PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Superiority Dice

DonElektro
2016-01-08, 06:21 AM
Here is the question, if my 3lvl Fighter have the ability Combat Superiority and then I pick the feat Martial Adept, I will have 5d8 Superiority dice or 4d8 and 1d6? The description in the feat is a bit confusing

"lf you already have superiority dice, you gain one
more: otherwise, you have one superiority die, which
is a d6. This die is used to fuel your maneuvers."

With this description I just get +1 die.

Except this, If I was human fighter 1lvl and got Martial Adept a have 1d6. When I level my fighter to level 3 I get four more ď8s. Is this right or I miss something?

Kryx
2016-01-08, 06:52 AM
"If you already have superiority dice, you gain one more;"

5d8 is the answer.

Shining Wrath
2016-01-08, 07:19 AM
"You gain one more" seems clear enough. The feat is more useful for the Fighter than for the wizard.

DanyBallon
2016-01-08, 07:29 AM
Here is the question, if my 3lvl Fighter have the ability Combat Superiority and then I pick the feat Martial Adept, I will have 5d8 Superiority dice or 4d8 and 1d6? The description in the feat is a bit confusing

"lf you already have superiority dice, you gain one
more: otherwise, you have one superiority die, which
is a d6. This die is used to fuel your maneuvers."

With this description I just get +1 die.

Except this, If I was human fighter 1lvl and got Martial Adept a have 1d6. When I level my fighter to level 3 I get four more ď8s. Is this right or I miss something?

In the case you take the feat at level 1 and then go the BattleMaster route at 3rd, by RAW you'd have 1d6 and 4d8. But if you talk with your DM he may well agree that your d6 upgrade to d8 the moment you become a BattleMaster.

obeseboywonder
2016-01-08, 07:52 AM
In the case you take the feat at level 1 and then go the BattleMaster route at 3rd, by RAW you'd have 1d6 and 4d8. But if you talk with your DM he may well agree that your d6 upgrade to d8 the moment you become a BattleMaster.

There was errata on this subject:

Martial Adept (p. 168). The superiority
die is added to any others you have, no
matter when you gain them.

DanyBallon
2016-01-08, 07:56 AM
There was errata on this subject:

Martial Adept (p. 168). The superiority
die is added to any others you have, no
matter when you gain them.

Ah! Thanks, I must have overlooked that errata :smallsmile: