PDA

View Full Version : How to improve a fighters flight

WanderinCourier
2016-01-11, 12:54 AM
So my fighter is one fast mofo, he has a base land speed of 100 and between weapons and natural attacks i get 8 attacks a turn.

Though his greatest issue is following flying critters, due to his flight speed of only 20/Average.

Im looking for a way to increase his flightspeed/improve his manuevebility with feats preferably if possible though im open to other methods.

As a little background my character is a Kobold with draconic (Glide, Breath, paragon) feats. Also he is rocking the animal lord template. And we are mythic tier 2, with only one more challenge till we hit tier 3.

DrMotives
2016-01-11, 01:33 AM
Arms & Equipment has an ornithopter (think Da Vanci's flying machine) that lets you fly for 40/poor. Go for purely mundane flight! Also, all vehicles can be enchanted with Expeditious Retreat for an extra 10 ft speed.

OldTrees1
2016-01-11, 02:03 AM
If you are playing 3.P(since it is evident you are at least using pathfinder material)

The (Improved) Dragon Wings feat gives 30ft Glide (Fly) Speed. [Races of the Dragon]

Dragons (including dragonwrought kobolds) with at least 13 Str can take Improved Speed for +20ft Fly and +10ft everything else [Draconomicon]

The Improved Flight feat would change that Average manueverability to Good manueverability. [Races of the Wild]

Roog
2016-01-11, 02:37 AM
Air Heritage (PlHB) gives double racial flight speed (to a max if +30 ft)

I know you are looking for feats as if possible, but with that land speed, flight speed based on land speed would be quite impressive.

(from list of Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items))

Cloak of the Dragon (CChamp). 6000GP, shoulders slot. Fly speed equal to your land speed, maneuverability not specified, for 10 minutes once per day.
Feathered Wings graft (FF). 10000GP, slotless. Demon wings are grafted onto your body, yummy! All-day flight, average maneuverability, twice your land speed. Drives you bonkers if you're not Evil.
Phoenix Cloak (MIC). 50000GP, shoulders slot. All-day flight at your land speed, with perfect maneuverability, no bells or whistles.

Darrin
2016-01-11, 05:57 AM
If you have the dragon type (via Dragonwrought) then Improved Speed and Improved Maneuverability from the Draconomicon is probably what you're looking for.