cap off the syringe of painkillers and jammed it into the trooper's side, depressing the plunger and hoping she had applied it right. Most of the painkillers her family used were capsules.

She watched the man closely, listening and feeling with her montrails to monitor his condition as best she could. After a tense few moments, he seemed to stabilize and she sighed in relief. She stood up and dusted off her hands, then walked over to Asral. "Thank you. For letting me help him. He might have been an enemy before, but now he's just scared and in pain, just like Rask was. I couldn't leave him like that. Not if I had any way to help." She offered the stimpack applicator with its two remaining cartridges back to her.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 07:55 PM
The trooper moans softly as the last stimpack is injected. His tissue begins healing at a rapid rate, and while he will need to spend time in a bacta tank he's going to make it. As Kemna comes over to talk to Azral, she nods sayingI understand where you're coming from kid. Maybe I'm too used to seeing things like this, but you've never done anything like this before have you? Must have been terrified out of your mind. I didn't know Rask for long but.... he'd appreciate what you did. It's what he would've done.At that Azral seems to look far away thinking about past memories before she is suddenly jerked back to the moment. Looking harsh at the officer she says I think you've had enough of me and I'd rather not question you anymore so how about Kemna over here asks you some questions. It's your ballgame now kid.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 08:38 PM
Once again, Kemna was taken aback. "What? Me? O-okay..." This entire episode was starting to feel like some sort of surreal dream. Just do what she wants. Once I can get out of here, I can go home and try to forget this all happened.

Stepping up to the officer, Kemna cleared her throat. "Umm...hi," she opened lamely.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 08:47 PM
The Officer laughs in Kemna's face and says You've never done this before have you? Barely more than a kid.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 09:03 PM
Ashamed by her inexperience, Kemna turned away from the man. No, she wasn't much more than a kid. She had no business interrogating an Imperial officer. How could Asral think that anything useful was going to come from this?

As she looked away, she let her eyes wander over the bodies that lay unmoving, most on the floor, some splayed on tables or the bar. At least a dozen who had just wanted a drink or a meal, and who would never go home. Sadness and a hint of grief tinted her expression. She could never forget this, not as long as she lived. It was so pointless...

She turned back towards the officer, her guise somber. "I don't like you," she stated simply. "I know you'll say you were just following orders, but all those people?" She pointed towards the back wall, where the most dead bodies were. "They weren't your mission. You could have let them leave. But you didn't. So that's not on your commander, whoever that might be, it's on you." She looked him in the eye. "The Republic peacekeepers are going to be coming soon, and because of what you did, I wouldn't feel bad at all letting them do just about whatever they wanted to you."

She shook her head. "But...as long as someone's alive, no matter what they've done, they always have a chance to redeem themself, to pay back what they owe. Maybe you can't change the past, undo what you've done, but you can try to make amends. You're still alive," she said, poking him in the chest. "So that means you can help fix some of this. Help me, tell me what you know, and I'll try my hardest to make sure the Republic treats you and your men well." She looked over at Asral, giving her a stern look. "She will too."

"I mean, how could you have known she was here? I think she said the datapad was only sending you its location, not any audio or anything. For all you knew, it could have been some fringer who found a dead body in a building that grabbed it and then came here for a drink afterwards. You had to have SOME reason to think that Asral was here. How did you know?"

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-08, 10:31 PM
The Officer looks at Kemna and for a long moment stays silent lip quivering his moustache moving he says I didn't used to be like this you know? This harsh, this cruel. When I first joined the Empire I really did believe that it was for the betterment of everyone. Bringing peace and stability to a worn torn galaxy. The Empire may have been harsh, but at least we were at peace. Looking at Azral and Nag, who is just getting up from the bar, he nods silently towards them I can only tell you what Captain Kor told me... We knew the data had been stolen, but when we lost track of Rask due to all the rubble in the area blocking the signal. It wasn't until the signal went outside unblocked we were able to tell where it was.

Taking a gulp and looking at Azral he says We are currently aware of Azral's affiliation and she's been on the Empire's list to acquire for some time. We got lucky one of our off duty troopers saw and recognized her. He reported it up and within a few days we knew that she and Rask were up to something. We didn't know what so we decided to keep eyes on them. When the datapad reached its signal again we thought it was Rask, or an agent of his bringing it to meet up with Azral. We know she has more information about the Temple, but we weren't able to find out what. We came in to retrieve the datapad and capture Rask, now dead thanks for that information, as well as Azral. You just happened to take Rask's place is all.

Absol197
2016-01-08, 10:40 PM
Kemna nodded as he spoke; it made sense, she supposed. She wasn't very familiar with military espionage, so she couldn't tell if there was some subtle clue she was missing, though.

"And didn't you mention the Valley of the Sun? What are you doing out there? I've heard of the place but I've never been there..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-09, 12:56 AM
Suddenly Azral interjects into the interrogation turning to Kemna whisperingLook, we won't be able to get much more out of this guy, he's going to realize what's going to happen if he reveals too much. I... NEED... to know what they know about Skywalker... if he's been compromised... A sudden look of genuine fear crosses Azral's eyes and Kemna realizes she may have to ask a question about helping many or one. It won't be an easy decision to make.

Absol197
2016-01-09, 10:44 AM
"Oh," Kemna paused, listening to Asral's furtive whispers. She thought for a moment, then turned to the officer. "You know, never mind, the Valley shouldn't be that hard to find. Do you know anything about Luke Skywalker?"

She shook her head. "I'm not sure I believe in the whole 'Force' thing, but from what I've heard he's been...well, he's helped a lot of people in the Galaxy. So if he's in trouble..." She drifted off. She didn't know much about the man other than stories she'd overheard while making deliveries, so she didn't quite know how to phrase the question. "If he's in trouble, she needs to know," she finished, gesturing to Asral.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-09, 02:12 PM
The Officer gulps and stammersLuke has been AWOL for a while know, the only person who we know for a fact has seen him has been this hulking brute before us. However, there we've received information of him being found in the Kwymar sector on Telos. For whatever reason we know he is set of finding something there, and we've narrowed down his location and within a few weeks he'll surely be captured. Before you ask I don't know where exactly he is, Captain Kor didn't elucidate on that point. At this the Officer pales and realizes he said too much he looks at the floor and clams up not daring to make eye contact.

