PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paladin (Hospitaler) 4 / Life Oracle 3 / Holy Vindicator 3 / Stalwart Defender 10

4BR4
2016-01-05, 04:14 AM
Paladin (Hospitaler) 4/Life Oracle 3/Holy Vindicator 3/Stalwart Defender 10

I was thinking to play an Oradin, then I liked the Holy Vindicator PrC, and then I read about the Stalwart Defender and liked the idea to use a Tower Shield.

A 1st Basic Build:

Race: human
Traits: Magical Knack (Life Oracle)
Ability Scores: (25 Points)
Str: 16 + 2 racial + 16 lv + 20 lv = 20
Dex: 13 + 12lv = 14
Con: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 7
Cha: 16 + 4lv + 8lv = 18

1P: Fey Founding,Dodge
2LO: Revelation: Life Link, Curse: Clouded Vision
3LO: Toughness
4LO: Revelation: Channel
5P: Greater Mercy
6P: Mercy: Fatigued
7P: Alignment Channel (Evil)
8HV: Channel energy (Paladin)
9HV: +1 level to divine spellcasting class (Life Oracle), Endurance
10HV: +1 level to divine spellcasting class (Life Oracle)
11SD: Power Attack
12SD: Defensive Power: Bulwark
13SD: Antagonize
14SD: Defensive Power: Halting Blow
15SD: Intimidating Prowess
16SD: Defensive Power: Intercept
17SD: Combat Reflexes
18SD: Defensive Power: Increased Damage Reduction
19SD: Lunge
20SD: Defensive Power: Increased Damage Reduction

I'd like to receive you suggestions if this will be a viable PC, and about the build.

Cheers.

grarrrg
2016-01-05, 09:23 PM
I'd probably drop the levels of Holy Vindicator and just take more Paladin or Oracle.

You really aren't getting all that much from the HV, and it costs you a junky-feat to qualify.
Vindicator's Shield: Spend a use of Channel Energy for a minor bonus to AC (+3 tops based on your build) that stops once you're hit.
Stigmata: Activates as a Standard to provide a +1 bonus to [thing], and bleed for 1 each round. Not worth the action cost, and "bleed" effects tend not to be common enough to use to "stop" them.
Faith Healing: I assume this is what you came for. Any Cure spells you cast are Empowered when cast on yourself. You don't have much for spell slots or caster level (5th level Oracle casting, boosted to 7th via Trait doesn't Empower for all that much).

Probably better to put those 3 levels towards +2 Paladin/+1 Oracle (Lay on Hands/Bab), or +3 Oracle (Casting/Revelations), and spend the requirement feat on something more useful.

Otherwise, so far so good.

4BR4
2016-01-06, 05:54 AM
Thank you grarrrg for your reply.

First of all I want to say you that I really appreciate you work on the Oradin guide, in fact I started from there for this build.

I'm taking 3 level in HV because of

Vindicator's Shield: is only a +3, but is a +3 on a Tower Shield, and to an already high AC, so I'm enough confident about how hard will be hit me.
Oracle 5 levels effective + 2 levels via traits: having an extended metamagic rod this means 14 hours of Shield Other, more than enough for a full day adventuring.
Channels: more channeling for the Paladin