PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help on a Binder Wizard

4BR4
2016-01-11, 09:42 AM
Hi Ground,

I'll soon start a KingMaker game, and I'd like to play, as usual, a wizard.

In this case my idea is to play a Wizard Binder, making use of the Planar Binding line of spells.

All Paizo products are legit, but no 3rd part.

I'd like to collect you idea and suggestion about building, feat, class, archetype, equipment and so on.

Thank you :)

ATHATH
2016-01-11, 10:47 AM
Wait, are you talking about Planar Binding (the spell line) or Binding (granted by the Binder class)?

4BR4
2016-01-11, 10:49 AM
I'm talking about the Planar Binding (the spell line) in Pathfinder.

Psyren
2016-01-11, 11:17 AM
Nearly any wizard will work for this (as long as you don't ban conjuration obviously.) You'll want the True Name (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/true-name) Arcane Discovery so that you get one totally free planar binding/GPB per day as a SLA.

If you want to build on the theme and be more of a summoner, consider the Pact Wizard archetype or Acadamae Graduate feat, but neither of them will directly boost your planar binding.

Florian
2016-01-11, 12:39 PM
Itīs Binding, so you actually donīt need to invest too much or too heavy into it. Itīll be effective one way or the other.

Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration) > Calling Focus, Spell Penetration should be mandatory. Skill Focus (Knowledge: Planes) and Signature Skill (Knowledge) help with True Names and negotiation here.

If evil alignment is an option, dipping three levels in Backfire Adept and then going on to Diabolist will probably net you the best binding options on a Wizard.

If not, using Arcanist as a base class and VMC Wizard will probably net you the best "base" Binder you can get, as you can also put the needed CHA to work besides INT.