PDA

View Full Version : demon hunter warcraft syle

khadgar567
2016-01-05, 11:19 AM
okay this class of mine needs some love so I am posting here to get some peach and beta testing
so here is the link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WMzL-22o4UcjUv-8gLqiwcTYeEtC__N48LfCfh1YHVE/edit?usp=sharing)
this class uses warlocks eldricth blast as their main damage dealing method you can use any destruction spere talents to boost the stuff
and i like to have your help making more talents

nikkoli
2016-01-05, 11:41 AM
Well I didn't get past eldritch coil before I was like wtf. It's usable at will like eldritch Blast from the warlock is correct? So at level 1 you deal 2d6 force damage. What does demon senses do? 60 dark vision and blindsight that only works on demons?
This is worded weird. So youre a warlock that gains double eldritch Blast damage, 20 charisma, at will (?) Flight at level 2, eidolon evolutions with no listed cap, 2x Charisma to bluff, proficiency in bluff (?), D10 HD that g oes up to D12 at lvl 5, 5 point immunity to all energy types (does that mean resistance?), eye beams starting at 5d6, mesmerize talents, occultist implements, and the focus pool. I'm sure I missed something but according to this you get: occult adventures + warlock+rogue+whatever spheres are.

khadgar567
2016-01-05, 11:56 AM
Well I didn't get past eldritch coil before I was like wtf. It's usable at will like eldritch Blast from the warlock is correct? So at level 1 you deal 2d6 force damage. What does demon senses do? 60 dark vision and blindsight that only works on demons?
This is worded weird. So youre a warlock that gains double eldritch Blast damage, 20 charisma, at will (?) Flight at level 2, eidolon evolutions with no listed cap, 2x Charisma to bluff, proficiency in bluff (?), D10 HD that g oes up to D12 at lvl 5, 5 point immunity to all energy types (does that mean resistance?), eye beams starting at 5d6, mesmerize talents, occultist implements, and the focus pool. I'm sure I missed something but according to this you get: occult adventures + warlock+rogue+whatever spheres are.
nikkoli sorry for hard to understand writing style english is my second language
so your questions
demon sense meant to give you easy way to see demons so its true sight only for finding demons
for coil its just eldricth blast done rigth so its just more damage
you are right with charismayou get 20 bonusN 20th level
for evolations they have a limit more like some of the mre problematic one s are banned
for bluff proficiency I think I keep it as it is
eye beams are optional talent so if you dont want dont get it but I still needed your options as more tallents
dice increase is intencional yep you understanded right since the class based on illidan stormrage its immunity right know
abd for spheres you get the whole list choose wisely

LoyalPaladin
2016-01-05, 12:42 PM
I'd suggest moving the information from your document to the post itself. The formatting on GitP is actually fairly intuitive once you learn how to use it.

nikkoli sorry for hard to understand writing style english is my second language
Learning a new language is always difficult. I'd suggest using punctuation (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly) and capitalizing your proper nouns (http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/proper-nouns.html). That would really help with the clarity of your posts.

Let me give this a go... I'll try to provide meaningful feedback.

demon sense meant to give you easy way to see demons so its true sight only for finding demons
This seems less than powerful, so there shouldn't be a large issue with it. Perhaps wording it like this:

Demon Sense: Years of training have honed your ability to detect demons and their ilk. A demon hunter gains true sight against all evil outsiders.

for coil its just eldricth blast done rigth so its just more damage
Eldritch Blast is probably one of the easiest features to break in 3.5, so granting more damage seems a little outlandish. While the Warlock got next to zero support in this edition, through a clever mix of multi-classing and prestige classes, people were able to create monstrosities like the claw-lock and glaive-lock. The maximum I'd give a warlock would probably be a +1 to damage per level of warlock, which is still a flat 20 damage at level 20.