At this Azral breaks her silence saying If this low level officer knows this much... I can't imagine what the upper levels know.... I need to leave, finish my mission and get back to Luke... Listen, kid I know you've been through a lot, but come back with me to my safehouse there's a lot we need to discuss.Azral looks at Kemna plaintively and a sense of hope and fear radiates off of her.

Absol197
2016-01-09, 05:22 PM
"I...I can't," Kemna protested. "I promised him I'd wait until the peacekeepers showed up and try to get him good treatment. And I have to go home. My parents..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-10, 12:32 AM
The Officer takes a moment and laughs a deep rich laugh saying Oh kid you better do what the woman says. I know your name Kemna, and it seems the bartender is familiar with you. I can't wait to find you again. A quick looks from Azral shuts him up, with Azral saying Look, the Galactic Republic control on this planet is... spotty at best. Imperials are obviously still here, and you're in danger from them. More to the point while you may be decent with a blaster I very much doubt that they are. The Imps could come track you and find your family...Breaking off in thought Azral looks somewhat surprised to see Nag leaning up against the bar who saysI've been here for a while and while this wretch and his trooper may stay in prison for some time, I doubt it will be for long. Even if they are kept for a while what they've learned about you and Azral will surely be shared. If you go home now and they track you... I don't fancy your odds kid.

Azral jumps on this and says Look how about this, we go to my mobile safehouse and we'll pick up your parents on the way there. I can even get them off planet without the Imps knowing what ship, they'll be monitoring the spaceport I'm sure. But while I'll provide safety for them and help both of you off planet I'm not just doing it from the goodness of my heart. I need your help kid with the temple. If you help me I'll guarantee your parent's safety and a place off planet. If not... well... I can't do this alone I'll help your family get to safety. You have to help me, with Rask gone I don't have a partner and I can't do this alone.At this Azral looks at Kemna her deal is not negotiable.

Absol197
2016-01-10, 01:02 AM
"I..but..." Kemna looked around desperately. This wasn't how she wanted things to go! It was time for this nightmare of an adventure to be over!

"Mister Kondanu, you really think so?" When the Bothan nodded, she looked like she was about to cry. "But I'm not a soldier! What can I possibly do to help you? Even if I wanted to, you saw how worthless I was in that fight!"

But as she looked at the two of them and saw the determination on their faces, Kemna knew that there wasn't anything she could do. If they were right (and if Mister Kondanu agreed, they probably were), then her family was in danger. And of course it was all her fault. She had to help them, and if that meant helping Asral, then that was what she would have to do.

She slumped over, defeated. "O-okay. Mister Kondanu, will you make sure they're treated well? I promised..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-10, 01:45 PM
Nag looks at Kemna and smiles his expression becoming pained from his wounds. Looking at Kemna he saysI'll do no harm to him I promise you that, and I'll make sure that he's treated as well when he's here. Get going kid, save your family.With that Nag begins to idly start cleaning one of the few unbroken glasses left on the bar.

Azral looks at Kemna and says You're much better than talking to people than I am kid, we'll make a good team. Now let's go get your parents.Moving outside Kemna and Azral wind through several alleys before finding a covered landspeeder. Speeding off into the night Azral listen's to Kemna's directions. Winding throughout the city silence envelops the pair as they get out of the landspeeder and go to Kemna's family door. Azral looks pointedly at Kemna and says I know this is a lot, but you're doing the right thing. We'll have to be quick though, I don't know how fast the Imperials will put two and two together.

Absol197
2016-01-10, 09:03 PM
"Okay..." Kemna said, uncertainty obvious in her tone. "Only...I'm not sure how they'll take it. We've lived here all our lives."

She climbed down awkwardly from the speeder and walked quickly in the brisk night towards the only home she had ever known. It was small and simple, as befit their life - a small domed roof covered the larger dwelling that sat embedded in the ground to stabilize the temperature in the sweltering days and freezing nights.

She descended the three steps to the door and quickly typed in the code that caused the door to open. The motivator had been malfunctioning for some time, so as usual the door took several seconds to rise to where she could step in.

"Aemya!" She called, using the endearment from her childhood. "Aemat! I'm home!" While she tried to sound cheerful, she could tell that stress had crept quite clearly into her voice.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-11, 11:44 PM
Kemna's home was silent for one long horrifying still second. Then coming around the corner was Kemna's mother, grease still on the apron from dinner, waving around a metal spoon quite violantly. Shouting she says What are you doing showing up so late to dinner you gave your father- At the sight of Azral and her muscled body and rather large gun on the back Kemna's mother takes a visible step back. Her father walks into the room and stands protectively in front of Kemna's mother. Looking at her with fear in her eyes he says By the maker, who is this woman and why are you so late?Her mother gasps aloud and screams sayingIs....is... that blood?She looks pointedly over Kemna's body whose hands and parts of her shirt are covered in dry blood.

Absol197
2016-01-12, 12:13 AM
At her mother's protest, Kemna looked down at her hands. There was blood. Then she remembered how it had gotten there. "No, it's okay, it's just Mister Kondanu's blood I..." seconds after the words were out of her mouth, Kemna realized how that particular turn of phrase might sound to someone who hasn't been present for the scene at the cantina.

"No no, I mean Mister Kondanu was hurt, and I helped him. And a Wookie. There was a shooting at the Angry Mynock and...well, I think I got us in trouble..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-13, 06:58 PM
Kemna's mother and father gasp at the sound of Mister Kondanu being injured. At the mention of a shooting Kemna's mother screams and she looks as if she is about to pass out. Her father holding her mother closely says, Save us Kemna... You know what happened to your brother.... we-we-we can't lose you. You're mother and I cannot handle it.Taking advantage of the sudden silence in the room Azral comes right up to Kemna's parents saying Sorry to interrupt, but I'm Azral and I helped Kemna out a bit back there. She helped me too. You both need to pack your things and leave now. The Imperials may be on their way here....

