PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Forged: An alternative Warforged adaption for my homebrew setting [PEACH]

Sredni Vashtar
2016-01-10, 06:56 PM
The homebrew setting that I'm currently working on (hopefully) has a Slavic, particularly Czech, feel. With that, I felt that a golem race was warranted, but the typical Warforged fluff didn't fit, and I was unsatisfied with the Unearthed Arcana version of the race. Here's my take on it, with a bit of the fluff that will hopefully be included in the short setting bible I'm compiling. As always, any and all criticism is welcome. Thanks in advance.

The Forged

For ages past, humanity has utilized their Honored Dead, the animated skeletal remains of volunteers, as guardians against the constant threat of trolls. This practice has fallen out of favor not too long ago, especially in Maroboden and other large cities, but the absence of untiring sentries has left civilization vulnerable to raids. The forged were the solution. Similar to golems, they are clay, stone, or iron constructs imbued with elemental spirits to bring them to life. However, they contain more than just a fragment of elemental life, giving them the ability to think and reason for themselves, but also making them functionally mortal.

For the last three decades, the Forged served under humanity without question and without gratitude. Recently, a cay forged named Josef has begun a movement among the Forged in Maroboden. Stating that they had souls just as humans do, they demand fair treatment and wages. However , despite Josef’s charismatic nature, not all forged wish to upset the societal norms. As such, the outcome of the movement remains to be seen.

Traits
As a forged, you have the following racial traits.
Ability Score Increase. You are literally made of sterner stuff than a human is. Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Size. Forged are built as facsimiles of humans, although they often weigh up to 50lbs more than a human often similar height. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Living Construct. Even though you were constructed, you are a living creature. You are immune to disease. You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest food and drink if you wish.
Instead of sleeping, you enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day. You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Primordial.
Subrace. Three main subraces of forged exist, depending on the material used to make up your body.

Clay Forged
You were sculpted from simple clay and infused with a spirit from the Elemental Plane of Earth. You are more intuitive and perceptive than other forged, and your kind is often used as scouts and lookouts.
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1 and your Constitution score increases by 1.
Acid Resistance. You have resistance to Acid damage.

Iron Forged
You were forged from iron ore and infused with a spirit from the Elemental Plane of Fire. You are stronger and more physically imposing than other forged, and your kind is often used as shock troops.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2.
Fire Resistance. You have resistance to Fire damage.

Stone Forged
You were carved from solid stone and infused with a spirit from the Elemental Plane of Earth. You are tougher and sturdier than other forged, and your kind is often used to defend important people or places.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 1, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
Solid Stone. Your Armor Class increases by 1.

(I also hope I used "PEACH" correctly. It took a bit of Googling to find out what it may mean.:smallredface:)

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-27, 01:27 AM
I know this was posted forever ago, but I was wondering if the homunculus and the Flesh Golem would be used as a basis for a small Forged and a Flesh Forged? Just to fill out the golem family. :3

Chambers
2016-06-27, 07:18 PM
Mod of the Broken Pattern: Don't raise dead threads back to unlife.