you are right with charismayou get 20 bonusN 20th level
This is really crazy and probably more suited to a prestige class. Heartwarder (a 3.0 prestige class) granted a +1 to charisma at every even level, which was pretty great, but that's only a +5 at 10th level. The only thing comparable to this is Warhulk, which by level 10 gives you a +20 to strength, but you sacrifice all of your BAB.

for evolations they have a limit more like some of the mre problematic one s are banned
I'm going to have to skip this one, since I'm not well equipped to offer advice here.

for bluff proficiency I think I keep it as it is
The marshal's "Motivate Charisma" class feature is the only thing I can think of that gets close to this feature. Instead of doubling your bluff, I'd recommend adding a small, more reasonable bonus to it. Something like a +1 competence bonus for ever 4 levels of demon hunter you have.

eye beams are optional talent so if you dont want dont get it
I think that he was touching on the fact that it seems too powerful, not that it was useless.

I still needed your options as more tallents
You're going to want a more experience warlock user to help you with this. I won't be of much help.

dice increase is intencional yep you understanded right since the class based on illidan stormrage
You either want to scrap this ability, or move it deeper into the class. Dread necromancer has to wait until 20th level before it gets to switch to d12's.

its immunity right know
I think there is a communication error. Immunity to an energy means you become entirely unaffected by it. Resistance to an energy means you gain something akin to damage reduction to a specific energy. Example below.

Immunity: You are hit by a fireball that does 20 damage, you take none.
Fire Resistance 5: You are hit by a fireball that does 20 damage, you take 15.

khadgar567
2016-01-05, 01:01 PM
I'd suggest moving the information from your document to the post itself. The formatting on GitP is actually fairly intuitive once you learn how to use it.

Learning a new language is always difficult. I'd suggest using punctuation (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly) and capitalizing your proper nouns (http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/proper-nouns.html). That would really help with the clarity of your posts.

Let me give this a go... I'll try to provide meaningful feedback.
[QUOTE=LoyalPaladin;20262500]

This seems less than powerful, so there shouldn't be a large issue with it. Perhaps wording it like this:

Demon Sense: Years of training have honed your ability to detect demons and their ilk. A demon hunter gains true sight against all evil outsiders.
yep I gonna use yours on the class

Eldritch Blast is probably one of the easiest features to break in 3.5, so granting more damage seems a little outlandish. While the Warlock got next to zero support in this edition, through a clever mix of multi-classing and prestige classes, people were able to create monstrosities like the claw-lock and glaive-lock. The maximum I'd give a warlock would probably be a +1 to damage per level of warlock, which is still a flat 20 damage at level 20.
I advise you to look in to this old project of mine then re calculate the damage idea is kill tartaresque in mano o mano fight wit in one turn

This is really crazy and probably more suited to a prestige class. Heartwarder (a 3.0 prestige class) granted a +1 to charisma at every even level, which was pretty great, but that's only a +5 at 10th level. The only thing comparable to this is Warhulk, which by level 10 gives you a +20 to strength, but you sacrifice all of your BAB.
if you ask me mate 20 cha in 20th level is actualy good and

I'm going to have to skip this one, since I'm not well equipped to offer advice here.

The marshal's "Motivate Charisma" class feature is the only thing I can think of that gets close to this feature. Instead of doubling your bluff, I'd recommend adding a small, more reasonable bonus to it. Something like a +1 competence bonus for ever 4 levels of demon hunter you have.

I think that he was touching on the fact that it seems too powerful, not that it was useless.
I will think some thing for a fix

You're going to want a more experience warlock user to help you with this. I won't be of much help.

You either want to scrap this ability, or move it deeper into the class. Dread necromancer has to wait until 20th level before it gets to switch to d12's.
nope stays were it is we need real heavy hitters in d&d

I think there is a communication error. Immunity to an energy means you become entirely unaffected by it. Resistance to an energy means you gain something akin to damage reduction to a specific energy. Example below.

Immunity: You are hit by a fireball that does 20 damage, you take none.
Fire Resistance 5: You are hit by a fireball that does 20 damage, you take 15.
probably put some wording that allows cleric to heal but probably stays same as it is