Absol197
2016-01-13, 07:19 PM
Kemna blanched when Azral laid everything out so bluntly, but she understood why. Standing around talking was putting them in danger. "She...She's right, aemya. We need to go. The Empire thinks I'm involved, and we could all be in danger." She tried not to think about how, from what Asral said, it would sound to her folks like she WAS involved.

And thinking about it herself, she had to admit that it felt like she was. "But, I didn't do anything, not really. I just found someone who was hurt and tried to help them, and it...well it turned a gust into a sandstorm..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-15, 03:30 PM
The blood drains from Kemna's family's face as they realize the situation they are in. Looking at her mother Kemna's father says Fine... we'll pack... to save the family.Together and and her mother rush through the apartment bringing small bags filled with clothes, some meager credits, and family holos. As they race through the apartment to pack Azral keeps a careful watch on the door ever wary for Imperials. Kemna moves slowly in the apartment finally being in her small bedroom. Her father calls out Kemna we need to go...Life long memories stand before Kemna as her father calls out as she must decide what if anything to bring.

Absol197
2016-01-15, 04:57 PM
Despite the danger, Kemna couldn't stop herald from lingering in the room. There was the wall where her mother had measured her as she'd grown; the simple bed she'd slept in her whole life. The small collection of keepsakes and curios she had carefully cultivated over nearly two decades. She was leaving it all behind...

Slowly, almost in a daze, she drifted around her room, collecting clothing and those small items she could never live without. Most of her collection would have to stay, but the glittering violet gem her brother had bartered for and given her shortly before he died ("It's the same color as your lekku, Kemyaet, it's like it was made for you!") was the one she couldn't leave.

Her meager bag thusly packed, Kemna returned to the entry. The walk seemed both too long yet far too short, her feet like lead as she joined the group gathered at the door. "Okay..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-18, 08:41 AM
As Kemna and her family walked to the door they stand together in stunned silence. The enormity of having to leave their home was too much for her mother to hold in. Silent tears fall like a new rain from her face as her father holds Kemna's mother, grimacing at the idea of leaving. Azral takes one full minute allowing Kemna and her family to absorb what is happening and says I'm sorry we cannot wait any longer. We have to go now. Quickly at that too. With that everyone jumps in the landspeeder its blue repulsors shining a light as the drive off into the night and into the black sandy deserts near the Kanthil mountain range....

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-19, 09:33 PM
Tremors in the Dark

KEMNA is on the run from the IMPERIAL REMMNANT with ex-commando Azral, along with Kemna's family. Azral using her aircraft as a bargaining chip has convinced Kemna to aid in the finding of the JEDI TEMPLE located near the mountains of KANTHIL.

As Kemna arrives to the location much is uncertain. Her family has left a home that they had known for their entire life, and Kemna is racked with uncertainty and fear as the night darkens.

Episode 2 : The Long Night

After an hour the landspeeder appears to be reaching the beginning of the Kanthil Mountain Range. While the moon above the planet provides some light, they only serve to make the mountains seem even more forbidding. The soft white-blue respulsors on the craft seem to almost be gliding over black ice.

Kemna's parents are in the back seat their arms wrapped around one another and holding what few mementos they were able to grab. Slowly the landspeeder comes to a halt about a mile into the valley. Azral looks at Kemna saying Listen, kid I know you've been through a lot. I have a pilot aboard the ship who will make sure your parents are safe. Before we rest up for the night I'll help you all settle in and then we can talk for a bit. Sound fair? Kemna upon looking at Azral's face senses a tiredness that has been kept at bay. The face of one who has seen too much, and enjoyed too little.

Absol197
2016-01-20, 12:04 PM
Kemna nodded. If that's what Asral wanted to do, then that what she'd do. While somewhat unfair to the soldier, Kemna couldn't help feeling that she and her family had become prisoners. Sure, the guard was kind and reasonable, but she still felt that she no longer had a choice in her own life.

Not that she vocalized that to the woman. Intellectually she understood that what they'd done was necessary, even if she could not yet reconcile it emotionally. The vision of the planet, shining and green and luscious, came unbidden to her mind, and she shivered as she felt it pulling at her. Now it was further away then ever, whatever it was...

She climbed out of the speeder as the humming of its drives wound down, and helped her parents out. "Aemya..." She murmured, wrapping her mother in a tight hug.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-21, 04:28 PM
Kemna's mother and father take a moment to stop and kiss her on the forehead. For a moment the whole family is holding one another, supporting one another, in the dark times they now face. Moving quickly through the brush there is clearing with a YT-1300 Freighter its engines off. The freighter is covered with a massive black tarp to help obscure it from detection from the air. Azral presses a button and a matte black gangplank extends from the ship.

Upon boarding Azral quickly helps Kemna's parents to find quarters helping them to unpack what few items they have left in the cargo hold. Helping them to their quarters she leaves them be as Kemna is escorted to her new living space. Kemna's new room is hardly like the one she new from home. Only a few meters across on both sides it is extremely spartan. There is a small cot crammed in the far corner of the bed, with a small dresser with a light next to it for reading. Other than that a faint overhead light flickers, its energy output not steady.

Azral helps Kemna into the room and begins taking off her armor. As she does so the odor of stale sweat fills the area and she lets down her long red hair, over her black jumpsuit she has underneath. Sitting down she looks at Kemna and whispers I'm so sorry.... Luke would have wanted... none of this... Azral looks down almost as if she is retreating to her own world.

Absol197
2016-01-21, 05:00 PM
"Have you...Met him?" Kemna asked cautiously. While she wasn't a fan of war (or conflict of any sort, really), she was somewhat curious about the man. He was famous enough to be spoken of in just about every establishment in the town she live...used to live in, and talking to someone who claimed to know him had piqued her interest.

"I don't think the whole...Force thing is real, but he's helped so many people, it'd be interesting to know what he's like."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-21, 07:42 PM
Azral pauses and smiles and crosses her legs leaning up against the wall and whispers, Yeah, I've met Luke... he's a good man. I'm one of the few that knows him rather well I think. At the mention of the force Azral smiles and says. "The Force is real Kemna. Not everyone has it it's a pretty rate thing. Azral's lips purse together and she is deep in thought weighing what to say next. "I've seen Luke use the force and what he can do is incredible. He's not showy he just..." Pausing for a moment Azral gathers herself and says "You ever been in class with someone that has all this incredible knowledge? When they do use it they use it just right, they don't try to showboat. That is what Luke is like with the force."

