PDA

View Full Version : Have ever used plain with static trait?

With a box
2016-01-08, 12:01 PM
Static from SRD: Planes page

These planes are unchanging. Visitors cannot affect living residents of the plane, nor objects that the denizens possess. Any spells that would affect those on the plane have no effect unless the plane’s static trait is somehow removed or suppressed. Spells cast before entering a plane with the static trait remain in effect, however.

isn't that just fancy words for "nope, there is nothing to do here."? Why anyone would visit there?

Nibbens
2016-01-08, 12:06 PM
isn't that just fancy words for "nope, there is nothing to do here."? Why anyone would visit there?

I once used elements of a static demi-plane which bled over into the shadow plane while my PCs were exploring a dungeon there. The static plane was also a slow time plane, meaning that the events which were happening so slowly that for every 1000 years that passed there, 1 round would pass on the shadow (where the PCs could see). I used that "static" plane leakage to tell a separate story about what was happening there, while things were going on here. Etc Etc. Good times.