PDA

View Full Version : Best pathfinder buffs for an E6 game

Alex1983
2016-01-11, 03:13 AM
I'm currently playing an alchemist in a pathfinder P6 game, and I want to know the best potions I could buy for pre combat buffs for the alchemical allocation extract.

Spore
2016-01-11, 04:19 AM
- Greater Magic Fang (it just last longer than MF)
- Arcane Sight
- Tongues
- Heroism
- Displacement
- Fly
- Haste
- Beast Shape I
- Protection from Evil
- Neutralize Poison

These are some good ones from just the Core Rules. I have restricted myself to spell levels 1-3, ignoring potions of classes that would not realistically learn "Create Potion" like Paladins, Rangers and Bards.

Alex1983
2016-01-11, 04:32 AM
My alchemist is more of a bomber than a melee focused character by the way. Any potion buffs that work well with bombs?

Spore
2016-01-11, 05:59 AM
I don't think there is much besides the Alchemist extracts that don't have to be potions anyhow. I hope you realize how powerful handing out infusions is to your party members?

Other than that buffing your Intelligence is worth more than buffing your Dexterity (you'd hit anyway), so Fox's Cunning (and possibly Cognatogen) is very worth your time. Other than that you should check to improve your number of bombs per day and your options other than bombing away since you can be out of bombs and you want a good way to attack otherwise.

After sifting through the Witch and Inqusitor spell lists I haven't found anything worthwhile. Branch out in your utility, be a skill monkey, help your allies and if everything goes south you can still use an Admixture Vial to cast Alchemical Allocation (Displacement)/Alchemical Allocation (Beast Shape I) to help flank and melee down anything.