PDA

View Full Version : Durkula just lying? I am confused.

Malfarian
2016-01-05, 02:15 PM
So Durkula is stating to Roy he's had a backup plan for this contingency, but I'm not sure how that's possible. It seemed that Durkula was not expecting to vamp the Exarch or his crew, he took it as a moment of opportunity. Am I misreading this here or is Durkula just full of it.

Mal

Keltest
2016-01-05, 03:51 PM
While Durkon is no doubt trying to portray himself as smarter and more prepared than he actually is, it seems likely that "find some poor unguarded person and convert them" was one of a handful of contingency plans he had prior to going in.

factotum
2016-01-05, 06:16 PM
I don't think planning to vamp a few extra personnel when you're out of sight is such an impossible thing to do. Heck, if the Exarch hadn't been daft enough to walk off alone with Durkula I'm sure the latter would have found some way of getting them alone for the bite. Durkula also has the advantage that Hel is presumably very familiar with the way the Godsmoot works (her entire plan revolves around knowing that level of detail), so he probably knew in advance that there would be Creed of Stone members around ripe for the picking.

Malfarian
2016-01-05, 06:52 PM
I don't think planning to vamp a few extra personnel when you're out of sight is such an impossible thing to do. Heck, if the Exarch hadn't been daft enough to walk off alone with Durkula I'm sure the latter would have found some way of getting them alone for the bite. Durkula also has the advantage that Hel is presumably very familiar with the way the Godsmoot works (her entire plan revolves around knowing that level of detail), so he probably knew in advance that there would be Creed of Stone members around ripe for the picking.

Oh duh! Thanks! Surprise was exarch, not getting a vamp.

Pyrous
2016-01-05, 07:05 PM
I agree with Keltest and factotum. Durkula is a priest of Hel, it's part of his job to get his goddess more worshipers.

Converting members of another church during a godsmoot is pure genius. Think of the exposure!

And the slogans:

"Church of Hel: the fastest-growing church of the Northern Continent."

or

"Former stoners say: 'Hel is better than Earth!'"