PDA

View Full Version : Road to Redemption (IC)

DarkPI
2016-01-08, 11:24 AM
You are in the town’s tavern, sitting together not because you know each other but because you are all strangers in the town. You have been sitting in silence for about 5 minutes, understanding that none of you want to talk about the past, when a man bursts through the door of the tavern.

He is a fairly big man with long dark hair and big black beard. His dark blue eyes immediately look to your table. Wearing long purple robes embroidered with gold, he screams wealth. When he draws near, you see a medallion bearing the trade guilds sign, and you understand why someone as rich as him is in a town like this. When he gets close to the table, he begins talking to all of you:

My name is Albreich, the trade guilds representative in this town. I make sure I know everything that comes in and out of this town, and I have noticed you have all decided to stay here for a time. I must make sure you can stay here and won't cause us any trouble. You are strangers to our town who are secretive and quiet. If you are not merchants, why are you here?

Silent_p
2016-01-08, 12:28 PM
Jalana had looked over the others in the tavern earlier and, content with the silence, had taken to looking out the window at the occasional passers-by. Her last job hadn't been taxing - no fighting speak of, merely ensuring that his lordship didn't stray into any obviously unsafe areas. Some coin in her pocket and little to do at that moment, this tavern and a glass of wine had seemed like a manageable next step. Perhaps there would be music later on...

The sudden and brisk entrance of a man shattered her thoughts and the quiet of the day. A quick look confirmed he was wealthy and likely used to being both listened to and obeyed. She disliked him instantly. His demand for information only fuelled her irritation. A quiet drink. All I wanted. If I'd come to be interrogated, I'd have gone and punched a town guard...

A frown on her face, she spoke in a quiet, annoyed tone. "Just enjoying a peaceful drink. No cause for all your bluster."

WMO?
2016-01-08, 12:30 PM
I can't speak for the others, as we've hardly met, but I have been traveling, looking for worthy work.

DarkPI
2016-01-08, 12:57 PM
I simply want to make sure the town is safe. If you want work, follow me.

Seemingly satified with your answers, he turns and walks back out the tavern without a word.

Irish Musician
2016-01-08, 01:18 PM
Rue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=672371), Tiefling Monk
Rue had been sitting in the corner of the room, oddly enough this time with a bunch of other strangers, for a time now. No one seemed to have a problem with his looks and heritage, but he didn't want to spoil the moment by talking and risk having people who actually seem to not hate him, to leave. He sipped his wine and just enjoyed the silence.

Then a big, boisterous man walked into the bar and immediately looked at his table. He was worried, so with a quick hand that passed in front of his eyes, they changed from his pale, bright, almost white blue, to a fiery orange. This is his go-to color when he uses his innate abilities to hide his true eye color, just in case. The man was going on about them causing trouble. rue, certainly, didn't want any trouble...from this man or anyone else. He kind of nervously smiled while a couple of the others gave some answers. The man seemed ok with that and told them if they wanted work, to follow him, and then just left. Rue let out a large breath and took a large gulp of his wine.

"Well, since the silence has been broken....I guess I'll introduce myself. I am Rue, and like you all I am looking for work...as well as just trying to do what I can to help people. I come from a monastery in the forest, and have left there to walk the world for a spell." After his introduction, Rue took another big gulp and after his glass & hand left the front of his face, his eye had changed back to their original color.

Alegast
2016-01-08, 06:40 PM
Danan has been visiting this tavern for weeks now. It was her favorite place when she arrived on this town, fleeing for her past. The old lady she helped was kind that day and paid her well, and the spare money became a delicious mug of foamy dark ale. For days she had noticed those other guys that, like her, preferred the solitude of tavern and the understanding indifference of both the owners and the patrons.

There was a dark haired human woman and an elf... she must be cautious around him, because he would uncover her scam (about being only an exotic elf). And last was that scary guy, with horns and all. She never saw one of those in the feywild. She had crossed paths with him since she arrived at Stone Helm, but never talked to him...

Then, a fairly big man with long dark hair and big black beard appears from nothing and began to talk to the group. Why this man assumed they were a group? But he offers work and she would better not get the bad side of the people of the town. For now on, she must play along.

"Well, of course. If you think my abilities would be of use for you, count me in..." she smiled, trying to look serene and calm.

Zergrinch
2016-01-08, 07:08 PM
The massive Goliath was minding his own business, nursing some mead in the tavern, when some loud boisterous man inflated with his own self importance starts to imperiously interrogate him and the strangers around him. It was brave, nay, reckless of him, really, since the barbarian can pound him to the ground fairly easily.

Fortunately for him, Zugg wasn't in bad humor, and is currently operating with a Goliath's typical insistence on playing fair.

"Zugg just passing through," his voice a deep rumble and causing the tavern to shake a bit. "Need help with something?"

Silent_p
2016-01-08, 08:28 PM
The man's hasty entrance, brusque demands and curt offer of work left a sour taste to Jalana's wine. Day's not going to get any better sitting here. She looked at the others as they briefly introduced themselves. Guess we're an odd bunch if you lump us all together... Some of them seemed nervous but earnest, others calm - including the goliath to her mild surprise. She glanced at her her wine, then her gear and finally the door. A little extra coin couldn't hurt. Hope I don't have to suffer through that fool for long.

Rising to her feet, she nodded at the others. "Jalana," she said quietly. "Seems I'm looking for work no more than the rest of you." She gestured towards the door. "We'd best move if'n we want to see what he's about." She collected her possessions smoothly and began heading out of the tavern.

Albinobrow
2016-01-08, 11:51 PM
You are in the town’s tavern, sitting together not because you know each other but because you are all strangers in the town. You have been sitting in silence for about 5 minutes, understanding that none of you want to talk about the past, when a man bursts through the door of the tavern.

He is a fairly big man with long dark hair and big black beard. His dark blue eyes immediately look to your table. Wearing long purple robes embroidered with gold, he screams wealth. When he draws near, you see a medallion bearing the trade guilds sign, and you understand why someone as rich as him is in a town like this. When he gets close to the table, he begins talking to all of you:

My name is Albreich, the trade guilds representative in this town. I make sure I know everything that comes in and out of this town, and I have noticed you have all decided to stay here for a time. I must make sure you can stay here and won't cause us any trouble. You are strangers to our town who are secretive and quiet. If you are not merchants, why are you here?

The youngest of the group is obviously offended at the bearded mans comment and with no hidden amount of playful disdain responds:
Come on Albreich! What are you playing at? It's ME! REESE! You know, the handsome little devil that's been wooing all the ladies with his music. He gives both ladies at the table a wink.

At the prospect of coin and seeing that everyone else seems to be getting up, he plays a little exit music on his pan flute, and tags along.

"Well, since the silence has been broken....I guess I'll introduce myself. I am Rue, and like you all I am looking for work...as well as just trying to do what I can to help people. I come from a monastery in the forest, and have left there to walk the world for a spell." After his introduction, Rue took another big gulp and after his glass & hand left the front of his face, his eye had changed back to their original color.

Rising to her feet, she nodded at the others. "Jalana," she said quietly. "Seems I'm looking for work no more than the rest of you." She gestured towards the door. "We'd best move if'n we want to see what he's about." She collected her possessions smoothly and began heading out of the tavern.

Rue. Jaalannaaa. Hello hello. I'm Reese. THE Reese. I believe some of you have seen my show here, right? It's a decent gig, but room and board can only go so far. You know what I mean? Without waiting for a reponse he continues, Now you big fellow, you said your name was Zzurg? Zog? And what about you m'lady? What can I call you?

WMO?
2016-01-09, 01:34 AM
Why do non-elves have such a hard time with this?

"I'm an elf, not a lady!" Eirios told the winking halfling. "And my name Eirios--" Suddenly he stopped speaking, with a sound like his throat was suddenly closed, and he looked upset for a second. Then resignedly, he finished. "Eirios. Eirios Noname. I've only recently arrived in Stone Helm. It's nice to meet you all."

Alegast
2016-01-09, 04:55 AM
Rue. Jaalannaaa. Hello hello. I'm Reese. THE Reese. I believe some of you have seen my show here, right? It's a decent gig, but room and board can only go so far. You know what I mean? Without waiting for a reponse he continues, Now you big fellow, you said your name was Zzurg? Zog? And what about you m'lady? What can I call you?

She doubted at first, but then realized she was the only one who doesn't have said her name yet.

Why do non-elves have such a hard time with this?

"I'm an elf, not a lady!" Eirios told the winking halfling. "And my name Eirios--" Suddenly he stopped speaking, with a sound like his throat was suddenly closed, and he looked upset for a second. Then resignedly, he finished. "Eirios. Eirios Noname. I've only recently arrived in Stone Helm. It's nice to meet you all."

"I guess he was talking about me, Eirios. I'm Danan of..." she didn't finished the phrase. No, she has lost the right to be known by her tribe name. "You can call me Danan" she smiled.

Zergrinch
2016-01-09, 05:43 AM
Without waiting for a reponse he continues, Now you big fellow, you said your name was Zzurg? Zog!

Normally, all creatures who are not Dragonborn, Goliath, or Half-Orc are puny to Zugg. The hulking Goliath clearly stands out in a crowd. Imagine his surprise at being addressed by this... tiny tiny blond haired human. No, humans aren't that tiny. What manner of creature is this?

"Tiny little man... thing," rumbles Zugg who is straining as he bends over to get a good look at the Bard. "How you know Zugg clan? Zzurg is sister, Zog is uncle."

Silent_p
2016-01-09, 09:27 AM
Deciding not to stay for anything after the introductions, Jalana stepped out of the tavern into the street. Stone Helm was a small place really and it was easy to imagine little of note had ever occurred within the village limits. Mostly a stopping point rather than a destination.

She glanced back inside at the motley crew and grimaced faintly. Maybe his concern wasn't so unreasonable. Still no call for the attitude, though. She looked around for the man who'd promised them work.

Irish Musician
2016-01-09, 09:51 AM
Rue listened and nodded as the others introduced themselves. Well, at least no one seems to be running in fear. OR trying to stab me. This is starting out better than many of my conversations with others, he thinks to himself. He nods to Jalana, "I suppose you are right on that one. If we take too long, he might give the work out to someone else." Rue threw a few coins down for the waitress and started to follow Jalana out the door, and towards the work.

DarkPI
2016-01-09, 11:03 AM
When you get outside, Albreich is waiting.

Well, is this it? Or are more of you coming. I do hate being kept waiting. As a representative of the trade guild, I ought to be given a measure of respect. He waits of a couple seconds and then hands Jalana a bag of money (15gp) and contract. If any of your "compatriots" wish to join they can. I expect regualr updates and a degree of subtlety. He says that last thing with a glare at Reese. Then, without saying goodbye, Albreich turns and storms off into the town.

Sorry, forgot that I was bolding npc talk.
Also, the gist of the contract is this:
The villagers have been getting angry at the nobles for the last two months and it is getting worse. The trade guild fears a strike, and so you have been hired to figure out a way to put an end to the problem quickly. They do not care what happens to the villagers or the nobles, only that the situation is fixed. It suggests finding and attending a villager meeting or meetting the baron. Payment is dependant on how quick you fix the problem and how many loose ends you wrap up. Included in the contract is a letter of passage to get into the castle and suggestion to use the gold as bribe money.

Alegast
2016-01-09, 03:01 PM
Danan left the tavern when Albreich finished his talk and them goes into the town.

"Well, what we have to do?", she asked to Jalana.

