PDA

View Full Version : Trickster Class

LordAlabast
2016-01-06, 12:21 PM
I'm sure at least one of you know of the video game series called "Fire Emblem". Well, I'm a big fan of it! I love it! Though in particular, I adore the class called "Trickster". They can dodge most attacks, and are proficient with swords, especially the Levin Sword, which uses magic instead of physical attack. Not to mention, they are also proficient with healing staves.

In the current campaign I'm in the character I'm using has been specifically modeled after King Gangrel from FE: Awakening, his design cloning him, and his attitude sharing characteristics; he's even the ex-king of Plegia!

As it stands I don't know much about how DnD mechanics work, but I'd love to have a class similar to Fire Emblem's Trickster. I was wondering if anyone interested would care to perhaps make a class for me? I've looked around but can't find anything similar.

Most of what I'm looking for is proficiency with minor healing spells and a higher dodge that isn't unnoticeable, but also not game breaking. All I ask is that it be parable with the Bard class with most points going into Bluff and Diplomacy, which is what my character is right now. You can add whatever other class features you like, including other spells and attributes that you think seem like nice touches.

Thank you for your assistance in my ridiculous endeavors! If any of you give me anything I'll run it past the DM ^_^

NOTE: The game is a regular d20 3.5 round.

Flickerdart
2016-01-06, 12:27 PM
Proficiency with healing items is as simple as pumping your Use Magic Device skill, which bards already get. As for dodging, consider learning spells like blur or displacement that give you a miss chance. A 1-level dip into Battledancer lets you add Charisma modifier to your AC when unarmoured.

Telonius
2016-01-06, 12:48 PM
"Cure Light Wounds" is a spell that's on the Bard list already, so you'd be able to use a Wand of Cure Light without any special investment.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-06, 01:31 PM
Proficiency with healing items is as simple as pumping your Use Magic Device skill, which bards already get. As for dodging, consider learning spells like blur or displacement that give you a miss chance. A 1-level dip into Battledancer lets you add Charisma modifier to your AC when unarmoured.
Agreed- Bard already does pretty much what you want, and it's not hard to pick up the rest. If Battledancer isn't on the table, a level of Monk and the Ascetic Mage feat (Compete Adventurer) will do the same. Snowflake Wardance (Frostburn) lets you use Cha (your magic stat, in this case) to attack with a sword. You could also trade the Bard's armor proficiency for Cha to AC via homebrew and be good to go.

Troacctid
2016-01-06, 01:40 PM
There's also the Jester from Dragon Compendium, which is basically a variant Bard that gets a dodge bonus to AC as one of its class abilities.

gorfnab
2016-01-06, 04:15 PM
How about just going with Factotum instead of Bard + X combo? UMD as a class skill, martial weapon proficiency, an ability to add Int to AC, minor healing, and minor spellcasting.

John Longarrow
2016-01-06, 06:13 PM
Hmm... Multiclass?

Swordsage for Wis to AC (and some very useful maneuvers)
Factotum for Int to AC
Battle Dancer for Cha to AC + unarmed damage

By level 6 you should feel very hard to hit.. :D

LordAlabast
2016-01-06, 08:25 PM
Hmm... Multiclass?

Swordsage for Wis to AC (and some very useful maneuvers)
Factotum for Int to AC
Battle Dancer for Cha to AC + unarmed damage

By level 6 you should feel very hard to hit.. :D

I have been in no combat in my campaign (I'm always out of town when they get in fights...) so I'm not sure about how AC works. By adding these to it, I believe you mean the modifier? HAH. Then the last thing I need is adding Wisdom to it. -1 Wisdom modifier o.o There's a reason he's the EX-King.

Otherwise, thanks for you guys' advice! It really does help! I think what I'm looking at right now is...

Bard4/BattleDancer1/Mountebank6/Virtuoso9 (The Mountebank being the version with alter egos).