PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Gestalt x4 - Gun-slinging Batman?

Gwazi Magnum
2016-01-08, 04:10 PM
Basically a quick silly idea. I'm entering a campaign that's experimenting with this homebrew.

Vanilla Classes by Tier

Tier 1: Arcanist, Cleric, Druid, Witch, Wizard. (Archivist, Artificer, Erudite Spell to power variant)
Tier 2: Oracle, Shaman, Sorcerer, Summoner (Favored Soul, Psion, Binder, Erudite no variant)
Tier 3: Alchemist, Bard, Hunter, Inquisitor, Investigator, Magus, Skald, Warpriest (Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Crusader, Swordsage, Binder, Duskblade, Factotum, Warblade, Psychic Warrior)
Tier 4: Barbarian, Bloodrager, Brawler, Cavalier, Fighter, Ninja, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Slayer (Warlock, Warmage, Scout, Hexblade, Spellthief, Marshall)
Tier 5: Gunslinger, Monk, Swashbuckler (Soulknife, Knight)

Tier 1 = 6 Points
Tier 2 = 4 Points
Tier 3 = 3 Points
Tier 4 = 2 Points
Tier 5 = 1 Point

Traditional D&D: 6 Points
Flexible: 8 Points
McGyver: 10 Points

Bonus Buys

If a player ends up with a Class Point leftover and doesn't care to spend it on a Tier 5 Class level they can instead use it to gain one of the following:

1.Bonus Trait
2.+3 Skill Ranks
3.Additional Class Skill
4.+3 Hit Points

Using Flexible, so 8 Points.

With this I'm debating grabbing the following combination (PF Classes can be used if requested and approved):

Unchained Rogue/Unchained Monk/Alchemist/Gunslinger

But what I'm wondering is, how well do these classes work together?

Note this would be with the "Kung-fu Genius" feat, letting Monk be INT based instead of WIS based.

MisterKaws
2016-01-08, 06:32 PM
You've tagged it wrong, this is PF, not 3rd Ed.

Ancalidormis
2016-01-08, 06:59 PM
You've tagged it wrong, this is PF, not 3rd Ed.

this is both 3.5 AND pathfinder from what i'm seeing.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-08, 07:46 PM
WOW that is absurdly generous. Also uMonk is definitely not T5 anymore-- he's got a full BAB, bigger HD, Ki powers, Style Strikes (one of which lets you move and Flurry) and Pathfinder's more generous skill system. At the very least he's T4, and quite possibly even T3. Ditto uRogue-- automatic Dex to attack and damage, Rogue talents (some looking better than before?), debuffs, skill unlocks... I'm not familiar with most of his options, but he's real good.

But more generally, I guess?

Rogue//Alchemist is a bit redundant-- the Alchemist already gets plenty of skills and fantastic skill-boosting Extracts, and can swap bombs for sneak attack via the Vivisectionist archetype. On the other hand, the uRogue offers great options...
Monk//Rogue isn't bad at all, especially the Unchained versions. Good symmetry there, in fact, especially with things like Spin Kick and Flurry-for-extra-Sneak-Attacks.
Rogue//Gunslinger doesn't seem like a great combo. Especially since so many of your options seem focused on melee. Try an Inspired Blade Swashbuckler (which, by the way, is not even remotely T5 in Pathfinder-- they're a very competent melee combatant)
Gunslinger//Monk would work better without Kung Fu Genius-- better Wisdom synergy there. Also maybe without uMonk, if you can persuade your GM to let either the Zen Archer archetype to work with a Crossbow, or the Bolt Ace archetype to work with a normal bow.
Alchemist goes well with Monk and Gunslinger, methinks, depending on if you're doing a melee or ranged build.

Based on all that, I'd say Alchemist (3pts)//Inspired Blade Swashbuckler (should be 2-3 pts)//Unchained Rogue (probably 3 points)