Silent_p
2016-01-09, 08:06 PM
Jalana, glad that the merchant had departed, was still reading the main points of the contract as others were exiting the tavern. "There's some kinda dispute 'tween the locals and the nobility here. Trade guild wants the problem solved - imagine so's it doesn't eat into their profits," she said, without looking up. "We're to mediate, I guess, make sure there's no strike. Meet with both sides."

Reaching the end of the paper, Jalana glanced around those nearby. "There's a letter of admission to the castle and some coin." She shrugged and held out the document to anyone who wanted to see it. "Payment depends on being quick and clean."

Albinobrow
2016-01-10, 03:45 AM
If any of your "compatriots" wish to join they can. I expect regualr updates and a degree of subtlety. He says that last thing with a glare at Reese. Then, without saying goodbye, Albreich turns and storms off into the town.

As Albreich walks away, Reese scowls and sticks his tongue at him. He then looks around at the group of strangers hoping to see if anyone found him amusing.

Jalana, glad that the merchant had departed, was still reading the main points of the contract as others were exiting the tavern. "There's some kinda dispute 'tween the locals and the nobility here. Trade guild wants the problem solved - imagine so's it doesn't eat into their profits," she said, without looking up. "We're to mediate, I guess, make sure there's no strike. Meet with both sides."

Reaching the end of the paper, Jalana glanced around those nearby. "There's a letter of admission to the castle and some coin." She shrugged and held out the document to anyone who wanted to see it. "Payment depends on being quick and clean."

After hearing the task Reese exclaims, Onward then! And starts marching away from the tavern. Three steps down the road he comes to an abrupt halt, does an overly flourished about-face, and marches three steps back to the group. Does anyone actually know where we're supposed to be heading by chance?

Zergrinch
2016-01-10, 03:57 AM
"Zugg not know," Zugg says as he lets out a tremendous shrug. He doesn't quite understand how he got roped into mediating a dispute, but he might as well see it through.

WMO?
2016-01-10, 01:55 PM
"I saw the castle on my way into town, we could try going there to find out more about what's going on, and hear what the nobles think," Eirios offered.

Why did you say that, you know there's going to be things you want there. Stupid, stupid!

"Or we could talk to people here first, and not go to the castle just yet, maybe?" he hastily added.

Silent_p
2016-01-10, 02:17 PM
Jalana nodded slowly at Eirios' suggestion. Definitely ain't in the mood to deal with a bunch of stuffed shirt nobles.

She looked at the others. "Not really interested in takin' charge or forcin' anyone into followin' me but I'd say talkin' to the workers'd be the best first step." She grunted, glancing in the direction the merchant had headed. "More likely to get facts."

Alegast
2016-01-10, 02:38 PM
Danan followed Jalana.

"I guess, this is the best course of action" said nervously.

She didn't knew how to talk to humans properly, and following someone with more experience would be better.

DarkPI
2016-01-10, 02:59 PM
As more of your "group" begins coming out of the tavern, a cold wind blows down from the mountains, and a light rain begins to fall. Those of you not used to this this kind of weather pull your coats a little closer to you. The tavern that you just left, called the Pit Stop, is loacated on the cross-section of the Great Road and River Road. The Great Road leads farther into town and is where most of the shops are located. This is the direction Albreich went, though you can't see him anymore. River road, leads across the river and up towards Castle Kirkven which is home of Baron Kirkven, ruler of Stone Helm. Stone Helm in general is a hodgepodge of shops and houses based around the river and the Great Road. A small hill rises to the south, on which a stone church is located. The strangest feature of the town is the excavavtion behind the church of a red ziggurat made of a dark red stone. The excavation was partly done by nature when a sink hole opened into a fungal cavern. None of you have asked about this yet.

As you begin walking towards town, you notice that few shopkeepers are open today. In fact, there are just less villagers than normal. After a couple minutes of walking, a young man with his head down bumps into your party and falls into the mud. You catch a brief flash of fear as he stammers: Mm mmy my apologies, wasn't looking w-w-where I was g-going. I-I'll be on my w-w-way now. He quickly stands up and begins to hurry off. He mutters something under his breath that you can't quite catch.

Stupid. Stupid. Eagon doesn't want us talking to the outsiders. Eagon doesn't want outsiders at the meeting tonight. I don't want Eagon to punsh me. Stupid. Stupid.

Irish Musician
2016-01-10, 05:49 PM
As they are outside and figuring out what to do, Rue stands and listens to this newly formed group before weighing in with them. If the monks taught him anything, it was patience. Then a youth walks right into Zugg, bouncing off and landing in the mud. Rue immediately tries to help him up, but the youth pops up and starts walking away. He hears him say something, and maybe this information will help them out. Once the youth is a ways away from him, "The kid that just fell seemed to be mumbling to himself. Something about a meeting and them not wanting outsiders there or talking to "the outsiders." He said he might get punished by some....Eagon. Don't know what all that is about, might behoove us to follow him, though, and see what all that is about. I'll follow him and see what I can find out." Rue throws the cloak over his head and starts to walk after the youth, keeping to the shadows in case the kid looks behind him.

Stealth [roll0] to keep from being seen following him and casting Thaumaturgy as he goes to dim any lights whose path he may have to cross.

DarkPI
2016-01-10, 06:08 PM
Rue throws the cloak over his head and starts to walk after the youth, keeping to the shadows in case the kid looks behind him.

Seemingly too preoccupied to notice Rue, the youth walks to the stone church. When he gets there, the old wooden doors open, and he enters. Right before the doors slam shut, he casts a furtive glance around the street, but does not notice Rue

Irish Musician
2016-01-10, 06:11 PM
Rue watches the youth go into the church and as soon as he enters, Rue runs back to his companions. "The meeting is at the church in the town. I'd go alone, but given my appearance, I don't think they'd feel too kindly with someone like me walking into the church alone. Though, if I hide behind the big guy, here, there might not be as much of a fuss." He looks around at his new companions, "What do y'all say? Go talk to the townsfolk at the church?"

WMO?
2016-01-10, 08:53 PM
"None of us exactly blend in. Even Jalana, who's at least human, armored and tough as she looks, would probably be seen as "an outsider" like that guy said. Do any of you have a way we could listen to what's going on in there, without having to go inside?"

Albinobrow
2016-01-10, 08:59 PM
Rue watches the youth go into the church and as soon as he enters, Rue runs back to his companions. "The meeting is at the church in the town. I'd go alone, but given my appearance, I don't think they'd feel too kindly with someone like me walking into the church alone. Though, if I hide behind the big guy, here, there might not be as much of a fuss." He looks around at his new companions, "What do y'all say? Go talk to the townsfolk at the church?"

Sounds as good a plan as any I could come up with! And he didn't see you at all huh? Not sure how he could miss you! HA! He slaps Rue as high on his back as he can muster, jumping up just a little bit. But seriously, you practically disappeared back there. That as amazing! I can be pretty stealthy too! See? With that he runs behind Zugg waiting for a comment from anyone.

Silent_p
2016-01-11, 09:56 AM
Jalana said nothing but watched as Rue followed the youth. She hadn't caught what had been muttered but there seemed little reason for tiefling to lie about it. Seems eager. She momentarily lost sight of him as he tracked the local and little was said in the few minutes before his return. Like the others, she listened to Rue's report. The church. She gave Eirios an odd look as he voiced his opinion. Least I'm human? Folks really that bigoted 'round here? She thought of the merchant and his bluster. Huh. Maybe so.

As the halfling darted behind the goliath, Jalana spoke up, looking at Rue. "Good work. Sounds like a start." She glanced at Eirios. "Not sure spyin' on folks'd be the best way t'mediate a dispute. I'd vote t'head straight in, make our intentions clear. They got issue with any of us 'cause of what we look like, best get it in the open early."

Alegast
2016-01-11, 02:32 PM
Danan listened to all, quietly. She even listened to the scared human. Never thought the humans were scared of her, the old lady was so kind...

Again, Jalana's idea was the best course of action.

Zergrinch
2016-01-11, 06:10 PM
Zugg lets out a frown and starts crossing his hands. The shenanigans he is seeing does not seem to be in the spirit of fair play.

And yet, the hulking Goliath says and does nothing.

WMO?
2016-01-11, 06:52 PM
"If you say so...let's get on with it then." Eirios waits until everyone starts walking toward the church, then falls in next to the halfling behind Zugg's broad back.

He bends down and whispers to Reese:

"I'm going to follow your lead on the stealth point."

Albinobrow
2016-01-11, 11:03 PM
He bends down and whispers to Reese:

"I'm going to follow your lead on the stealth point."

Reese let's out a, not surprising, child-like laugh, and happily leads the way flitting this way and that way, while playing on his pan flute setting the mood.

However, once the church comes into view, he puts his pan flute away and actually quite stealthily approaches the door. Slowly racing up for the handle he looks back at the group making sure they are with him before attempting to open it.

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 07:29 AM
As Reese approaches the church, he can hear two people muttering behind it. As he gets close he begin to make out words

Then I says to 'er, this is the best part 'enry, then I says to 'er

Oy, shut yer stupid pie hole!

But 'enry, I wus just gettin' to the good part. . .

Yeah, but I says shut it! Them outsiders James was talking about are here

Ohh, thats bad. Eagon gonna rip James apart. I told that little blighter not to go out but-

I SAID SHUT IT!
As Reese gets pretty close to the door, one the voices cries out
Hey! No outsiders in the church. We dont want nobody disrupting our holy ritual of . . . of . . . the Villager Godess! Please go bother someone else today

Nice job 'enry, just like we prac-Shut it.

The guard is lying about a ritual and the godess. Also, if anyone was trying to stealth, give me roles so I know how many people the "guards" see.

Zergrinch
2016-01-12, 09:18 AM
Insight check: [roll0]

The massive Goliath plods into the church, every footfall shaking the ground and distracting the guards from whatever shenanigans the tiny little man is planning behind Zugg's back.

"Zugg know there no holy ritual. What you doing in there? You act strange, Zugg can tell."

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 09:42 AM
As the barbarian strides into the church, ignoring the outcry of the guards, he sees a decently sized crowd standing infront of a dias, seemingly waiting for someone. This view is immediately obscured by the pitch forks of the guard.
Hey, I said go bother someone else. Scram. Villager buisness only. Don't make me and Henry here "convince" you.

The other guard smiles and leans in to say:He means kill you

Zergrinch
2016-01-12, 10:06 AM
Zugg nonchalantly brings out a gigantic pike, easily weighing eighteen pounds, from his back. Quietly tapping it on the ground as if it were a quarterstaff, the Goliath looks at the puny man with amusement.

"You threaten Zugg?"

General ability check to determine ability scores and possible character level of Guards - stronger than Zugg, or weaker? I'm thinking this is intelligence or wisdom based: [roll0] (Add 2 if wisdom-based)
A Perception check to see what Zugg notices about the guards - weapons carried, possible class (Fighter maybe?): [roll1]

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 10:20 AM
The guard blanches at your pitchfork and looks at you with fear. He then saysW-w-well, maybe we could talk with our superior about letting you into the religion. Why don't you go wait outside with your friends while we talk with our leader. We may have spoken hastily. Please? He gestures with his pitchfork to the outside.

They seem fairly weak and their equipment is just farming equipment repurposed for fighting. Zugg could easily take them. You think they have probably never had their authority challenged and thats whyb they reacted so angrily.

Irish Musician
2016-01-12, 10:24 AM
Rue smiles at the big man's intimidation without actually having to say much of anything. Rue steps up behind the big man, hood of his cloak pulled over his head, and talk from behind Zugg, "Gentlemen, we are not here to fight, or even make a scene. We are here to try and help the feud that is going on here. We understand that the nobles are not treating you right. We want to talk with both you, and them, and try to make things right for all of you. Please, let us inside so we can all discuss it like peaceful, civilized people."

Persuasion [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 10:29 AM
Both the guards nod and then say You seem like good people. I apologize for my rash behavior, but I still must talk with Eagon. This go much smoother if you wait outside. We will get you in a couple minutes. Please? He gestures again to the door.

Irish Musician
2016-01-12, 10:33 AM
Rue nods back, "As you say." He then puts a hands on Zugg, "Come on, big man, no fighting yet. Lets stand out here for a moment so we can get off on the right foot." Rue then walks away from the doors and waits for the summon back inside.

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 11:28 AM
After a couple minutes outside, the guard creaks open the door a bit and says: Eagon has said that he would like to meet with you later today at his house. You have also been invited to the sunset meeting which will be here. He will consider your mediatin' at his house and discuss it at the meetin' with the whole town. He says that if ya' enter the church agaon without permisission, the whole deals off and he'll make sure noone talks to you about nothin'. See you at sunset. And with that he sshuts the door, leaving you in the cold rain of Stone Helm for a couple hours of free time.

Zergrinch
2016-01-12, 11:44 AM
Zugg allows the puny Tiefling to take charge of the situation, and can't help but snicker at his complete failure to make any headway. Perhaps the tiny little man has been more successful at infiltration...

Left with little else to do but wait, the Goliath amuses himself by carving crude drawings into the ground with his pike...

Alegast
2016-01-12, 02:32 PM
Danan, hearing what Eirios said to Reese, follows the little halfing. Maybe her teleporter abilities would be of help.

"It would be more easy if I would payed attention to the elder", she sighed, "in cat form I would have infiltrated that church easily".

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 02:40 PM
As the sneaky group goes around the church, they find that the only other way in is a locked cellar door in the back.

Silent_p
2016-01-12, 05:50 PM
Jalana suppressed her irritation at Reese's playing. Time and a bloody place! They headed for the church Rue had noted. The place was... well, 'guarded' might have been a little generous but there were two men keeping watch. As they took in the group, they became abrasive and belligerent. She feared a confrontation was imminent when Zugg began posturing but, to his credit, he cowed them.

Rue was quick to step in and defuse the tension. 'Least there's someone with a clear head. Wouldn't fancy my chances bein' nice to such idiots... When the men departed, she approached the tiefling and gave him what she hoped was an appreciative nod. Unsure whether to say again, she let the moment pass.

On hearing the ultimatum from the watchers on their return, Jalana grimaced. Not likin' the sound o' this one bit. Some kinda cult? She looked at the others to gauge their reactions, only to note several members of their group were missing. "Where in the bleedin' hells have the others got to?!" She hissed at Rue.

WMO?
2016-01-12, 07:04 PM
Eirios thinks to himself, No harm in finding another way in, as long as we're quiet about it.

He slips off quietly to check around the sides and back of the building, finding no other entrances but a cellar. Looking around to make sure he isn't being watched, he checks the door, but finds it locked. It seems like a simple enough one, like plenty he picked back in Rashavaca...

Stealth around the building: [roll0]
Perception for onlookers: [roll1]
Thieves' Tools for trying the lock: [roll2]

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 07:28 PM
Eirios trips and falls in the mud while trying to be stealthy, but then immediatly recovers with an incredibly fast lock pick, so fast that the others don't have time to realize it was ever locked in te first place. He finds him self looking down a dark and dusty stone stair way into the church, seeming forgotten and unguarded. As he looks up to make sure no one is looking, he notes that their are no backwards facing windows and feels quite comfortable that no one has seen them.

Alegast
2016-01-12, 07:32 PM
Danan quietly follows Eiros, recalling her days as a scout in her tribe. If Eiros and Reese weren't able to enter but they could find her a way, she will infiltrate the church via teleport and open a way for them.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 07:36 PM
As Danan begins to move into the cellar, she notices an eerie cold seeps into her bones and a faint groan echoes up the stairs, raising the hairs on the back of her neck.

Edit instead of new post: The cellar itself is a fairly small room, with casks and barrels lining the walls. A pallet of sacks dominates the center, and a passage in the back leads further into the church. Another groan, this time slightly louder, echoes from further down the passage.

Alegast
2016-01-12, 08:04 PM
Danan immediately stops and rethink her movements. "For now, the better option is to wait for the others." While there, she tries to focus her senses to get an idea of what could be that wrongness she felt.

Perception check: [roll0]
Danan will wait until Reese or Eiros are near her, to warm them about what lies beyond

DarkPI
2016-01-12, 08:11 PM
Danan gathers that something has been misplaced in the natural order near here and that the casks are full of really old beer, the barrels are full of apples and the sacks are full of nails and grain. She also notices a slight smell of smoke, as if someone had recently lit a fire or torch down here. Finally, she notices a slight bend in the pallet, as if the floor was not solid beneath it.

Irish Musician
2016-01-12, 11:18 PM
Rue nods back to Jalana, thankful there is at least one more person here who seems to have sense. "The monk taught me a great deal about patience, in the monastery, Jalana. Looking as I do, having patience really is a virtue." She then realizes that some of the others have wandered off, and then Jalana says something. Rue roll his eyes, If I make a promise, I keep it., he thinks to himself. He goes around back of the church, because that's where he'd be. As soon as he sees the others poking around, "HEY! Stop that. I gave them my word we wouldn't enter yet. So get out of there! We can sneak in there later!" He taps his foot and waits for them to get out of there.

Albinobrow
2016-01-12, 11:37 PM
Reese grumbles to himself.

No fun..

Rue. I respect you. I don't understand why, but I do. I might be able to learn something from you. I guess we wait..

If we are going to be working together, perhaps we should get to know each other better. Anyone hungry?

WMO?
2016-01-13, 02:44 AM
Eirios looked around again nervously. He knew that standing around in the entrance of the building you just broke into was not trespassing best practices. He quietly called down into the cellar, "Danan! I don't like the sound of whatever's down there, and we know now that we can easily get back in this way. Why don't we get out of here, lock it back up and go with the others?"

Making sure no one is around, inspecting ziggurat and other odd surroundings curiously from distance: [roll0]

Alegast
2016-01-13, 03:28 AM
"The floor is stranger there", she pointed to the pallet. "We must investigate, but you speak truth, we need the others here".

Danan, as always, couldn't make up her mind.

DarkPI
2016-01-13, 07:06 AM
Eirios thinks that the Ziggurat is made of interesting stone and that some of the fungi in the hole might be able to harvested for food/supplies.

WMO?
2016-01-13, 03:25 PM
"It will still be strange when we get back, and we will come back to investigate it. But I really think we need to get moving!"

Alegast
2016-01-13, 04:48 PM
"If you say so..." seeing the insistence, Danan followed Eiros.

Silent_p
2016-01-13, 05:46 PM
As Rue left to look for the others, Jalana felt the temptation to join him. No. Best if we're not all caught doin'... whatever.

Alone with the goliath, she looked up at him. "Never goes smooth, does it?"

Irish Musician
2016-01-14, 11:08 AM
Rue starts to scoot everyone back to the front of the church, "Look, we will come back later and search around, when they are all gone. But I don't think it would be prudent to do it now. Not if we want to gain their trust and try to solve this conflict."

Zergrinch
2016-01-14, 11:23 AM
Zugg watches with amusement as puny red skinned man try to round up the other naughty puny men.

DarkPI
2016-01-14, 06:29 PM
As your group tries to decide whether or not to leave the cellar, Danan hears the same groan again except louder and spots a dim red light approaches from farther down the corridor. As the light enters the room, Danan realizes that the light is in fact 4 shambling dead figures, surrounded in a red glow.

The zombies initiative is 1d20-2
Everybody roll intiative and if it is higher than the zombies post your actions. The zombies are on the far side of a 10 by 10 room with a 5 by 5 pallet in the middle. The stairs are 15 feet of movement.

DarkPI
2016-01-14, 06:32 PM
Lets try again:
Zombie initiative is [roll0]

WMO?
2016-01-14, 09:28 PM
Eirios has studied necromancy in principle, but never seen it up close and personal like this. He feels his stomach turn in instinctive revulsion to the foul magic and quickly raises his bow, loosing an arrow towards the shambling corpse in the lead.

Attack Roll = [roll0]

If it hits:

Damage = [roll1]

"Fenmarel curse it! Sorry, Danan! Get out of there, I can still lock them in!"

DarkPI
2016-01-14, 09:53 PM
As Eirios draws the bowstring back, a shudder of revulsion goes through him, shaking his aim. His arrow nicks Danan in the ear, drawing blood. (Natural 1 effects will be small errors with no mechanical effects, also I will proabably wait until the end of a round, or when I'm about to go to bed, to post results)

Zergrinch
2016-01-14, 10:15 PM
Hearing panicked cries and the sounds of fighting, Zugg bounds into the room, and removes his pike. Taking a battle stance, the goliath waits and see what the undead will do.

Ready melee attack vs. first enemy to come within range. A pike is a reach weapon, so Zugg can jab from 10 feet away.
Attack Roll: [roll0]. Damage: [roll1]. Crit: [roll2].

Silent_p
2016-01-15, 04:54 AM
Zugg seemed disinclined to talk to her so Jalana started pacing a little. Mere moments later, though, trouble sounded. With a muttered curse, she readied her axe and shield, then followed the goliath toward the source.

Alegast
2016-01-15, 05:21 AM
The eladrin stifled a scream when the arrow hurt her ear. Paying no attention to the pain, Danan evoked the primal spirits to infuse her staff with primal magic. Then she attacks one of the bloody zombies while muttering curses in elvish.

Casted shillelag on her quarterstaff, then proceed to attack the nearest zombie.
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2016-01-15, 11:06 AM
Rue hears the yells of his new friends and runs to see what the commotion is. He looks in the basement and sees the undead creatures. He knew exactly what they were. You don't live in the nine hells and do work for an Infernal Prince, and not run into a few zombies here and there. He runs down and immediately pulls his short sword. He slashes at the zombie with the quarterstaff dent, and uses his left hand to smack it over the head.

Turn
Move - into the room
Action - Attack Danan's target [roll0], [roll1]
Bonus - Attack same zombie if still alive, if not move onto the next one [roll2], [roll3]

Prince Zahn
2016-01-15, 12:52 PM
"is anybody there?"
Her voice sounded from outside the cellar. steady and swift steps sound as she descended. Yiaminah heard sickly moans and instantly knew something was wrong. She opted for a protective prayer from the evils within, when she bumped into an armed fellow waiting for combat, accidentally casting her protection from undead upon that figure instead.
"EEK! "
yiaminah enters the scene, accidentally , casting protection from Evil and Good on the closest armed individual to her when she enters (who is that, Pi?) despite the shock it is a welcome sensation.

EDIT:Word of Pi says it's Zugg.

DarkPI
2016-01-15, 02:51 PM
That would be Zugg

Zergrinch
2016-01-15, 08:19 PM
Zugg moves to gut the interloper, but stops short as he realizes the new arrival does not appear to be hostile as he feels bolstered by the spell she accidentally cast.

"You, nun, get out of Zugg way," he tersely orders. "Not safe! Zombies!"

Albinobrow
2016-01-15, 09:56 PM
Reese runs back with Rue, and seeing the zombies approach the group he says to the closest zombie, You're just skin and bones! Don't they feed you here!?

Casting Vicious Mockery on the closest Zombie. It makes a DC13 Wis saving throw or takes [roll0] psychic damage and has disadvantage on its next attack roll it makes before the nd of its next turn.

DarkPI
2016-01-15, 10:46 PM
Zombie endurance roll: [roll0]
Zombie Endurance Roll 2: [roll1]
Zombie Wisdom Save: [roll2]\
Zombie Endurance roll 3: [roll3]

DarkPI
2016-01-15, 10:49 PM
Sorry for double posting
Zombie Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

DarkPI
2016-01-15, 10:52 PM
Zugs pike digs deep into the zombies flesh and it is quickly followed by a magic staff and a one two from Rue. You seem to knock the zombie down twice, but it keeps getting up. Even Reeses magical words have no effect.
The three melee attackers each take 4 fire damage as the zombies claws rake fire across your skin. ue, you expect to brush the fire off, as your are used to a little heat, but the zombie strikes you with a little extra omph and you take 8. (The crit, which is haved to 4). The zombie you have beaten up seems slightly dazed and misses its claw at zug.

Zergrinch
2016-01-16, 02:32 AM
YOU HURT ZUGG??! ZUGG CRUSH!!!

Enter Rage with Bonus Action.
Pike Attack vs Zombie that hit him: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

WMO?
2016-01-16, 05:11 AM
Seeing the others rush into the room to fight the strange, glowing undead, he realizes that retreat is no longer an option.

He steps back and to the side, out of the open space of the cellar's doorway. He presses himself against the exterior wall of the back of the church, steadying his nerve and nocking a new arrow to his bowstring.

Remember, you're trying to do good, not shoot the people on your own side., Eirios berates himself. You can do this. Just breath, aim, and release!

Popping back out, bow raised, Eirios releases his shot at the zombie in the front, that won't go down!

Attack roll = [roll0]

Damage roll = [roll1]

Crit = [roll2]

Albinobrow
2016-01-16, 12:16 PM
Come on now, you look tired. Why don't you just give up?

Vicious Mockery again on the closest zombie. DC 13 Wisdom save or [roll0] damage and disadvantage on the next attack roll before the end of the turn.

Irish Musician
2016-01-16, 12:46 PM
Rue is quite surprised when when zombie rises back up and strikes at him, filled with fire. "Damn, forgot these things did this......I hate zombies." Rue strikes out at two of them that rose again.

Turn
Action - Attack one of the zombies that fell, if there isn't one, then attack one that hasn't yet
[roll0], [roll1]
Bonus - If the first attack fells one, move this to another one
[roll2], [roll3]

Prince Zahn
2016-01-16, 02:17 PM
As Yiaminah spotted the zombies coming closer, she casts her ray of frost on one zombie in the rear, hoping to put out the fire.
ray of frost: [roll0], for [roll1] cold damage, lose 10 feet of movement.
But then–

Come on now, you look tired. Why don't you just give up?
She heard a most familiar voice. Could it be? Could it really be? It couldn't be but Oh my gosh it is!
"Sacred closing-shop sale! Aren't you Reese Underleaf? THE Reese?!"
Yiaminah rushes towards the suave halfling as quickly and as enthusiastically as she could.

Alegast
2016-01-16, 04:08 PM
Blood. Her blood. Burned, also. Danan bit her lips and attacks the zombie with even more fury, while considering the idea of running away after this.

Att: [roll0]
If hit, damage: [roll1]

Ignore this damage, I wrote 8 instead of 3.

Alegast
2016-01-16, 04:11 PM
Re-rolling damage: [roll0]
Sorry, I'm an airhead today.

Alegast
2016-01-16, 04:13 PM
Damage roll: [roll0]

Silent_p
2016-01-16, 04:30 PM
It didn't take much for Jalana to notice the undead. It took a bit longer, however, for her to get a read on the situation: chaotic. She wasted several valuable seconds trying to determine where she could do the most good, who - if anyone - needed help. The eladrin.

Moving with purpose now, she stepped in next to Danan and, ensuring that her shield was ready to intercede on the woman's behalf, struck out at the nearest attacker.

Attack: [roll0]

"We need t' back away," she called out, her voice clearly audible for a change. "Get 'em t'come t' us! Bottleneck 'em!"

DarkPI
2016-01-16, 05:32 PM
Whos ready for all the saves!
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7]

Attacks:
[roll8] Rue
[roll9] Zugg
[roll10] Danan (Disadvantage)
[roll11] Danan

DarkPI
2016-01-16, 05:38 PM
The first zombie absorbs the first three attacks thrown at it before finally being destroyed. Jalana and Rue gracefuly take down a second, and the new arrival shoots a beam of icy energy to a third. As the third zombie is reacting to this beam of energy, it seems to almost slump as Reeses words hit it full force. Of course it then immediatley charges forard to attack the party. Jalana also intercepts one zombie's attack before it hits Danan, Rue dodges one attack and Zug takes a fiery claw to the face (4 damage).

Summary: 1 fairly injured zombie with disadvantage on it's next attack and 1 healthy one. Zug is the only one who took damage.

Zergrinch
2016-01-16, 07:16 PM
The Goliath roars in rage as he twirls the heavy pike like a staff and stabs at the zombie that burned him.

Hit: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

DarkPI
2016-01-17, 10:05 AM
Retcon 1: Zug was only hit by 1 attack and so has only been hit once for 4 damage. One the attacks was blocked by divine light (protection vs good and evil) the other attack still went through.

Albinobrow
2016-01-17, 11:36 AM
She heard a most familiar voice. Could it be? Could it really be? It couldn't be but Oh my gosh it is!
"Sacred closing-shop sale! Aren't you Reese Underleaf? THE Reese?!"
Yiaminah rushes towards the suave halfling as quickly and as enthusiastically as she could.

Completely by instinct when he hears the sound of a fan, he holds a finger up to the zombie saying, Down boy.. Then in one fluid motion he flips his hair in Yiaminah's direction flashing an impossibly bright smile and says, Why yes. Yes I am THE Reese. He winks at her.

Viciously mocking the zombie who is attacking the party member with lowest health. Not sure if that's Zugg or Rue at this point. DC 13 Wis save or [roll0] psychic damage and disadvantage on the next attack roll before the ed of it's turn.

WMO?
2016-01-17, 12:58 PM
Seeing Jalana charge into the room and interpose her shield between the closest zombie and Danan, and the flurry of weapon blows and magical effects bring down the creatures multiple times, Eirios shifts his aim to the further zombie, and takes another shot.

Attack roll = [roll0]
Damage roll = [roll1]
Potential Crit = [roll2]
edit: realized for crit i should just be rolling d8, though it doesn't matter in this case, I will remember to do that in the future

Alegast
2016-01-17, 04:03 PM
Seeing the other fighting, Danan takes advantage of Jalana's cover and retreats away from the zombies. She then conjures a bunch of good berries.

Cast Goodberries spell.

Silent_p
2016-01-18, 11:01 AM
Concentrating on her opponents, Jalana only partially noticed Danan stepping back. Good. 'Least someone's listenin'. Without checking to see who was next to her, she moved a little to cover them.

In an attempt to provide further breathing room, she pressed forward. Using her shield, she aimed a solid shove at the nearest zombie - hoping, at least, to knock it back, if not down.

Messy. Jalana's thoughts were grim and a little scattered. Definitely got a cult here.

Strength check/roll for shoving: [roll0]
Again, Jalana will use her reaction to impose disadvantage on the first attack directed at... um... is it Rue? Zugg?

Irish Musician
2016-01-19, 11:15 AM
Rue is able to dodge the slow zombie's attacks on him, luckily not getting hit with its fiery claws again. He then tries his best to take down as many of the monsters as he is able to, and make them stay down.

Turn
Action - Short sword the nearest zombie almost dead zombie, [roll0], [roll1]
Bonus - If my first target falls, move on to the next one [roll2], [roll3]

Prince Zahn
2016-01-20, 12:50 AM
Yiaminah's eyes and smile both expanded as she clapped gleefully for a moment. "WOW! Reese, I am such a great fan of your work, ever since a couple of years ago when our convent went on a field trip and you performed at our Inn late that night. I remember sneaking downstairs to see you play. You were AMAZING, by the way. Your flute works are quite inspi–"

Yiaminah hears the monster moaning angrily and fires another ray of frost towards it ."Oh shush, you! Can't you see there are more pressing matters right now?"
[roll0]
Damage [roll1] cold Damage, lose 10 feet of movement.

DarkPI
2016-01-20, 09:09 AM
OOC: I rolled REALLY well, you can check the rolls thread, sorry.

As the entire party surges forward to attack the zombies, blows striking left and right, no zombie falls. They look extremely battered, but they still surge forward. Zugs divine shield protects him from the worst of the attack, but one of the zombies sneaks past Jalanas guard and strikes at Rue. (Take 4 fire damge, or 2 with resistance.)

Summary: You "killed" both zombies, but they are still standing. Jalana did shove the enemy back, but it just surged back again.

Irish Musician
2016-01-20, 09:42 AM
Rue get another fiery claw attack by a zombie, but luckily his fel heritage protects him from such things. He lashes out at the zombies, hoping to drop them one and for all.

Turn
Action - Rinse and Repeat [roll0], [roll1]
Bonus - [roll2], [roll3]

Man, it is a good thing I have fire resistance or I'd be dying right now lol

Zergrinch
2016-01-20, 10:16 AM
His rage continuing to smolder at the undead enemies that just won't stop getting back on their feet, Zugg pokes yet again at the zombie whose attack bounced against his magical Shield.

Hit: [roll0]
Crit:[roll2]

Silent_p
2016-01-20, 12:25 PM
Jalana watched their foes come at them yet again and knew as she moved she'd be too slow. One struck Rue. Useless.

"This ain't workin'!" She slashed out at a zombie again but clearly they needed another approach. She risked a quick glance over her shoulder. "Any magic tha' might actually end this?"

Continue to use reaction to cover Rue. Hopefully more successfully! :smalltongue:

WMO?
2016-01-20, 02:54 PM
Eirios scanned the room, looking for something that he might be able to use to help, or a position he could take to grant some advantage to . There's gotta be something I can do beyond shooting these arrows that don't seem to be working

"I'm covering you, and I've got plenty of arrows," Eirios calls, to bolster the others' morale.

To prove it, he loosed an arrow at the zombie next to one of the melee fighters.

Attack roll = [roll0]
Damage roll = [roll1]
Sneak Attack damage = [roll2]
Potential Crit = [roll3] + [roll4]

Alegast
2016-01-20, 08:43 PM
Eating a berry, Danan feels rejuvenated. She then gets close to the other combatants, waiting for her opportunity to attack one of zombies.

I'll wait to see if they killed or not those undead (because some of those rolls were so good). Also, I eat 1 goodberry recovering 1 hp.

DarkPI
2016-01-20, 11:09 PM
As your group continus to fight these infernal zombies, Rue and Zug manage to finish of the last 2 with decisive blows.

OOC: Combat is officially over, so no more initiative. Also everyone gets 50 xp for killing the fire zombies. Yay!

Zergrinch
2016-01-21, 12:03 AM
Zugg, lost in a rage, continues to bash the dead zombie into a fine paste.

