PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember a rpg world.

choken1
2016-01-07, 03:02 PM
I recently remembered reading an old roleplaying book about a world that was possibly part of gurps, although I could be wrong about that.

The defining part of this world was that nuclear power causes all kinds of freaky stuff and that the Trinity test (when the US detonated its first nuke) caused a major cataclysmic event that actually opened up a portal to another world. No one can get anywhere near this portal, due to all the reality warping that it causes. Every time someone attempted to detonate another nuke, it ended up opening up another portal, messing up the world even further. Most speculate that if another nuke were ever to go off, it would end the world.

I've been wanting to read up some more about that world but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyone out there, with better memory than mine?

GrayDeath
2016-01-07, 04:40 PM
Sounds weird and interesting.

I`m almost sure it ahs to have "Atomic" in its Nme somewhere.....^^

Sam113097
2016-01-07, 10:21 PM
After a quick bit of Googling, I think I found it! Is it GURPS Technomancer? (It was only mentioned in an old rpg.net forum thread, so that might not be correct). It sounds pretty cool.

ngilop
2016-01-08, 03:41 AM
I know white wolf came out with a game with the same storyline when I was in highshcool senior year I think ( 2001)

where JR Oppenheimer saying the Indian saying 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds' and it causes everything to go to hell literally. with portals opening up and all kinds of everthing coming through.

I do not rmember much about the game cuz I was like 'this is really really rip off-ish of rifts for me.

but I do remember a religious order getting the best armor in the game an one fo the playable races was 4 arms yeti like things.

choken1
2016-01-08, 05:07 PM
After a quick bit of Googling, I think I found it! Is it GURPS Technomancer? (It was only mentioned in an old rpg.net forum thread, so that might not be correct). It sounds pretty cool.

*Ding Ding Ding*

We have a winner. Thank you.

Edit: Out of curiosity. What keywords did you use? I was looking for nukes and portals with GURPS mixed in.

Sam113097
2016-01-08, 08:32 PM
*Ding Ding Ding*

We have a winner. Thank you.

Edit: Out of curiosity. What keywords did you use? I was looking for nukes and portals with GURPS mixed in.

I think that it was "RPG setting trinity portals" or something like thas. I was trying to search things related to the Trinity test because that seemed pretty unique for an RPG setting

LibraryOgre
2016-01-11, 05:51 PM
Played a number of sessions in Gurps Technomancer. It was a Vietnam era game, and we were Marine Corps Aviators... dragons, actually. Zippo Squadron, Semper Fire!