PDA

View Full Version : combo with party

zylodrizzt
2016-01-10, 04:00 PM
I thought this would be a good place to share stories or ideas about comboing with your party.

Also I was wondering what I might do to combo with a my party. It is level 6 or 7. We have a half orc paly/barb (believe Sorc later) drow conjuration wiz 2 Halfling rouges one is a mastermind the other a thief. I am a dwarf paly (going oathbreaker)/fiendlock/wiz (going necro). I play him melee with spells that buff or hinder or provide tactical advantage. Ask for any other details as needed.

Rummy
2016-01-10, 04:24 PM
It is a simple combo, but those rogues will worship the wizard for casting hold person.

Felvion
2016-01-10, 04:37 PM
Since you've got 3 teamates that have good damage potential i'd say it's a good thing you want to focus on battlefield control, buffs etc. On the other hand your class choices are a bit confusing. I'm curious on your attribute and level/class allocation. As long as you follow point buy you're either worthless in melee or have low casting stats. I mean neither is disastrous but I'd like to know more details on your character and his style in order to think of any usefull party combo you could pull.
By the way, your class combination reminds me of death domain cleric/favored soul in terms of flavor.

zylodrizzt
2016-01-10, 04:53 PM
We used pregen rolled stats. I forget the stats exactly but just enough to qual for paly but plenty for warlock and wizard. Medium armor. Paly first for armor. Avg con. 2 levels of paly for smite 3 warlock for tome sheleligh temp hp on kill. I think only 1 wiz I think. Hopes are that I'll deal 2xcha bunch of extra damage from skeletons. I may have lower level spells but can repeat them with rechargable spell slots (minions anytime) have alright spells per day with dm interpretation stating that I can record spells in spellbook of spells I have slots for (think I'm able to use my book of shadows) my invocations are disguise self at will (thinking to look like undead with me or enemy for confusion) silent image at will (change the battlefield to my liking other shenanagans) I'll get 1 more thinking prof in deception and persuasion or ritual book other ideas welcome. Think my 20 Lvl build will be oathbreaker 8 (would have went only 7 for damage bonus but would have lost an asi)/ fiendlock 5 (would have went 4 but would have lost 3rd Lvl slots and invo I think) necro 7 (that's for 6th Lvl slots for create undead). I have dueling fighting style now but can be persuaded for another. Not sure on feats cept I can't use inspiring leader on undead or healer.

zylodrizzt
2016-01-11, 03:17 PM
Bump I edited my last post. Also wish to remind everyone that this thread is also about how everyone combos with their parties as well

Bgharcourt
2016-01-13, 04:03 AM
In my current game, we have a Halfling Necromancer, a Dwarf Barbarian, a Half Elf Druid, an Elf Monk, and me the Eladrin Bladelock. Our signature Power combo during a surprise round is our barb goes into a rage, the necromancer( sitting on the dwarf's shoulder)casts Enlarge/reduce on the barb, barb kicks in door, druid and I cast Hold Person on all enemies, monks runs into the farthest held baddie, and crush face. Our DM hates it sooo much.:smalltongue:

The best part is seeing the Halfling firing off spells from the Giant Dwarf's shoulder.

Joe the Rat
2016-01-13, 11:26 AM
Our sniper has a spotter.

When conserving spell slots, our wizard likes to cast True Strike on our Sharpshooter Ranger. We need to run numbers on probabilities and damage to get a better picture of when just making a separate cantrip attack is better average damage than a flat +10 bonus to a ranged attack. I bet it would be pretty murderous with a Rogue Sharpshooter.

Groggen
2016-01-27, 09:36 PM
Our sniper has a spotter.

...our wizard likes to cast True Strike on our Sharpshooter Ranger....

Two weeks later and no-one has yet to point out that True Strike only affects the caster him/herself :)

RickAllison
2016-01-27, 10:25 PM
My party has yet to come up with any combos as of yet, but we are working on it. A failed PbP game had one good two-person combo. I was a Storm Sorcerer and my friend was going to be a Polearm Paladin with the works. One combo we talked through was having her immobilize enemies through Sentinel and later PAM, I would Shocking Grasp to remove their reaction, then we both would back up. Basic combo, but it would have been kind of nice, especially against armored foes.

MaxWilson
2016-01-27, 10:47 PM
My main party has a Shadow Monk 11, a Lore Bard 9/Cthulock 2, a Necromancer 9/Cthulock 2, and a Paladin of Devotion 7/Wild Sorcerer 4. The Monk and Bard are the scouting/recon-in-force team.

One of my favorite combos for them is for the Lore Bard to cast Summon Animals III or V to get a bunch of king cobras (Giant Poisonous Snakes), which have blindsight, while the Shadow Monk casts Darkness to give all those cobras advantage on attacks/disadvantage to attackers. Also, she's got Alert, so when she enter the darkness herself, it's as good as Patient Defense every round, without the bonus action cost.

If they need to get out of Dodge for some reason, he casts Enhance Ability (Strength) on her to make her strong enough to carry him, and then she grabs him and starts Shadow Stepping/Dashing madly away from danger. Or at least, that's the plan in case they ever do run into something which sends them into a panic--so far it's only happened in drills.

wolfenstein
2016-01-28, 01:21 PM
Our party is near the end of the horde of the Dragon queen. All level 11. We have a straight up monk, open fist. Paladin (vengeance)/cleric (war I believe). Rogue (assassin)/ fighter (battle master). I am playing a barbarian (totem wolf)/ fighter (champion) crit fisher. The main strategy we use is barb rage and take the center. Pally and monk take the sides. Rogue is ranged and usually has advantage on targets we're in melee with for sneak attack. I recklessly attack with GWM, Pally covers me with sentinel. Monk is mobile wizard killer etc. I must say wolf totem is excellent for melee intense parties. It was our first time trying out multi classing and it seemed to work fairly well with this party dynamic. Hit hard, hit fast. We've taken out dragons in less than one round.