Azral's eyes closes and she says "Luke is a great man, funny, brilliant technician, and pilot. However, he's tired and has a huge burden on his shoulders. He's trying to start the Jedi Order anew and that...."Azral opens her eyes and looks at Kemna saying. "That cannot be done alone."

Absol197
2016-01-22, 01:32 AM
"I know what that's like," the young Togruta agreed. "My father is always working so hard to keep us going. We all do, but him the most, and he's always tired. Especially after Sashto..." She trailed off, her thoughts of her brother.

"I know what it's like to want to believe, too," she continued after a moment. "To want to be so sure there's something out there that has meaning, that there's more to it all besides, well, this." She spread her arms and gestured at the tiny room. "I mean, I keep having these dreams. There's a planet, and something on it keeps calling to me, like I'm supposed to go there, like it's important. But they're just dreams. They don't mean anything."

She sighed and sat down on the tiny cot, exhausted from the day. "I know you believe in the Force, like Mister Kondanu, and Rask. But I just...can't."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-22, 01:56 PM
Azral nods her head along almost absentmindedly as Kemna speaks. However, the mention of the planet Azral's attention focuses back on Kemna. Azral once again closes her eyes and a faint smile curls on her lips whispering. "I knew it." Azral's eyes snap back open and look towards Kemna with a sudden understanding and clarity in her eyes. Her mouth opening and shutting she finally says. "Kemna... it's real that planet that you speak of. That's where Luke is. Or at least was last time I communicated with him."

Smiling at Kemna she speaks in almost disbelief saying "Kemna the reason that I know Luke is more than the fact I work for him. He's also my master. I can touch the Force, though nowhere near as strong as him." Locking eyes with Kemna she says with certainty. "I can feel the force in you as well Kemna. It's not developed, but it's there."

Absol197
2016-01-22, 02:13 PM
Kemna stared in disbelief, then shook her head. "No, you're wrong. I just overheard some spacers talking about a planet that was nicer that this one, and the idea got stuck in my head. That's what my father thinks, and it makes sense. Life here is so hard, I just wanted something to believe in."

She pointed to the horn-like projections on her head. "My montrals are just more sensitive than normal. My mother says my grandmother was the same way; it looks like she always knew what people were feeling, and like she could see things before they happened, but it was because she could sense the teeny-tiny movements that most people couldn't, so she could make really good guesses. That's why it's so overwhelming to me when people are upset or hurt, because I can feel them so well it's like it's happening to me."

She stuck out her chin. "That's why I'm never going to be a good warrior, like you. It hurts too much to hurt other people."

She looked at Asral, somewhat abashed. "Sorry, you don't have montrals, so you don't know what it's like. I didn't mean...Some species are more sensitive to their environment, and it makes it seem like they can know things they shouldn't. But it's just their normal senses. Nothing supernatural about it."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-22, 04:11 PM
Azral looks at Kemna letting her speak fully. Letting out a deep pent up breath she says. You know if you didn't have the Force I would believe you about the planet. I thought that I was imagining things too you know?" Looking at Kemna she stands up and says. "This isn't just mere coincidence that is bringing us together. It's the Force. Master Skywalker sent me here on a mission for the Temple. He told me that I would find much more than I bargained for."

Biting on her upper lip Azral begins stretching saying "At first I thought it was just dealing with the Imperials... I've dealt with them before. Now I realize he was talking about you, about meeting another Force-Sensitive being." Azral begins to slowly pace around the small room almost talking to herself. "Listen, you mentioned your grandmother could make those really good guesses right? My bet is that she was using the force without realizing it. The Force often presents itself in families so you being able to sense what people are feeling and are going to do makes perfect sense.

Stopping in the room a few feet before Kemna she says "I grew up on Dantooine and I always thought that I was just lucky. That I knew when to duck a blow from the girls in school because I was good at fighting. That I'm a good commando because I can extract people from dangerous situations. Yeah, I may be good, but it's the Force that's guiding me.

Squatting on her knees she whispers to Kemna "The Force doesn't have to be used as a weapon, and I'm not saying you need to become a warrior. That is my passion as I believe I can help those too weak to help themselves in that fashion. Master Luke says there are a lot of ways people can use the Force look."

Without that Azral gestures towards the comlink that was on her suit. Nothing happens. As dead silence breaks the air she holds her hand in position as sweat begins to form. Muttering under her breath she maintains the gesture and finally the comlink flies quickly from the floor to her hand. Looking at Kemna she says "Look was that a trick? I mean yeah it took me a while, but I'm still learning." With that Azral flashes one of her rare smiles at Kemna.

Absol197
2016-01-22, 04:43 PM
Kemna jumped as the comlink leapt from the ground into Asral's hand. Her eyes wide, she looked at the comlink in disbelief, almost unable to process what her senses were telling her.

"How..." She held out her hand for the device. When Asral obliged her, she poured over it, looking for something, anything to explain what she'd seen. She couldn't feel any small wires, and Asral's wrists and forearms were bare, so there were no hidden devices. The comlink had no odd buttons, and it was too small to have a repulsorlift inside. Besides, she would have heard the hum. Maybe Asral had cybernetics...? Yes, that was it. A cybernetic implant that allowed her to direct magnetic fields. Lots of soldiers got cybernetics, and being able to pick up a weapon from a distance would be a major help on the battlefield. Wouldn't it?

A metal cup sat on the small table in the corner; Kemna dropped the comlink inside. If she was using magnetics, then she couldn't move the comlink without affecting the cup, too. "Do it again," she insisted. But despite the confidence in her voice, she bit her lip. What if...what if she could do it? What if the cup didn't move? What would that mean? Could it possibly be true that...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-22, 05:10 PM
Azral smiles at Kemna looking at her intently. "It's fine kid that you don't believe. It's a lot to handle for anyone. Just watch." With that Azral stretches out her hands. The comlink bounces in the metal cup and flies out into her hands. While the metal cup has shifted from the comlink moving around it's definitely not gotten any closer to Azral. With a smile and a fist pump in the air Azral squeals with glee. Covering her mouth she chuckles saying Sorry, Master Luke has been telling me to trust in myself more. Now do you believe me? Don't ask me to show you a lightsaber I don't have one of those." With a sudden energy in her eye Azrals wickedly smiles saying ""Yet."