WMO?
2016-01-21, 02:44 AM
Eirios scans the street one last time before cautiously walking down into the cellar, taking care to avoid the sagging pallet and the goliath's flailing pike. Pulling a couple of his arrows from the downed monsters, he wrinkles his nose at the creatures' strange smell, but also at the scorched state of some of his arrows.

"Excuse me, madam, um, Sister, but I noticed you using spells in the manner of a trained caster. Do you know the art of repairing damaged objects with magic?" he asks Yiaminah hopefully. "If you could, would you try fixing these arrows?" holding them gently out.

Playing lookout in the street outside:
Perception Check = [roll0]

Silent_p
2016-01-21, 05:18 AM
Mere moments after her assertion, Rue and Zugg fell the zombies. An' now I look like an idiot. Her own attack whiffed ineffectually through the air. An' a moron. Jalana grimaced and did a quick scan for any further threats.

She noted that the goliath, however, was apparently not finished. She stepped towards him, careful to stay out of immediate reach of his swings but into his eye line. "Hey! Zugg! We're done!" Her voice cracked a little, not used to such volume.

Roll to see if there's any more surprises that Jalana can spot: [roll0]

Prince Zahn
2016-01-21, 05:40 AM
Yiaminah flinched, she was so focused on meeting a famous person, that it didn't occur to her that there were even other people in the room, much less that a battle went on, which it slowly sinks in to her.
"Oh! Sorry, I didn't spot you there! Of course I'll fix those arrows for you, <dearie>." she said, using an elvish word for a sweet young kid. Eirios can tell there's a significant age difference, though it might be too subtle for non-elves to pick up on.
Yiaminah takes the arrows in both hands, chants a prayer with very fast words as she closes her eyes.
"BlessyouforeverOGoldenLadyWaukeenMerchantsfriendpr otectoroffairtradeswhomakesrightfromwrongwhobrings wealthandcommercetoourlandsandmendsallofourdamaged goods, Amen."
As she chants, the arrows appear to straighten, connect back together, sharpen, as burn marks fade slowly away. Yiaminah gives Eirios his arrows back. "Here you go, <dearie>. Hey, did you notice, that is THE Reese, right there, sharing the same room as us! What an amazing honor. . ." she couldn't help but smile and be lost in amazement by the presence of a celebrity.
the arrows are fixed. That prayer was worth several castings of Mending in one.

DarkPI
2016-01-21, 08:55 AM
Both Jalana and Erios don't notice anything new as they scan the room and street. Sister Y's hurried prayer quickly heals any damage to the arrows

Nice job Zahn, the flavour is quite tasty.

Prince Zahn
2016-01-21, 09:23 AM
"Wow, these bodies weren't there before, were they?" she points towards the mounds of dead bodies. they weren't more outsiders like you, I pray?

Oh, silly me! I forgot to introduce myself - My name is Yiaminah, by the way, everyone here likes to call me Yami, however, when they fail to pronounce it right. Anyway, what do they call you wandering bunch? What do you do?"
She pauses and remembers her celebrity.
"Oh, not you, though, Reese, Instead, if it's not too much trouble, could you sign my spellbook later?"

Irish Musician
2016-01-21, 10:35 AM
Rue takes a moment and centers himself once the combat with the zombies is over. He always likes to bring himself back to his calm center after fighting. It just helps him keep control over the devil, literally, inside of him.

Use a Hit Die to regain HP [roll0] Nix that

Alegast
2016-01-21, 12:49 PM
Danan offer three berries to Rue while she eats one more. "It is Reese famous or something?", she asks to Rue.

Yiaminah seems like an interesting person. "And she is an elf", Danan tought while tasting the berrie. Well, at least with that the townspeople would see her with little to no suspicion. She would just be seen as another elf.

I still have 5 berry, if someone needs one or two.

Irish Musician
2016-01-21, 02:09 PM
Rue bows and takes the berries, eating them and feeling their healing properties course through him. "I do not know, but thank you for the berries. They are helping my wounds heal faster."

+3HP, and if no one else needs any, Rue will take them. But only if no one else needs any.

Zergrinch
2016-01-21, 07:16 PM
The wave of rage lifts off the Goliath, and he slowly returns to his senses.

Zugg okay now. Thank you for Magic Shield. Very handy.

He takes two of the proffered berries and munches on them.

Albinobrow
2016-01-21, 08:23 PM
Seeing that the zombies do not get back up for a change and everyone seems to be alive and mostly healthy, Reese turns back to his fan and says, Sister Yiaminah, thank you for the assistance. He flashes his signature smile. I would be honored to sign the spell book of my biggest fan, and an accomplished spell caster as you clearly are! But perhaps later? That means you'll have to stick around with us, with... he flip his hair, me. If you do't mind that is.

Irish Musician
2016-01-22, 10:17 AM
Rue starts to poke around the room, checking the zombies for any clues, and seeing why in the nine hells zombies are crawling around below a church!

Perception [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-01-22, 11:54 AM
Rue notices the room farther down the hallway has several broken stone tablets on the ground, and feels in his blood that some form of demonic influence has affected these zombies and awoken them. He also notices that the pallet in the center is caving down, but not as much as it should be.
He also notices a glint of gold on the bodies of the zombies.

On each zombie, there is 7gp, 35 sp and 5 cp. (thats a total of 28gp, 140sp and 20 cp)

Zergrinch
2016-01-22, 07:59 PM
Zugg stomps to the pallet and lifts it up, curious as to its current state.

DarkPI
2016-01-22, 09:10 PM
Zug was expecting some resistance, but there was almost none. Beneath the pallet a rough cut hole descends about 50 feet, with iron ladder rungs clinging to the side of the wall. A dim red light illuminates the bottom, and low chanting can be heard echoing up the ladder.

Silent_p
2016-01-23, 07:37 AM
Zugg gradually stopped. Jalana nodded briefly at his acknowledgment and, noting no further enemies, stowed her shield and axe. Now what? This bunch seem determined t' root 'round an' cause trouble. Ain't how I'd conduct a mediation...

She approached the newcomer, Yami, and nodded a greeting. "Jalana. Hired by some merchant to mediate a workers' dispute." She glanced around. "Not right sure how we came on this mess, though..."

Some of the others seemed to be looking around more effectively and Jalana kept one eye on them as she spoke to Yami.

WMO?
2016-01-24, 12:16 AM
"Thank you for the fix, Sister, rather, <madam> Yiaminah," Eirios says, using the proper Elven term for a wise elf senior to oneself, and making a short formal bow.

Hearing the chanting and seeing the wash of reddish light, he goes over and kneels down to take a look down the hole. He looks back up at the rest of the group.

"I really don't like the sound of that. Any chance we could put this cover back, lock this place back up and go to the meeting?"

[roll0]
Having failed a WIS saving throw, Eirios find himself unconsciously palming a shiny copper that fell from a zombie corpse onto the floor near where he is crouched

Zergrinch
2016-01-24, 12:33 AM
With a casual toss, Zugg throws the puny pallet aside and starts to descend the tunnel.

Alegast
2016-01-24, 08:53 AM
Danan follows Zugg into the tunnel. "Wait, aren't we suppose to be dealing a feud, didn't we?", she asked to the goliath, worried. Things have began to become unexpected, and she didn't like theose kind of situations. But she did talk so quiet she thought no one could have heard her.

While following Zugg, she tried to discern the path, searching for more unexpected stuff.

Perception check:
[roll0]

Zergrinch
2016-01-24, 12:08 PM
"Better to smash undead things at source," the barbarian offers by way of explanation, as he strides forward with pike in hand.

WMO?
2016-01-24, 11:00 PM
"Zugg, Danan, please wait! Let us take a moment and talk about our next move before we go, um, "smash" anything."

Zergrinch
2016-01-26, 07:23 AM
Zugg stops a while, incredulous that talk is being proposed.

"You fight dead things too. You know zombies very bad things. Why talk when we can smash and keep town safe?"

Irish Musician
2016-01-26, 09:17 AM
Rue pockets the gold and looks at the others, "Well, at the very least, we now have some gold for a hot meal and a nice bed."

As the goliath lifts up the pallet and they all hear the chanting, Rue gets a bad feeling about this. He strains his ears to see if he can hear anything of note. "Chanting like this does not usually mean good things. I am not usually one to jump into the fray without thought either, but I am with the goliath on this one. Whatever is going on down there, we need to stop it."

Perception to pick up on the language being chanted or anything else Rue might be able to pick up on [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-01-26, 10:08 AM
Rue swears he hears a couple strains of orc, but it might just be his head. Besides that, he can't make heads or tails of it.

DarkPI
2016-01-26, 05:13 PM
As the others in the group begin to lean over the opening, no one can make anything out of the chanting.

Albinobrow
2016-01-26, 10:05 PM
Reese watches as the group moves towards the chanting. He looks back out the door and even though he'd rather not, he begrudgingly very quietly follows along with them.

Let's see if I hear anything specific. Perception [roll0]
And Stealth [roll1]

DarkPI
2016-01-27, 10:05 PM
As Zugg climbs down the iron rungs towards the chanting, he almost begins to hear words before it stops and he hears a womans voice cry: Who goes there? There is no use hiding, I know you are there.

If Zugg, or anyone for that matter, continues down the ladder, they will see a roughly carved 20x20 room. 7 hooded individuals stand around a partially sunken ruby crystal in the center. An 8th figure stands on an altar of sorts built into the ruby. The walls are covered in strange glyphs and words. A few reconogizable scraps look like torment, pain, torture There is a general feeling of uneasiness and the only light seems to be coming from the depths of the ruby. The ruby is close to 10 feet tall.

Silent_p
2016-01-28, 05:14 AM
Jalana noticed most of the group gravitating towards the hole in the floor - Zugg taking the lead. This ain't gonna end well...

Before she could make a move, a woman shouted up at them. Jalana started for the hole. "This ain't mediatin'!" She muttered angrily. The ladder occupied, she waited to see if someone could talk their way out of this or if she'd need her axe again. Shoulda stayed in tha inn.

Zergrinch
2016-01-28, 06:50 AM
"I Zugg," the goliath rumbles as he stomps into the room with pike in hand. "Observe ritual. Be quiet. Problem?"

Ready action to stab anyone who approaches him with bad intent (e.g. weapons drawn)

DarkPI
2016-01-28, 08:57 AM
You wish to watch? How did you find this place? If you truly will be quiet and stay in that corner, you may watch. On won condition, you will join our family. Have you brought others with you?

Zergrinch
2016-01-28, 09:47 AM
"Walking around. Went to rearrange bed. Heard chanting, so Zugg got curious," Zugg replies. After a fashion, his face takes a curious look. "What benefits for joining?"

DarkPI
2016-01-28, 10:19 AM
The figure on the altar who was speaking to you casts a worried glance around her. You were able to find us that easily? Nevermind that. We have to get back to the ceremony, I will explain everythig to you later. With that, she begins chanting again. As she begins, the red light in the ruby begins to flare up, illuminating the room more. As it does, you can see a dried substance has stained the stone floor near the base of the statue.

Alegast
2016-01-28, 10:28 AM
Danan was all the time after Zugg, and when the estrange woman appeared, she just play along. "Zugg, you shouldn't be so reckless", she said quietly to him.

Zergrinch
2016-01-28, 10:33 AM
As promised, Zugg enters the room, leans against a corner, and watches the ritual take place while staying silent.

Still, this does not mean the goliath's mind isn't racing to figure out what is happening.

