PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Cleric 3/Wizard 2 optimization

Oerlaf
2016-01-10, 02:07 AM
Hello to you all!

I would really appreciate your help with some optimization issues. I want to build a knowledge cleric 3/divination wizard 2 that is compatible with Adveturer's League. (i have a soon-to-be 4th level character and enough downtimes to catch up)
I know that sounds far from optimized but I'm just feeling that this character may counteract something the DM I'm going to play with is used to. Although I clearly understad that my character is multi-ability dependent, that's the concept.

Could you give me advice on how I should arrange ability scores and what race i should choose?

Malknafein
2016-01-10, 07:09 AM
This is very bad build. If you want to have high both INT and WIS for casting, you will have low CON and DEX, that will make you very squishy.

I recommend you to play Knowledge Cleric 1/Diviner Wizard 19.

Take Variant Human with War Caster feat and background that grants you 2 extra languages.

INT 16, CON and DEX 14, WIS 13
Half Plate and Shield will give you AC 19(24 with Shield spell).

At combat you are wizard with high AC that can cast Bless and Healing Word spells.

Outside combat you will have 7 skills, expertise in 2 knowledge skills, 5 extra languages, Guidance cantrip and wizard`a ritual casting. Also, Knowledge domain gives you Identify spell, that is nice to have.

Gignere
2016-01-10, 07:59 AM
Knowledge 2 Diviner Wizard 18 is also a good build. The second level would get you extra out of combat utility.

bid
2016-01-10, 05:06 PM
I will assume you only want Wizard 2 for portent and limit yourself to Int13:
- Hill dwarf or wood elf get start with 8 14 14 13 16 10.
- Variant human with resilient(Con) or observant would give you Str9 or Cha11.

If you will push wizard and won't go past Wis13:
- High elf with 8 14 14 16 13 10 works.
- Any gnome with 9 14 14 16 13 10 works, same as variant human with resilient(Con) or observant.

You could also go pure wizard, get ritual caster (cleric) and hope you grab augury if that's your goal.

Dimolyth
2016-01-10, 05:31 PM
How do you want to develop it?
Is that is cleric3/wizardX or clericX/wizard2?

If you want to be mainly wizard - I`d stricly recommend to start Cleric1/Wizard4, and get 2nd level of cleric after wizard5. You`ll end one spell level behind, but with all fluff and utility of cleric.
And you can roleplay as cleric easily, because his 2 signature spells - cure wounds and bless - are both accessible from 1st level. You can even never raise you WIS score higher than 14

If you want to be mainly cleric - pretty much the same thing - you can go Cleric4/Wizard1, and take 2nd level of wizard after cleric5. Here you can "dump" your Int to 13 or 14, and you will mainly free ritual wizard caster,but you begin with both sleep and calm emotions - to become greatest pacifist ever))

If your build is more about general cleric/wizard multiclass, rather than about specific Knowledge Domain and Diviner Tradition abilities, make it simplier. Arcane (or Light for blasts) Domain Cleric 5 with Ritual Caster Feat (Wizard) - will make exellent cleric/wizard feel.

Either variant can be roleplayed as wizard/cleric, despite unequal differences in the classes.