PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Tashalatora tripper

TheTomikaze15
2016-01-08, 10:54 AM
I'm looking for some help with this build. Generally don't want to multi class anymore but I can afford to take 2 more levels in something due to practiced manifestor. Basically playing a lawful good psychic monk that trips. This is what I have so far;

Race: human
Class Ardent 1/Passive Way Monk 2/Ardent 17
Str: 15
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 18(17+1)
Cha: 9

Feats:
F: Improved Initiative
F: Monastic Training: Ardent
1st: Practiced Manifestor
2M: Combat Reflexes
3M: Improved Trip
3: Tashalatora
6: Knockdown

Now we are going to be level 7 at start of the next session and I made this character quickly so I kind of just grabbed mantles willy nilly, ended up with Primary: Force and Freedom, secondary: Conflict and was going to add Time with my 5th Ardent level. My DM let me use the substitute power acf and put expansion into the conflict mantle and that said these are my powers that I have so far.

Level 1: Dimension Hop(Freedom), Force Screen(Force)
4. Expansion(C)
5. Hustle(Freedom)
6. Telekinetic Force(Force)
7. Time Hop (Time)

Now I talked with my dm and I wasn't really sure about what I had done so he's allowing me to rework the characters mantles and powers one time. So this is when I come to you guys. How does this look so far? Any recommendations? Also I'm not sure where to go in the future. Superior unarmed strike and improved natural attack for feats? What powers should I look forward to without using something that will break the game?

Also one last thing, this campaign is my first time using fractional BAB and I was wondering if I calculated correctly. With 1.75 from monk 2 and 3.75 from ardent 5 my current BAB is +5 at level 7, right?

ComaVision
2016-01-08, 12:03 PM
Any chance of switching out Ardent for PsyWar? Easier to get your best powers that way.

TheTomikaze15
2016-01-08, 03:45 PM
Any chance of switching out Ardent for PsyWar? Easier to get your best powers that way.
I may be able to swing that. If I was able to what would you recommend? Though it is concerning to lose the power points.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-01-08, 03:52 PM
Ardent with substitution can gain access to powers that the PsyWar needs to spend feats on, as well as having more PP. It depends a lot of what your DM lets you take with your upgraded mantles. What do you have so far with actual powers on your mantles?

ComaVision
2016-01-08, 03:56 PM
I may be able to swing that. If I was able to what would you recommend? Though it is concerning to lose the power points.

You could pick up the nice powers that you have currently (Expansion, Hustle, maybe Force Screen), and I'd also recommend Psionic Lion's Charge and Vigor. You can use one of your extra feats to grab Psicrystal Affinity so you can grab Expanded Knowledge later and do a Share Pain + Vigor combo with your Psicrystal for a massive temp HP boost.

I agree the reduced PP has to make you a lot more mindful of how you spend it but on the other hand, all the PP in the world isn't that great if you don't continue getting great powers as you level up.

The Psychic Warrior Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?162701-3-5-The-Psychic-Warrior-Handbook) has a good breakdown of the powers by level (as well as Expanded Knowledge suggestions) as well.

TheTomikaze15
2016-01-08, 08:39 PM
Ardent with substitution can gain access to powers that the PsyWar needs to spend feats on, as well as having more PP. It depends a lot of what your DM lets you take with your upgraded mantles. What do you have so far with actual powers on your mantles?

My dm let me sub expansion into conflict so I currently have:

Mantles: Freedom Force as primary, conflict time as secondary.

Level 1: Dimension Hop(Freedom), Force Screen(Force)
4. Expansion(C)
5. Hustle(Freedom)
6. Telekinetic Force(Force)
7. Time Hop (Time)