Arcana: What does Zugg know about what is happening? [roll0]
Perception: What can Zugg see? What weapons, if any, do the cultists have? [roll1]
Insight: What can Zugg discern about woman's intentions? [roll2]

Irish Musician
2016-01-28, 01:24 PM
Rue jumps down as well, keeping behind the large man, hoping to remain unseen until he can figure out what to do. Rue then has a crazy idea, using how he looks and his devilish heritage to get them to stop the ritual. He makes a few quick casts, using his innate powers, and then steps into the room. At first, the ground starts to tremble underneath everyone in the room, harmlessly. Then whispers start to scatter across the room, talking of evil, torture, and the nine hells. Rue then steps forward and in a booming voice, and in Infernal, <"Why is it that you have summoned me here? Mortals wanting to harness the power of the Nine Hells will get BURNED!">

Stealth for keeping unseen [roll0]

Rue will cast Thaumaturgy 3 times, for the tremors, the whispers, and his voice. I can have up to 3 effects at a time.

Intimidation if needed [roll1]

DarkPI
2016-01-28, 01:46 PM
Zugg knows that the ruby is some kind of magic focus used in summoning rituals and that the dried substance is blood. Zugg sees that some of the figures have weapons, but he can't see what they are.
Zugg feels in his soul that this woman is lying about her life and that light shines from her soul.

Rue: as the whispers and tremors begin spreading throughout the room, the figures begin reaching for their sides. As Rue appears and shouts in infernal, the woman pulls of her cloak, revealing armor bearing the symbol of Tempus. She cries out DEMON! I was searching for Lillilax, but a lesser demon will do! Prepare to face the wrath of Tempus. With that she leaps of the altar, and runs towards Rue. The other figures also throw back thier cloaks, revealing armor and swords.

I will give you one round to talk, if you want. Other wise, roll initiative!

(I know tieflings are devils P.S)

Irish Musician
2016-01-28, 02:44 PM
Rue sees all of the symbols of Tempus and is immediately angered with himself, Oh Rue, you idiot, of course they are holy followers. Boy do I put my foot in my mouth all the time,, he thinks to himself. Thinking quickly he tries to reasons with her.....though that might end badly for him as well. He waves a hand in front of his throat and his voice returns to normal volume.

"WAIT! Please! I am no demon. True, I look half-devil.....because I am....but I am not here to harm you. I was only trying to figure out who you all were. If you were trying to summon a demon for evil reasons, I was going to stop it! Please, hear me out before you attack. My companions and I just killed some zombies above and heard your chantings. We want to help." Rue pauses for only a moment and holds his hands out, sword sheathed, "But if you must kill me, then kill me.....I won't fight back. Nor will I be armed." He then kneels in front of the Holy host, arms wide and waiting for them to strike. If he was going to die now, then so be it. He deserved to die for the things he's done.

Lets hope my persuasion roll is better than my intimidate [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-01-29, 09:43 AM
I have never met a demon who offered its life up for free, it must have some plan or curse ready. You, she points at Zugg, If you truly wish to join us, slay this demon and face the consequences.

Just to keep it moving without cutting people off. If you are confused where we are, I just made a summary post OOC. Feel free to post/PM questions ifyou are confused! Sorry if my writing didn't make sense.

Silent_p
2016-01-29, 10:09 AM
When Rue went down, Jalana moved to follow. Hope he's got some idea what's goin' on. Mebbe he can hold Zugg back, if it comes to that... Reaching the bottom, however, she was momentarily surprised to see the goliath at ease, watching what appeared to be a ritual.

She'd lost sight of Rue and had just stepped up beside Zugg when the room began to shake. What tha'-? Then Rue reappeared, voice amplified. "Holy hell..." She murmured. "Idiot's gonna get himself skewered!"

She readied herself and started moving around to support the tiefling. I'm goin' back to babysittin' nobles... The group seemed poised to strike as Rue dropped his act and pleaded with them. She frowned as the man dropped to his knees. Her eyebrows rose as she realised his intent. Flamin' death wish!

Still moving, she hoped to be able to interpose herself between him and the group, should they attack.

Zergrinch
2016-01-29, 10:39 AM
Zugg stomps over to the tiefling, his mouth curled up in amusement. "Puny, puny red man. Zugg no need weapon. Fist enough."

The penitent tiefling could only watch as a gigantic fist rockets towards his face, only to be pulled at the last minute - the result was a barely audible thunk that didn't hurt that much.

"Play dead," he mouths to Rue.

As the tiefling slumps over, the barbarian turns to the woman. "Okay, Zugg hit puny man who says he not demon. What next?"

Punch Rue in the face, gently. This is an unarmed strike that does 1 bludgeoning damage when it connects. [roll0] vs Rue's AC of 17.

Irish Musician
2016-01-29, 12:35 PM
Rue has an idea of, hopefully, where Zugg is going with this. As soon as Zugg makes "contact" with his face, Rue lets out a sound, and as Zugg contacts he lets out a cry. The cry is actually a spell in disguise and a nice, loud sound of a fist contacting with Rue's face is heard by the warriors behind Zugg. Rue flies to the ground and lays motionless.

Using Thauamturgy to make a "punch" sound come from Rue's face.

WMO?
2016-01-29, 02:32 PM
Eirios hurriedly climbs down the ladder, hoping to help extract his new partners from a strange situation. As he climbs he calls down to the armored woman, "If it helps at all, I'm fairly certain he's not a demon. He doesn't meet the description of any of the common demon types I have studied. Too small to be most of the more powerful types, too large for a dretch or manes, and without the characteristic floating leglessness of a shadow demon. His appearance is alarming, perhaps, but I think he is a good person, eager to fight evil himself."

Coming to the bottom of the ladder, Eirios surveys the room.

"What is this? Is this blood on the floor of your shrine? I'm curious, what sacrifices have you been making?"

Prince Zahn
2016-01-29, 03:26 PM
"Hello? Where did everybody go?"
She hears a ruckus below in a secret passage, which is saying something, given that Yiaminah is deaf in one ear. "hmm, how long have had this tunnel been here?"
As she descended the ladder, she heard the screaming from within, until she reached the room with everybody, littered with satanic symbols, blood circles and other items potentially stolen from the church.
"Oh dear! what in cutpurse's name is going on here? This is sacred ground - Fighting is prohibited!" she says despite having just fired numerous ray of frost spells 5 minutes ago at flaming corpses.

"Tempus. . . you know, there was a tale in our books about a great crusadress known as Lady Logardien, she fought to slay mighty demons in the name of Tempus, too!, I remember our holy mother taught us about her right after the chapter on Halana Jashire,I'd bet my wage that the two met, but what would they have said to one another? it's amazing, such struggles and challenges these women went through in the name of the gods ..." Yiaminah continued to talk and stray by the mere mentioning of religious heroes.

Alegast
2016-01-29, 05:21 PM
Danan was terrified. For a moment she saw the tiefling dead. Those Tempus cultist where strange, for sure. Why the followers of a god of good where summoning demons in bloody rituals? Something fishy was going on there.

She then reaches Zugg while the others speak to the Tempus cultist, trying to attract no one attention, while studying the room and the symbols.

Perception to notice something unusual: [roll0]
Investigation for stuff: [roll1]
Stealth to be unnoticed: [roll2]

DarkPI
2016-01-30, 09:32 AM
The woman looks in suprise at Eirios when he mentions the types of demons, but that look is quicjkly replaced by anger when Sister Y speaks of Lady Logarthdien. Do NOT speak to me off that name. She then looks at Eirios. You say you have studied demons, as have I, and I know that they can change shape with a whim and are never to be trusted. And why do you care? Or newest recruit just killed him, or put him close to death. She then walks over to Zugg Nice job and welcome to the Red Crusades, and just you wait: I will explain everything in time. Also, if you begin feeling funny, make sure to report bach to me so I can make sure you aren't cursed.

Anyone who cares notices she ignores the sacrafices question.

Zergrinch
2016-01-30, 08:20 PM
"Who your name?" the Goliath asks the woman. " How I call you?"

After she gives a reply, he stomps over to the totally-dead Tiefling, and puts the corpse in a sack. Hefting the sack over his back, Zugg looks back at his new superior. "I take trash to dump. Bad to find dead puny demon in church basement. Be back soon."

Silent_p
2016-01-31, 04:53 AM
Events quickly spiraled out of control and Jalana was left dumb-founded as Zugg decked Rue and stuffed him into a sack. Eirios and Yami appeared and attempted to placate and engage with the Red Crusaders - to little avail. Their leader seemed quite taken with Zugg, however, welcoming him to the group.

Wha just happened...? She looked from where Rue had been to Zugg. Too fast... I couldn't save 'im. I- Her shoulders dropped and she relaxed her stance. I couldn't save 'im...

Slowly, she looked up and her eyes locked on the goliath. Mebbe I can avenge 'im. She started forward, eyes hard. "Hey! You ain't gonna go 'round killin' folks like that while I'm here!" She gestured to the sack. "Put 'im down and we'll settle this." Jalana stood, axe and shield ready for action.

Zergrinch
2016-01-31, 10:57 PM
Zugg winks at the distressed human Fighter while mouthing the words "Trust Zugg." The Goliath then pushes past, grumbling for show in a loud voice, "Zugg no want to fight puny lady. Must bury demon first."

Albinobrow
2016-01-31, 11:14 PM
Finally understanding the situation, Reese quickly scrambles up the ladder and out the door waiting for everyone else.

Wwwwhat was THAT!? First of all what were they doing? Secondly, did you see the ruby!? It was at least 3 of ME!!! And Zugg! My main ginormous man! You are brilliant! Realizing that he was rambling, he stops and collects his thoughts. So.. What now?

Irish Musician
2016-02-01, 09:31 AM
As Zugg puts Rue in a sack, which he is thankful for because he can now actually open his eyes. But then he hears Jalana challenge the goliath. Oh boy. This might not end well either.... He hopes that Zugg will be able to communicate what they are doing to Jalana before she does anything else too rash. Unfortunately, Rue is pretty powerless in his sack, slung over the big man's shoulder.

Alegast
2016-02-01, 09:42 AM
Taking advantage that she is ignored, Danan quickly search for a stop form to hide. Rue was okay, and maybe Zugg planed to do the same with Jalana, but that was really a weird situation. But she was so nervous that failed in her task and called the attention of everyone.

"Oh, crap..."

Stealth check:
[roll0]

Silent_p
2016-02-01, 11:03 AM
Jalana frowned as Zugg winked at her - He's... insane! - only for the barbarian to mouth something to her. She nearly missed it in her confusion but felt relief course through her as she finally caught up. Wha' now?

Quickly, she made a show of looking over the arrayed Red Crusaders, then glanced back at Zugg as he brushed past her. "Might be you got some back-up here," she growled, "Mebbe I ain't quite suicidal."

Careful to keep the Crusaders in sight, she called out to Zugg. "Ain't over!"

DarkPI
2016-02-01, 01:05 PM
As more people begin piling into the room, the woman looks suprised. As Jalana begins to attack, she reaches for her sword, but releases it when she rescinds her attack. Speaking to everyone she says: I know not who you people are, but this is not the time or place for a conversation. Will you come to my room at the inn for lunch? Ask for Galadram. Me and my acolytes must cleanse the shrine and prepare the induction ritual for, Zugg, is that your name? It seems that our group may have come off on the wrong foot, but know this: We are holy warriors of Tempus, and strive for good in this world. Also, Zugg, if you plan to bury this demon so it does not return to its unholy home, bury it in the church graveyard under a gravemarker with the sign of Tempus engraved on it. No, will you please depart so I may confer among my Crusaders? With that, she turns back the shrine and begins to chant words of divine power.