Absol197
2016-01-22, 05:24 PM
Dumbstruck, Kemna sat down heavily on the small cot. Two halves of her mind were reeling, warring against each other. Everything she had known, everything she had experienced told her this was impossible. It couldn't be. And yet...What other explanation was there? She stared at the cup. No way it was magnetics - the cup would have been dragged along with the comlink.

The other part of her, the part that yearned for the unknown, the mystical, seemed almost aglow with possibility. If it was all true, if the Force was real...suddenly, her mind was spinning furiously, and she wasn't standing in that little room on that strange ship any more...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-22, 06:49 PM
As Kemna sat down Azral's face became blurry as a vision overtook her. Images flashed before Kemna's eyes almost too fast to see see. A vague image of stonework and a chill air overtakes Kemna. Suddenly, she is looking down at her hands pressing down on a pyramid shaped pedestal. A blue light emerges from the tip illuminating her bloody hands. The light continues to grow until it flashes ending the vision.

Kemna is yanked back to reality with Azral looking at her, head cocked to the side. Looking at Kemna she says "Hey are you alright? You looked kind of dazed for a minute there. I know this is a lot to take in. Do you need time to process it? I know I certainly did."

Absol197
2016-01-22, 07:01 PM
The young girl started as the swarm of images came to an end. "What was that?" She shouted. In her near-blind panic, she accidentally tipped the cot over, crashing down between it and the bulkhead of the ship.

Her heart racing and her body shaking uncontrollably, Kemna looked up from the awkward position she found herself in, wild eyes staring at Asral. "W-w-what was that, that thing?" She asked, scared and confused. Had it been in the room with them? No, it seemed like it was somewhere else. What was going on? She looked at her hands. No blood. How? Why was there blood one second and then...

Too frightened to even attempt to untangle herself, her shaking hands almost useless, Kemna looked at the only other person there, hoping she could help. "You saw it, right? The glowing...pyramid thing? It was here, wasn't it? You saw it?" She pleaded quietly, desperately.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-22, 07:23 PM
Azral's face pales turning alabaster and goes over to help extricate Kemna from her tangled mess. Moving her softly to the bed she coos over her saying Kemna, Kemna listen to me. You're here aboard a starship. I'm Azral and your family is here. What you saw it isn't here. Letting Kemna gather herself for a moment she backs away slightly giving her space. "Listen, while I've never had one before I think what you had was a Force Vision. I don't have them, but Master Luke has said that it is among the rarer and more refined ways to use the Force. That pyramid you saw... It's going to be involved in your future. Somehow." With that Azral grabs Kemna's hands softly and whispers "You're not crazy, you're going to be alright."

Absol197
2016-01-22, 07:42 PM
"I don't know what's going on!" Kemna cried, clinging to Asral, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know what to do! Why is this happening to me? I didn't ask for any of this!"

Huddled together with the woman she hardly knew, Kemna let herself cry. At that moment, she would give anything to go back to the day before, where things were simpler. She wanted desperately to deny it. If that was her future, all that blood...what had she done? What was she going to do? The future, always uncertain for her family, now seemed darker and more sinister than ever.

But in her heart, she knew that something had changed. Some wall she had put up to shield herself from the truth had come tumbling down. Clinging in Asral's arms, she could feel her heartbeat, the rush of her blood, the ebb and flow of her breath; but she could also sense her in another way - her concern and sorrow, her compassion, and the heavy exhaustion that lay over her. Kemna could tell now that this wasn't some physical reaction to her closeness, but something deeper and more potent, and shockingly clear now that she could tell the difference.

Any denial she gave at this point she would know was a lie. As she wept, her thoughts returned to her brother. He had teased her and taunted her, but he had always understood her oddities and quirks. He would have known what to say to make everything seem not as frightening. She found she was holding the glittering violet crystal he had given her - once again, though she had wanted to take it out, she couldn't remember doing so - and she held it tight.

This had been a really long night...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-23, 12:18 PM
As Kemna cried into Azral's arms, Azral stroked Kemna back whispering that things would be alright. With Kemna still clutching the crystal her brother gave her. Azral tucks her into bed for the night, turning off the flickering light. Once Kemna falls asleep, however she is greeted with little rest. Images of the green planet flash before her and a figure in a dark cloak looks from above a mountaintop whispering Come to me. Come to me Kemna. Learn the Force.The rest of Kemna's sleep is full of fitful tossing and turning as she settles into the night.

Kemna is awoken with the flickering light behind turned on, with Azral sticking her head through the door. "Hey kid, we need to get moving we don't have a lot of time. Get dressed and meet me in the cockpit, you can meet our erstwhile pilot. Then we can sort some things out before we head out.

Absol197
2016-01-23, 12:54 PM
Kemna opened her eyes as Asral turned on the flickering lights, but she didn't make any indication that she was awake. Truthfully, she wasn't sure she'd been asleep: she had been hovering on the edge between wakefulness and sleep for hours, it felt like. She felt numb, drained, and somehow more exhausted than the night before. And somewhere, mixed in with everything else, she was mad. Mad at Asral for coming into her life and turning it upside-down. So, Kemna waited until the soldier had retreated down the hall before slowly stirring.

Her eyes were still puffy; she had cried nearly all night. What sleep she'd gotten had not been restful: images, sounds, feelings, had clashed tumultuously through her mind the entire time. Some she had recognized as dreams; others, despite their disjointed and cryptic nature, had had a clarity of purpose too sharp to be anything other than visions, though what they had meant was entirely beyond her. Still others she wasn't sure of, and they could have been dreams, flashes of insight from...beyond...or some odd amalgamation of both. And through it all, that cursed planet had been there, as bright and clear as if she was seeing it herself. This time, she could even perceive vague reflections, as though she were seeing it through the transparisteel views of a ship as it approached.

And the new one, the man on the mountain...

She dressed slowly, mechanically, then drifted out of the tiny cabin she had been given. Asral hadn't shown her where the cockpit was the night before, but as she set out her feet seemed to guide her there automatically, like the path was as familiar to her as the one from her room to the kitchen at home. The floor was cold on her bare feet, but she hadn't worn her sandals. The harsh Socorran sands were too scalding to go barefoot as her people preferred, but the coolness of the steel, while stinging, was tolerable. She scowled at the fact that she seemed to know exactly where to go. Why won't it leave me alone? She wondered irritably.

Very soon, she found the long, curved hallway that lead to her destination. She could hear Asral and someone else talking at the end, and she made her way slowly towards them.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-23, 04:07 PM
Rounding the corner Kemna can hear the sounds of a male voice. "I'm telling you I'll pick you up when you're done."There is some muffled arguing and the man's voice raises again reverberating around the metal corridor. "We'll punch our way out of here, Imperial forces are light in this sector." As Kemna arrives at the cockpit she sees a male Zabrak arguing with Azral. The Zabrak has deep brown skin with horns jutting out from his head of a reddish hue. Azral, standing in her black jumpsuit mutters. "I get that, but they're going to be intrigued by the sudden lack of their operatives in this area. We don't know how often they need to make contact. Or if they have already."

Fully rounding the corner Kemna comes into view of both the Zabrak and Azral. Upon noticing her the Zabrak waves a casual hand in Kemna's direction. "So you're the kid we picked up, and you brought your whole family along too? Name is Garis Fal, but Azral over here just calls me Red." Pointing at his horns for emphasis he adds "So you'er going to help get into this Jedi Temple or whatever? Can't do it quick enough, I'm tired of this planet." With that Azral gives Red a harsh glare and grits her teeth. "Sorry for the less than warm welcome from Red over here. He hates being on the ground. We need to head out by the end of the hour. We've got to go to where I think there is a side opening to the temple."Jerking her hands in the direction of Red, Azral continues to say. "From our maps and intel we've gathered it seems that an old access tunnel may be useable. We won't know more till we get there. Red here is going to keep the ship hot so once we call in he can come in and get our butts out of here."

Absol197
2016-01-23, 05:08 PM
Kemna simply nodded as Asral laid out the agenda, her face impassive. She hardly felt in the mood for chatter, and felt consigned to participate in the mission. Within the hour was fine with her; the sooner they started, the sooner they could be done.

She wondered where they would be going once they had found the temple, but she lacked the motivation to ask. She would find out later. Hopefully it was a place where her family could settle into a life similar enough to the one they'd had. It was unfair of her to uproot them without giving them a chance to start over somewhere else.

Absol197
2016-01-23, 10:21 PM
Without a word, Kemna turned and left the two of them to their argument. She wandered back into the bulk of the ship, heading towards the cabin her parents had been lodged in.

The door was closed, and she knocked quietly, the sound echoing dimly through the hull. "Aemya? Aemat?" She called softly.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-24, 08:59 PM
As Kemna knocks on the door a soft groan pierces through the soft metal. There is some rustling of blankets and Kemna's father calls out saying. "Come in come in, your mother and I were sleeping." As Kemna walks in she sees her mother her head resting on her father's chest. Worry lines crease both of their faces and their eyes are red from tiredness and crying. Kemna's mother quivers at the sight of her and says. "Dear child, what is happening? Your father and I... we're so confused. We don't know what's going on, please tell us. Help us understand."

Absol197
2016-01-24, 09:27 PM
Kemna sat down at the end of the cot, her hands folded in her lap and her head bowed. "I...I don't know what's going on. I was just trying to help someone who was hurt..."

She took in a deep breath before continuing. "I had finished all my errands and was about to head home, when I heard someone calling. He had crashed his speeder, and he was trapped underneath. I got the speeder off him, but he was too hurt, and he died. He asked me to give his datapad to his friend - Asral - because she didn't know what had happened to him. She was staying at the Angry Mynock, so I took the datapad there. I thought..." Her voice caught, and she paused a few moment to collect herself. "I didn't - I didn't mean to - I thought I would just go there, give her the datapad, and come straight home. I didn't think...

"There was a virus on the datapad, and some Empire troops showed up. Their commander saw me with Asral. She said - and Mister Kondanu agreed - that since the Republic isn't very strong here, he might get out of jail or talk to his people. And there aren't many Togruta here, so if he does, It would be easy to find our home. We'd all be in danger." She moved over to embrace her family in a hug. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault," she sobbed. "Someone was hurt really bad, and I just wanted to help..."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-25, 01:24 PM
Kemna's parents look at her their heads nodding as they silently encourage her to continue her story. As Kemna joins them on the bed her mother and father engulf her in their arms. Stroking her head her mother whispers. "Shhhh.... my sweet child. It's ok you set out to do what we taught you. You helped someone who was in need. For that we are so very proud of you." Kemna's father, tears glittering in his eyes says with a hoarse voice. "We are proud of you, we were just taken aback is all... but you did the right thing."

Kemna's father gestures his hands to the hull of the ship saying. "Out there is so much violence and malice. You acted with kindness and compassion and for that we will always be proud of you. You also looked out for us too." Kemna's mother nods pulling her daughter closer saying "Honey your first thought was of us to make sure we were safe. For that both your father and I thank you." With that Kemna is fully embraced by her family all of them holding one another in silence enjoying each others company.

Absol197
2016-01-25, 01:39 PM
Kemna let herself melt into their embrace for a moment, feeling their presence, both physically and...emotionally. But there was more she had to say. She drew away gently and began stroking her lekku, a habit she had developed when she was nervous. "But to keep you safe, I had to promise her I'd help her with her mission. She's trying to find the Jedi temple, you know, the one from the legends."

She stopped her nervous fidgeting and looked her father in the eyes. "I'm scared, Aemat. Things are happening to me that I don't understand, and I'm scared." The vision of the pyramidal pedestal and her bloody hands resurfaced. She was going to hurt someone. "If I go, I might not come back. I don't want to leave you two alone. You were hurt so bad when Sashto..." She couldn't bare to finish. She knew all too well the pain they felt at the memory of their first child, and she didn't want to inflict it on them again.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-25, 03:40 PM
At the mention of the Jedi Temple both of Kemna's parent's stiff up and look at one another. Her father speaks first saying. "The Jedi Temple? Not that we mind you helping to keep us safe but... why there?"Kemna's mother jumps in cutting her father off from any more questions and looks Kemna firmly in the eye softly saying Don't mind your father he's just inquisitive. Daughter..." Kemna's mother takes a deep breath saying "Your father and I were terrified of letting you go anywhere after your brother died... but we can't stop you from going out. From experiencing life. It'll come to you sometimes." At the last remark her mother's voice curls upwards in a smile.

