PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A small quarrel. Need some "clairvoyance"

andysowhat
2016-01-05, 03:17 PM
ok, so I just made a magic bow and i rolled for what enchantment my bow got just for the fun of it. I got a flame enchantment on my bow, giving it a 1d6 fire damage, and it is glowing.

he says that I can't deal fire damage with my arrows. The arrows itself must be enchanted for them to deal fire damage. But yes I will be doing fire damage if I use my arrow as a baseballbat.

So do my bow only get fire damage when I use it as a baseball bat?

Minor issue my bow is glowing. Can I turn of the glowing effect of the bow?

Psyren
2016-01-05, 03:28 PM
Show him the "Flaming" entry from your DMG, which states (bold added):

Flaming

Upon command, a flaming weapon is sheathed in fire. The fire does not harm the wielder. The effect remains until another command is given. A flaming weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of fire damage on a successful hit. Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the fire energy upon their ammunition.

Your arrows thus deal fire damage too.

For your second question, glow is actually a separate property (though mostly redundant with a flaming weapon:)

Light Generation

Fully 30% of magic weapons shed light equivalent to a light spell (bright light in a 20-foot radius, shadowy light in a 40-foot radius). These glowing weapons are quite obviously magical. Such a weapon can’t be concealed when drawn, nor can its light be shut off. Some of the specific weapons detailed below always or never glow, as defined in their descriptions.

As noted above, even if your bow didn't have this property, being on fire would certainly cause it to shed light as well.

EDIT: Also, kudos on the thread title pun