PDA

View Full Version : The Dinomancer

DragonBaneDM
2016-01-11, 09:19 AM
Hey guys!

So a friend of mine is gonna run Into the Abyss pretty soon, and it's looking more and more like I'm going to be playing a Moon Druid. I'm excited for this, especially because I wanted to try out: the Dinomancer.

The Dinomancer is a Druid that focuses around turning into and summoning dinosaurs. I work in a natural history museum, so I love me some dinosaurs. I've okayed refluffing my wild shapes as dinosaurs (bear becomes ankylosaurus (the smaller ones were bear sized) and using a lot of jungle-themed attacks.

I also plan on multiclassing paladin since smiting as a beast seems like a great way to stay competitive. The way I'm going to fluff that is a sort of warden of the natural world type deal. The Str and Cha requirements are tough, but that's where my current choice for race comes in: dragonborn. I'm not in love with the idea of playing something without a Wis bonus, and all of the guides say it's terrible, but it helps with the MC stats and check out this picture (http://dnd-wiki.org/w/images/thumb/2/2d/Dragonborn_Abomination.jpg/600px-Dragonborn_Abomination.jpg). Kinda cool, yeah?

What do you guys think of this theme? Too ridiculous to make work? Would you try and change smaller things like race or multiclass?