"It's ok to be scared, to not know what's happening. Things have been moving pretty fast, huh? We trust you and Azral as rough as she may be certainly knows her way around a gun. I'm sure she has your back. We do." At this both of Kemna's parents look at her smiling proudly at who their daughter is becoming.

Absol197
2016-01-25, 03:49 PM
Kemna wrapped her parents up in one more hug. Whatever she had done to deserve such a wonderful family, she was sure it hadn't been enough.

"Thank you. I love you both. So much..." She gave them a squeeze, then drew back. "Asral wants to leave soon. So I'm saying goodbye. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." She stood up and backed away slowly, holding her mother's hand for as long as she could until the distance forced them to separate. "I've got my comlink. I don't know if I'll be in range, but if you need anything, let me know. I'll force her to turn around if I have to."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-25, 07:37 PM
Kemna's father let's out a small laugh whispering in her ear. "If you're not back in a few days we'll raze the mountain trying to find you."Stroking Kemna's lekku he affectionately pinches one side saying. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."With that he let's out a chuckle as Kemna's mother continues to hold her tight. Her lips quiver almost as if she is about to say something, but merely looks at her daughter and nods. Respect is full in her eyes as she realizes how quickly her daughter is growing up.

The family reunion is cut far too short with Kemna quickly going into a landspeeder with Azral. Azral is once more in her armor and her blaster lays on the backseat. As the repulsorlifts bring the speeder deeper into the mountains Kemna has an eerie sensation that nothing will be the same. The first half hour of the ride is done in silence until Azral finally breaks it. ""Listen kid, I know you've been through a lot, but you can talk to me. I know I'm not your family but... there are things that I understand that they may not. We're going into a side tunnel, which I don't think the Imps know about. Taking her eyes off the steering for a moment Azral looks at Kemna and pleads. "If there is anything I can do for you please, let me know. You deserve it after all this."

Absol197
2016-01-25, 07:44 PM
Asral wanted to help, did she? Kemna had had quite enough of her "help," in her own estimation. Putting her and her family in mortal danger, uprooting them from their lifelong home, tearing her understanding of the world to pieces, and dragging her out into the desert on a misguided quest to find something that had gotten dozens of people killed. That wasn't the kind of help Kemna needed any more of.

"No, I think you've 'helped' more than enough, thanks," she replied. She was unable to keep some of the venom she felt from tingeing her words. Hopefully the winds and the thrum of the repulsorlift would drown it out...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-26, 08:23 PM
As Kemna's words utter out of her mouth Azral stiffens. For a moment Kemna isn't sure if Azral actually heard anything, but then Azral speaks eyes facing forward. "Listen kid, I'm not your mom or dad. You've got good parents. For whatever reason you chose to help. You could have walked away. I don't think you're that type of person." Silence envelops them as they continue for a few more minutes until they slow down reaching a small entrance about the width of a Human or a Togruta. Covering the landspeeder with the tarp Azral grabs her gun in both hands saying. "Alright kid, we go in get to the main temple. It should be easy right?"With that a small chuckle pours out of Azral's mouth and she gestures for Kemna to walk into the entrance.

Absol197
2016-01-26, 09:03 PM
I could have walked away. Sure, whatever, Kemna moped to herself. 'So, the Empire saw you do something nice for me which means your family's now in mortal danger, but I'll only protect them from my problems if you come along on this suicide mission. But hey, you can choose to walk away. I just won't lift a finger to help if you do.' Some choice that is. Kemna was almost grateful when the speeder slowed to a halt only a few minutes later, and she jumped out before it had come to a full stop. Walking around, even in the sweltering sun, felt good and helped to clear her head. As mad as she was with Asral, it wouldn't help to dwell on it now.

When her companion pointed out the entrance, Kemna eyed the tiny cave mouth skeptically. If some desert predator lived in there, it would be very close quarters. "I think the person with the armor and the gun should go first," she commented. "That person would be less likely to die in the event pointy teeth get involved." She leaned carefully against the rock next to the entrance, her eyes closed, listening and feeling with her montrals for anything that might be inside, particularly breathing sounds. "Korphut hounds love to sleep in caves like this during the day."

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-26, 11:10 PM
Azral shrugs her shoulders and enters the cave first where you quickly follow. The cave is a narrow passage, although it widens slightly after a few few given enough room for Kemna and Azral to stand abreast. Small lights flicker on and off on a line attached to the ceiling of the cave casting a gloomy shadow over everything it touches. As the descent into the cave begins the air begins to cool and signs of rust colored-congealed blood long since dried appear on the walls in handprints. Walking through the cave Azral mutters. "This is old... must be three or four days. I wonder what happened. Actually, who was down here to cause this?"

The descent continues for several more moments before the tunnel opens to a chamber with two separate passages one directly ahead and the other to the far left. Azral looks between the two and swears. "Stang, didn't know about this split. I haven't a clue of where to go. Your guess is as good as mine."

Absol197
2016-01-27, 05:44 PM
The bloody handprints on the walls unnerved Kemna more than they should. Yes, their relative recentness and the dark and foreboding atmosphere of the cave, with its flickering lights and unseen depths, added a certain chill to their presence, but together to the vision she had seen the night previously, they became loaded with an ominous weight.

Kemna was sure that they had been left there by those people who had gone out to search for the temple and hadn't returned, meaning something in here had killed them. She was also dreadfully certain that, somehow, in someway, she was going to hurt someone, or get hurt herself. All that blood she'd seen on her hands...

As they ventured deeper into the tunnel, Kemna walked so close to Asral that she was nearly stepping on her heels, huddled over, subconsciously using the powerful woman as a shield. She was so deep in worry over her dark reveries and studying the handprints on the walls that she crashed into Asral when she came to a stop at the junction ahead, barely able to stop herself from toppling to the floor.

