PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Robber Knight Advice

Molosse
2016-01-06, 10:40 AM
So I'm wanting to build a Freelancer style Cavalier character, utilizing Dirty Tricks/Sneak Attacks and other similar tactics since there's a bit more support for that playstyle since the Dirty Tactics Toolbox. To that end I have a few options to go for, all however within the framework of a Knight-Errant Cavalier.

A) 1-4 levels of UnRogue. Grants 2D6 SA, a pair of Rogue Talents and the Debilitating Injury ability. However also leaves the character with -1BaB
B) 1-4 levels of Slayer. Grants D6 SA, a pair of Slayer Talents and a weak Studied Target bonus.
C) Rogue VMC. Costs 5 feats across 19 levels but grabs Evasion, Uncanny Dodge and a scaling SA upto 4D6.
D) Low Templar PrC. Fits the concept of the character pretty well, with a bonus' to both Combat Maneuvers and SA, Crusader is a bit of a dead ability unless you happen to be dealing with a alot of CE Outsiders but what can you do.

So some ways to bring the concept together upto level 12:

I) Gendarme/Emissary Cavalier 8 / Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 (VMC Rogue): Grants us the most SA dice out of the bunch, grants us full BaB and grants us the ability to use Dirty Tricks whenever the character Sneak Attacks. Finally both Emissary/Gendarme and Slayer Talents help make up for the feat deficit from the VMC.

II) Emissary Cavalier 8 / Low Templar 4 (VMC Rogue): Grants the same SA dice as the previous option, full BaB again and Emissary granting Mounted Combat helps with the PrC's prereq's. However no Slayer Talents or Bounty Hunter Dirty Trick interaction hurts the build somewhat.

Anyway, any other ideas how to help me with the build?

Florian
2016-01-07, 03:03 AM
Iīd do it a bit differently:
Elf Slayer (Stygian Slayer) VMC Cavalier (Order of the Eastern Star).
Feats should go to the Elfen Battle Torrent chain, as well as Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, (Improved Shield Bash and TWF) and Improved Dirty Trick. This will give you some additional AoOs and some further trigger conditions that let you start your Dirty Tricks quite frequently w/o costing you anything and not provoking AoOs itself.

The synergy here works like this:
- Order of the Eastern Star letīs you partially ignore the penalties of TWF and Combat Expertise.
- The Elven Battle Torrent chain gives you +2 AoOs and well as a bonus to CMD/CMA.
- Missed attacks due to Combat Expertise trigger your AoOs.

See if you can get a Headsmanīs Blade redone as an Elven Curve Blade. Start invisible and assassinate your first target, follow up by a challenge and maxed-out combat expertise, doing dirty tricks as AoOs.