PDA

View Full Version : Durkon (spoilers/speculation whatever you want to call it)

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-13, 10:23 AM
Here we have 3 factors

Factor 1) Durkon was ejected from his homeland because it was prophesised that he would bring disaster to the dwarfs

Factor 2) Durkon was prophacised to return to his homeland dead

Factor 3) meteor swarm (because if I dont say it someone else will)

So my theory stands that Xykon or some other major villan will try and attack the dwarfs. (possibly Kraagors gate is in the dwarf land I dont know) so the OOTS go there to warn the dwarfs. Durkon is the only dwarf and therefore most likley to be trusted so he goes alone to the gates. The other dwarfs are worried about the doom he brings and so kill him. Durkon arrives dead at his homeland and cant warn them about their doom and so brings disaster to the dwarven homelands.

CardinalFang
2007-06-13, 10:34 AM
Interesting. Personally, I think that the "doom" will just be Xykon, and that he will die in some way tying in to Kraagor's death.

Also, you should probably mark this as Origins spoilers, so people don't come in here expecting just regular comic stuff and get a face full of backstory.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-13, 10:35 AM
Oh its from origins. I just saw it on the boards recently. My bad.

squidthingy
2007-06-13, 10:41 AM
Here we have 3 factors

Factor 1) Durkon was ejected from his homeland because it was prophesised that he would bring disaster to the dwarfs

Factor 2) Durkon was prophacised to return to his homeland dead

Factor 3) meteor swarm (because if I dont say it someone else will)

So my theory stands that Xykon or some other major villan will try and attack the dwarfs. (possibly Kraagors gate is in the dwarf land I dont know) so the OOTS go there to warn the dwarfs. Durkon is the only dwarf and therefore most likley to be trusted so he goes alone to the gates. The other dwarfs are worried about the doom he brings and so kill him. Durkon arrives dead at his homeland and cant warn them about their doom and so brings disaster to the dwarven homelands.

The note in this comic clearly shows that the prophesy is no longer with the dwarves so the other dwarves won't get worried and kill him

Asarth
2007-06-13, 11:48 AM
I also think that the doom and destruction Durkon is supposed to bring will be Xykon. The OOTS might need to go to the Dwarven Lands for some reason, but Durkon will be killed along the way, and the remaining order members will drag his corpse to the homelands to be raised/buried. Then Xykon follows the order, which includes Durkon.

Although I'm probably wrong.

factotum
2007-06-13, 11:53 AM
I would agree that the original prophecy is no longer known among the dwarves, but I also think you're basically right--that Durkon will arrive, dead, in dwarven lands as part of the events surrounding Kraagor's gate. (We know that Kraagor was a dwarf, and while the defences of that gate were built by Serini, it seems reasonable to suppose the gate itself is quite possibly in dwarven territory).

evileeyore
2007-06-13, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Greek Prophesy Fulfillment.The Gods Must Crazy.

This is as possible as any other interpretation here.:smallbiggrin:

(Granted I don't think it will happen this way, buuuuut it is a very poetic means of fulfilling both prophesies. Thumbs UP!)

TheNovak
2007-06-13, 05:56 PM
I'd spoiler this, but eh. Anyone who read the OP's already gotten stuff spoiled for 'em!

The High Priest of Thor got the prophecy from the High Priest of Odin, and we don't know if the Odin-dude's dead, or whether or not he informed the others of his order. So TheAlmightyOne's prediction could actually be pretty valid.

EDIT: Because it was the High Priest of THOR who cast Durkon out and then died without telling anyone else about the prophecy. Not the High Priest of Odin.

Just clarifying.