Absol197
2016-01-27, 06:14 PM
A split! Kemna's heart soared for a foolish moment, thinking that maybe, since they didn't know where to go, they would just turn around, and she wouldn't have to see that stupid pyramid...

But at the thought of the device, her mind was drawn with laser-like focus down the tunnel directly in front of them. The sensation was so strong that for a dizzy moment she thought it would physically pull her off her feet. Asral had not even finished her sentence when Kemna blurted, "It's that way. Maybe half a mile."

She immediately gave herself a mental slap. Why? Why not just feign ignorance? Her instincts and the strength of the feeling had jumped to the fore, and she had spoken before she had even really known what she was saying. And her newfound sense of unerring direction tickled her mind with something else frustratingly vague. There was something in the room with the pyramid, stirring fitfully. This additional knowledge stoked the looming dread she had been feeling: whatever was going to happen, no matter how terrible, it was going to happen soon.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" She groaned. "It would be so much better not knowing what's coming..." As she looked around in desperation, a faint reflection from the flickering lights amidst the rocks near the tunnel in front of them caught her eye, and when she focused on what had caused it, what she saw did not make her feel any more secure. It was a shaped piece of white plastoid material, very similar to a piece of a shoulder plate like those on Stormtrooper armor. It was bloody too, only this blood was glistening...

"Umm...Asral?" She pointed again, this time at the glinting plastic. "That's not what I think it is, is it?"

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-28, 10:46 AM
Azral takes a moment and looks over in the direction that Kemna is staring at. Kneeling to the ground she picks up the hardened plastoid fragment. Her hands turn it over and she looks at it before placing it back on the ground swearing. "Stang, this isn't good.You ever seen Imperial stormtroopers? This is the armor, I think a shoulder piece, that they wear."Reaching into her belt Azral twirls a blaster in her hands. Pausing for a moment she sends tosses it to Kemna in a high easy to catch arc.

Readying her heavy blaster rifle she walks over closely to Kemna whispering. "From here onwards we need to be quiet. The force needed to taken off a fragment of the armor... I don't want to know what they're facing. We're going to find out soon anyway I expect." Looking at Kemna her face grimaces and becomes hardened preparing for an inevitable battle. "Listen, you've done well to trust the Force and use it to find our way. We're going to find this Temple, and we're going to make it through."

Absol197
2016-01-28, 11:28 AM
Despite the easy arc of the blaster, Kemna fumbled, juggling the device precariously before stopping it from tumbling to the rocky ground. Normally she would have protested the weapon, but the need for quiet outweighed her repulsion.

Trust in the...the Force? She wanted it to leave her alone, to stop showing her things she didn't want to know and taking her places she didn't want to be! But she didn't voice this thought, either, simply fell in line behind Asral, huddling as close as she could as they started down the new tunnel. Unsettling images of a pack or ravenous korphut hounds or a gigantic thrassynek rearing out of the darkness at them played on repeat in her head, and try as she might, she couldn't bring herself to believe that it was only the darkness playing tricks on her senses.

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-28, 04:32 PM
As Azral and Kemna descend deeper into the mountain and tunnel Kemna's brain begins to put several pieces together. The bloodstained handprints on the wall, their movement, spoke of being tracked. Of being attacked, or worse yet toyed with. As Kemna thinks about what it could be a possible answer arrives in her minds. Sorocco has a variety of feline predators that delight in tracking down and playing with their kills. Kemna thinks that they spend a significant amount of times in the mountains hunting.

However Kemna's thought is almost immediately banished upon exiting the tunnel into a large chamber. Approximately 30 meters in height, 20 meters wide, and 15 meters long there are old supply containers darting throughout the chamber. The air is cooler here and drops of water occasionally drop to the ground for stalactites overhead. At the far end of the chamber is a magnificent doorway almost reaching the top of the ceiling. On either side are two pedestals each with a blue pyramid atop of it.

However, in front of the door are 3 stormtroopers! Two seem to be regular troopers, while the other has an orange patch on one of his armor plate shoulders. As Kemna walks into the room she unfortunately steps on a piece of broken stalactite whose sound reverberates through the chamber.

Immediately the stormtroopers turn around guns blazed at where Kemna and Azral are both standing. The one with the orange patch begins to laugh saying, "Why if you wouldn't believe it. It's Azral and her little friend. I've found the Temple and going to capture you. Isn't this just... Perfect. His voice becomes more grim and harsh and he shouts out. "So how about it, why don't you both surrender and we can do this without the loss of limbs. You don't need those to make it back to him..."

Absol197
2016-01-28, 04:45 PM
Kemna quivered, her feet seemed rooted to the spot. Stormtroopers ahead, some feline monstrosity hiding in the dark behind, and the pyramids in front.

Seeing them with her eyes for the first time and knowing that they did something, their function seemed fairly obvious: they were the locks that opened the door, but how they worked she wasn't sure. That was less sinister than she had feared, but the situation was still dire. Trying to look around without being obvious about it, Kemna searched for something to hide behind, in the (extremely likely) case that Asral decided not to go quietly and started blasting. Maybe a stalagmite? One of the crates?

She didn't care much who the sergeant was referring to when he said "him." She figured it was simply more of Asral's personal trouble that she had managed to get wrapped up in...

Supercrazy DM
2016-01-28, 07:49 PM
At the sight of Kemna moving the troopers train the sights on her as she and Azral silently take cover. Looking at Kemna the lead trooper shouts "Fine, you don't want to talk? We'll get what we want out of you anyway." With that the troopers barrels level themselves towards Azral and combat becomes inevitable. In the corridor a sound emerges one that sounds like a large cat coming in to take its prey.

Absol197
2016-01-28, 08:02 PM
When the beast in the tunnel roared, Kemna screamed, her people's subconscious fears of large predators rearing up in her mind. She bolted, flinging herself to the right and away from the mouth of the tunnel.

She was able to keep enough presence of mind to dive behind a storage crate to protect herself from the inevitable rain of death from the trooper's blasters. I want to go home, she thought desperately, the words repeating like a monta in her head. I want to go home, I want to go home, I want to go home...