PDA

View Full Version : How to finish off this Paladin Build

torrasque666
2016-01-09, 03:40 PM
I have a paladin (Saint Warfroged Dragonborn) that currently looks goes like the following

Draconic Racial 1, First level of Paladin, convert into Dragonborn of Bahamut
Draconic Racial 2
Paladin 2
Paladin 3
Paladin 4 (Buy off Draconic LA)
Paladin 5
Paladin 6 (Take Saint template)
Fist of Raziel 1
Fist of Raziel 2
Fist of Raziel 3
Fist of Raziel 4
Fist of Raziel 5
Fist of Raziel 6 (Buy off first Saint LA)
Fist of Raziel 7
Fist of Raziel 8
Fist of Raziel 9 (Buy off second Saint LA)
Fist of Raziel 10

After which I don't know how to cap off the last 4 levels. Possibly dip crusader for those last 4 to get a few more manuevers, but I'm not sure (ToB doesn't tend to do Mounted Combat too well.)

I can probably convince my DM to either let me take a feat to continue my Steed's advancement, or upgrade it like a magic item for better HD(I got permission to use a Clockwork Stallion rather than a regular Warhorse) But other than that I have no real idea what to do with it.

We use most of Troccaid's houserules, for added reference.

Keld Denar
2016-01-09, 10:01 PM
Ordained Champion is 5 levels long, but the first 4 levels are generally considered the best. Full BAB, partial casting, extra smiting tek, and hitting people with spells. Not bad.

Otherwise, you could dip one level of Crusader and then pick up 3 levels of Ruby Knight Vindicator, I'm sure, if you didn't want to go straight Crusader 4. RKV2 is the only one that really gets a neat ability, but picking up some Shadow Hand that way. Could be fun.

Otherwise Knight of the Raven from the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is a solid chassis. Not too glorious, but nice enough.

Hellreaver from Fiendish Codex II also has some interesting abilities. Holy Fury and Mettle are pretty decent abilities.