PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 Gauntlet?

171akup
2016-01-07, 11:46 PM
I have tried to find good stats for the Gauntlet in Fable 3, but have not found any good detail ones so if anyone could help that would be appreciated. Also I have thought to make it out of something not metal and also give cool spells with a drawback of consuming blood to cast the spells. I would enjoy other suggestions, like should higher levels be unlocked. :smallbiggrin:

MisterKaws
2016-01-08, 02:53 AM
There's guidelines for magic items in the DMG, you could simply throw a lot of at-will abilities at it, though I'm pretty sure that would result in a minimum of 300k gold for that thing, so you'll have to limit it a bit, maybe make some abilities x/day.

171akup
2016-01-09, 04:05 AM
There's guidelines for magic items in the DMG, you could simply throw a lot of at-will abilities at it, though I'm pretty sure that would result in a minimum of 300k gold for that thing, so you'll have to limit it a bit, maybe make some abilities x/day.

I would use it but the specific rules for aoe of fire, lightning, ice etc. and also the combo of fable 3 and D&D need custom rules. Also the consuming blood to cast I need custom stats for as well. So a simple guideline won't help as needed. :smallbiggrin:

MisterKaws
2016-01-09, 06:27 AM
I would use it but the specific rules for aoe of fire, lightning, ice etc. and also the combo of fable 3 and D&D need custom rules. Also the consuming blood to cast I need custom stats for as well. So a simple guideline won't help as needed. :smallbiggrin:

Use either arcane fusion or energy admixtured spells to combo spells.

About HP price, this gets cheesy pretty fast. A wand of lesser vigor can heal up to 550 hp for 750 gp, thus this gauntlet could potentially be an infinite spell-spamming tool if paying with HP to use items, that's why that shouldn't be allowed, it gets out of hand pretty fast.

meemaas
2016-01-09, 11:02 AM
Use either arcane fusion or energy admixtured spells to combo spells.

About HP price, this gets cheesy pretty fast. A wand of lesser vigor can heal up to 550 hp for 750 gp, thus this gauntlet could potentially be an infinite spell-spamming tool if paying with HP to use items, that's why that shouldn't be allowed, it gets out of hand pretty fast.

Unless of course you make that damage unhealable by any means.

Lalliman
2016-01-09, 11:09 AM
And that's how the Pathfinder Kineticist was born.

MisterKaws
2016-01-10, 02:30 PM

First of all, temporary damage.

Second, no one in their sane minds would use an item that deals unhealable damage unless it casts Apocalypse from the Sky, Wish, Chain-Gate's Solars, or some other kind of cheeky shenanigan. Removing your HP permanently, even if it's for a day only, can mean instakill, and actually goes against his concept, as he wants them to be at-wills.