PDA

View Full Version : Epic Feats

Gamereaper
2016-01-07, 11:17 PM
Do you need to be level 21+ to take them? What if you manage to meet prerequisites for a feat beforehand?

Jeraa
2016-01-07, 11:24 PM
From the description of epic feats:

Characters gain epic feats in the following ways:

At 21st level, and every three levels thereafter, the character may select an epic feat in place of a nonepic feat.

Each character class gains bonus epic feats according to the class description. These feats must be selected from the list of bonus epic feats for that class.

I think it was the Draconomicon (it was one of the dragon books) that added another way for dragons - dragons of a certain age category or above can select epic feats even if they don't have 21 hit dice.

Gamereaper
2016-01-08, 12:15 AM
I figured there was some way to. I just wasn't entirely sure. Too bad the character I'm making for someone can only be human.

2016-01-08, 12:19 AM
I figured there was some way to. I just wasn't entirely sure. Too bad the character I'm making for someone can only be human.

This, incidentally, is why dragonwrought kobolds are so popular in TO...and so infamous: they count as true dragons, and operate based on the same rules...meaning they can take epic feats at level 1. It's incredibly cheesy, but it's technically RAW...maybe. Debates on the legality pop up often enough for it to be questionable, and it's definitely not RAI at all.

Graypairofsocks
2016-01-08, 12:25 AM
Abominations can apparently choose Epic feats at any level.

ryu
2016-01-08, 12:37 AM
This, incidentally, is why dragonwrought kobolds are so popular in TO...and so infamous: they count as true dragons, and operate based on the same rules...meaning they can take epic feats at level 1. It's incredibly cheesy, but it's technically RAW...maybe. Debates on the legality pop up often enough for it to be questionable, and it's definitely not RAI at all.

Actually all dragons can do that true or not. The debate over true dragon status is purely a matter of prereqs for some stuff. The dragonwroughts are undeniably dragons.