Zergrinch
2016-02-01, 05:27 PM
Zugg performs the Goliath equivalent of a salute to the woman, and quickly climbed out of the basement. He exits the church, and opens the sack to let Rue out before he suffocates to death, taking care to do so in a particularly in a private untrafficked corner.

"You silly silly Rue. So silly. Now Zugg must bury something. You go and change face or Zugg get in big trouble if she sees you!"

The Goliath trudges back into the Church with the empty sack. One of those fire zombies should make an excellent proxy, so long as he digs the hole deep enough. He doesn't think the woman is paranoid enough to dig up a grave with Tempus' symbol on the marker...

Irish Musician
2016-02-02, 09:50 AM
Rue cracks a half smile, "Well, I thought they were up to no good. Looks like they wanted to find a demon. Though demon I am not, they sure were happy to kill me." He lets out a chuckle as he stands up and dusts himself off, "I'll wait out here, in the shadows, for all of you to get back. Hopefully they won't figure out our ruse....but I would like to explain things to them. Though the zealous religious types don't like to listen to reason, I've found." Rue then finds a nice, shadowy place near the church to hide and keep an eye out while he others talk to the Tempus followers.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Silent_p
2016-02-03, 08:32 AM
Legs shaking a little, Jalana put her weapons away and, sparing a last glance at the Crusaders, headed for the ladder. On her way, she passed near Danan, who looked terrified. "C'mon," she said quietly, still walking. "S'over for now."

Climbing up, she went looking for where the others had congregated. Not trusting herself to speak anymore, she stood quietly with a dark look on her face, hoping no one would saw anything to her. Stupid. Startin' a fight that one-sided? Tryin' t' be a hero? Idiot. Nearly got folks killed! Tiefling bein' dead don't make it right t' add to tha pile of corpses...

DarkPI
2016-02-03, 09:19 AM
As the group begins to pile out of the church, you see Zugg dissapear towards the graveyard to bury the the body. Afterwards he heads back into the church to become part of the Crusaders. This process involves Zugg being doused in holy oils and having a brand of Tempus put on him, igniting the oil. As this is happening, the Crusaders chant a ritual in a dialect Zugg can't understand and the fire leaps off his body and covers the wall. The fire stays there for about 20 seconds before implodying into the brand, forming the words "Red Crusaders" underneath it. Zugg is then handed a black gauntlet with silver words on it by the leader and told the three tenemants of the Red Crusaders:
1. Evil must be destroyed
2. Violence has a place, but must be guided by reason.
3. No price is to high to complete a higher goal or to destroy a great evil.

She then sends him back up to his compatriots, telling him she will have a job for him soon.

You now have an 1 1/2 hours before lucnh and your meeting. It seems as if the gathering in the church has dispersed.
It has also been a short rest, so feel free to use hitdice.

WMO?
2016-02-03, 03:12 PM
"Did you see the size of that ruby?" ...too bad it was so big, and so set in the ground...

"Zugg, did those strange cultists say anything about the zombies we encountered?"

Zergrinch
2016-02-03, 07:05 PM
"Zugg no ask. They no tell," the Goliath rumbles, as he brushes himself off and stretches his joints.

"Zugg go see where dead things come from," he adds as he starts down the tunnel where the zombies originated. With his shiny new greatsword in one massive hand.

DarkPI
2016-02-03, 09:16 PM
As Zugg moves down the tunnel, he comes to a well carved large room with 4 coffins on the far side. Each coffins lid is broken and on the ground, and a faint smell of brimstone hangs in the air. 3 torches on each wall light the room.

Zergrinch
2016-02-03, 09:27 PM
The goliath takes full measure of the room, looking for anything that might be amiss before stomping towards the nearest coffin and looks inside.

Perception (room): [roll0]
Investigation (coffin): [roll1]

Alegast
2016-02-04, 06:59 PM
The eladrin followed Jalana in silence. She was a nuisance and Zugg did the job well on his own. "Maybe it was a bad idea getting this job".

"What shall we do now?", she asked anxiously after a while.

Albinobrow
2016-02-04, 10:45 PM
The eladrin followed Jalana in silence. She was a nuisance and Zugg did the job well on his own. "Maybe it was a bad idea getting this job".

"What shall we do now?", she asked anxiously after a while.

Come on now, where's your sense of adventure!? Let's hurry though we don;t want to miss what every Zugg is going to do next! HA! Reese is getting more and more excited about his new companions! He quietly but happily skips along behind Zugg taking in the sights.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

WMO?
2016-02-05, 12:10 AM
Eirios sees Jalana's rattled expression, and puts his hand on her shoulder, smiling and trying to make her feel better. "Come on. We can take turns. Next time, you and I can go in first, and Zugg and Rue and Yiaminah can come charging in to try and save the day!"

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 09:04 AM
"Stupid coffin make fun of Zugg," Zugg says as he trips over a coffin, knocking over its lid. Peering into it, he notes the contents. Only rings and gems, as far as he can see. Disinterested at such petty baubles, the goliath looks vainly for the gold-loving halfling who seemed to have gone invisible! "Where tiny little man go? Maybe he likes jewels and gems in coffin!"

Rapidly losing interest at the coffin, the goliath indulges his gut reaction that something about these walls don't look right. Zugg gingerly walks over to each side, and uses his pike to tap each suspect brick from ten feet away.

DarkPI
2016-02-05, 09:11 AM
Reese also smells brimstone, and realizes that this room is almost directly above that red crystal altar the Crusaders were using.

Zugg pokes many bricks, and while none of them open a secret passage, a couple strikes against the wall between the torches on the left side sound much louder than others.

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 09:36 AM
The goliath rears back, and punches the loud-sounding wall with his mighty fist!

Athletics! [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-02-05, 09:48 AM
Zugg slams his hand into the wall, neither breaking his hand or the wall. A loud echoing noise is heard on the othe side of the wall.

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 09:53 AM
Zugg snorts. The wall more stronger than it looked. Reaching into his pack, he takes out his trusty maul, and with both hands clasped at the weapon, strikes at the same place where his fist had dented the masonry.

Take that, wall! Attack roll: [roll0]. Hit: [roll1]. Crit: [roll2].

DarkPI
2016-02-05, 09:58 AM
The mace slams into the wall, making a small crack in the masonry. 1 or 2 more good hits will take it down. However, the mace gets stuck into the wall and Zugg has to try and get it out. DC 12 strength check please.

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 10:04 AM
"Give back maul!"

Athletics: [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-02-05, 10:29 AM
As the maul easily pops out of the wall, the crack gets a bit wider. Zugg thinks that the wall is teetering on the edge of colapse.

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 10:32 AM
Sensing that the wall might collapse -- right on top of him -- the barbarian scampers away, as fast as a hulking almost 9-foot giant can run anyway...

DarkPI
2016-02-05, 10:40 AM
Just after barbarian turns to run away, the wall falls. With the distance between the barbarian and the wall, it only covers him in dust. Revealed is a rough hewn tunnel leading upwards, unlit. Also revealed are a series of levers and ropes leading to one of the torch sconces, apparently a way to open the secret door.

Silent_p
2016-02-05, 10:58 AM
Jalana didn't start as Eirios rested a hand on her shoulder and spoke warmly. Only tryin' t' help. Now git your 'ead outta your backside! After a moment, she gave him a short nod. "Better no one rushes inta anythin', t'be honest. But might be some folk need savin' from themselves..."

As if on queue, Zugg's 'gentle' search caught her attention. "Tha wall say somethin' 'bout his mother?" Jalana glanced again at Eirios, then walked over to the barbarian.

"Wha's goin' on?"

Zergrinch
2016-02-05, 11:01 AM
"Zugg find secret opening. Wall strong, but Zugg more strong," the Goliath proudly declares while coughing a bit at the dust. He is completely oblivious to the fact that had he applied his mind to finding a hidden switch, it would have needed much less effort.

WMO?
2016-02-06, 01:48 AM
Eirios followed Jalana down the hallway. He takes a look at the no-longer-usable mechanism to open the door, checking whether it had a lever on the other side (like the disguised torch on the crypt side), and curious at how a non-magical system can do such a clever trick.

Then, looking into the tripped-upon coffins, he calls to the others with a wide smile on his face, "Hey look! There are some nice things in here, and those flaming zombies certainly don't need them anymore. Shall we all take a share?"

DarkPI
2016-02-06, 11:14 AM
Eirios thinks that if there was a lever, it probably was destroyed.

There are 4 rings, 4 ornate holy symbols 50 silver and 45 copper. There is also 10-15 sacred offerings and trinkets in each coffin. (the otgher treasure is not per coffin)

Alegast
2016-02-06, 08:32 PM
"Well, there aren't spirits nearby, I guess we can take this", said Danan, staring suspiciously to the offerings. She didn't knew if the coffins were sacred of anything, but she really needed the money. She avoided the offerings and took some money for herself.

Danan took one ring and 5 silvers.

Zergrinch
2016-02-07, 11:23 PM
Zugg watches his greedy companions help themselves to the loot, and sighs. "Things done different here," the Goliath thinks. "Fair play not important."

Yanking a torch out of a wall sconce, the Goliath proceeds to move up the stairs...

[roll0]
1: quietly, with care. [roll]Stealth: [roll1]
2: without paying any heed to the noise he is making.

DarkPI
2016-02-08, 08:04 AM
As Zugg begins to thunder up this rough-hewn rock tunnel, he notices that the stone begins to be carved, looking like the floor of the church. He sees a wooden door up ahead, shut and built into a well coarved but not ornate stone wall.

Zergrinch
2016-02-08, 08:17 AM
The Goliath brings up an oversized hand, and...

[roll0]
1: Pauses and puts his head against the door to listen. Perception: [roll1]
2: Studies the door intently. Investigation: [roll2]
3: He tries the doorknob to open it.
4: Taps at it with the blunt edge of his pike.
5: Smartly raps on the door. "HELLO, ANYONE HERE?"
6: Tries to smash it in. Athletics: [roll3].

DarkPI
2016-02-08, 08:29 AM
Zug thinks this door may be an illusion, but he isn't entirely sure.

Zergrinch
2016-02-08, 08:39 AM
"Doors here very strange," the Goliath thinks, as he reaches for the doorknob to open it.

Silent_p
2016-02-09, 07:59 AM
Jalana shrugged at Eirios' query regarding the treasure but didn't help herself to anything. Ain't earned any yet. Instead, she followed Zugg, eyeing the barbarian and his... unique method of searching. Right curious, he is.

"Where's tha tieflin'?" She asked quietly, after a long moment watching Zugg and the wooden door.

DarkPI
2016-02-09, 09:54 AM
When Zugg opens the door, he is greeted by a small room. It is sparesly finished with its only real furniture being a closet in the back left. A small stairway leads up above.

WMO?
2016-02-09, 09:56 AM
Seeing Danan take a few items, but avoid the offerings, Eirios is pleased. He didn't feel very strongly about any of the coins or trinkets, but he always appreciates things value. No real treasures though... he thinks to himself sadly.

Even so, he darts quickly around the room, picking out odds and ends irreverently.

Then he dashes through the damaged doorway and up the passage to Zugg's side.

Eirios takes 6 silver, 4 copper, one ornate holy symbol, and 9 trinkets from different coffins
Trinkets:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Zergrinch
2016-02-09, 11:29 AM
"You mean silly red man with tail? Zugg tell him, go change face. If lady see him live, Zugg and silly man in big trouble."

The Goliath plods over to the closet, and takes a close look at it.

Investigation: [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-02-09, 12:11 PM
Zugg sees a bunch of fairly nice robes, but he doesn't know what they are.

Zergrinch
2016-02-09, 12:18 PM
Zugg continues his world-class investigation by moving up the stairs, each heavy step echoing rather loudly.

DarkPI
2016-02-10, 08:52 AM
As Zugg clunks his way up the stairs, he is suprised to see that he is inside the church. It is nice, with a few stained glass windows, but it is still a town church. The church is made of stone, with 10 wooden pews on each side lining a walkway down the middle. A small altar sits in the center on the raised wooden platform Zugg is standing on. 2 Chandeliers provide most of the non-natural light in the church. As Zugg looks around, a familar looking guard comes around the corner.

'ey! What are you doin' 'ere? I told youse to stay outside. 'ow did you get in 'ere? 'enry! Git in 'ere NOW! Now, we may gone easy on you the first time, but you 'ave broken our rules and we will punish you for it.

Zergrinch
2016-02-10, 09:18 AM
Zugg stows his pike, and takes out the rusty greatsword given to him by the Tempus crusaders. He ensures that the guard can see it, as well as his new brand showing him to be an acolyte of Tempus, and the black chain mail glove which is attached to his belt pouch. The goliath says nothing, but simply looks with disinterest at the man.

Ready Action: On any hostile action, smash.

DarkPI
2016-02-10, 09:20 AM
Since when have you been a warrior of Tempus? If you truly are a holy warrior, you should know that a church is a sacred place, which you have violated. Leave now!

Your sword isn't rusty, it's made of a red iron.

Zergrinch
2016-02-10, 09:24 AM
"Zugg holy warrior. Not doing anything. Not violate temple. Zugg no leave."

His disinterested look turning into a glare, the goliath glowers over the puny man.

"You act strange. Like something to hide. Zugg take oath - smash all evil. Maybe Zugg act."

Insight: What are you up to, bub? [roll0]

DarkPI
2016-02-10, 09:34 AM
You have entered a sacred temple which you have been forbidden to enter. There is no one else here! Please, let us keep our church a place where we can come and trust that people won't come barging in unbidden.

[INDENT]He just seems offended that you somehow got in here with out him knowing and after he set up a meeting for you.

Zergrinch
2016-02-10, 09:46 AM
"You have church no one can visit? Zugg no believe you," the Goliath says, crossing his hands while waiting for this 'Henry' fellow."

The man must definitely be up to no good, the Goliath thinks to himself. The way he lost his strange accent... it is suspiciously suspicious!

The purpose of the Insight check was more or less to feel whether the man was telling the truth or not.

DarkPI
2016-02-10, 10:25 AM
I did not say no one could enter, I just said that we of the town belive the church is sacred and we don't like people coming in unannounced. And we. . . 'ey, whya arguing with me? Just leave! If ya got any question, ya can ask Eagon atcha meetin'. I'll turn my back and count te twenty, and youse better be gone by the time I come back. With that, he turns and walks towards the door.

I was trying to say that he is telling the truth, and is just angry that you got in here. Also, there is nothing suspicious about mid sentence accent changed :smallwink:

Silent_p
2016-02-12, 10:04 AM
Jalana gave Zugg a flat look at his answer. "Tha ain't especially informative," she muttered as the goliath stomped into the room he'd discovered.

Suppressing a sigh, she turned and made her way back to the others, sparing a glance at Eirios as she passed. "I'm gonna see wha tha others are up ta. If'n you're goin' after Zugg... good luck."

Zergrinch
2016-02-12, 06:33 PM
Zugg is absolutely loathed to show any sign of weakness by giving in to the suspiciously suspicious man's demand, but felt he has to do so in order to gain information during the meeting.

The Goliath stomps back in the room where the others are still lollygagging about.

Alegast
2016-02-12, 10:03 PM
Danan observed quietly all the ruckus Zugg caused in the church. If she had learned how to properly shapeshift, this would be an easy task, she tough.

"Well, we need another way to be in..." she sighed when Zugg returned to the room. "Where is the little man? Rizly? Reasley? I'm sure he can enter there without being noticed... because he is small...

Albinobrow
2016-02-13, 11:46 PM
Danan observed quietly all the ruckus Zugg caused in the church. If she had learned how to properly shapeshift, this would be an easy task, she tough.

"Well, we need another way to be in..." she sighed when Zugg returned to the room. "Where is the little man? Rizly? Reasley? I'm sure he can enter there without being noticed... because he is small...

aHA! See?! Couldn't see me at all could ya? And lady, I'm only small where it counts. He gives Danan a sly look. But you want me to go in there by myself? Alone? I'm not sure I'm willing to risk one of my favorite things to find out what's going on, when we probably will find out later at the meeting? At least that way I won't die or get hurt like Rue did. Reese spoke that last part under his breath.

Silent_p
2016-02-22, 06:52 AM
Oh, bloody hells! Jalana looked around the group. "Yer still thinkin' we need t' be sneakin' about tha place?! It ain't exactly worked all tha brilliantly for us up t' now!"

She crossed her arms and leaned forward, speaking low and very deliberately. "We're down one. 'Ave kicked up an 'ornet's nest down 'ere. And ain't any closer t' even findin' out what the dispute we're s'pposed t' be mediatin' is about!"

DarkPI
2016-02-27, 09:42 AM
Just so everybody is clear, this is about hour and a half time skip to the meeting with the Red Crusaders.

As you enter the tavern, you realize you left it as total strangers, but it seems there is at least a little camraderie now. As you push open the door, the inn keeper looks up with a little suprise.

Ah, you guys. I'm sorry about Albreich. He's a bit of a stuck up pig who thinks he has more power than he does. Well, what ca I help you with?

Zergrinch
2016-02-27, 09:55 AM
In response, Zugg lifts up his arm and flexes his muscles, showing the man his newly-acquired brand from the Red Crusaders.

DarkPI
2016-02-27, 08:41 PM
Ah, well, congatulations! I take it your here to see her then? Go down that hall (points to hall to the left) and take knock on the 2nd door to the right. Good Luck

Zergrinch
2016-02-28, 12:07 AM
"You know her? What her story?" Zugg asks, intent on getting some background information before the actual meeting.

DarkPI
2016-02-28, 03:26 PM
I know next to nothing. She came in here talking about how she was going to purge the town of demons and other religous nonsense. She bought a room upfront for a year and told me to send anyone with that sign to her room. That is literally all I know.

Zergrinch
2016-02-29, 10:43 PM
Zugg nods, and stomps towards the indicated room. He waits for the rest of the punies to catch up, and then he raps on the door using the secret code taught to him earlier during the ritual.

DarkPI
2016-03-01, 01:42 PM
The mysterious Red Crusader leader opens the door and beckons for you to come in. When you enter you notice a table with food and ale set and a fire blazing in the corner.

After you all enter, the woman gestures towards the seats, takes one and begins to talk.
First of all, my name is Lilly, not Galadram. I am sure you all have questions about what happened at the church, but before I tell you, i must be sure of your moral character. Why are you in this town and why were you at the church. She adresses the group as a whole, but looks expectantly at Zugg, obviously thining him the leader of the group.

Zergrinch
2016-03-01, 06:37 PM
"Zugg just passing through. Was in pub. Then some rich guild man hire Zugg and everyone here to do something. When passing by Church, dead things on fire just attack. After fight, Zugg saw pallet out of place. Investigate, see you. They think you call dead fire things."

Seeing Lilly's brow furrow at his broken Common, the Goliath added, "Zugg common no good. You speak Giant? If no, puny little man should talk," with a finger pointed at Reese.

Albinobrow
2016-03-01, 11:43 PM
Seeing Lilly's brow furrow at his broken Common, the Goliath added, "Zugg common no good. You speak Giant? If no, puny little man should talk," with a finger pointed at Reese.

At your service m'lady! You may call me Reese and whenever your little heart desires. He gives her a wink. Now it is all as he said for all of us. Well except for the demon thing which the big guy here vanquished for you!

Silent_p
2016-03-02, 07:27 AM
Jalana did her best to keep a frown off her face. Gotta be some kinda cult. Whole thing's creepin' me out...

Crossing her arms, she kept quiet and let Zugg and Reese talk.

WMO?
2016-03-02, 05:44 PM
"I'm just a humble, ordinary laborer myself, traveling looking for work, nothing morally compromised to worry about," Eirios says in a casual voice. Hurriedly continuing, he says "A man named Albreich asked us to talk to the people of the town on his behalf, and so we were near the church trying to do that."

DarkPI
2016-03-04, 09:36 AM
So you went to the church? Did you see anything suspicious? Also, you mentioned fire zombies above our shrine, what where those? Tell me everything![/COLOR][/COLOR] She almost yells the last words, eyes wide. She almost seems on the edge of dgrabbing one you to make sure your information does not escape her.

Albinobrow
2016-03-05, 09:57 PM
Reese weaves his magic creating an over exaggerated image of the fire zombies: with flames locking from its eyes and magma dripping from its long fangs! Claws 8 inches long!

Once he sees the full effect has taken effect he nonchalantly states, Ah these things. They were nothing. But the people above in the church were acting very suspicious. Though honestly I know not why.

Zergrinch
2016-03-05, 11:38 PM
"We meet them after," Zugg adds, after showing Lilly the scars from the zombies' claws still visible on his chest.

DarkPI
2016-03-07, 09:08 AM
By Tempus! I hope you know we had nothing to do with those things. Do you know where these came from and do you think the townspeople had something to do with is? Nevermind, these are all things we can look at later. You have been more than polite, so what do you ask me?

Albinobrow
2016-03-09, 10:48 PM
By Tempus! I hope you know we had nothing to do with those things. Do you know where these came from and do you think the townspeople had something to do with is? Nevermind, these are all things we can look at later. You have been more than polite, so what do you ask me?

But of course! Reese begins to pace back in forth between her and the party.
First! What exactly are you doing down there below the church that there are blood stains everywhere? Second! What we're those markings in that room? Third and fourth! He turns to look her in the eyes. Just how big is that ruby and do you think it would be possible for someone like myself, hypothetically speaking of course, to somehow run off with it? He continues his pacing, And finally! What do you know about the ongoings of the members of the church above your room?

Zergrinch
2016-03-10, 12:11 AM
Zugg shoots a glare at Reese. For someone so tiny, he sure has a lot of chutzpah asking the third question.

Still, if he's already signaled a desire to abscond with the ruby, that is no longer dishonorable, and that, the Goliath can live with. Thus, the glare slowly turns into a smile before finally becoming a neutral expression.

DarkPI
2016-03-10, 11:01 AM
To answer your first two questions, we the Red Crusaders have been summoning demons to this world so that they are banished from this world for 100 years. We have been using our own blood to summon them and defeat the,. As for the Church goers, we have interacted very little with the towns people and so I can't help you with that. I do know however, is that I sucubus was summoned to here. She was who I was trying to summon when you appeared/

WMO?
2016-03-10, 03:55 PM
"What means did you use to detect the summoning of a succubus? Or if you didn't detect the summoning itself, what were the distinctive signs it left that alerted you that it had been summoned recently?" Eirios asks, his academic curiosity coming to the fore.